• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowdz

Anybody else feel disturbed by Cruz? Like Christ he's a creep and legitimate sociopath. His platform is of open hatred pretty much and as ItWasMeantToBe has said, barely anybody in the media covers that. Ugh.

Nothing is more terrifying than a man who thinks he's right with God.

Maengun1

They are merely exchanging long protein strings. If you can think of a simpler way, I'd like to hear it.

Exactly my first thought as well. In fact I sent this gif to a friend with that quote as soon as I saw it, and before I saw this post
laughing-smiley-016.gif

Sianos

the left doesn't understand that people want dignity!

that's why we on the right demonize those who have fallen on hard times and receive welfare - so that when they say they don't want to be stigmatized by us we can say that they don't want welfare because of the social stigmas associated with it (that we created)

also, dignity does not apply to homosexual people because of reasons

saltypickles

Neo Member
Marxists are still trash!

https://paisleycurrah.com/2016/04/2...lity-maybe-its-time-to-bring-back-the-binary/

Yes, anti-abortion laws are getting limited scrutiny because of the elimination of the gender binary. How high was the author before pushing submit on this? Has he or she been in contact with reality in the last 15 years?

Anyway, reading through Corey Robin's slow meltdown is fun:

https://twitter.com/CoreyRobin

Left Twitter has become so awful ever since the New York primary. I'm going to unfollow all of them once the election is over, there's no way I'll be able to take their tantrums about Hillary for the next four years if she wins.

HUELEN10

I thought you were for Sanders.

I am, but at the same time last I checked, my district was more Clinton. Furthermore, this person was NPA too, changed to Democrat JUST to vote for Sanders like me, and then said she'd switch back... except she didn't. Like, call me naive, but I don't like the fact that someone who's a Bernie-loving temp-DINO like me is staying and playing the dem card just to get Sanders in... It seems. it just doesn't seem honest.

Am I being too naive? It is just not sitting well with me, and now I feel pressured to go dem again to vote for them... except it doesn't feel right.

I am, but at the same time last I checked, my district was more Clinton. Furthermore, this person was NPA too, changed to Democrat JUST to vote for Sanders like me, and then said she'd switch back... except she didn't. Like, call me naive, but I don't like the fact that someone who's a Bernie-loving temp-DINO like me is staying and playing the dem card just to get Sanders in... It seems. it just doesn't seem honest.

Am I being too naive? It is just not sitting well with me, and now I feel pressured to go dem again to vote for them... except it doesn't feel right.

I have no idea because none of that makes any sense.

I mean she seems to actually be walking the walk and you're getting reared up to vote for a mega racist, so I don't think you have any grasp on what feels right.

Let me put it this way, I have respect for her.

East Lake

Thought this was a funny excerpt.

Bob Stone in Confessions of a Civil Servant said:
"He was wearing chinos and a flannel shirt. He made us feel at ease immediately with a mock complaint."

"This job! You can't even escape when you're snowed in. You know, the Secret Service has snowplows! And they come get you if you don't show up." He went on to explain how, in his wife's absence, he and "the other soccer moms" had been on the phone all morning trying to figure out what to do about their daughters who were stranded in Richmond after a soccer game.

Then he turned to Elaine, and she introduced her "team." Me first. I explained how good people were trapped in a bad system of centralization and over-regulation that kept them from achieving excellence. When I explained in that my job at the Pentagon I had little authority other than making speeches and writing letters, he exclaimed, "That sounds just like my job."

I laid out my formula for transforming a large organization:

1. Have a simple uplifting message that you repeat over an over.
(Like "Excellent Installations, the Foundation of Defense.")

2. Get your message across through human stories and props that are easy to understand.

3. Praise people who are doing the right things, and don't waste one second going after waste, fraud, and abuse.

Gore spent three hours with us, questioning us on everything we knew and listening with total concentration to our answers. Nearing the end of the meeting, I started to pack up my props. As I was putting the steam trap in my gym bag, he reached across the table and put his hand squarely on it.

"Any chance of your leaving that with me?" he asked. My heart skipped a beat. Then he said, "I'd like you all to come to work with me for six months on reinventing government. What do you say?"

The far left people on the internet (Hi, Glenn Greenwald) seem to think that it's a Zionist conspiracy that a former Mayor of London compared Zionists to Hitler...?

How does this conspiracy work...?

Also, these people are legit stupid:

Labour is a mass membership organization, which now has more than 380,000 full members, according to party figures.

The staff member said that, amid all the politicized attacks in recent months, there had been about five actual cases of alleged anti-Semitism within the party.

A 2015 survey by Pew found that seven percent of the UK public held “unfavorable” views of Jews. By contrast, about a fifth held negative views of Muslims and almost two-fifths viewed Roma people unfavorably.

There’s no evidence to suggest that such views are any more prevalent in the Labour Party – and the tiny number of anti-Semitism complaints suggests they may well be less so in a movement many of whose activists have been in the frontline of anti-racist struggles.

The staff member said that in the five or so cases that had come to its attention, the party had taken swift action to expel, or suspend the membership of those alleged to have made anti-Semitic comments.

https://electronicintifada.net/cont...d-uk-labour-partys-anti-semitism-crisis/16481

I mean, I think that only 7% of a country saying "Yes, I hate Jews" is probably not that amazing of a data point in your favor. I'm pretty sure that only 7% of Americans would say "Yes, I hate black people" but racism clearly exists in America!

The far left people on the internet (Hi, Glenn Greenwald) seem to think that it's a Zionist conspiracy that a former Mayor of London compared Zionists to Hitler...?

https://electronicintifada.net/cont...d-uk-labour-partys-anti-semitism-crisis/16481

I mean, I think that only 7% of a country saying "Yes, I hate Jews" is probably not that amazing of a data point in your favor. I'm pretty sure that only 7% of Americans would say "Yes, I hate black people" but racism clearly exists in America!

Wait is Greenwald actually supporting that idiot MP?

HUELEN10

I have no idea because none of that makes any sense.

I mean she seems to actually be walking the walk and you're getting reared up to vote for a mega racist, so I don't think you have any grasp on what feels right.

Let me put it this way, I have respect for her.

I guess my biggest problem is, if Bernie is truly a DINO, wouldn't DINOs swinging things in his favor kind of be disingenuous to the Democratic party as a whole? Maybe I am overthinking it? I don't know, it just doesn't sit well with me. I wish her luck, but as NPA, it's not like I am able to vote for her anyways, and if I was, I guess I couldn't vote for her for the same reason I can't vote for some of the other candidates.

It is incumbent upon a party to represent its constituents, not the other way around.

I swear fealty to no party. At the same time, this is the system that we have, so we have to abide by their rules. Irrespective of your feelings, this is the reality that we live in.

HUELEN10

It is incumbent upon a party to represent its constituents, not the other way around.

I swear fealty to no party. At the same time, this is the system that we have, so we have to abide by their rules. Irrespective of your feelings, this is the reality that we live in.

I guess when you put it that way, you are right and I am just overthinking. you said it best; for better or for worse, the way the system is right is IS the reality.

Greenwald just posted that "Tories are exploiting Antisemitism!"

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/726368483139837952

Which, you know, if Jeb Bush had said "go back to Africa" to a bunch of black people, I think Democrats would "exploit" that too by talking about it a lot.

The link I posted goes deeper into the conspiracy, but Greenwald is just the only notable person on the stupid left.

Greenwald just posted that "Tories are exploiting Antisemitism!"

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/726368483139837952

Which, you know, if Jeb Bush had said "go back to Africa" to a bunch of black people, I think Democrats would "exploit" that too by talking about it a lot.

The link I posted goes deeper into the conspiracy, but Greenwald is just the only notable person on the stupid left.

Happy to see that Greenwald continues to drop into irrelevancy.

Maledict

Why would this surprise you? Greenwald has been saying and doing dumb, far left shit for a long time now. He thinks the unrest in Brazil is a USA sponsored coup. He's one of those far left people who sees the west as the source of all evil no matter what, and automatically supports anyone who disagrees with the west. Livingstone is right up his ally - I'd be shocked if he wasn't supporting him. (Livingston after all tried to do an oil deal with Venezuela for London, whilst talking about USA sponsored opposition).

Why would this surprise you? Greenwald has been saying and doing dumb, far left shit for a long time now. He thinks the unrest in Brazil is a USA sponsored coup. He's one of those far left people who sees the west as the source of all evil no matter what, and automatically supports anyone who disagrees with the west. Livingstone is right up his ally - I'd be shocked if he wasn't supporting him. (Livingston after all tried to do an oil deal with Venezuela for London, whilst talking about USA sponsored opposition).

I foolishly thought that not even he could come out in defense of "Hitler was a zionist"-Man

Chichikov

You know, Ken Livingstone is kinda wrong about Hitler (though there were people in the Nazi party who considered leveraging Zionism to ethnically cleanse Jews out of Europe and there were zionists who attempted to contact the Nazi party in order to fight against the British rule of Palestine) but he's absolutely right that there is a very strong effort to brand anyone who disagree with Israeli policies, especially in regard to the occupation of the west bank as an anti-semite.

I mean just last month that leader of the Austrian FPO, which is fucking Nazi party, visited Israel and was greeted warmly by member of the parliament, because Nazi Shmazi, what really matter that he hates dem Arabs now and cool with the settlements.

And sheeeeit, the head of Israel's propaganda apparatus (yes, Israel has such a thing) called Obama anti-semitic.

CCS

Banned
You know, Ken Livingstone is kinda wrong about Hitler (though there were people in the Nazi party who considered leveraging Zionism to ethnically cleanse Jews out of Europe and there were zionists who attempted to contact the Nazi party in order to fight against the British rule of Palestine) but he's absolutely right that there is a very strong effort to brand anyone who disagree with Israeli policies, especially in regard to the occupation of the west bank as an anti-semite.

I mean just last month that leader of the Austrian FPO, which is fucking Nazi party, visited Israel and was greeted warmly by member of the parliament, because Nazi Shmazi, what really matter that he hates dem Arabs now and cool with the settlements.

And sheeeeit, the head of Israel's propaganda apparatus (yes, Israel has such a thing) called Obama anti-semitic.

While this is true, defending Labour over anti-Semitism at the moment is a bad idea. In the last few months:

-Multiple important members of the Labour party, either MPs or people like Livingstone have been in the news for anti-Semitic comments.

-Student Labour Societies at leading universities, including Oxford, have been exposed has having a deep running vein of anti-Semitism within them.

-The NUS, which is effectively a feeder group for Labour politicians, has elected a blatant anti-Semite as leader.

-The Labour leadership's response to any given scandal has been to ignore it and take no action until press coverage has left them no alternative, which does not exactly inspire confidence in their determination to tackle anti-Semitism.

Chichikov

While this is true, defending Labour over anti-Semitism at the moment is a bad idea. In the last few months:

-Multiple important members of the Labour party, either MPs or people like Livingstone have been in the news for anti-Semitic comments.

-Student Labour Societies at leading universities, including Oxford, have been exposed has having a deep running vein of anti-Semitism within them.

-The NUS, which is effectively a feeder group for Labour politicians, has elected a blatant anti-Semite as leader.

-The Labour leadership's response to any given scandal has been to ignore it and take no action until press coverage has left them no alternative, which does not exactly inspire confidence in their determination to tackle anti-Semitism.
I'm not overly familiar with those people resume, but Livingstone quote (at least what I've seen) really didn't strike me as anti-semitic.
But I might've missed something, any quotes?

And again, you can be fucking wrong about history and fucking wrong about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and not be anti-semitic.

danm999

I guess my biggest problem is, if Bernie is truly a DINO, wouldn't DINOs swinging things in his favor kind of be disingenuous to the Democratic party as a whole? Maybe I am overthinking it? I don't know, it just doesn't sit well with me. I wish her luck, but as NPA, it's not like I am able to vote for her anyways, and if I was, I guess I couldn't vote for her for the same reason I can't vote for some of the other candidates.

I mean, Bernie himself has said if he doesn't get the nomination he'll be sticking with the Democrats and trying to influence them internally. I don't see why his supporters should feel bad for acting in a similar manner.

CCS

Banned
I'm not overly familiar with those people resume, but Livingstone quote (at least what I've seen) really didn't strike me as anti-semitic.
But I might've missed something, any quotes?

And again, you can be fucking wrong about history and fucking wrong about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and not be anti-semitic.

Bear in mind that Livingstone's comments were made whilst defending someone who said that all Israelis should be moved to America to solve the conflict.

besada

Banned
I mean, Bernie himself has said if he doesn't get the nomination he'll be sticking with the Democrats and trying to influence them internally. I don't see why his supporters should feel bad for acting in a similar manner.
Not to mention he's caucused with the party for decades, even when he was listed as an Independent. Frankly, I imagine Bernie would be repulsed at the notion that people voting for him would vote for Trump, just as he's repulsed by Trump.

OuterLimits

I think I saw a speech of Fiorina introducing Cruz and she falls down. The way she falls, it makes it seem like a trap door opened up beneath her. Most of the crowd seemed to ignore it though. Has anyone else seen that?

Bear in mind that Livingstone's comments were made whilst defending someone who said that all Israelis should be moved to America to solve the conflict.

The whole chain is just brilliant, and to see so many people bending over to defend it is just fucking hilarious.

It's like a magnet for exposing fucking idiots among the left.

Chichikov

That's a silly, non workable solution, but I don't think it's anti-semitic (or at least, not necessarily anti-semitic).

p.s.
It's probably worth noting that there were a whole lot of Jews in the 19th and early 20th century who thought the solution to violence and racism that Jews were facing in Europe was to move them to the US. In fact, they were way more numerous than those who thought the solution is to move them to British Palestine.

CCS

Banned
That's a silly, non workable solution, but I don't think it's anti-semitic (or at least, not necessarily anti-semitic).

p.s.
It's probably worth noting that there were a whole lot of Jews in the 19th and early 20th century who thought the solution to violence and racism that Jews were facing in Europe was to move them to the US. In fact, they were way more numerous than those who thought the solution is to move them to British Palestine.

There's a bunch of other stuff she said that leans towards the anti-semitic. This is a good summary by the Guardian:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics...-events-leading-to-mps-suspension-from-labour

OuterLimits

I wonder if Pence felt nauseous after seeing that NBC/Marist poll yesterday. He is campaigning with Cruz today, but is probably wishing he had stayed out of it. His endorsement was rather weak to begin with. I still think it will be a close race, but perhaps Trump does win the state. Nate Silver had the state like 70% Cruz until that poll yesterday. Now he has Trump 69%. For some reason Silver has Trump chances dropping in California even though no new polls have come out to show Cruz gaining momentum really.

Fox News was showing the Cruz +16 poll a bunch Fri and Sat, but hasn't mentioned the Marist Trump +15 poll much. One of these polls is going to be off big time it seems.

Just saw the Cruz and Chuck Todd back and forth. I think Todd asked him 5 times or more if he would support Trump if he wins. Cruz never answered and just said Trump is like Hillary and Trump won't win the nomination.

It seems Bernie keeps giving conflicting messages. One minute it seems like he is dropping out, the next minute he is talking about a contested convention. Overall, I expected to Sanders and Cruz to win Indiana, but I may be completely wrong on both races.

Chichikov

There's a bunch of other stuff she said that leans towards the anti-semitic. This is a good summary by the Guardian:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics...-events-leading-to-mps-suspension-from-labour
She seem to be very much against the current government and policies of Israel, which is fine, she's probably an anti-zionist, which you may think is not okay, but that doesn't make her an anti-semite. And it's certainly doesn't make the person who associated with her one.

Let's get real now, this is all about the occupation of the west bank and the settlements, Israel and most of the Jewish community leader have no problem with racists, even people like Heinz-Christian fuckgin Strache as long as they support "their side".

p.s.
And for the record, I think Nazi comparisons are almost always a bad idea, this case is no exception. Not the least of it because now everyone talks about anti-semitism which is a rather minor problem in the UK right now instead of the fact that Israel is holding millions of people without basic human rights for half a century, which is the (very important) issue she was trying to raise.

Farmboy

For some reason Silver has Trump chances dropping in California even though no new polls have come out to show Cruz gaining momentum really.

His polls-plus model factors in endorsements, so I guess Pence moved the needle a little. That should be corrected once new polls come out showing it really had no effect.

CCS

Banned
She seem to be very much against the current government and policies of Israel, which is fine, she's probably an anti-zionist, which you may think is not okay, but that doesn't make her an anti-semite. And it's certainly doesn't make the person who associated with her one.

Let's get real now, this is all about the occupation of the west bank and the settlements, Israel and most of the Jewish community leader have no problem with racists, even people like Heinz-Christian fuckgin Strache as long as they support "their side".

p.s.
And for the record, I think Nazi comparisons are almost always a bad idea, this case is no exception. Not the least of it because now everyone talks about anti-semitism which is a rather minor problem in the UK right now instead of the fact that Israel is holding millions of people without basic human rights for half a century, which is the (very important) issue she was trying to raise.

Are you serious?

From the most recent year we have numbers:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31140919

Anti-Semitic incidents reached a record level in the UK last year, according to the Community Security Trust.

A report by the trust, which provides security for Britain's Jewish community and monitors anti-Semitism, said the number of incidents had more than doubled to 1,168 in 2014.

It is the highest figure since the trust began monitoring in 1984.

"Anti-Semitic reactions to the conflict in Israel and Gaza" were the biggest factor behind the rise, the trust said.

It recorded 314 incidents in July - the highest ever recorded in a single month.
It said almost half the offenders made reference to Gaza or Palestinians.

Man Sanders would have some interesting issues in the GE, turns out he only pays his Senate interns 12$ (which is actually pretty cool a lot of interns don't get paid period) but it's still a funny image of a guy calling for 15$ an hour not paying that. Find it also kinda ironic that he pays what Clinton has generally been calling for.

He'd have to explain out loud and repeatedly why if he's for 15$ an hour he doesn't live by it.

http://www.sanders.senate.gov/services/internships

Like this should 100% be a non issue, but it highlights the unique issues a candidate who runs on on a purity litmus test platform would face. Even tiny specks of dirt tend to show on someone who wears a pristine white suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom