• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFatOne

Finally had the chance to watch Larry Wilmore at the White House correspondence dinner. The man was a savage. That line when he whispers there are no black people in Vermont had me dying.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Is Indiana a winner take all state for Republican delegates?

Finally had the chance to watch Larry Wilmore at the White House correspondence dinner. The man was a savage. That line when he whispers there are no black people in Vermont had me dying.

I didn't like that line. Sanders ain't a racist.

The cost of the national school lunch program to the federal budget was a little more than half of 1% in 2014.

I never had a packed lunch, guess no one cared about me and I have no soul

She should have gone to shake their hands, then yanked her hand back real quick at the last second and yelled "Syke!"

Or maybe had a prank buzzer in her hand or some shit. That's what a real leader would do.

Trump would just have them killed.

The cost of the national school lunch program to the federal budget was a little more than half of 1% in 2014.

I never had a packed lunch, guess no one cared about me and I have no soul

But that's so much money that could be returned to your pocket.

In 2014 the total expenditures of the federal budget were 3.5 trillion. In 2014 the cost of the program was 16 billion. So, actually a little less than half of 1%

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Jokes are supposed to be based on stereotypes. It's fine to make fun of Bernie for tons of things, but that line feeds into a narrative that he doesn't deserve.

It could feed into a narrative that he's trying to appeal to black voters who want gun control.

danm999

Jokes are supposed to be based on stereotypes. It's fine to make fun of Bernie for tons of things, but that line feeds into a narrative that he doesn't deserve.

Jokes aren't really supposed to be anything, except funny I guess but even that's going to be subjective.

I feel like the fact that Paul Ryan voted a child rapist to be Speaker of the House on several occasions and now Ryan wants to take away your child's lunch could be used pretty well if a Democrat would bother to try against Ryan.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like the fact that Paul Ryan voted a child rapist to be Speaker of the House on several occasions and now Ryan wants to take away your child's lunch could be used pretty well if a Democrat would bother to try against Ryan.
Eh. Did he know he was a rapist then? There are plenty of legitimate things to shot on Ryan for. Not knowing someone was a child predator is not one of them.

Kite

Some dude just put up a bunch of Bernie signs at the mall five days after the primary ended
I'm not surprised, a coworker sent out a mass message to go vote for Bernie.. the day after the Texas Dem primary ended. I know she didn't vote and now I know she doesn't follow the news.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Jesus Christ.
Just make school food free for everyone. Students, teachers, staff. volunteers.

I grew up in a low income school district and I didn't even know public school students actually paid for lunch until I moved temporarily to Ohio my junior year. I was legit stunned that you had to pay money for school lunch.

Goodstyle

euHfi7.gif

Cruz is falling apart and it couldn't happen to a better person

Like every time I write something about the guy I have the urge to write fuck Ted

Cruz should have been the first Gater candidate. A socially awkward nerd with a deep hatred of women and who is such an asshole that he has no friends. But Trump stole that demo from him too. Sad!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Eh. Did he know he was a rapist then? There are plenty of legitimate things to shot on Ryan for. Not knowing someone was a child predator is not one of them.

Sure, but then he went on to sign that letter along with 39 other Republicans that said hey, we all make mistakes, so who are we to judge.

Their faces make this even better.

royalan

That gif...

I'm uncomfortable. Like I'm witnessing something I shouldn't be seeing.

Something that should only happen behind closed doors.

Could somebody help me

How do normal people skip songs that they are bored of? You know, without tediously pulling their phone out of their pocket, unlocking it and manually pressing next in their mp3 player? Surely there must be some simple way that this is done that everyone but me knows about instead of having to hack every android phone i buy to make volume buttons skip the track when held for 2 seconds.

Yeah rasta but i have headphones that hook onto the tops of my ears because earbuds never stay in and they dont have buttons.
I read somewhere that you can loop earbuds over the top of your ears instead of underneath and gravity will keep it in your ear but ive never tested this.

Could somebody help me

How do normal people skip songs that they are bored of? You know, without tediously pulling their phone out of their pocket, unlocking it and manually pressing next in their mp3 player? Surely there must be some simple way that this is done that everyone but me knows about instead of having to hack every android phone i buy to make volume buttons skip the track when held for 2 seconds.
My earphones have a middle button on the rocker that I can double click to skip. Android earphones should also exist.

To make things more interesting, I'll go ahead and try to make predictions on a district basis for Indiana, since I'm familiar with the state. I fully expect to get several of these wrong, given that we generally don't have polling data for individual districts and whatnot, but it'll be fun.

Here's a map of the districts.

Brief descriptions, with Cook PVI and significant cities.

1st (D+10) Northwest Indiana, including Gary and Michigan City. Largely industrial, influenced mostly by Chicago.

2nd (R+6) Northern Indiana, including South Bend and Elkhart. Notre Dame is in this district.

3rd (R+13) Northeastern Indiana, including Fort Wayne.

The 1st is largely urbanized, while the 2nd and 3rd are more of a mix of urban and rural. All would be largely characterized as "Rust Belt."

4th (R+11) Stretches from western suburbs of Indianapolis to the north and west, including Lafayette and Kokomo. Purdue is in this district.

5th (R+9) Northern (and wealthy) suburbs of Indianapolis including Carmel, Fishers, and Noblesville. Also some of the north side of Indianapolis itself as well as the economically distressed city of Anderson.

6th (R+12) Stretches from eastern suburbs of Indiana to the east and south (and a little northeast), including Muncie, Richmond, and Columbus. Ball State is in this district. Geographically much of this district is in Southern Indiana, but a lot of the population is in the northern part of the district.

7th (D+13) This district covers most of the city of Indianapolis, and that's pretty much all you need to know.

8th (R+8) Western and southwestern Indiana, including Terre Haute and Evansville. Indiana State and the University of Evansville are in this district.

9th (R+9) Stretches from southern suburbs of Indianapolis, including Greenwood, south to suburbs of Louisville. Also includes Bloomington. Indiana University is in this district (referring to it as "the University of Indiana" is almost as bad a faux pas as referring to Hoosiers as "Indianans").

Republicans

Trump sweep. It just seems like Cruz's campaign is collapsing, what with recent polling, the Kasich alliance going over like a lead balloon, and an air of desperation. The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd districts should be particularly strong Trump territory. His protectionism will play well there. Likewise, Trump tends to do well in urban districts like the 7th.

The 6th, 8th, and 9th all cover Southern Indiana, which are dominated more by religious conservatives than the rest of the state. While that would seem to bode well for Cruz, these areas have somewhat Southern characteristics (many of the settlers in this area migrated from Virginia), and Trump tends to do well with religious conservatives in the South. Indeed, Trump did quite well in Southern Ohio and Southern Illinois, both of which share that characteristic with Southern Indiana. Also, to be blunt, this is a part of the state with a particular racism problem.

The 4th and 5th are where I expect Cruz to keep it closest. The northern and western suburbs of Indianapolis remind me a lot of the Milwaukee suburbs, where Cruz cleaned up. Also, Trump often struggles in college counties like the 4th's Tippecanoe. For that same reason, I would expect Cruz to fare better in the 9th than the other two Southern Indiana districts.

Democrats

Hillary takes the 1st, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th, as well as statewide. Bernie wins the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 9th.

The 1st and 7th should be easy wins for Hillary. Both are largely urban districts with relatively high African American populations. The 5th, 6th, and 8th should all be tighter and depend on whether they vote more like Ohio (where southern and suburban districts favored Hillary) or Illinois (where Bernie fared better in similar districts). Given the overall polling and likelihood of Bernie's supporters being discouraged, I give her the edge here.

The 4th and 9th should give Bernie massive margins in and around the major universities, and I expect that to swamp any advantage Hillary might have elsewhere in the districts. The 2nd and 3rd districts should favor Bernie for the same reason they favor Trump (largely white industrial districts where an anti-trade message will resonate).

I'll be very curious to see the results here. I find it particularly fun to follow elections in states I'm familiar with. Again, I fully expect to get a couple of these wrong, but we'll see.

Kangi

Neera Tanden ‏@neeratanden 1h1 hour ago

@HeerJeet @jbouie those who never saw Trump coming now privilege their own inability to judge his rise by assuming he must have super powers

Hi, Nate!

danm999

Is he seeing something amazing from Indiana internals or something?

Yeah it's weird he goes into this defeatist spiral right after being walloped two weeks running then come the new week it's all bluster and optimism again.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Maybe it's dependent upon which advisor he spoke with last?

I guess the Weaver/Devine power struggle isn't quite done yet.

Is he seeing something amazing from Indiana internals or something?

Yeah it's weird he goes into this defeatist spiral right after being walloped two weeks running then come the new week it's all bluster and optimism again.

He'd need his California numbers to be legendary, Indiana isn't going to make enough of a difference at this stage.

User1608

Banned
Anybody else feel disturbed by Cruz? Like Christ he's a creep and legitimate sociopath. His platform is of open hatred pretty much and as ItWasMeantToBe has said, barely anybody in the media covers that. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom