• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

East Lake

Evidence of Clinton in specific, that paper has fuck and all to do with Hillary Clinton. She's not even mentioned.
It generalizes to virtually every well funded candidate, so there's no need to have a report about the queen being led away in cuffs. That's the beauty of it!

I only like school pizza and the $1 Totino's Party Pizzas. IDK. Just ntohing I've ever liked.

I didn't hate Hungry Howies when I was little.
You know.. I honestly have to think your mom sees that and think she failed as a mother. I know I would feel like a failure as a father if my kid were to like only shitty school pizza. It's up there with cheering for Pittsburgh/Michigan Adam. It hurts my soul.

Kangi

still haven't beaten it ;_;

tumblr_inline_nwwts4DrjT1tz5wkh_540.gif

pigeon

Banned

I read that paper when boiled goose posted it. I think it's definitely interesting but, as I noted to him, I'm not convinced that "the government doesn't do what the polls-tested best outcome is" is equivalent to "the government is corrupt." Sometimes the polls-tested best outcome is actually incoherent, like when people want to cut taxes and increase spending on everything except foreign aid, or just wrong, like when people oppose raising the debt ceiling.

Part of the point of having a republican democracy is specifically to temper the potential excesses of direct democracy. So showing that the system does that is not necessarily evidence that the government isn't serving the people.

Armaros

I read that paper when boiled goose posted it. I think it's definitely interesting but, as I noted to him, I'm not convinced that "the government doesn't do what the polls-tested best outcome is" is equivalent to "the government is corrupt." Sometimes the polls-tested best outcome is actually incoherent, like when people want to cut taxes and increase spending on everything except foreign aid, or just wrong, like when people oppose raising the debt ceiling.

Part of the point of having a republican democracy is specifically to temper the potential excesses of direct democracy. So showing that the system does that is not necessarily evidence that the government isn't serving the people.

Or how you can poll the same group of people for Obamacare, literally called that on the poll, and some other title for the exact same law, and get completely different results.

How did Hillary do that well internationally. I'm going to go with name rec, but I said damn.

With numbers like that we need to seriously consider annexation as an option. Obama, get on it.

Also, I'd like to sit down and talk with the 2% of Europeans who would be relieved if Trump won. What are their lives like?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
How did Hillary do that well internationally. I'm going to go with name rec, but I said damn.

There's been a few OP-eds out of places like the BBC that have been fairly impressed with her wonkishness, especially in terms of foreign policy. There was one that talked about how everyone reacted to Brussels and the writer basically said she gave the best assessment of the situation out of everyone running.

Kangi

I recall she also won a Canadian poll akin to that.

Hillary's popular overseas. She's a known name and exudes competence, in stark contrast to the trainwreck that is Trump. The more he gains prominence, the higher her numbers go because they're crossing their fingers for her.

Our general election really is going to straight-up be good vs. evil, isn't it...?

Sunshine demolishes 64. Not even worthy of comparison to the Galaxy games.
Sunshine has the best controls of any 3D Mario game, but the game is structured horribly. The blue coins are clearly padding. I wouldn't mind an HD update that overhauled that system somehow, even if it was just a checklist of each of them or something, but that still doesn't change the lack of levels or level variety.

No? Your time would be better spent reading than making strawman arguments.

http://rooseveltinstitute.org/party-competition-and-industrial-structure-2012-elections-2/

Feel free at any point to argue yourself instead of posting now 50+ pages of stuff that don't reference the person I'm talking about.

And by that I mean what is your overall argument. I tried to summarize is and all you did was say no that;s not what I'm saying and post a 35 page research paper again with no context of your own.

With numbers like that we need to seriously consider annexation as an option. Obama, get on it.

Also, I'd like to sit down and talk with the 2% of Europeans who would be relieved if Trump won. What are their lives like?

I have no problems with this as long as we annex the UK. (Sorry CCS).

There's been a few OP-eds out of places like the BBC that have been fairly impressed with her wonkishness, especially in terms of foreign policy. There was one that talked about how everyone reacted to Brussels and the writer basically said she gave the best assessment of the situation out of everyone running.

but Norway tho

I recall she also won a Canadian poll akin to that.

Hillary's popular overseas. She's a known name and exudes competence, in stark contrast to the trainwreck that is Trump. The more he gains prominence, the higher her numbers go because they're crossing their fingers for her.

Our general election really is going to straight-up be good vs. evil, isn't it...?

All good points. And, yes, it's literally going to be good versus evil.

Channel 4 (UK) has a special called "Can Trump Win?" I'm so watching the hell out of that tomorrow.

Mario 64 at times is one of the goddamn loneliest games in existence. That level where you raise and lower the water levels makes me feel like the last human being on Earth.

When Boris Johnson calls you ignorant tho.....Trump getting rekt in this "documentary."

The opening words fo this documentary

"Boca Raton, Florida. Two days before the incredibly important primary. And I'm following a penis wearing a Donald Trump mask across the lawn"

East Lake

Feel free at any point to argue yourself instead of posting now 50+ pages of stuff that don't reference the person I'm talking about.
You just ctrl+f Hillary Clinton and hope there was nothing there lol? I'm actually giving you valuable information about how politics work, and Hillary is no special snowflake. It's no politico or reddit post but it's interesting.

ivysaur12

Banned
So, who are the Bernistas who actually have a shot of winning their party's Dem nomination?

Lucy Flores
Zephyr Teachout

Who else? I feel like we should be focusing more on races like these instead of trying to primary Nancy Pelosi?

I'm still wondering this fwiw.

You just ctrl+f Hillary Clinton and hope there was nothing there lol? I'm actually giving you valuable information about how politics work, and Hillary is no special snowflake. It's no politico or reddit post but it's interesting.

More like if it was there I'd read it just to see what the argument against Clinton specifically is (because she is treated like she's extra corrupt aka the special snowflake you claim she isn't. The level of venom thrown at her compared to say Obama is ridiculous) I'm busy doing homework of my own, I don't have time to read 50+ pages of research paper none of which have anything to do with Clinton directly especially since you won't actually outright state what your point is.

I will read it eventually don't get m wrong. My point though is what is your specific argument?

thcsquad

Daniel B·;199826514 said:
Err, we don't need a poll for that, as we've already had the Democrats Abroad Primary, where Bernie scored 69% of the vote, and netted five (9/4) pledged delegates :).

I'm curious why Americans abroad and Europeans in general think differently.

Sianos

Mario 64 at times is one of the goddamn loneliest games in existence. That level where you raise and lower the water levels makes me feel like the last human being on Earth.

I really liked the atmospheric shifts in the game between pleasant, upbeat levels and more isolated dreary levels - it really did feel like a journey. Could be the nostalgia talking, the same reason why some of the jank is endearing to me.

While not as mechanically polished as Sunshine or Galaxy, skilled players can pull off some pretty crazy maneuvers. I think even if it has been surpassed, it still holds up as a quality game these days.

Galaxy is the prettiest game that I've ever played that has little substance in terms of gameplay. I genuinely think that it's the most aesthetically pleasing game I've ever played - that or NiGHTS Into Dreams... Most of the stars were really unmemorable and dull, though. Luigi's long jump totally breaks the game on the second playthrough, too. Some of the stuff that I actually died a few times on in the Mario playthrough, like Toy Time's Purple Coin, I found really easy to do because of that long jump.

I actually haven't really enjoyed a Mario 3D platformer since Mario 64. I thought that Sunshine was really padded with the blue coins, Galaxy 2 had really poor stars (especially some of those Green Stars), and SM3DW was just really dull. The complaints that people have about Rayman Legends - it was designed for multiplayer and thus the level design was not as tight - I think are really more appropriate for SM3DW. It's just really dull and having to collect all the things that you need to collect to get to Champion's Road is not worth it.

I haven't enjoyed a 2D Mario lately either, though I have not played SM3DL since I don't own a 3DS.

Mario is the Jeb Bush of franchises at this point - big name that never lives up to its potential.

East Lake

More like if it was there I'd read it just to see what the argument against Clinton specifically is (because she is treated like she's extra corrupt aka the special snowflake you claim she isn't. The level of venom thrown at her compared to say Obama is ridiculous) I'm busy doing homework of my own, I don't have time to read 50+ pages of research paper none of which have anything to do with Clinton directly especially since you won't actually outright state what your point is.

I will read it eventually don't get m wrong. My point though is what is your specific argument?
Well I'll set aside whatever Berniebro arguments are out there about how she's uniquely corrupt, but you did ask for evidence. The second paper is specifically about money in politics. The point is that Clinton will operate within a corrupt system, and she has to play the game to get anything done. That's pragmatism, but it shouldn't seen for anything other than what it is and she has to balance between her voters and corporate interests.

T'Zariah

Banned
I just want to make a PSA that I'm really glad the Obama is our POTUS.

The man won't be fully appreciated at least until about 10-15 years from now.

Well I'll set aside whatever Berniebro arguments are out there about how she's uniquely corrupt, but you did ask for evidence. The second paper is specifically about money in politics. The point is that Clinton will operate within a corrupt system, and she has to play the game to get anything done. That's pragmatism, but it shouldn't seen for anything other than what it is and she has to balance between her voters and corporate interests.

I asked for evidence that makes her this corrupt person, not evidence that the system has issues. The issue at hand is that she is demonized as uniquely vilely corrupt and that is not backed up by evidence.

Of course the system has issues, that's besides the point though when talking specifically about Clinton, given that the accusations of her corruptness aren't she's part of a corrupt system but are that she's personally corrupt and abnormally so.

She is part of the same system Obama is and yet he's not getting the same accusations.

This is the one that gets me. This one gets me real, real good. Well, that and the ability to ignore Gabbard's problematic history with LGBT rights...but whatever.
It's a personality cult and desperation for some validation. It's like Republicans claiming to hate celebrities but then turn around and elect Reagan and Schwarzenegger.

Oh this person, who is part of the establishment, also just happens to be one of the good ones. What a coincidence then that they also support my candidate of choice!

I asked for evidence that makes her this corrupt person, not evidence that the system has issues. The issue at hand is that she is demonized as uniquely vilely corrupt and that is not backed up by evidence.

Of course the system has issues, that's besides the point though when talking specifically about Clinton, given that the accusations of her corruptness aren't she's part of a corrupt system but are that she's personally corrupt and abnormally so.

She is part of the same system Obama is and yet he's not getting the same accusations.
I feel many Bernie supporters will try and have it both ways - like if you bring it up they'll go, well Obama is part of the problem too. But at the same time they're much more willing to give him the benefit of the doubt whereas Hillary is just obviously crooked based on... Things that also apply to Obama or Bill.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
This sounds about right.

‘Duck Dynasty’ Star Willie Robertson Joins Fox News As Correspondent, Podcast Host
Duck Dynasty star Willie Robertson is making the jump from reality TV to cable news personality and will be joining the Fox News Network as an official correspondent, the network announced earlier today. Robertson will also host a new Fox News Radio podcast set to premiere on April 4.

The Willie Robertson Podcast will focus on matters Robertson is already well known for, framed as “faith and family,” in keeping with the evangelical views he often expresses on Duck Dynasty and in public appearances.

thcsquad

I feel many Bernie supporters will try and have it both ways - like if you bring it up they'll go, well Obama is part of the problem too. But at the same time they're much more willing to give him the benefit of the doubt whereas Hillary is just obviously crooked based on... Things that also apply to Obama or Bill.

I see this too. A lot of my Facebook friends that share the most vile hit pieces against Hillary also share every positive thing about Obama. I don't see how it's possible to have such a negative opinion of hillary (for lefty reasons) and simultaneously love everything Obama does.

T'Zariah

Banned
I see this too. A lot of my Facebook friends that share the most vile hit pieces against Hillary also share every positive thing about Obama. I don't see how it's possible to have such a negative opinion of hillary (for lefty reasons) and simultaneously love everything Obama does.

Cognitive dissonance

That trend was before multiple poor days for the Trump campaign, and the Trump campaign not offering a distraction for the first time this cycle

It's doubtful that would significantly bleed Trump's notoriously loyal support and there's no reason to expect a Kasich rise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom