• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys i just realized that great feeling of trump dominating poll after poll and taking his competitors down one by one is gone forever. Now all we have left is one big night 7 months from now. I wonder if there will ever be a primary like this again.

Kevin Williamson is shocked his party is racist? Has he read his own work?

edit: re-reading that he still doesn't get why trump won, he things the con-artist and not a true conservative attacks work. They don't care about that. They care about trump parroting the slanderous stories you post about blacks and other minorities being a cancer on the "productive class". YOU ARE WHY YOUR PARTY VOTED FOR TRUMP

This is what you wrote a few years ago:

‘Hey, hey craaaaaacka! Cracka!White devil! F*** you, white devil!” The guy looks remarkably like Snoop Dogg: skinny enough for a Vogue advertisement, lean-faced with a wry expression, long braids. He glances slyly from side to side, making sure his audience is taking all this in, before raising his palms to his clavicles, elbows akimbo, in the universal gesture of primate territorial challenge. Luckily for me, he’s more like a three-fifths-scale Snoop Dogg, a few inches shy of four feet high, probably about nine years old, and his mom — I assume she’s his mom — is looking at me with an expression that is a complex blend of embarrassment, pity, and amusement, as though to say: “Kids say the darnedest things, do they not, white devil?”

Kevin Williamson is human garbage

Chichikov

NRO's twitter feed:
https://twitter.com/NRO/lists/nr-primary-tweets
Byron Tau ‏@ByronTau 4h4 hours ago
Cruz volunteer just told me "We just lost the constitution because of the media — because people like you."
Oh great, Ted Cruz lost the constitution again.
Dammit, someone get Nic Cage on the phone.

Where's the street-wise Hercules
To fight the rising odds?
Isn't there a white knight upon a fiery steed?
Late at night I toss and I turn and I dream of what I need
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wuib2Vo3hSo

ApRkoxO.jpg

This is the greatest graph ever.

Guys i just realized that great feeling of trump dominating poll after poll and taking his competitors down one by one is gone forever. Now all we have left is one big night 7 months from now. I wonder if there will ever be a primary like this again.
Republicans get crazier each presidential primary.

You know I really can't understand people.freaking out now that Cruz is out about the possibility Trump could be president when Cruz would be a far worse option. Even up until today I feel like most people didn't know just how horrible his policies were. It's a good thing he is such an unlikable shitstain

You know I really can't understand people.freaking out now that Cruz is out about the possibility Trump could be president when Cruz would be a far worse option. Even up until today I feel like most people didn't know just how horrible his policies were. It's a good thing he is such an unlikable shitstain

American Saudi Arabia was more desirable as a possibility than American Fascist Italy I guess?

Because I get to hide behind the privilege of being a white male, I agree with you. From purely self serving reasons, I was always more scared of Cruz than Trump. I don't think Trump has issues with LGBT people. That's totally lip service. He knows his base. Cruz is a true enough believer that he really terrified me.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The hilarious part about the entire GOP journey is that they didn't see this wouldn't go according to plan when they had like 20 dudes trying to get into the debates.

Kangi

I'd be a lot more freaked out with Cruz becoming the presumptive nominee than I am about Trump right now.

Trump's a terrible person and would be a disaster of a president but Cruz is pure evil. Trump would drive us off a cliff, but Cruz would set us on fire and watch us burn.

Suppose it's fitting that it took an egotistical billionaire jackass to crack into the right-wing media machine built up over 20 years operated by an egotistical billionaire jackass. We all assumed the GOP nominee would be someone in favor at FOX, etc, yes? Their power monopoly is breaking, at minimum. Only 1 of the final 4 candidates was at all someone they were interested in, and they freaking hated the final 2.

They spent so long pulling media to the right that people fell in line with a candidate championed by parts of the internet farther to the right. They spent 8 years hating on Obama instead of actually building the party (outside a few Governorships). Thus no one even trusts "establishment" GOP anymore. They've only themselves to blame.

ivysaur12

Banned
I guess it wasn't going to really hit me until one of them got nominated.

But I kinda laughed and shrugged off Donald Trump for a while. I thought he was a buffoon (a racist, xenophobic, misogynistic, nationalistic buffoon) who would ultimately get crushed in the race for the presidency. I didn't do anything necessarily to help him (I haven't even voted yet!), but I definitely wanted him to win the nomination because I believed he would have the greatest chance to do the worst against Hillary.

I still believe all of this above. But there was a sobering moment when Cruz dropped out that I realized that this is happening. It's not just speaking in abstract terms about a possible Trump vs. Hillary election. This is real. This is happening. This is going to be the two people on the ballot come November. And it's a moral obligation to do whatever we can to make sure that Trump never ends up in the Oval Office.

I don't think he'll win. But I can't look into the future and say for certain. And I know that there will be two people on the ballot in November
that are not Jill Stein or Gary Johnson
who will be POTUS. One of those will be Trump. He's closer to being the leader of the free world than anyone else right now, besides Hillary. And that's terrifying.

Man nothing pleases me more than Carly Fiorina becoming a punchline for political jokes for the next couple decades. She managed to lose the same election TWICE!

The core truth Trump has laid bare is that Republican voters are powered by a resentful nationalism more than a principled conservatism. "Republican politics boils down to ethno-nationalistic passions ungoverned by reason," writes Jonathan Chait. "Once a figure has been accepted as a friendly member of their tribe, there is no level of absurdity to which he can stoop that would discredit him."

from Ezra Klein

Bowdz

Man nothing pleases me more than Carly Fiorina becoming a punchline for political jokes for the next couple decades. She managed to lose the same election TWICE!

Fucking lol. I'm actually really glad that Fiorina won't be the VP choice. She is a pretty damn good attack dog because she lies with such an intense passion.

Crud

Banned
I got my gf who has never voted before in her life to register to vote. Have to stop Trump at all cost. If you know someone who is not registered to vote help them out! We cannot sit by and have Trump take the White House.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

But I kinda laughed and shrugged off Donald Trump for a while. I thought he was a buffoon (a racist, xenophobic, misogynistic, nationalistic buffoon) who would ultimately get crushed in the race for the presidency. I didn't do anything necessarily to help him (I haven't even voted yet!), but I definitely wanted him to win the nomination because I believed he would have the greatest chance to do the worst against Hillary.

I still believe all of this above. But there was a sobering moment when Cruz dropped out that I realized that this is happening. It's not just speaking in abstract terms about a possible Trump vs. Hillary election. This is real. This is happening. This is going to be the two people on the ballot come November. And it's a moral obligation to do whatever we can to make sure that Trump never ends up in the Oval Office.

I don't think he'll win. But I can't look into the future and say for certain. And I know that there will be two people on the ballot in November
that are not Jill Stein or Gary Johnson
who will be POTUS. One of those will be Trump. He's closer to being the leader of the free world than anyone else right now, besides Hillary. And that's terrifying.

I was really surprised to learn this is only the second time Jill Stein has run for President. I don't know why, but it feels like Jill Stein and Gary Johnson have been on every ballot since I was eligible to vote.

User1608

Banned
I'll reflect a bit here (let's not kid ourselves, he's about to be the nominee):

Trump really scares me and the fact is he's this much closer to becoming POTUS. I've had so much animosity towards him ever since he called me and so many others rapists, drug dealers and murderers. If there is one thing I am looking forward to, it is his very likely and utterly crushing defeat this November. That will be something I cherish and celebrate in a big way.

Ihyll

As someone that is directly on Trumps chopping block, this election basically decides what my future will be like

Please people vote blue no matter who

benjipwns

Banned
I was really surprised to learn this is only the second time Jill Stein has run for President. I don't know why, but it feels like Jill Stein and Gary Johnson have been on every ballot since I was eligible to vote.
It's also only the second time Gary Johnson has run for President. Third parties are generally better off if they can get someone to run twice because of the name recognition boost off of the first time. Yet they resist this for purity reasons.

Do you live in Massachusetts? Stein ran for Governor in 2002 and 2010. And Secretary of the Commonwealth in 2006.

royalan

I said this months ago and I'll say it again: the polls may be solidly against him, but so far Donald Trump has not only made it past every brick wall erected before him, he's ripped through them as though they were paper.

And I will not be counted among the growing number of posters who now wear a hefty layer of on egg on their face for thinking that nobody should worry about Trump. It's time to take Trump seriously. Been time.

Obama needs to give the speech of his life this summer warning the American people about the decision they're making this November and that we must band together to stop Trump. This needs to be the A More Perfect Union of 2016.

Well that didn't take long

5 Reasons Bernie Sanders Wins Big With Cruz Dropout by Seth Abramson

Spoiler alert: all 5 reasons are moronic and delusional
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5-re...ith-cruz-dropout_b_9834348.html?section=india

Saw this on my feed from HuffPost, 5 reasons why Cruz maybe calling quits might be good for Sanders.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/seth-...ers-wins-big-with-cruz-dropout_b_9834348.html

I actually believe 5 might be a possibility, no matter if it is slim.

Yep

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5-re...ith-cruz-dropout_b_9834348.html?section=india

Saw this on my feed from HuffPost, 5 reasons why Cruz maybe calling quits might be good for Sanders.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/seth-...ers-wins-big-with-cruz-dropout_b_9834348.html

This can't be real.

Chichikov

0vgb9Sk.gif

HylianTom

Banned
Since we're on the verge of the Veepstakes, here's the announcement dates of the last few cycles, along with their respective convention starting dates.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Romney selects Ryan: 8-11-2012
RNC 2012: 8-27-2012

===

Obama selects Biden: 8-23-2008
DNC 2008: 8-25-2008

McCain selects Palin: 8-29-2008
RNC 2008: 9-1-2008

===

Kerry selects Edwards: 7-6-2004
DNC 2004: 7-26-2004

===

Gore selects Lieberman: 8-8-2000
DNC 2000: 8-14-2000

Bush selects Cheney: 8-25-2000
RNC 2000: 8-31-2000

HUELEN10

It's like I can't share anything with you guys with being made fun of or taking it personally. I am just a Trump or Sanders voter that wants Sanders to win... Is that so wrong? :( sorry that the article was posted before, at least mine is he original URL.

I'll, I'll be okay, but I'm with Sanders until he says it is over.

royalan

I disagree.

The last time the Democrats went into a "contested" convention was in 1980, when Kennedy tried to get delegates to switch from President Carter to him on the convention floor. Not only did that NOT work, a lot of people apparently blamed it for weakening Carter in the general, which he lost.

If Democrats go into a contested convention while the Republicans sit back, watching, laughing and unified while Bernie Sanders thrashes around embarrassingly as he continues to sling mud at Hillary...well, I don't see this doing much to put Democrats where they need to be by mid-Summer.

Maengun1

I still believe all of this above. But there was a sobering moment when Cruz dropped out that I realized that this is happening.

Yeah...I've basically been actively rooting for Trump throughout this entire GOP primary, first wanting the safer GE candidates to fail and later for #NeverCruz reasons (Cruz is like, my most loathed politician period) but....now that we're actually in this moment......eek.

Anyway, it really does seem like Carly is going for that lost-every-election EGOT doesn't it? We got Senate, we got Pres, we got VP......is a failed play for a house seat or a governorship next???

No joke, an old work colleague pmed me on Facebook to ask if I thought Trump could actually win, because he was scared (I have the reputation of being the guy who knows about politics).

If I could see him getting Florida, I'd be scared, but I don't.

HUELEN10

No joke, an old work colleague pmed me on Facebook to ask if I thought Trump could actually win, because he was scared (I have the reputation of being the guy who knows about politics).

If I could see him getting Florida, I'd be scared, but I don't.

Florida loves Trump though, you should have seen the boats docked at the Jax Landing to see him. I could see a lot of non-devs vote for him in my state.

studyguy

The fact that Cruz saw thr writing on the wall before Sanders is pretty amusing. Still, tomorrow is another day and it's gonna be interesting to see how Trump tries to turn a ship that has already sunk.

It's like I can't share anything with you guys with being made fwun of or taking it personally. I am just a Trump or Sanders voter that wants Sanders to win... Is that so wrong? :( sorry that the article was posted before, at least mine is he original URL.

I'll, I'll be okay, but I'm with Sanders until he says it is over.

Lol you don't get to supporte an extreme sexist/racist candidate and play it off as no big thing. So yes supporting Trump is wrong.

ivysaur12

Banned
Yep, time to Make America Great Again™.

Unless democracy defeats the Clintonista coup obviously.

ugh benji staphp

So there are still 176 supers who have not endorsed yet. Hillary needs 182 more delegates to take her over the finish line.

Let's give her 4 delegates (of 7) in Guam and 10 delegates (of 29) in West Virginia. She'll need 168 more delegates to clinch the nomination. Even though she's winning nearby counties, let's say she loses Kentucky (I actually am bullish on her chances there, but okay). 45% would give her ~25 delegates. Let's say she takes 35% of the vote in Oregon even though it's a closed primary. ~21 delegates.

She could conceivably roll out 120+ endorsements on May 17th to put her over the edge and end this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom