• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

mo60

Expect that "women" number to go up as time passes and he attacks Clinton.

It will be awesome if it increased to over 90% by election day. Hilary would probably get more states into her column if his unfavorability with women increased to a high level like that. I wonder if electoral vote models will eventually project Hilary to get 400EV's in this US election eventually.

Teggy

Same...it all seems too good to be true. This is going to be a looooong six months.

I think Bernie can squeak out a Cali win. He has a month left and I'm sure he's been spending a ton of cash there.

Even in unlikely the event he could somehow reverse a 10 point lead that hasn't budged in 5 months, it wouldn't make a difference in the grand scheme of things.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Ch-EMbUUgAIPYYE.jpg

vc5sq9I.gif

it's pretty easy when you have no games
>>>/v/

Cipherr

I think Bernie can squeak out a Cali win. He has a month left and I'm sure he's been spending a ton of cash there.

Winning Cali at this point still doesn't net him the nom. He is beyond the point where merely winning a state can hand him things. He cannot just win. He has to obliterate in that state to the point of a comical swing.

It's not happening.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Winning Cali at this point still doesn't net him the nom. He is beyond the point where merely winning a state can hand him things. He cannot just win. He has to obliterate in that state to the point of a comical swing.

It's not happening.

Assuming NJ and DC are a tie, he needs about 70% of the vote.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
What if they come at out as projected by polls? I assume they are the two largest delegate prizes remaining outside of Cali?

Edit: Nope NJ appears to be 2nd but DC pretty small.

Not much polling data, so I just used a tie erroring far on the worst case scenario for both. RCP puts it at 18.5, but it's only using 2 polls.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/st...linton-election-things-you-should-know-213875

Enjoy by Kyle and Geoff from Crystal Ball

1. A generic Republican might have been a favorite for the White House.
2. In a Clinton vs. Trump race, Clinton begins as the favorite.
3. Recent presidential elections have been relatively close in the popular vote. This one might not be.
4. The down-ballot consequences may be grim for Republicans
5. If the numbers change, the outlook needs to change.
Yoooooo.

#4. I had no idea turnout drop off was that bad in 2014 in less competitive states. Jesus, no wonder we got slaughtered. This is kind of the same as the point I've made before about states like Indiana, Georgia and Missouri dropping off in Obama support between 2008 and 2012 - it's not that they weren't competitive, it's that Obama just didn't bother competing.

If things don't change in Trump's favor, I agree that we'd see a repeat of that on the Republican side. Most people don't see past the top of the ticket. They'll vote party line once they're in the booth, but how many people are going to ass themselves with voting if they know their presidential candidate doesn't have a chance in hell?

I think from now on I'm going to remain bearish on Democrats winning the House. I wouldn't want to get my hopes up for the furthest possibility and ruin an otherwise great night.

Right now, interest rates are low - why aren't we doing a universal broadband project or a high-speed coast-to-coast railway or a space elevator? Now is the time.

I've actually hoped that Hillary (or another future Dem) would stop arguing for decreased military spending (it's way too entrenched) and instead just pull an Ike and redirect it to domestic infrastructure. In this day and age, it's not a hard sell at all to argue for better Internet or a sophisticated railway system as a military boost. Hell, the military is at the point where they're releasing people earlier than contract expiration because they're at capacity. Take those eager recruits, push them into training for the construction, and put them to work.

I know a Goldwater/Mondale blowout isn't really possible anymore, but this race could be a reversal of Bush vs. Dukakis. Trump is so loathed, it's insane.

It's not happening.

Yeah, and there's a good chance that he takes a huge blow 2 days before then in Puerto Rico. And then on that same day, he's likely to lose New Jersey and New Mexico. So it'll end up being a bad day for him anyway. He'll only have one contest left (and he'll lose it pretty badly), so he's done.

I cooked this up by setting each contest to be as favorable to him as I thought they could be (so several blowouts), but I left CA alone at 50/50. Then I just started giving him points in CA until he took the lead. And yeah, it's silly how he has to do there to pull out the win. Hillary's right to just move on from him. His reasonable supporters (most of them) will get on board on their own (since they're rational) while the other crazy ones can screw off (since they weren't votes worth courting anyway given the likelihood they'd vote at all).

Edit: lol, forgot my link http://DemRace.com/?share=TDmsJdEW

Sianos

Just a rant and not a response to any person in particular, but it's becoming increasingly frustrating having to explain to people why "I don't like Hillary, because she'll change her mind at a moment's notice; I don't like Trump, but I know he'll change his mind and do smart thing when the time comes" has sexist connotations, even if that's not their intention.

It both amuses and disappoints me that the same (few) self-proclaimed obnoxious "true liberals" I know in the meatsphere who were always levying purity tests against people and accusing others of not being "real feminists" whilst doing nothing to advance any cause beyond their own virtue signalling are the same ones who are attacking Clinton using flawed reasoning tainted by a climate of sexism. Its the same people who elevate their own sense of moral superiority yet for whom intersectionality is of no concern and its related issues pushed aside.

So the people (that I know) who always jumped at any chance to accuse people of not being "real feminists" (and by extension progressives) whenever it was pointed out that tangible things had to be done in order to achieve progressive goals didn't actually understand their own platform beyond trying to look good? And are now going against those causes because that's the new in vogue trend? I'm shocked!!

Thankfully, most liberals I know are reasonable and understand the step-by-step nature of advancing a political agenda. Most of them were Bernie supporters too, up until more news of his inevitable loss and his lack of a plan became clearer after which they ceded that they would support the Democratic nominee because she will work to advance their progressive goals.

It's not happening.
Yeah, I know this, but I was talking about a Cali win only. I hope he doesn't because I don't want to hear about the west coast being more liberal and whatnot.

I really think Hillary needs to go hard after voters with mental disabilities in this campaign. Hillary's plans with regards to the disabled are great and Trump hates the disabled so much. Bring up Trump attacking Rosie's depression.

edit: Also, (Captain America: Civil War spoilers)
Cap was right in the end, but Tony's decision making process was so much better than Cap's throughout the whole movie. Cap was way too libertarian.

Even in unlikely the event he could somehow reverse a 10 point lead that hasn't budged in 5 months, it wouldn't make a difference in the grand scheme of things.

Yeah, the problem for Bernie is the crazy margin that's going to keep going up if he fails to win the next four contests by huge numbers and this is a scenario where Hillary doesn't win any states at all until June 7th.

This isn't going to magically change. The great thing about Trump is that he wears his insecurities on his sleeve. He responds to any and every attack hurled at him, meaning he is never on message and has zero self control. This is why it'll be impossible for him to pivot. Warren, Obama, and others will have a field day agitating him. You just egg him on and sooner or later he'll go too far, as he did with his attacks on John McCain for instance. But whereas that didn't hurt him in the GOP primary it'll bury him in the general.

Watching "Have I Got News For You" covering Trump being the Republican nominee is making me laugh and laugh and laugh. Ian Hislop is my spirit animal.

I confess, I thoroughly abuse my PS3, spending by far the most time in just one app: the browser (I'd estimate, GAF (50%), YT Subs (40%; via XMB), ..., BBC News (1%) ).

I own a grand total of two physical PS3 games, UC 2 and GT 5, but they have a good layer of dust on them. I did manage to complete three digital games: Ico, Shadow of the Colusses and Dead Nation, however, that was by 11/14...

These days I'm more into watching TV shows and the odd movie via the Amazon PS3 app, which has excellent video / audio quality (did Netflix ditch 5.1 sound in PS3 app?), but a super clunky UI (Netflix's UI is way better). Amazon prime's movie selection isn't great, but I can't really grumble as snagged that $67 deal :).

Also. have 75 odd Blu-rays (and Critters (1-4), plus The Wraith DVDs), but it could be a bad sign, as I snapped up Back To The future trilogy for $25, and I haven't even taken off the shrink wrap - someday (first movie is first class).

Daniel B·;202981227 said:
I confess, I thoroughly abuse my PS3, spending by far the most time in just one app: the browser (I'd estimate, GAF (50%), YT Subs (40%; via XMB), ..., BBC News (1%) ).

Ugh, my launch PS3 just got the yellow light of death last week, with my Mary Poppins Blu-ray in the drive no less. I should be able to crack it open and retrieve the disc, but it's annoying to lose my primary disc/streaming/TV device. Now I have to run everything through the computer so I can't even game when the wife is Netflixing. BAH! The PS3 was such a fantastic console for non-gaming things. I mean, the games were fine too, but the variety of things you could do with a PS3 outside of gaming was revolutionary.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member

It's not happening.
What if the state he wins is the
united
state of
America
?!

Not so smart with all your maths now, are we?

Iolo

Daniel B·;202981227 said:
Also. have 75 odd Blu-rays (and Critters (1-4), plus The Wraith DVDs), but it could be a bad sign, as I snapped up Back To The future trilogy for $25, and I haven't even taken off the shrink wrap - someday (first movie is first class).

Watch Back to the Future 2 for a glimpse into what happens if you don't vote for Hillary

What if the state he wins is the
united
state of
America
?!

Not so smart with all your maths now, are we?

Sorry, no time to win California... too busy winning AMERICA

Anyway, I really did enjoy the advice. Although, all it has made me do is consider not voting at all, as it appears no matter the candidate, they all are fucked up one way or another. Perhaps, it is better just to believe what I believe, and push what I believe through the methods that are available to myself, rather than trying to find one out of a bunch of flawed candidates that fit my beliefs closest. Either way, I hope Hillary wins when it comes down to her versus Trump, as she is the better choice. Participation in this broken process may not be what's best in maintaining a sound mind this time around.

Perhaps in eight years the Democrats will have a better candidate.

I will definitely still be voting on the issues though. Marijuana legalization in California is everything dahling! Thank you.

tumblr_n4tdpqRPSv1twh0i1o1_500.gif

Worst case just vote Dem downticket

This isn't going to magically change. The great thing about Trump is that he wears his insecurities on his sleeve. He responds to any and every attack hurled at him, meaning he is never on message and has zero self control. This is why it'll be impossible for him to pivot. Warren, Obama, and others will have a field day agitating him. You just egg him on and sooner or later he'll go too far, as he did with his attacks on John McCain for instance. But whereas that didn't hurt him in the GOP primary it'll bury him in the general.

I think an underestimated part of it is that basically, every women between the ages of let's say, thirty five and seventy five who worked in a corporate environment has dealt with a manager like Trump who didn't get punished for their actions, even if they're a Republican. Even if they're a conservative. Hell, even if they're rich now.

I think we're going to see a lot of wives tell their husbands they're voting for Trump, but once they're in the ballot box...

Suikoguy

Watch Back to the Future 2 for a glimpse into what happens if you don't vote for Hillary

Lol. Or, perhaps a yuge protest vote for Jill Stein won't gift the presidency to Trump, but it would raise Hillary's eyebrow for a ms, and that ratio I quoted (1% progress) might shift by just as big a margin.

Daniel B·;202982891 said:
Lol. Or, perhaps a yuge protest vote for Jill Stein won't gift the presidency to Trump, but it would raise Hillary's eyebrow for a ms, and that ratio I quoted (1% progress) might shift by just as big a margin.

But, and I don't know why I'm posting this, what in the world could Hillary possibly do to convince anyone who's going to vote for Jill freaking Stein to instead vote for her? There's nothing. Anything she says will be treated as pandering, lies, or FRAUD. So, a protest vote to try and "punish" a corrupt candidate seems entirely pointless, no? Unless you're trying to send a message to the DNC. Which, the idea that a handful of votes to the Green party would make them turn against the Clintons is a bit far fetched.

Daniel B·;202975213 said:
Damn straight!

What is quite often overlooked regarding her private email server (wholly different from government employees who inappropriately used private email accounts, for government business) is why she wanted the server in the first place.

This is obvious to anyone who's followed the Clinton's previous times in office; being a private server, it is not covered by government oversight AND crucially FOI requests, so she is free to conduct her business dealings, such as with her tax exempt Clinton Foundation, without having to someday reveal what she was up to. Previously, FOI requests at least allowed us a glimpse of some of this activity, although, they apparently still haven't complied with all requests.

Anonymous recently released a well produced summary of the Clinton's many alleged indiscretions: Anonymous - Hillary Clinton: A Career Criminal.

Anyone care to guess the ratio of time and resources that the Clinton's would expend in the White House, helping themselves, their friends and political donors, as opposed to the American people, who they are solely supposed to be serving? I wouldn't be shocked if it turned out to be 99 / 1 (if you take into account where the many billions of government dollars were allocated, such as financing her hawkish positions on U.S. military action, overseas, as opposed to improving the lives of everyday Americans at home).

I bet no one in PoliGAF would argue that if Bernie were to become President, that ratio wouldn't just be reversed, he would spend virtually 100% of his efforts doing his very best to improve the lives of the vast majority of Americans, and using the office of President to feather his own families nest, or that of his friends, would be the farthest thing from his mind.

There is one thing the two Presidencies would have in common; they both would be beholden to their political donors, except in Bernie's case, that just happens to be the American people themselves, and not the special interests that make up the 0.1%...

Bernie is the only one who used campaign money from his millions of 27$ donors to take his family on a one day vacation to the Vatican

I also wouldn't try and play a tax card when it comes to Bernie. I'm not sure that's a rabbit hole anyone should go down....cause, we ain't never gonna see them returns. Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom