• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
"Clinton, picking the hot sauce off the table and telling Biden that she would use it to market herself to African Americans in New York 8 years later, quietly receded into her chaste, cold chambers to avoid watching the carnage of killing Osama Bin Laden." That's the next sentence ont he page.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Apparently, according to her book, Obama agreed and the only reason they didn't do it was the fog came a day early.

ChWfRKMUUAUfstG.jpg:large

I like the whole, "I did not seek a correction." :lol

Y2Kev

"Clinton, before providing six Big Macs to the superdelegates from the state of Washington, sacrificed a baby goat to Lloyd Blankfein."

danm999

I haven't done the maths but since Clinton has won more states, and all the larger states, isn't Bernie's suggestion superdelegates must vote with their state just going to blow out her lead?

Apparently, according to her book, Obama agreed and the only reason they didn't do it was the fog came a day early.

I like the whole, "I did not seek a correction." :lol

Well, she wasn't wrong. Regardless of how the mission turned out, he had a good reason not to be there. And if it turned out poorly while he was attending the WHCAD, the optics would be terrible. So what if a few DC politicos gossip about his absence for a few hours?

mo60

Donald "A lot of people are switching to these really long putters, very unattractive" Trump's vote is never concentrated like that. And even if it were, he it wouldn't matter as Donald "A lot of people are switching to these really long putters, very unattractive" Trump doesn't even need to win Indiana. Like the only thing Cruz has at this point is a desperate hope that Donald "A lot of people are switching to these really long putters, very unattractive" Trump falls apart in California.

I have a funny feeling trump may get over 50% of the vote or come close to it when Indiana votes on Tuesday. Even if cruz got crushed by Trump in Indiana he's still staying in the race.

I haven't done the maths but since Clinton has won more states, and all the larger states, isn't Bernie's suggestion superdelegates must vote with their state just going to blow out her lead?

Correct, if super-delegates were given proportionally based on states won and then counted as normal delegate, Clinton would actually look even better percentage-wise than she already does.

I simply have no idea where this argument is coming from within the Bernie camp - it's like they think Washington is representative of all the states Bernie won or something.

Yeah Ive seen *this* making the rounds recently. Im not sure if its being shared ironically or authentically anymore or even if the article is serious, tongue in cheek or mostly serious with a bit of self awareness tbh

LOL wtf, does this guy think all the States left are Oregon like states?

All Sanders needs to do is win 64% of everything, sure he's not even polling at 64% in California, and sure he won't win New Jersey, and sure he's not polling to win Indiana by 64% either, nor is he going to win New Mexico at 64% nor is he going to win DC let alone at 64%.

I have a funny feeling trump may get over 50% of the vote or come close to it when Indiana votes on Tuesday. Even if cruz got crushed by Trump in Indiana he's still staying in the race.
Cruz has to stay in until June 7th when Trump seals the deal.

And you're using a really strange Trump script.

VRMN

It's unlikely since she's probably got all or most of those already. Either way, Sanders' campaign is full of hypocrisies on this since it ultimately boils down to, "supers in states I won should vote for me because I won the state. Supers in states Clinton won should vote for me because I'm the better candidate against Trump." It's self-serving bullshit to mask a desire for supers to override the will of the people after he spent all fall and winter decrying their very existence for the possibility of them doing just such a thing.

It's unlikely since she's probably got all or most of those already. Either way, Sanders' campaign is full of hypocrisies on this since it ultimately boils down to, "supers in states I won should vote for me because I won the state. Supers in states Clinton won should vote for me because I'm the better candidate against Trump." It's self-serving bullshit to mask a desire for supers to override the will of the people after he spent all fall and winter decrying their very existence for the possibility of them doing just such a thing.

Yeah he'd be less of a hypocrite if he just flat out said Supers should ignore the will of the state (like they currently do if they wish) and vote for me, instead of arguing some bizarre hyrbid where the will of the people only counts in states he's won.

Iolo

Sums up my thoughts pretty nicely.

My hope is the for the next open primary on the Democratic side, someone with Bernie's broad policies can win. The Bernie supporters shouldn't take a loss here as an excuse to disengage - they should remain involved and run for office themselves, or prop up candidates with similar views to build institutional support for the next Bernie. Letting this movement go to waste would be a crime.

Or maybe they could vote in the goddamned midterms.

ampere

Him, Devine or Weaver made a comment that the supers from states that Hillary has won should vote for him because of GE head to head polls.

Basically it's just "vote for me because... reasons. I wanna be pres plz :(" nonsense.

NeoXChaos

Sean trende made a point about both R and D systems.

Basically if you got rid of supers and used strictly D system for both parties then you'd have brokered conventions every 4-8 years.

Fyodor ‏@Fyodor32768 11h11 hours ago
@SeanTrende it's worth noting that a simple switch to all proportional allocation would have prevented this.

Sean T at RCPVerified account
‏@SeanTrende
@Fyodor32768 Yeah, but you have to combine that with Superdelegates, or you get brokered conventions every eight years. No perf. solution

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Also man, the email thing is not sticking. Over at my conservative aunt and uncle's for dinner and even they recognize its bullshit. Also they hate everyone on the GOP side this cycle except for Kasich

Tire fire

Y2Kev

That's not a "contested convention". There'll be a ballot. She'll win.
I guess he doesn't intend to be like the generous, merciful and benevolent queen who released her delegates though.

If he doesn't release his delegates, he can seriously get fucked.

PBY

Banned
A preteen yelling "you suck" is hauled out of Cruz event. "In my household, when a child behaved that way, they got a spanking," says Cruz.

This guy.

NeoXChaos

if he believed in any kind of party unity he would release his delegates and allow her to be nominated by acclamation considering the historical nature of her candidacy like she did for Obama.. They will still be recorded on paper.

Also man, the email thing is not sticking. Over at my conservative aunt and uncle's for dinner and even they recognize its bullshit. Also they hate everyone on the GOP side this cycle except for Kasich

Tire fire

It actually seems to be sticking more with liberals than conservatives lol

But I think mostly for the far left, they don't really believe it, they just want to believe it's a hail mary to get Bernie nominated.

PBY

Banned
More

Cruz: "One of my favorite movies of all time is 'Hoosiers.' So I went online and looked up some quotes."

Sean trende made a point about both R and D systems.

Basically if you got rid of supers and used strictly D system for both parties then you'd have brokered conventions every 4-8 years.
Couldn't they just institute a rule giving the nomination to whoever wins a plurality of delegates? Though I know the GOP would actively oppose that idea given their current situation.

VRMN

What happens if he doesn't? She still wins with supers on the first ballot anyway and it's over right?

Yeah. Strictly speaking, Clinton did not release her delegates in 2008, but this was for staging purposes when she famously released her delegates during the roll call and called for Obama to be nominated by acclimation (that is, unanimously). If a release never happens, the same process occurs, just at the end of it the convention chair calls the nomination for Clinton.

NeoXChaos

Couldn't they just institute a rule giving the nomination to whoever wins a plurality of delegates? Though I know the GOP would actively oppose that idea given their current situation.

yeah and can also give the nomination to whoever has the most votes even in a plurality.

That's an even worse idea. You would absolutely end up with 6 or 7 people running with the "winner" potentially having 20% of the actual vote or less.

The parties would end up completely hijacked by extremists who vote in lockstep with each other while centrists spread out votes or tune out.

Y2Kev

What happens if he doesn't? She still wins with supers on the first ballot anyway and it's over right?

Yes, it's symbolic. You want it to be as close to "unanimous" as possible. You'll note Queen led the call for New York in pledging their delegates to Obama. Because she is a) a queen and then b) worked her royal butt off to get him elected.

Sanders has a high standard to live up to after the primaries are over.

shem935

Banned
Yeah. Strictly speaking, Clinton did not release her delegates in 2008, but this was for staging purposes when she famously released her delegates during the roll call and called for Obama to be nominated by acclimation (that is, unanimously). If a release never happens, the same process occurs, just at the end of it the convention chair calls the nomination for Clinton.

Yes, it's symbolic. You want it to be as close to "unanimous" as possible. You'll note Queen led the call for New York in pledging their delegates to Obama. Because she is a) a queen and then b) worked her royal butt off to get him elected.

Sanders has a high standard to live up to after the primaries are over.

Thanks for the info!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Shit, I saw that happen in realtime. Hilarious.

Shit, I remember we got shown that in a journalism class I took as an example of what happens when you don't do your research properly. How do you not check what's in the goddamn vault before opening it up on TV?

Paul Ryan says that free lunches provided to children by government programs give kids “a full stomach — and an empty soul.”

She once met a young boy from a poor family. And every day at school, he would get a free lunch from a government program. But he told Eloise he didn’t want a free lunch. He wanted his own lunch — one in a brown-paper bag just like the other kids’. He wanted one, he said, because he knew a kid with a brown-paper bag had someone who cared for him.

He went on to say that “the Left” doesn’t understand this desire for dignity, not just comfort.

Paul Ryan stole all my crack :mad:

http://time.com/14887/paul-ryan-free-school-lunch-empty-soul/

mo60

Cruz has to stay in until June 7th when Donald "I'm more honest and my women are more beautiful" Trump seals the deal.

And you're using a really strange Donald "I'm more honest and my women are more beautiful" Trump script.

The script I'm using replaces trump's name with a quote from him. You can see the script in action when you quote a post from me that mentions trump by his full name.

I wonder how bad cruz will do in California on June 7th now since trump seems to be getting stronger now.

NeoXChaos

Nixon, Reagan, and Bush 1/2 did a great job at beating back liberal dominance and making a big time ideological comeback. Eager to see what the GOP will accomplish in the future.

well yeah. They got to appoint a combined 9-11 Justices. Clinton was the first Democrat since Johnson to appoint a Justice to the Supreme Court.

Obama will be the first living Democrat since Jackson-Van Buren to see his successor win a third term for their party.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Nixon, Reagan, and Bush 1/2 did a great job at beating back liberal dominance and making a big time ideological comeback. Eager to see what the GOP will accomplish in the future.

They are still in denial phase of the 5 stages, lol. I guess you could say they are in the anger phase, looking at Trump. Until they see that the coalition they have abused since Regan, which was held together by (edit:thin) common causes, can't be sustained any longer.

You can't have a party big enough around racism/nationalism, and religious based causes. Especially when internal views conflict in other ways such as republican economic justice and religious economic justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom