• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Wow. That's just sad. Who the heck are they letting write up these things on Bernie's side? It's like an angsty 19 year old trying their hardest to own someone while staying far away from any responsibility.

Maybe it was written by angsty 19 year old. ;)

The only major media coverage he will get at this point will be from stupid decisions and mistakes, and his concession and endorsement. I expect him to use the later to push his message, as he should. But he really needs to back off the Democratic Party is corrupt bullshit. It's a line of thinking that needs evidence, and he has none. Just look at the GOP move to reverse the broker rule change. 100% of the Dems against it.

The only fear in the first debate is Trump does some chameleon and comes off as presidential and Hillary flubs.

If Hillary can't flatten Trump in a debate I am not too confident about how good of a President she'll be in all honestly.

There were a million reasons why she needed to hold back on sanders and just take most of the punches and move on.

She needs to ether this guy.

I just read that press release. I guess the campaign is bound to try and spin but just lol.

We never "stole" any ""data"" and if we did well that's on you and your planted data director. Whatever independent audit. Here are some claims that can't be concluded.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Rachel is talking about DC MADAM again!!

Justice Thomas accepted the guy's appeal and the court may hear it!!!

Oh lord, please let all my dreams come true. Let Ted Cruz's name be on that list and let it be released so that he might die the political death he so richly deserves.

I just read that press release. I guess the campaign is bound to try and spin but just lol.

We never "stole" any ""data"" and if we did well that's on you and your planted data director. Whatever independent audit. Here are some claims that can't be concluded.

Seriously.

And then dropping the suit because they know they'd lose but spinning it like they're doing the DNC a solid.

ampere

Want to know another big scary thing that moving the US to single payer would do? It'd be the biggest mass layoff in years. That's another reason why even liberals are scared to push too hard for it, the giant paper trail caused by our current system employs a lot of people who would be made redundant overnight.

It's similar to saying "we stop all fracking tomorrow". You can't just shut down an entire industry like that, even if the long term goal is to eliminate it.

My aunt works in insurance and she's said before that single payer in the US is like snake oil. There's no way it could work so the people selling it are either liars or ignorant.

Hillary and Bill were behind the marriage. Weiner was sure to hit big: Congressman -> Senator -> Governor and maybe who knows, a presidential contender.

Of course it all blew up and Huma has to live in shame and shadow of the guy's dick pics all over the internet. And she stuck around because they had a kid. I feel bad for her.

Weiner sucks so much. Dude was in a great position with a future, but... gotta send dick picks I guess! I feel bad for Huma too.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Hillary_Woman_Card.JPG

I think I found a new avatar for Neo

Closer to coronation I've got my avy right there.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
so I was wondering what do the Clintons look like when they take off the gloves? Like what are some things the infamous so called 'Clinton Machine' has done?

GnawtyDog

Banned
Want to know another big scary thing that moving the US to single payer would do? It'd be the biggest mass layoff in years. That's another reason why even liberals are scared to push too hard for it, the giant paper trail caused by our current system employs a lot of people who would be made redundant overnight.

Reform is not easy. Our current system is a cancer - like cancers that can be treated and successfully cured...it ain't easy.

It's similar to saying "we stop all fracking tomorrow". You can't just shut down an entire industry like that, even if the long term goal is to eliminate it.

My aunt works in insurance and she's said before that single payer in the US is like snake oil. There's no way it could work so the people selling it are either liars or ignorant.

Weiner sucks so much. Dude was in a great position with a future, but... gotta send dick picks I guess! I feel bad for Huma too.
Yeah god it's just like... Man if you're a politician with any sort of national notoriety you should just know not to do certain things. Sending dick pics certainly classifies.

There should be a class on this sort of thing.

Bowdz

Yeah god it's just like... Man if you're a politician with any sort of national notoriety you should just know not to do certain things. Sending dick pics certainly classifies.

There should be a class on this sort of thing.

That's the problem for a lot of high profile people though. When they start out, they know not to do shit like that, but as they gain notoriety and success, they start buying into their own shit and some just think they can always get away with shady shit because they always have.

Hillary and Bill were behind the marriage. Weiner was sure to hit big: Congressman -> Senator -> Governor and maybe who knows, a presidential contender.

Of course it all blew up and Huma has to live in shame and shadow of the guy's dick pics all over the internet. And she stuck around because they had a kid. I feel bad for her.

Yeah Anthony Weiner was going to be a fucking superstar. Bernie with more charisma and party credibility.

I loved that man.

Fucking horny idiot

HylianTom

Banned
so I was wondering what do the Clintons look like when they take off the gloves? Like what are some things the infamous so called 'Clinton Machine' has done?

Aside from the Clintons, I'm giddy to see Obama on the campaign trail again. He knows his legacy is on the line. As a former constitutional law professor, he's keenly aware of the stakes.

Very few people currently alive have ever seen a two-term president actively campaign for his chosen successor.
- Dubya? Widely unpopular.
- Slick Willy? Sat on the sidelines.
- Reagan? Too infirm.
- Nixon? Nope.
- Eisenhower? Largely abstained, campaigned at the last minute.

Like a nominating convention where the outcome is in question, Obama's involvement could be a once-or-twice-per-lifetime thing. This is going to be a real treat.

There's more than one way to skin a cat.
But all the ways are gross anyway. And some of them would be way more messy, and the skin would be tattered. So whatever reason you want to skin the cat for, which I can't understand anyway, you probably wouldn't achieve it.

A lot of people don't think about that, it's a hard thing to grapple with. It's why I went from supporting single payer to wanting a multi-payer system with extensive pricing controls.

Unless you want each state to run it's own health insurance system that's still going to be a lot of people out of work. Why do that when we can transfer over to something like Germany has that wouldn't put so many people out of work and still accomplish the goal of universal coverage?
If millions of people are employed in an industry that doesn't need to exist, we should lay EVERYONE off! What economic waste!

I guess since it's been brought up again. Fracking, shale oil and gas. Reduced US reliance on major oil exporters, reduction in oil prices. Pathway towards energy independence.

Generally people only seem to talk about the local effects, the environmental effects.

I'm curious what people's views are on the impact that it has had and will have going forward more on geopolitics.

Also, I'm late to this argument, but people were talking about the anti-science positions that exist on both wings of America politics. While I'll agree that there is a big segment of the left that is anti-GMO, anti-nuclear, and anti-vaccine, I don't really think it's accurate to call anti-vaxx a "left" position. Anti-vaxx is bipartisan stupidity. Conservatives and liberals seem to be equally drawn to it.

I mean, a few politicians this election have made statements that were at least hinting at a soft anti-vaxx stance, and guess which party they were from.

Makai

I guess since it's been brought up again. Fracking, shale oil and gas. Reduced US reliance on major oil exporters, reduction in oil prices. Pathway towards energy independence.

Generally people only seem to talk about the local effects, the environmental effects.

I'm curious what people's views are on the impact that it has had and will have going forward more on geopolitics.
Stratfor thinks Russia's going to collapse within 10 years, splitting into several informal states. Minimal oversight of loose nukes.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Stratfor thinks Russia's going to collapse within 10 years, splitting into several informal states. Minimal oversight of loose nukes.

That's scary as shit you know, "minimal oversight of loose nukes" is not a phrase that instills confidence.

Also, I'm late to this argument, but people were talking about the anti-science positions that exist on both wings of America politics. While I'll agree that there is a big segment of the left that is anti-GMO, anti-nuclear, and anti-vaccine, I don't really think it's accurate to call anti-vaxx a "left" position. Anti-vaxx is bipartisan stupidity. Conservatives and liberals seem to be equally drawn to it.

I mean, a few politicians this election have made statements that were at least hinting at a soft anti-vaxx stance, and guess which party they were from.

Yeah, Trump is about to lead the Republican party and he flat out stated he believes vaccines cause autism. If this was an issue that Republicans thought people cared about in a pro-vaccine manner, they would have killed Trump over it. But no one has attacked him on it except Pataki I think.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

It's a legit worry. You can't base your entire economy on a single nature resource, especially one that is going to be reduced in use due to having no choice, and one that is finite. Dubai is attempting to turn themselves into some type of tourist destination, but honestly I think it will fail.

The economic ramifications of oil demand dropping due to his not burning it could be severe for many countries.

Just look at this list of dependance:
http://www.theglobaleconomy.com/rankings/Oil_revenue/

Some countries are basically wholly dependant on it, and some places like Saudi Arabia have nothing else to really offer. Russia technically, based on GDP has the ability to survive, but I don't think they will end up taking the steps needed.
Those steps being capturing a good chunk of the net revenue from oil extracted from the country and investing it in areas where they would be able to produce output elsewhere.

Vaccines are a fun one. Big Corporations are producing something that generates commercial gain but also benefits the public good. Big Guberment enforces the use of these products for public health.

So both extremes distrust them.

This is true - it's fascinating because it occurs at both extremes:

The far Left opposes it because they see it as another example of a corporate influence in their lives.
The far Right opposes it because they see it as another example of governmental influence in their lives.

I used to have a pretty good list of articles examining the question - I'll try to see if I can find it. However, I recall a fair summary was that the proportion is pretty evenly distributed between both camps.

This is also a recurring theme. Common Core is another example where the government/corporate distaste becomes the primary motivating factor depending on the starting ideology, and the more mundane pros/cons get lost somewhere in the ideological rhetoric.

hawk2025

In keeping with my personal crusade:

The slandering of the Clinton Foundation has been one of the most terrible, vile, and impractical aspects of the past year or so of campaigning from both sides, in my opinion.

Here's factcheck.org on what the foundation actually looks like financially, and why claims that it only actually forwards 6% of its income as charity are preposterous:

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/06/where-does-clinton-foundation-money-go/

Choice quotes:

Another philanthropy watchdog, CharityWatch, a project of the American Institute of Philanthropy, gave the Clinton Foundation an “A” rating.

We looked at the consolidated financial statements (see page 4) and calculated that in 2013, 88.3 percent of spending was designated as going toward program services — $196.6 million out of $222.6 million in reported expenses.

They are a relatively lean, effective foundation that has been used as a political football and smeared for no good reason other than very loose implications that money donated to it was being used to buy favors, with no solid evidence whatsoever for it.

Worst, many of these attacks came from the left -- the very same people that keep screaming that the Clintons don't do anything for the environment.

It's a tricky political landmine. Unfortunately, politicians don't have much to gain by being "pro-vaccine" - most people will simply say "well, duh, no shit, I would hope so" and go about their business. However, they have a lot to lose by straight up engaging the fanatics and calling them out about their bullshit - it's all alienation and not much return on investment for time and energy.

It's a sad state of affairs, but the science platitude is the smartest move in the political environment: "Not saying vaccines are bad, but more research is always needed" (see Obama 2008), even though anyone familiar with the epidemiological evidence is aware the current state of the research is terminal - vaccines do not cause autism, period.

Not after Carlos Danger. If it hadn't been for that he could have come back. Man's got no one to blame but himself.

Why would you even think about straying if you've got Huma at home? The man is an idiot.

Maybe Hillary can just pick him as VP and hope that Trump overshadows Carlos Danger.

After everything that has gone on the Republican side, dems should be able to inject some crazy. Pls.

Why do sex scandals seemingly only knock out charismatic democrats but republicans some how sneak out of them.
David Vitter?

He was lucky that his next election was for Senate in a midterm year. He took that as a sign that the people "forgave" him when he ran for governor and got his ass handed to him in a deep red state.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Maybe Hillary can just pick him as VP and hope that Trump overshadows Carlos Danger.

After everything that has gone on the Republican side, dems should be able to inject some crazy. Pls.

Nah, he's dead as a doornail politically. He had his second chance and he blew it big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom