• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I know, superdelegates don't count for anything unless there is no clear nominee by the time of the convention. I think they've only been used decisively once in the history of the Democratic conventions, and it was almost forty years ago.

The superdelegate system was first created before the 1984 convention. Since then, they have always given the nomination to the pledged delegate leader, even in cases where they could have been used to deny the nomination.

Now the modern nomination system itself only dates back to the 1972 convention. Prior to that, primaries did not have the same amount of importance they do now.

Zyae

WTF @ NY. Hillary should be out way ahead.

Or maybe, just maybe the People of NY are big Bernie supporters and all of us arent going to simply vote for her because she was our Senator for 8 years. Maybe its possible that people are realizing that he supports what the people of NY need more than she does?

Thats impossible though.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Or maybe, just maybe the People of NY are big Bernie supporters and all of us arent going to simply vote for her because she was our Senator for 8 years. Maybe its possible that people are realizing that he supports what the people of NY need more than she does?

Thats impossible though.
We are talking about the guy down double digits rite?

Meanwhile Trump gets all the headlines. This is why Bernie needs to drop out. Bernie is taking away from the race and has nothing exciting to show for it other than something that makes for an exciting reddit thread.
Can you please with this.
"Hillary needs to drop out, she's boring and has nothing exciting to offer"

Zyae

We are talking about the guy down double digits rite?

Yes? We are talking about the guy that shrunk her lead over the last few days rite?

She will most likely win NY but its going to be pretty close. Bernie is very popular here. New York is not a gimmie for her. This is not her home state as much as her supporters want it to be.

Loudninja

Yes? We are talking about the guy that shrunk her lead over the last few days rite?

She will most likely win NY but its going to be pretty close. Bernie is very popular here. New York is not a gimmie for her. This is not her home state as much as her supporters want it to be.
Shrunk her lead?

Its not going to be close, winning double digits is not close at all.

Y2Kev

Actually her lead has been relatively consistent over the last set of polls. Rite you can look that up in the receipts. Admittedly this is two polls.

New York is a gimme for Hillary.

Bernie shooting for the "moderate to huge losses in delegate rich states" strategy, it's pretty balllsy, but it's far too soon to know if it will pay off.

ampere

What is Bernie going to do that Hillary won't?

And I don't mean, what unrealistic promises does Bernie make, I mean what will he do that she won't.

You can't really compare margins between pollsters and claim momentum. Each has a different likely voter screen, typically. YouGov has been very proBernie. I think it's a methodology thing. But, I do think it's going to be closer than a lot of people think.

Don't underestimate the power of Brooklynites who knew Bernie 50 years ago telling their friends about him. I also imagine the numbers will tighten as Tyler adds more variables to his model.

And I don't mean, what unrealistic promises does Bernie make, I mean what will he do that she won't.
He is opposed to the nsa eroding our constitutional right to privacy and would shut it down, while Hillary's stance is fuck your privacy, we need to spy on all american citizens and trample the rights bestowed upon them by the founders to keep them safe, despite the fact that the nsa has been unable to point to a single instance where they managed to prevent a terrorist act. How's that?

Diablos

Thats impossible though.
Not impossible but foolish if you want to vote with such ideological purity that it costs us the WH and the SCOTUS.

If there wasn't so much on the line I'd almost want Bernie to win the primary so I can say I told you so after Trump or whoever on the GOP side beats him with relative ease in November.

Tell me how you will feel if Bernie barely wins.
I'd be wondering what happened to common fucking sense in the Democratic party.

Y2Kev

I enjoy doing my taxes, honestly. It's somewhat fun to review all of your income sources for the year, look at your spending, lie about how much you gave to poor people, etc. It's healthy.

The YouGov poll shows her weakness in New York is, as usual, millennials and whites. If you were an adult when she was Senator, you're probably voting for her.

Hispanics like her more than 18-29s like Bernie. That's weird.

Makai

I enjoy doing my taxes, honestly. It's somewhat fun to review all of your income sources for the year, look at your spending, lie about how much you gave to poor people, etc. It's healthy.
Me too. Exploit all available credits (or loopholes) to get the lowest rate. There's a tax break for putting money in a Roth!

Holmes

I mean, it's a little pointless to look at the crosstabs of a shit poll with a MoE so high. If you think she'll win NY Dems by the same margin she won Missouri Dems then ok.

I mean, it's a little pointless to look at the crosstabs of a shit poll with a MoE so high. If you think she'll win NY Dems by the same margin she won Missouri Dems then ok.
They also didn't ask if you were already registered to vote as a democrat in the primary. It probably wouldn't change much but it's an important question to ask this close to the primary when registration has passed.

Here's the 2008 exit poll for reference: http://politics.nytimes.com/election-guide/2008/results/vote-polls/NY.html

New York was never going to give her the margin he got in Vermont for many reasons. I'd have called anyone who said that idiots then and they're idiots now.

Holmes

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
The margin will be 20% and many people will take to reddit and say they weren't able to vote #StopDWS

If I had to guess, I'd suspect 20% too.

Of course, anything other than a win for Sanders is wayyy too little.
He needs a 10 point margin, but a win would justify him staying in the race.

maybe mark penn should come back?

#demsindisarray

#stardewvalley

I just want to know what pithy name he'll come up with for the KEY SWING VOTERS this cycle. I don't that anything can top "wired workers" though.

Also, they could really use his expertise on delegate math.

KingK

I would guess their appointments to cabinet and regulatory positions would be quite different, which can have a pretty big impact on enforcement of current laws and regulations.

Also, more important for me is what Bernie wouldn't do that Clinton would. I am worried that Hillary would be more likely to pass major entitlement cuts or other right wing legislation to compromise with republicans in ways I don't want. The big thing is foreign policy though. Everything I've read about her, including that recent Atlantic piece on the Obama doctrine, makes her seem a lot more hawkish than Obama. I don't think Bernie is as knowledgeable on the topic, but I do think his ideals seem to line up more with Obama's here.

Despite losing the state on Feb. 20 in the caucus, Bernie Sanders' campaign swarmed the Clark County caucus and probably flipped two delegates from Hillary Clinton's camp.

Clinton was presumed to have a 20-15 delegate edge after the caucus based on her 5 percentage point win in the caucuses. But because the caucus process allows some delegates to be unbound, 12 of those were up for grabs at the 17 county conventions Saturday. Sanders had 600 more delegates in Clark on Saturday despite losing the state's most populous county by nearly 10 percentage points.

That is expected to switch two delegates to Sanders, giving Clinton an 18-17 lead in Nevada, but that is still pending the results of the state convention next month when those 12 slots could again change. (Sanders also dominated in Washoe and did well elsewhere.) Ah, the caucus process.

https://www.ralstonreports.com/blog...o-delegates-after-dominating-clark-convention

T'Zariah

Banned
I would guess their appointments to cabinet and regulatory positions would be quite different, which can have a pretty big impact on enforcement of current laws and regulations.

Also, more important for me is what Bernie wouldn't do that Clinton would. I am worried that Hillary would be more likely to pass major entitlement cuts or other right wing legislation to compromise with republicans in ways I don't want. The big thing is foreign policy though. Everything I've read about her, including that recent Atlantic piece on the Obama doctrine, makes her seem a lot more hawkish than Obama. I don't think Bernie is as knowledgeable on the topic, but I do think his ideals seem to line up more with Obama's here.

You can't be a perfect dove and be the POTUS. Foreign policy is incredibly complex and wielding the power that the USA has is an incredible responsibility. Is every decision perfect? No, nor will it ever be.

Can you imagine Sanders sitting across the table with Putin? Xi Jinping? I seriously can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom