• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

ampere

Love the posts about the national debt! It's such a misunderstood topic it's good to see discussion about it.

As long as inflation outpaces the interest rate on national debt the U.S. is effectively making money by carrying debt.

While the whole thing overall is a bit counter-intuitive, I think this statement is a good way to get the general point across. Debt isn't irrelevant, but it's a small piece in the puzzle

The checkbook is only infinite if you don't care about inflation.

Inflation is inevitable, but should be managed.

royalan

Huh. This HIV/AIDS activist is on MSNBC complaining that the Sanders campaign is giving his team the cold shoulder (when even the Trump campaign has spoken to them) and calls his policies on the matter vague relative to Clinton's. I'm wondering what's making it hard for the Sanders campaign to respond. *scratches head*

I think there are points in this article that are worthy of debate but it does bring up the inherent conflict between "socially liberally, fiscally conservative".

Was watching that interview. Disgusting to hear this from the campaign that has the gall to claim it's for the people. This, combined with his neglect of black activists in his home state, really just drive home that Sanders does not care about minority groups that aren't on his immediate radar. I mean, even the Trump campaign is reaching out? Just go home, Bernie.

So the idea that Benie would refocus on his message and not damaging Clinton or the Democratic party seems to have gone up in smoke. I understand they have to go through the grieving process, but it really does feel at this stage like he's causing damage and has no intention of trying to unify the party. At least in 2008 Clinton switched from attacking Obama when it was obvious she had lost.
This popped up in my Facebook feed today

*rolls eyes*

Oh and for any Marvel fans, Captain America Civil War was really good

Basically if you like the other Avengers/Captain America movies go see it.

#teamcapt

sgVj23t.gif

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Trump in apparent reverse on taxes for rich

Presumptive US Republican nominee Donald Trump has said taxes for rich people may have to go up in an apparent reversal of his stated policy.
"On my plan they're going down. But by the time it's negotiated, they'll go up," Mr Trump told ABC's This Week.

He also apparently reversed his position on the minimum wage, telling the programme: "I'm allowed to change."

There's pivoting, and there's pivoting.

120v

So the idea that Benie would refocus on his message and not damaging Clinton or the Democratic party seems to have gone up in smoke. I understand they have to go through the grieving process, but it really does feel at this stage like he's causing damage and has no intention of trying to unify the party. At least in 2008 Clinton switched from attacking Obama when it was obvious she had lost.

not really... she rode out the primary well after it was clear there was no path for her. people were pretty livid about it

lot of paralells between this primary in the last. kind of amused by the role reversals

One of the most cringeworthy things I've heard this cycle was Bernie saying two days ago he would protest with people as president. I get it, dude. But c'mon.

I think he likes protesting.

One of the most cringeworthy things I have heard this cycle was Cruz's concession speech after New York, saying America has always been at her best when she's lying with her back down on the mat.

Yes, that's called rising interest rates as discussed above.
You seem to be assuming changing spending quickly is easy to do.

Like do you think Japan is doing fine? They still have low interest rates yet they have over 250% debt to GDP ratio. It's only a matter of time.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You seem to be assuming changing spending quickly is easy to do.

Like do you think Japan is doing fine? They still have low interest rates yet they have over 250% debt to GDP ratio. It's only a matter of time.

Japan's problems are way more complicated than that.

Zornack

She was 30 when the first movie came out so I think there's a very good chance she actually likes the movies

Millennials thinking Star Wars is "theirs" is so strange. My 65 year old dad was more excited for episode 7 than anybody else I knew.

You have to be at least in your 40s today to have seen episode 4 at release.

Maledict

not really... she rode out the primary well after it was clear there was no path for her. people were pretty livid about it

lot of paralells between this primary in the last. kind of amused by the role reversals

After Indiana Clinton refocussed on the message rather than attacking Obama. Whilst she wasn't mathematically eliminated, everyone knew it was over and she sharply toned down the rhetoric. Bernie is doing the opposite, and continues to try and deligitimise the entire DNC and Clinton as a candidate.

It's going to be interesting to see if this attitude is how GOP politicians get elected now OR how much of it was Donald Trump being Donald Trump.

It may take a long time before we know.

royalan

Maledict

Japan has many problems, but are you denying that their debt is one of them?

Japan's debt is mostly held internally - and they still borrow at extremely low interest rates. Japan has far bigger issues with deflation, lack of growth and population demographics. It's debt is way down the list to be honest compared to the far bigger issues it faces.

ivysaur12

Banned
So, um I mostly lurk this thread because your elections are fun to watch.

But I feel I need to point out that the Trump supporting, Palin backed candidate for congress Paul Nehlen is an anagram for HUELEN-plan. Running on that executive order 11110.

Just sayin'.

!!!!!!

But I feel I need to point out that the Trump supporting, Palin backed candidate for congress Paul Nehlen is an anagram for HUELEN-plan. Running on that executive order 11110.

Just sayin'.

I did not expect to see this once.

paulnehlen.com/paul-ryan-betrayal/
paulnehlen
paln uehlen
PLAN HUELEN

And I definitely didn't expect to see it twice.

Holy shit. Huelen, explain yoself.

ivysaur12

Banned
It's going to be interesting to see if this attitude is how GOP politicians get elected now OR how much of it was Donald Trump being Donald Trump.

It may take a long time before we know.

I'm curious too, though I think Bernie and Trump have both effectively killed any future trade deals by making those positions mainstream in their party.

The arm wrestling tho...

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
One of the most cringeworthy things I've heard this cycle was Bernie saying two days ago he would protest with people as president. I get it, dude. But c'mon.

I think he likes protesting.
He's fully bought into the idea that he's America's savior.

And yeah, protesting is exactly what he's about. It's so easy for him since it's devoid of responsibility for the hard choices, prioritizing, and compromising necessary to actually lead the country, or hell, even just lead a party.

ampere

He's fully bought into the idea that he's America's savior.

And yeah, protesting is exactly what he's about. It's so easy for him since it's devoid of responsibility for the hard choices, prioritizing, and compromising necessary to actually lead the country, or hell, even just lead a party.

Yeah, he's a professional protester. Even in Congress, a lot of the times he's just protesting things and not actually getting anything done. Maybe he'll listen to Obama's speech on compromise and learn a thing or two... nah he won't.

srborlongan

Neo Member

Just sayin'.

paulnehlen.com/paul-ryan-betrayal/
paulnehlen
paln uehlen
PLAN HUELEN

I did not expect to see this once.

And I definitely didn't expect to see it twice.

Holy shit. Huelen, explain yoself.

We need to compare Paul Nehlen's site's textual content with HUELEN10's (http://thishereismona.pizza/) to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom