• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivysaur12

Banned
A Huma profile in Newsweek:

http://www.newsweek.com/2016/05/06/huma-abedin-hillary-clinton-anthony-weiner-453204.html

lol what

Abedin took her duties so seriously, the source recalled, that when she learned that Clinton had once carried her own bag up a flight of stairs in her aide’s absence, Abedin nearly burst into tears.

also lol

Some insiders think the glam mystique is a joke. “She wasn't that interesting a person,” says a Clinton confidante who refused to be named because of her proximity to the candidate. “She has been turned into myth.”

ha

Even aspiring first husband Bill has reportedly complained that he cannot get past Abedin.

Clefargle

maxresdefault.jpg

Lol

Maledict

Tons of companies would be down for that. Fire extinguishers, aloe vera, band-aids, airhorns. Any company that sells these should have billboards and banners all over the place.

1) Eh, I don't know how much anyone will stand up to the military, for several reasons. As an aside, Bernie sends tons of military stuff to VT, so it's not like he's an angel on this. The main thing is that not only is the military super favorable here, but we also do a lot of heavy lifting overseas for other nations. We're one of like 3 nations (I think Greece and maybe Spain are the other 2?) who fulfill our NATO budget support. A lot of countries would need some more assurances from us diplomatically if we start reducing our military in any way.

2) Likability isn't a great metric. Dubya was considered to be incredibly likable, and look how that turned out. Several good presidents weren't likable at all.

The UK is the other major NATO nation that fulfills its budget requirement. USA, Greece and the UK are the only three I think.

CCS

Banned
The UK is the other major NATO nation that fulfills its budget requirement. USA, Greece and the UK are the only three I think.

Turkey does too, and they have the second biggest army in NATO after the US (although not necessarily the second best...)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
SUSA also has (North Carolina):

Hillary: 49
Trump: 37

Hillary: 46
Cruz: 40

Burr: 37
Ross: 35 (CLOSEST POLL YET)

Cooper: 46
McCory: 36

EDIT: Their last poll on 3/9 had:

Hillary: +7 to Trump
Cruz: +4 to Hillary
Burr: +7
McCrory: +2

Cruz has plummeted. Excellent.

It would also be amusing given the Bernie camp criticized Hillary for being popular in the South which is completely meaningless because apparently it's 100% red, no exceptions, in the general elections.
Yup. Can't imagine any of them will remember that talk in November though.

I mean in a good election FL and VA will go to the Democrats, in a great one NC. If Georgia is on the table? Sheeit.

Incidentally, just looking at former confederate states (not counting KY, MO and AZ) if Hilly won those four and Mississippi the Democrats and the Republicans will split the electoral votes from that region almost evenly, 79-81.

Noam Chomsky thinking that replacing everyone health care plan and destroying the American health insurance industry and while raising taxes a large amount isn't "radical" because Truman considered a similar plan with less baggage in the 40s is some weird shit. Chomsky can only think Bernie's health care plan isn't radical if he's just bullshitting.

A private health insurance industry can actually exist alongside a public healthcare system. It does here.
It does here. I'm not sure why anybody wants to destroy a private health insurance industry as a goal rather than a side effect, beyond ideologically-driven dislike of industry in general.

East Lake

Noam Chomsky thinking that replacing everyone health care plan and destroying the American health insurance industry and while raising taxes a large amount isn't "radical" because Truman considered a similar plan with less baggage in the 40s is some weird shit. Chomsky can only think Bernie's health care plan isn't radical if he's just bullshitting.
Seems like a pretty accurate judgment tbh. Sort of like for some people Obamacare was a radical government takeover in comparison to romneycare.

A private health insurance industry can actually exist alongside a public healthcare system. It does here.
It does here. I'm not sure why anybody wants to destroy a private health insurance industry as a goal rather than a side effect, beyond ideologically-driven dislike of industry in general.
Incorrect.

The vast majority of people who can use Medicare use Medicare, so there is no market penetration happening. This is because Medicare is such a vastly better program than private health insurance.

Public health insurance should definitely not coexist with private health insurance. This is for a couple of reasons. The first is that health insurance benefits from scale due to risk pooling. It is in the public interest to make the public option as efficient and cheap as possible, and the government is also uniquely positioned to impose membership in the program, so it should take advantage of the latter to achieve the former. The second is that a huge advantage of single payer systems is the simplification of the excessive management overhead required on the parts of both health care providers and insurance agency to handle so any insurance options. If a public option still exists, then the hospitals have added yet another insurance to worry about and savings are not utilized.

It's either all private like Netherlands or single payer. Choosing a hybrid is ineffectual.

Jenov

Interesting.

Here is a link to the statements of the Sanders campaign and of the DNC. On mobile so not inlining. And they're pictures anyway.

https://twitter.com/gdebenedetti/status/726147230827208704

Wow. That's just sad. Who the heck are they letting write up these things on Bernie's side? It's like an angsty 19 year old trying their hardest to own someone while staying far away from any responsibility.

@gdebenedetti Bernie is saying "DNC failures allowed" his employees to cheat & steal data? So if my door is open will Bernie steal my TV?
hahah

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Want to know another big scary thing that moving the US to single payer would do? It'd be the biggest mass layoff in years. That's another reason why even liberals are scared to push too hard for it, the giant paper trail caused by our current system employs a lot of people who would be made redundant overnight.

The Australian healthcare system is operating okay, having traversed several iterations prior to arriving at the current configuration.
Come to think of it, I can't think of any country that bans private insurance besides Canada. In the UK and France you can have private insurance if you choose.

I had no idea Huma was Weiner's wife. Wow.
Hillary and Bill were behind the marriage. Weiner was sure to hit big: Congressman -> Senator -> Governor and maybe who knows, a presidential contender.

Of course it all blew up and Huma has to live in shame and shadow of the guy's dick pics all over the internet. And she stuck around because they had a kid. I feel bad for her.

Want to know another big scary thing that moving the US to single payer would do? It'd be the biggest mass layoff in years. That's another reason why even liberals are scared to push too hard for it, the giant paper trail caused by our current system employs a lot of people who would be made redundant overnight.
State by state transition.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

A lot of people don't think about that, it's a hard thing to grapple with. It's why I went from supporting single payer to wanting a multi-payer system with extensive pricing controls.

State by state transition.

Unless you want each state to run it's own health insurance system that's still going to be a lot of people out of work. Why do that when we can transfer over to something like Germany has that wouldn't put so many people out of work and still accomplish the goal of universal coverage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom