• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
As kids, us Michiganders used to make fun of Ohio (maybe still pissed over Toledo going to Ohio and not Michigan?)

Then I visited friends in Cleveland, Cincinnati and Oxford and really liked them. Instead, let's just make fun of Indiana.

Is there even anything physically in that state to make fun of?

Is there even anything physically in that state to make fun of?

816316605.gif

Yup.

Plus the bounty that is Notre Dame.

Here's the maps for Chicago, by ward and by precinct: Democrats | Republicans

According to census data, the largest concentrations of same-sex couples are in the 44th, 46th, 47th, 48th, and 49th wards.

Probably the most famous LGBT district of Chicago is Boystown, but typically of unofficial Chicago neighborhoods, the borders are pretty nebulous. The parts that everybody seems to consider Boystown make up the 33rd and 37th precincts of the 44th ward, plus parts of the 10th, 30th, and 31st precincts of the 46th ward. Depending on one's definition of Boystown it can encompass quite a bit more. Honestly someone who has been in the city longer than I have can probably detail better which precincts to look at.

According to that map, virtually all the well-known gay areas voted Hillary. I'm in the 48th, sometimes called Boytown North (formerly Dyketown, but the boys have taken over).

Also, Str8GAF represent. There are dozens of us!

watershed

Banned
I'm ready for this dem primary season to be over. Bernie just hasn't gotten better as a candidate the way I expect successful politicians to. Part of the nominating process is proving yourself, in any number of ways, to the American people and I don't feel Bernie has done that.

I'm ready for this dem primary season to be over. Bernie just hasn't gotten better as a candidate the way I expect successful politicians to. Part of the nominating process is proving yourself, in any number of ways, to the American people and I don't feel Bernie has done that.

My thoughts exactly. I was intrigued when he threw his hat in the race but he didn't pass the sniff test.

NeoXChaos

Peterson is a co-founder of the Blue Dog Coalition, the caucus of moderate House Democrats, and is known for his conservatism. He’s anti-abortion, opposed to embryonic stem cell research, against same-sex marriage and supports the death penalty. He is also avidly anti-gun control.

On March 21, 2010, Peterson voted against the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.[51]

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/collin-peterson-bernie-sanders_us_56f95c2ee4b014d3fe2394bc

According to that map, virtually all the well-known gay areas voted Hillary.

more proof that gay chicago is best chicago

It's not intellectually honest for someone from Northeast Ohio to make fun of an NFL team. There's a level of absurdity even I won't cross.

eh. that gets waived for the colts and only the colts

we're talking about the OTHER team that thought trent richardson was worth a first

Someone posted a golf course and some trees in the last thread. But I've never seen those on my drives through the pitiless yawning gulf of Indiana.

i'm convinced after every drive through the state that indiana is 10 minutes of indianapolis surrounded by 5-6 hours of a formless void

Classic.

I do like Peterson though for locking down MN-7 for the Democrats, as soon as he retires it's probably gone. In fact the GOP was trying to spread rumors about his retirement last cycle and he was like "You know I was thinking about it, but now FUCK THEM I'm running through at least 2020!"

Conservative on policy but definitely not a party backstabber like some blue dogs.

NeoXChaos

what is Colin Peterson a reliable vote on? Seems like whoever his eventual Republican replacement will be no different than him.

So will we officially change the lyrics to "Hail to the Chief" if Hillary wins?

Hail to the Chief we have chosen for the nation,
Hail to the Chief! We salute him, one and all.
Hail to the Chief, as we pledge cooperation
In proud fulfillment of a great, noble call.

Yours is the aim to make this grand country grander,
This you will do, that's our strong, firm belief.
Hail to the one we selected as commander,
Hail to the President! Hail to the Chief!

Not that anyone actually sings it....

He's also unfortunately the only guy that can in that area of rural Minnesota anymore as a Democrat. He also was famously going to retire in 2014 when the GOP decided to run ads against him.

http://www.startribune.com/will-attacks-on-rep-collin-peterson-backfire-on-gop/245909221/

Annoyed by the latest attempts to push him out, Peterson has said he's more likely to run now that Republicans are ramping up the pressure. He plans to make a final decision by early March.

"If they had left me alone, I might've retired by now," said Peterson, considered the dean of Minnesota's congressional delegation. "I guess it's just part of their harassment campaign."

For Republicans, it just makes sense to challenge Peterson in a rural, conservative-leaning district where voters have faithfully backed Republican presidential candidates for years.

what is Colin Peterson a reliable vote on? Seems like whoever his eventual Republican replacement will be no different than him.
I think there's something to be said in this environment about someone who's not willing to throw a wrench into everything and shut down the government for either partisan gain or some ideological crusade. If he was the 218th vote for Speaker Pelosi or a Dem-backed budget he'd probably pull through.

But yeah I can't say much more than that about his politics.

User 406

Banned
So will we officially change the lyrics to "Hail to the Chief" if Hillary wins?

Hail to the Chief we have chosen for the nation,
Hail to the Chief! We salute him, one and all.
Hail to the Chief, as we pledge cooperation
In proud fulfillment of a great, noble call.

Yours is the aim to make this grand country grander,
This you will do, that's our strong, firm belief.
Hail to the one we selected as commander,
Hail to the President! Hail to the Chief!

Not that anyone actually sings it....

Easy enough to just drop a "her" in there.

They should sing it in Congress, would be hilarious to watch the entire Republican side with their lips shut tighter than Kasich's butthole lips trying to hold back a contaminated burrito.

Watching Race For The White House Dukakis vs Bush...Has there been a bigger campaign catastrophe than Dukakis in tank? Goodness lol

Watching Race For The White House Dukakis vs Bush...Has there been a bigger campaign catastrophe than Dukakis in tank? Goodness lol

"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what...who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims. ...These are people who pay no income tax. ...and so my job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

I'm just sharing this with ya'll cause you're probably the only people who would appreciate it.

I love folk music, and there's a guy named John McCutcheon who during the dark days of the Bush years was my lifeline. He has some awesome songs from that time.

Ashcroft's Army
Duct Tape
Let's Pretend

He also had this great song called "Hail to the Chief" that was all made up of Bushisms. Was hilarious, but I can't find it online. ]

User 406

Banned
I'm just sharing this with ya'll cause you're probably the only people who would appreciate it.

I love folk music, and there's a guy named John McCutcheon who during the dark days of the Bush years was my lifeline. He has some awesome songs from that time.

Ashcroft's Army
Duct Tape
Let's Pretend

He also had this great song called "Hail to the Chief" that was all made up of Bushisms. Was hilarious, but I can't find it online. ]

Here's my favorite: Stick Magnetic Ribbons on Your SUV

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Collin Peterson is exactly the type of guy many in the Bernie "revolution" would want primaried

Which is maybe why he's backing bernie?

Probably easier for him to do than taking a stand against his/his donors beliefs on actual policy matters.

thcsquad

Thank you! I don't know Chicago that well, but I find this stuff super interesting. If anyone knows Chicago well and can tell, that'd be awesome.

I wish I could zoom in on the map. The center of Boystown is the Halsted strip from Belmont north to Addison. This is the commercial center, though. Residential would probably be a quarter mile radius around that. But without being able to zoom in, I can't match that to precincts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom