• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

ampere

Huelen, next time you want to write a pro-Trump post or pro-Sanders post, or any kind of post, open up Microsoft Word, type it there, then exit the program and don't save it.

Damn, my room got HOT all of a sudden! This burn

Reminds me of Creed on The Office lol

wH4b0U7.jpg

NeoXChaos

heres what Harry thinks about Trump Vs Clinton in relation to past parallel senate and GOV races. read from descending order:
Harry Enten ‏@ForecasterEnten 2h2 hours ago
.@trenchman003 Here's one where a unpopular R beat an unpopular D: 2014 FL Gov.

Harry Enten ‏@ForecasterEnten 3h3 hours ago
A few others that were mentioned include 2010 IL Gov, 2012 MO Sen, and 2013 VA Gov...

Two races come to mind in thinking about this year's general if it is Clinton/Trump. 1991 LA Gov and 2010 NV Sen. Who has others?

That changes in the general where he'll have a far larger core group of people who hate him. I stress though that he still can win. (2/2)

One of the big advantages Trump had in the primary was that in a multi-candidate field he had a core group of folks that loved him. (1/2)

He'll have to convince those who currently have a VERY unfavorable rating of him right now in order to win in the fall.

Now favorable ratings CAN change. But for Trump to win, he'll have to convince some who don't just have an unfavorable view of him (1/?).

However in a race to who is more strongly disliked: Clinton's averaged a 37.3% VERY unfavorable this month. Trump far higher at 53%.

Clinton isn't exactly popular. In fact, quite unpopular. I don't remember the last poll that had positive rating greater than her negative.

In reply to Nick Riccardi
.@nickriccardi Clinton's VERY unfavorable rating has never topped 50% to my knowledge. Most recent IBD/TIPP has it at 40%.

If Trump wins a general election given his very unfavorable rating is over 50% in every poll, it would be one heck of a performance.

Sianos

Probably not enough to beat Hillary, but his numbers should improve big time because he had to exploit voters in the primary.

Problem is, his exploitation of the desires of the Republican electorate drew quite a lot of attention - which enabled him to (almost certainly) win the nomination, but will also be his downfall because his massive name recognition means everyone knows about his many, many antics. Additionally, just pretending to be a racist is indistinguishable to the observer from actually being a racist.

I can see his numbers somewhat improving just by virtue of being The Republican, but I also expect Hillary's numbers to improve as she shifts to the offensive and can take off the kid gloves for the general election.

Jan Brewer @GovBrewer

My name was "mysteriously" removed off @realDonaldTrump online ballot. Today's electronic vote full of glitches and errors. Cheated today!

Jan Brewer @GovBrewer

I've been elected to 5 straight National Conventions. Today, I got cheated. @realDonaldTrump got cheated at AZ Convention. Shameful!!!

A 4 points swing nationally would mean, on average, a 2.52 swing in Mississippi.

In this case, Indiana would be:

Indiana: 47.89/50.17

And for fun:

Montana: 46.18/50.87

EDIT: A 4.5 point swing would also not give you Georgia.
What if you based it on 2008? Obama competed in a lot more states that year. I believe his drop-off in states like Missouri, Indiana, Montana etc. that he either won or came close to winning is entirely due to his 2012 campaign sticking to Obama 08 states minus Indiana.

ivysaur12

Banned
What if you based it on 2008? Obama competed in a lot more states that year. I believe his drop-off in states like Missouri, Indiana, Montana etc. that he either won or came close to winning is entirely due to his 2012 campaign sticking to Obama 08 states minus Indiana.

She'd win Indiana because Obama won Indiana in 08. And she'd win Missouri. Need to check on the others including North Dakota.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
From Larry Sabato:

ChVAy9TWIAE0Niq.jpg:large

Not sure how Hilldawg wins NC though. Even Obummer lost in 2012.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
From Larry Sabato:

ChVAy9TWIAE0Niq.jpg:large

This is almost too much to hope for.

I know exactly how November will go, barring anything unexpected happening, but it still scares the fuck out of me. The fact that one day can decide the fates of so many people is just insane. I wouldn't be so afraid if the GOP hadn't gone off the deep end, but their insanity have really raised the stakes.

“When the Hastert scandal broke it was the first thought in my mind,” Miller said. “Was that the reason he acted the way he did during the whole Foley scandal?”

Burdge said the Foley scandal convinced her that she had to come forward. She wrote letters to an advocacy group for victims of priest sex abuse, a prominent defense attorney who had tried several sex abuse cases, ABC News and Oprah Winfrey’s media company. She told all of them that she knew why Hastert hadn’t delved more deeply into complaints about Foley.

Only, Burdge was afraid to allow the news organizations to use her name, and she did not want to take on someone of Hastert’s caliber without support. “I didn’t know what could happen to me,” she said. “I didn’t know if I had any rights.”

Unable to quote her by name, the news organizations balked. Asked why ABC did not air Burdge’s claim at the time, spokeswoman Caragh Fisher referred to a story the network published in June, saying it could not corroborate Burdge’s story and that Hastert denied her claim. The Associated Press also reported in June that it had contacted Burdge after receiving a tip, but Burdge would not go on the record. A spokeswoman for the Oprah Winfrey Network did not return a request for comment.

ABC refusing to look into the fact the third most important member of the United States government was a serial child rapist says strong things about how much they care about stuff other than ballwashing government officials and how much they cared about children getting raped (almost none).

http://www.rollcall.com/news/policy/the-biggest-secret

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
This is almost too much to hope for.

I know exactly how November will go, barring anything unexpected happening, but it still scares the fuck out of me. The fact that one day can decide the fates of so many people is just insane. I wouldn't be so afraid if the GOP hadn't gone off the deep end, but their insanity have really raised the stakes.

Yeah, normally I wouldn't really worry about what would (and should) be a one sided massacre, but the wrinkle this time is that unlike in 2012, we'll have 14 states that'll have implemented Voter ID since then. These include Ohio, Virginia, Florida and Wisconsin. He gets those states and it's game over.

Tubie

I can't wait to see Obama in full campaign mode for Hillary.

Diamond Joe will also be an amazing surrogate for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom