• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, you guys can't ever give him a break, can you? Of all the things, this?

Tuxedos are lame. Bernie is right about this. But he just sounds so lame defending his position. Just be like "I don't wear tuxedos, I've never worn a tuxedo, I might make an exception, if appropriate. Next question"

the revolution is ending soon.
We won guys! Revolution successful let's go grab some kombucha / IPAs to celebrate.

Someone made a good point on Twitter, I think EsotericCD. Establishment will not reward the Cruz convention strategy to make sure nobody tries it in the future.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Funnily enough I can't get too upset about that Bernie comment. Maybe its just in context of all of the other stuff he's said that's made it angry, but on the list of "reasons Bernie might actually not be very good in office" that's fairly low down for me

Bernie's inability to handle the ex-officio duties doesn't bother me that much - I'm not expecting much from Clinton in that role either, to be honest. I think people are just lamenting that we might not get another Obama any time soon - someone with that perfect combination of charm and talent is very rare.

Bernie's slowing fundraising definitely makes his recent moves make sense. New York was not cheap.

Also I don't care what he said about the stupid dinner.

Trancos

Weaver: 'Sanders’ APRIL donations far exceeded Hillary for America’s $21 million in MARCH.'

OMG LOL The art of the spin.

'If you compare this month with our competitors 2nd worst month for no reason at all, we are totally winning' 'Apples always beat oranges'

FsU6ThUh.jpg

Gotchaye

I wasn't very impressed with the WHCD. Obama was okay. Not nearly as interestingly aggressive as he's been in the past. Mostly just really easy shots at the press or Republicans without much substance. Wilmore seemed to want to do something like what Colbert did - he certainly wasn't interested in appealing to the audience that was there - but he just wasn't very funny. The Wolf Blitzer bit stands out as falling especially flat. Nobody has any idea if Blitzer does or does not do a good job asking follow-up questions. The take-away is just that Wilmore does not like Wolf Blitzer.

Holmes

If Brown resigns now, wouldn't it trigger a special election in November for his seat? Or is it too close to November for that to happen? That would be the best shot to keep it if Hillary were to chose Brown as VP.

NeoXChaos

Looks increasingly likely Plinko can stop worrying about Cruz and celebrate the reality of Trump as the nominee.

Joyous and yet frighting times coming for the fall.

If you think BernieGAF vs HillaryGAF was nasty wait for TrumpGAF vs HillaryGAF. Its going to be a barn burner.

So crazy. Indiana should've been an easy win for Cruz and Sanders. Maybe Bernie still pulls it off, but the Cruz campaign messed up so much this past week for the supposed "disciplined" campaign. Sad!
Dunno. Indiana seems like the perfect state for Trump's white resentment politics.

Bernie's inability to handle the ex-officio duties doesn't bother me that much - I'm not expecting much from Clinton in that role either, to be honest. I think people are just lamenting that we might not get another Obama any time soon - someone with that perfect combination of charm and talent is very rare.

Yeah, I don't see Hillary being such a joke and charm factory as Obama, unfortunately.

For as much as I like her for her work and ideas, I really dislike that she's basically running politician.exe 24/7. Mind you, I can't even blame her for it. Being a politician is hard enough, and I think it's fair to say that she's had to endure twice as much scrutinizing for every move, gesture and word she utters than any other politician in the game.

But deep down inside, there still has to be a human, with a sense of humor and some spontaneity. On rare occasions it shines through. Sometimes you can see genuine enthusiasm or laughter from her. Like in this clip. I love stuff like this, but once again, she gets criticized to hell and back for moments like this, so it's no wonder that she tries to keep them to a minimum.

I do hope that if she were to be president, we get to have a great "IDGAF" phase at the end of her term.

hawk2025

I'm infinitely more certain that Hillary will bomb the hell out of these dinners regarding jokes than Bernie ever wearing a tux or not.

She was not made for this stuff.

At the same time, when Obama dropped the mic last night all I could think was that I really will miss him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom