• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I booked my hotel at the Marriott in Long Beach. Arrived there. Changed the reservation to the one near LAX. It seemed like a seedy as fuck place. Didn't even step outside. Entire LA is one seedy ghettoville, trash everywhere, pocked by a few rich areas where hollywood billionaires live. Even the area around chinese theater is terribad. My trip to LA was such a colossal disappointment. I'd rather get tortured inside epcot center by million screaming devil children.

Oh god, LAX is a horrible place to be. Is there any city where it's good to stay right next to the big international airport?

Hollywood is also trash. It's a tourist trap, mostly. I wish you would have asked us where to go/stay. We could have helped!

I meant the city. I love this city. I can get to the beach, but I don't need to live at the beach.

1 hour drive on the weekends, NO THANK YOU. I can run to the beach in 10 minutes instead. Honestly, the city annoys me because the traffic is the worst even for LA, the worst drivers are concentrated there.

Hindl

You're only winning because you're winning! We're not stupid!

I was more laughing about how she claims they aren't stupid because HRC is only winning because of closed primaries (true) and caucuses(false). Bernie's major success comes in caucuses, so that was a weird comment. But they're not stupid!

noshten

Hillary wins among HS grads and college/post grads but loses among college dropouts.

So Hillary wins with people who succeed or know they won't, but Bernie wins the hearts and minds of people who try and fail. Basically, his voting base is the unrealistically hopeful.

hillary-raise.gif

Iolo

Chicago deep dish is so good but it's trendy for people who have never experienced it in person to hate it. In this way it is much like Hillary. Also, both are cheesy.

Actual Chicago pizza is thin crust but no one ever talks about that because it doesn't fit the narrative.

Donald Trump’s announcement that he no longer stands by a pledge to support the GOP has thrown his hold on South Carolina’s 50 delegates in doubt.

The Palmetto State was one of several that required candidates to pledge their loyalty to the party’s eventual nominee in order to secure a slot on the primary ballot. Though Trump won all of the state’s delegates in the Feb. 20 primary, anti-Trump forces are plotting to contest their binding to Trump because of his threat on the pledge Tuesday.

The loyalty pledge is nothing new in South Carolina, where it has been required for decades, but took on new focus in light of Trump’s public musings about a third party run or withdrawing his support from the eventual nominee if he is stopped at a contested convention.
When asked about if he still would pledge to support the eventual Republican nominee during a town hall Tuesday with CNN’s Anderson Cooper, Trump said “No. I don’t anymore,” adding that he has been “treated very unfairly.”

Trump has been hiring staff to ensure he hangs on to delegates in what could be a messy convention fight, but the latest threat appears to be an unforced error on his part.

South Carolina Republican Party Chairman Matt Moore gave credence to the anti-Trump claims.

“Breaking South Carolina’s presidential primary ballot pledge raises some unanswered legal questions that no one person can answer,” he told TIME. “However, a court or national convention Committee on Contests could resolve them. It could put delegates in jeopardy.”

When Trump filed for the ballot in South Carolina he signed a pledge stating to “hereby affirm that I generally believe in and intend to support the nominees and platform of the Republican Party in the November 8, 2016 general election.”

South Carolina has yet to select delegates to the convention and it is a state where Trump may already be on the defensive with delegates. South Carolina delegates to the national convention must have been delegates or alternates to the state’s 2015 GOP convention, a requirement that benefits candidates who appeal to the establishment.

Those delegates would be bound to Trump on the first ballot according to state and RNC rules. The challenge, which could only be filed once delegates are selected, would seek to allow them to be free-agents on the first ballot, thereby keeping Trump further from the key 1,237 figure he needs to secure the nomination. Similar challenges could also be filed in other states that added loyalty pledges.

The potential fight over delegates comes as Trump is meeting with RNC chairman Reince Priebus Thursday.

http://time.com/4278295/donald-trump-loyalty-pledge-south-carolina-delegates/

LOL. The GOP is a big fat mess. The biggest fattest mess.

I was more laughing about how she claims they aren't stupid because HRC is only winning because of closed primaries (true) and caucuses(false). Bernie's major success comes in caucuses, so that was a weird comment. But they're not stupid!
I know it's just a ridiculous statement no matter which way you cut it.

Like people really have a way of making extremely obvious statements and pretending like they're some meaningful observations. "If everyone voted for Bernie he would win!" Ding ding ding, that is how elections work.

Diablos

Worst pizza ever is definitely Mellow Mushroom. Their logo accurately depicts the ridiculous crust proportions.

250px-Mellowlogo.jpg

If you grab a slice at a catered lunch, you will not know which toppings are on it, even after taking a bite.
Wow that's one shady logo. Do they lace the sauce with LSD?

Seriously no one else here has sampled the wonders of Detroit style pizza? Maybe it's just hard to find. I live in FL now but I'm lucky enough to have place nearby that does it pretty damn good.

pigeon

Banned
In addition to Sanders and Clinton having basically the same policies, their supporters also have basically the same policy goals:

overview_2.png

http://www.vox.com/2016/3/31/11338806/trump-sanders-populism-voters

The biggest notable difference is that Sanders supporters are the most noninterventionist (which makes sense, and is the right stance), and obviously they're the most likely to think the economic system is rigged.

Clinton supporters are also a little more racist against Muslims. Boo!

Also, interestingly, Clinton supporters are more supportive of government-provided healthcare than Sanders supporters. This doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Going back to LA, I think we run into the same problem as our bagels. I mean, our bagels are the 2nd best, but fucking NY water does something to them and their pizza we can't recreate. It is what it is.

This is a pretty closely guarded secret, not even kidding. I'm writing something on it and the agency that takes care of it is dodging my calls. It's like I'm calling Area 51 asking about aliens or something.

In addition to Sanders and Clinton having basically the same policies, their supporters also have basically the same policy goals:

overview_2.png

The biggest notable difference is that Sanders supporters are the most noninterventionist (which makes sense, and is the right stance), and obviously they're the most likely to think the economic system is rigged.

Also, interestingly, Clinton supporters are more supportive of government-provided healthcare than Sanders supporters. This doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

I'm okay with Hillary being a bit of a Hawk. People use that against her...But I'm okay with someone that can get hands dirty re foreign policy

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The worst part of LA are the bagel places that FUCKING IMPORTANT NEW YORK WATER

At least they're trying.

I've always heard the rumors, but never really believed it. Does it help with the bagels any? Because ours are delicious.

It's a widely believed rumor that the area water is an essential part of what makes the dough so perfect for our NY pizza and bagels. I'm honestly not sure I believe that, but it's a fun thing to throw around.

The whole "NYC water" thing for pizza and bagels is a myth. I've had pizza and bagels from central NJ just as good as the NYC stuff.

There are a million factors that go into making the food good before the hardness of the water matters.

HylianTom

Banned
LOL goddamn

That tells me she is tired of the little leagues and she wants to go to The Show
In that brief clip, her facial expressions said SO much about where she is mentally; that was, to me, the most impressive part of the whole thing. You could tell she was semi-fighting herself to remain temperate in how she was handling it.

Ophelion

Single issue voters is all I can think of. People who are in it for being anti-establishment or breaking up the banks, but don't give a shit about Bernie's policies outside of that. I mean, you'd think that'd apply to Clinton too though, so I dunno. Perhaps Bernie is netting a higher portion of such single issue voters?

Edit: I don't know why I stopped to define the term. It's not like pigeon of all people doesn't know what a single issue voter is...

overview_2.png

I didn't realize the healthcare had such a large divide among Dems and GOP. Holy shit. That's fucking massive.

This is a pretty closely guarded secret, not even kidding. I'm writing something on it and the agency that takes care of it is dodging my calls. It's like I'm calling Area 51 asking about aliens or something.

I was told there's like tadpoles in the water that are microscopic! INVESTIGATE!

(not joking on the tadpole thing..I was told this).

BTW, i also love how you can drink the tap water in NY. lol @ doing that here.

I've always heard the rumors, but never really believed it. Does it help with the bagels any? Because ours are delicious.

I wonder if something in it dies in transport like what happens to San Fran Sourdough. You can only make it there because the germ or whatever that gives it its flavor is i the air there and you can try to recreate it 100% anywhere else and it tastes different (and less good).

There are also pizza places that transport the water and it still comes up short. NYC pizza makers can't recreate it 100% out here. Something is going on...

Holmes

My favorite Clinton heckling event at a rally was in South Carolina when some white people heckled her over African-American issues and the actual African-Americans in the crowd were like nah.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The whole "NYC water" thing for pizza and bagels is a myth. I've had pizza and bagels from central NJ just as good as the NYC stuff.

There are a million factors that go into making the food good before the hardness of the water matters.

You might be getting it from the same place we are though, never really know.

In that brief clip, her facial expressions said SO much about where she is mentally; that was, to me, the most impressive part of the whole thing. You could tell she was semi-fighting herself to remain temperate in how she was handling it.

Yup. She's totally ready to head up to the big fight, if only her current opponent would just stay down.

I was told there's like tadpoles in the water that are microscopic! INVESTIGATE!

(not joking on the tadpole thing..I was told this).

BTW, i also love how you can drink the tap water in NY. lol @ doing that here.

I heard it's shrimp, not tadpoles.

Ophelion

I didn't realize the healthcare had such a large divide among Dems and GOP. Holy shit. That's fucking massive.

The reason for that is Obamacare. I'm sure it was a pretty wide divide before that, but I would put money on Obamacare being what caused the divide to be so massive.

Mellow Mushroom is pretty solid, imo.

And yeah, their mascot is obviously stoned out of his mind. A lot of their menu items mention how baked they are.

Holmes

My grandma-in-law is going to a Democratic meeting tonight with all of her church friends. I'm not going though because I don't speak Spanish.

User 406

Banned
Unedited:

Ce4zlrsUsAA_Jpa.jpg

This is disgusting mainly because the mental image is of a butthole gumming a slice of pizza.

Adam the kind of dude who goes to the penn station sbarros for fun.

Now that's just revolting. Unless he's going there for bathroom sex instead of the pizza, in which case that's fine.

Sbarro's is perhaps the worst example of New York style pizza out there.

I was listening to an episode of Judge John Hodgman where he was talking about Connecticut pizza and at first I thought he was joking, just because I'd never heard of it, but it sounds like the real deal.

Oh it is. My grandmother lived in New Haven, and every time we visited the pizza was always the best part of the trip. Last time we were there our relatives just grabbed a quick pie from the nearest hole in the wall place and it was the best pizza I'd had in years. Cleveland, man. :(

Seriously no one else here has sampled the wonders of Detroit style pizza? Maybe it's just hard to find. I live in FL now but I'm lucky enough to have place nearby that does it pretty damn good.

Detroit style is the only major regional style I haven't had the good fortune to try out in its birthplace. I've had pizza in New York, New Haven, St. Louis, Chicago, and California, and if I'm ever in Detroit I'm definitely going to pig out. Oh, and they're all fantastic, you hater-ass haters.

I'm half tempted to try finding bottled water that came from the NY water system so I can make some pizza with it and see how it does. I'm pretty happy with my version as it is tho.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Feed it pizza

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

She's absolutely right, people have no idea how campaign contributions work. I've given up trying to explain how individual contributions work because people just don't want to hear it, they just want to be angry about something. Those numbers on OpenSecrets are for individual contributions but people act like it's the companies themselves donating the money.

EDIT: Part of the confusion is due to citizen's united muddying the waters, but most of it is just people not caring.

I'd be fed up too, if it was being constantly been insinuated that I was the most corrupt person ever from all sides.

And I think it's entirely fair to say this doesn't happen without a candidate cajoling it some degree.

And it's transparent bullshit to say that you're not engaging in personal and/or negative attacks.

ivysaur12

Banned
She's absolutely right, people have no idea how campaign contributions work. I've given up trying to explain how individual contributions work because people just don't want to hear it, they just want to be angry about something. Those numbers on OpenSecrets are for individual contributions but people act like it's the companies themselves donating the money.

When I give, it must look EVIL.

Time to give to the queen with my Establishment Money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom