• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Perez had been in an elected office, he'd definitely be at the top of Hilary's short list. I think she might want an all indisputable experience ticket.

johnsmith

remember me
Corey Booker is the one. Perfect age to run in 2024. Smart, good personality, would be a great attack dog. We might lose a senate seat but we'll still have no problem taking that back this year.

a-1rdT.gif

I think I told this story in an earlier PoliGAF thread, but when I was a kid (probably during the 1992 election season) I asked my mom why Bush had beaten Dukakis, mostly out of a sense of curiosity about why people vote for one candidate over another. She responded by trying to explain the tank photo-op to me, which just left me thinking that people make their voting decisions for awfully silly reasons.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Got to love the scary ominous music. The horror that is equality.

That is the most ominus background music I've ever heard in any advertisement.

I'd be creeped out and scared by any advertisement with that music.

I think I told this story in an earlier PoliGAF thread, but when I was a kid (probably during the 1992 election season) I asked my mom why Bush had beaten Dukakis, mostly out of a sense of curiosity about why people vote for one candidate over another. She responded by trying to explain the tank photo-op to me, which just left me thinking that people make their voting decisions for awfully silly reasons.

Dukakis' problem is that he allowed his opponent define him before he ever had a chance to define himself. Kerry also allowed the same to happen to himself

johnsmith

remember me
So re: Dukakis, I was reading this politico article about it, and don't put on hats/helmets is a political rule.

I sat in countless meetings in which some smartass warned that a stop on the president’s schedule had the makings of a “Dukakis in the tank moment.” The caution usually came when some type of costume was involved, and the tank ride is still to this day invoked anytime politicians decline to put hats on their heads—as President Obama did earlier this year when he was handed a Navy football helmet but refused to try it on. (“You don’t put stuff on your head if you’re president,” he said. “That’s politics 101.”)
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2013/11/dukakis-and-the-tank-099119#ixzz482KPJxwB

Look who already broke this rule

animation.gif

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
People in Hollywood make a lot of money, so you know that liberal slant is a facade, they all want to pay less taxes.

What a difference between you and me

When i was young i voted bush against gore in a class mock election because gore had a spotted tie in his photo that irked me

NeoXChaos

Jamelle Bouie ‏@jbouie 17h17 hours ago
As soon as you realize that black and Latino voters are the foundation of Democratic wins, these kinds of schemes make no sense.

Romney won 61 percent of whites in Virginia! And Obama won the state by three points.

Which is to say, Romney won the majority of whites in states Obama won *comfortably*.

Romney won the majority of whites in California, New Jersey, Wisconsin, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, Florida, & Colorado.

As it stands, we know that Latino voter registration has shot up in *response to Trump*.

The "Hillary voters stay home" what if relies on that trend suddenly reversing in the face of Donald Trump at the top of the ticket.

Turnout among core Democratic groups has been increasing in presidential years for the past decade.

I havent eaten since tuesday for bernie. And he lost guam. Sad
Im not as hungry as I thought I'd be, but I did eat half a watermelon that day

That reminds me of Amy sedaris' hunger strike on Strangers with Candy

didn't last very long and ultimately pointless, but amusing that it happened

ampere

Oh and for any Marvel fans, Captain America Civil War was really good

Basically if you like the other Avengers/Captain America movies go see it.

#teamcapt

HylianTom

Banned

But Captain America is so wrong in this movie.

Also my Highschool Latin Teacher is Robert Downey Jr/s cousin and in my sophmore year of highschool before the first shoots of Ironman where cast I told robert downey Jr. what ironman would be like and I said "I could tell you all this nerdy stuff about what ironman is based on certain issues, but the real ironman wouldn't care what I would have to say, because he would have already read it. He already knows, more than any internet nerd. He is always one step ahead of everyone else. he is a playboy who wouldn't care what some highschool latin kid would have to say/ Just be yourself. Be a rockstar."

this is why I take credt for how good RDJ is in these movies. He listened to my advice.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Poligaf is slow tonight.

So is MLS gaf.

ufgh.

I need more things to bounce off of on my graduation drunk state

There were times before the primary where it'd take 2-3 days just to fill up one page of posts.

Now days I regularly skip full pages of stuff just cause there's so much of it.

Jonm1010

Banned
Fair points but that last decade was also 8 years of Obama and 06 was kinda Bush at the bottom of his polling where typically the opposition party gains large ground in mid terms.

I wouldn't be too quick to assume turn out will remain on the same relative trajectory when a much less inspiring candidate is front and center. I hope so though. The huge uptick in Latino registration is really encouraging. Hillary could help that with a strong Latino running mate.

Holmes

People are so dumb and uninformed about delegates on Twitter, and then round off their replies with "you're what's wrong with the media".

The ones that get really mad when they see a delegate list between Clinton and Sanders and call it propaganda are my favorite.

CCS

Banned
Nothing will ever be as stupid as Ed Miliband standing in front of a quite literal tombstone with his policies on it:

JS62611537.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom