• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly it's just time to ignore that subreddit, for as much entertainment it brings it clearly doesn't show the average Bernie supporter at this point, and just the most insane, extreme wing of what ever political movement they think is going on but really isn't.

I agree - like I said, guilty pleasure. I still find amusement in it, but I do have to remind myself that, even within the group of reddit Sanders supporters, it's no longer representatives - it's now been distilled down to the craziest of crazies.

yeah, gop can try to do something but trump will run/be in the news to where having him and hillary the stars of my game should work out well.

Which person or persons in this thread can we trust? I really got to get some opinions on my game from a few folks who are into politics a bit and into games a bit. My family and current friends aren't that and being in china is leaving me sort of paranoid. I have did everything on my own and I am getting a bit of anxiety. Figure kev or someone should be trustworthy but yeah, paranoid lol

Honestly it's just time to ignore that subreddit, for as much entertainment it brings it clearly doesn't show the average Bernie supporter at this point, and just the most insane, extreme wing of what ever political movement they think is going on but really isn't.

Yeah, two months ago, it was something to care about, but now it's just the dead enders. The only posts that get any traction are "Sanders can win as an independent" or "Clinton cheated" posts.

What is different about South Carolina that keeps it red when NC and Georgia go blue? Just more white people?

North Carolina and Georgia have actually brought liberally minded people into the state thanks to various large companies around Atlanta and the Research Triangle in North Carolina. South Carolina basically never moved into the modern age.

Holmes

What is different about South Carolina that keeps it red when NC and Georgia go blue? Just more white people?
More urban centers in Georgia, and the state is experiencing large population growth, primarily from African-Americans and latinos. The percentage of whites in the state is declining.

More urban centers in Georgia, and the state is experiencing large population growth, primarily from African-Americans and latinos. The percentage of whites in the state is declining.

Also, even in the pre-Civil War days, South Carolina was seen as a crazy backwater full of hardcore racists, even by Southern standards. Nullification was born there as a concept, after all.

They're already demoralized. They have barely been phone banking at all this last week, and barely anyone on S4P seems to care anymore. Sanders himself barely even seems to care.

Don't worry Susan Sarandon does!

“I told her don’t go in Iraq — I’m very upset about that,” Sarandon said. “I said, you know, there’s not enough evidence and there’s no exit strategy — everything that everyone was saying — and she went in.”

Sarandon said she could no longer trust Clinton because of her environmental policies.

“Fracking is absolutely the worst thing you could do for the environment,” she said. “She goes behind my back and she’s selling it all over the world.”

Sarandon has thrown her support behind Bernie Sanders, saying the Vermont independent had consistently demonstrated great “moral judgment.”

“If you google his speech, it’s just so clear against the war — at a time, you know, gay rights, before it became easy,” she said. “He’s always there before it becomes simple.”

She suggested Sanders could win the Democratic nomination at a contested convention on the strength of his ideas.

“We’re going to have to have a contested one, and what’s going to happen is that people are going to have to discuss the whole process and the platform, and really listen to people that they’re not normally listening to,” Sarandon said.

The actress has drawn criticism for suggesting she would rather see Donald Trump elected than Hillary Clinton, if Sanders fails to win the Democratic presidential nomination — but she claimed her words were taken out of context.

“Wait a minute — I said some people say (Trump would bring the revolution faster),” Sarandon said. “I’m more afraid of, actually, Hillary Clinton’s war record and her hawkishness than I am of building a wall, but that doesn’t mean that I would vote for Trump.”

She doubted whether Trump could actually win the Republican presidential nomination — let alone the general election.

“Come on, who’s going to vote for Trump, seriously?” Sarandon said, but Colbert reminded her that many Americans would. “A lot of people — but not a lot of women, not a lot of minorities, you know, once you get the information out there. He’s been doing well against a crowded field, but we’ll see what happens.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/04/su...-war-record-than-trumps-wall/comments/#disqus

ampere

Bernie: "Democrats have not made it clear which side they are on in the major issues facing this country"

When will the old man shut up.

Why doesn't he just straight up talk about issues and the importance of DOWNTICKET RACES

Jesus Bernie. You really suck at emphasizing the most overlooked part of elections

How will trump phrase his Lewinsky attacks on Hillary without coming off incredibly sexist? What an idiotic idea. http://hill.cm/qLUaTAg

Trump is going for the record lowest % of female votes received in a general election. He's hoping for sub 5%, gonna try really hard

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
As I previously said, there's nothing more insipid than the empty-as-fuck threat that liberals are gonna go vote for Donald Trump, e.g. this booty as fuck Salon article: "A Liberal Case for Donald Trump."

I'm surprised it took this long for someone to finally lay the smackdown on these fucking horrible "If not Sanders then Trump" arguments. The depths to which people are willing to go just to be salty is absurd. This counter-piece eviscerating it is just great:

Dear Salon, Set Your Dick on Fire and Eat It

I keep thinking back to Trump's campaign when the primaries were just starting. All those stories after Iowa about how he had no ground game, didn't bother with it at all, and brushed away people who tried to tell him how important it was. And it just makes me giddy that maybe he'll make identical mistakes when it comes to the general. It's a different game and I imagine there are a lot of norms that have developed out of necessity which he will ignore. Hopefully to his peril.

This is going to be a really interesting test for how well a candidate can do without serious party organization behind them. I have to imagine Trump is sort of going it alone here. A large amount of the GOP braintrust will likely have no interest in helping him.

hawk2025

Oh My God, that Salon article.

Why did I read it. Just, why do I still do this to myself.

Thank you for posting that skewering to wash away the taste, though.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm surprised it took this long for someone to finally lay the smackdown on these fucking horrible "If not Sanders then Trump" arguments. The depths to which people are willing to go just to be salty is absurd.

http://wonkette.com/601201/dear-salon-set-your-dick-on-fire-and-eat-it#c3RR5oEp7ksmiY3m.99

Basically the reaction I had when I read that gutter filth Salon calls an article, only I yelled and cursed more. How the fuck they actually paid someone to write that utter garbage I will never fucking understand.

Oh My God, that Salon article.

Why did I read it. Just, why do I still do this to myself.

Thank you for posting that skewering to wash away the taste, though.

It gets worse when you realize that Salon paid that person money to write that article.

I'm surprised it took this long for someone to finally lay the smackdown on these fucking horrible "If not Sanders then Trump" arguments. The depths to which people are willing to go just to be salty is absurd.

Dear Salon, Set Your Dick on Fire and Eat It

THERE IS ALREADY AN OPENING ON THE SUPREME COURT YOU FATUOUS TWIT. DID YOU FALL ASLEEP IN JANUARY AND FORGET TO SET YOUR ALARM CLOCK FOR ‘WAKE ME UP IF ANTONIN SCALIA IS MURDERED BY BARACK OBAMA IN HIS BED’?

Give this writer a Pulitzer!

fantomena

When will the old man shut up.

Why doesn't he just straight up talk about issues and the importance of DOWNTICKET RACES

Jesus Bernie. You really suck at emphasizing the most overlooked part of elections

I don't see the problem with it.

And he will not shut up since he has every right not to.

Hindl

Because Bernie will never get the change he wants without downticket elections. For all the talk of Hillary's issues, Bernie's entire platform is actual fraud if he fails to communicate the importance of downticket. He's basically ensuring that he will be forgotten about in 5 years. I'll say it again. Bernie Sanders is a fraud. He's not a bad guy, he means well, but he's a fraud

Teggy

CNN is covering protestors at the CA Republican convention where Trump is speaking. They rushed the building and tried to get in.

edit: actually, not speaking yet, they are following his motorcade on its way there. Which is pretty ridiculous.

1) He's not going to be the nominee

2) It's a two party system, and that's not changing today, tomorrow, next week or before November.

3) "His" Party is the only party that isn't completely fucking insane and dangerous

4) It's time to shift focus and start working towards defeating the GOP everywhere, not saying empty speeches and substanceless rhetoric against the Democratic party.

fantomena

Because Bernie will never get the change he wants without downticket elections. For all the talk of Hillary's issues, Bernie's entire platform is actual fraud if he fails to communicate the importance of downticket. He's basically ensuring that he will be forgotten about in 5 years. I'll say it again. Bernie Sanders is a fraud. He's not a bad guy, he means well, but he's a fraud

So because you think he's a fraud he should shut up and eat what Hillary and the DNC gives him?

1) He's not going to be the nominee

2) It's a two party system, and that's not changing today, tomorrow, next week or before November.

3) "His" Party is the only party that isn't completely fucking insane and dangerous

4) It's time to shift focus and start working towards defeating the GOP everywhere, not saying empty speeches about the Democratic party.

1) I know, never said he would be.
2) I know, doesn't mean he should shut up.
3) Well, I would personally say that the green party seems way better than the democratic one, but between the Democrats and the GOP I agreed.
4) Or he can both do speeches and attack the GOP?

he has the right?

If this is your counter argument, then you have no argument.

He lost and is continuing to sprout basic lies because he wants to attempt to go into the convention with a more rabid base and try to blackmail the party with "get my way or I don't endorse Clinton" or some shit.

Fuck. Him.

Hindl

So because you think he's a fraud he should shut up and eat what Hillary and the DNC gives him?

No he should focus and talk about what's actually going to bring about the change he wants to see. The shit he's talking about now isn't going to change anything, and he's basically nursing his ego instead of trying to actually do anything. Put up or shut up

fantomena

he has the right?

If this is your counter argument, then you have no argument.

He lost and is continuing to sprout basic lies because he wants to attempt to go into the convention with a more rabid base and try to blackmail the party with "get my way or I don't endorse Clinton" or some shit.

Fuck. Him.

I never said it was my argument in any way.

What lies?

Fuck. Hillary.

you think telling him to fuck off is any better?

itschris

BernieIs45:

Bernie Sanders is leading 50.4-49.6% based on the unweighted average of all 34 caucuses and primaries. Let’s accept the reasonable premise that the primaries have been fraudulent and Sanders won in MO, MA, AZ, OH,IL, IA, and NV. Electoral votes are directly proportional to state voting population. Clinton has won 11 RED states with 160 EV. Sanders won the other 23 states with 188 EV

1) I know, never said he would be.
2) I know, doesn't mean he should shut up.
3) Well, I would personally say that the green party seems way better than the democratic one, but between the Demcorats and the GOP I agreed.
4) Or he can both do speeches and attack the GOP?

LOL the Green Party is a fucking joke, Jill Stein is horrible.

Attacking the Democratic party with empty bullshit rhetoric like they don't know what side of the issues they're on (which is fucking horseshit) accomplishes nothing, absolutely nothing. It'll just encourage more people ti disengage and say both parties are the same. Ironically this line of empty attack will just encourage more young people to not vote.

If Sanders continues down this path he won't change the party but he'll certainly help it have a more difficult time winning the election both upticket and downticket.

I never said it was my argument in any way.

What lies?

Fuck. Hillary.

you think telling him to fuck off is any better?

He's actively trying to split the party because under his perfect progressive utopia the democrats don't have 100/100 checkmarks after he has all but lost the primary in a very decisive way.

Time to shut the fuck up or join in the game to make sure dems can capture as many down ticket candidates as possible to make progressive ideas more easy to capture in the next four years.

Also Green Party is a fucking joke and is near Tea Party level of anti-science bullshit that nobody ever wants to talk about.

GutsOfThor

I know he is getting crapped on

Don't read the Facebook comments. Just saw this gem:

Same could be said about Trump, who in many ways is more progressive than Hillary, so changing the Republican party from the inside should also be a viable solution.

This is why I'm worried about the General. How many people are there out there that believe this bullshit? Trump more progressive than Hillary!? Jesus fucking christ....

ampere

It's called picking your battles.

Say I tell you that I'm building a new skyscraper and there's nothing you can do about it, but you have the power to argue for what shops should be on the bottom floor. The skyscraper is the DNC nomination, the shops on the bottom floor are the downticket races. Bernie COULD have an impact on those important races, or he could spew his childish shit over and over about implying that Hillary is evil.

I mean, the choice is his! But he's making the wrong choice. He's fighting the dems when he should be fighting the GoP.

fantomena

LOL the Green Party is a fucking joke, Jill Stein is horrible.

What's horrible about it? Generally curious. And what's horrible about Jill Stein? Im hearing about anti GMO and some stuff about anti vaccines.

In the view of foreign politics, the Democratic party has been aboslutely shit at it with all the drone attacks Obama has done.

Don't get me wrong, I love Obama and a lot he has done, but parts of his foreign politics is pure shit imo.

No Green Party please. I like having a health care system that includes vaccination - I can't imagine having health care reform that travels alongside being willing to remove the #1 most important preventative health measure in the history of mankind.

ampere

This is why I'm worried about the General. How many people are there out there that believe this bullshit? Trump more progressive than Hillary!? Jesus fucking christ....

99% chance a white male wrote that. You don't need to be so worried, that is the only demographic Trump has a chance at winning and you can't become president that way anymore.

Man the fucking knots people twist themselves into to make themselves believe President Trump wouldn't be such a bad thing.

That guy seriously brought up "Well there might be Supreme Court vacancies" as an argument AGAINST Hilly?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What's horrible about it? Generally curious. And what's horrible about Jill Stein? Im hearing about anti GMO and some stuff about anti vaccines.

They also push that natural medicine crap and Jill Stein thinks nuclear power plants are the same thing as nuclear bombs. Not only that but their organization is utterly moronic and wouldn't know how it influence the system if Madison himself came down and explained how Congress worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom