• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

ampere

Are Bill and Hillary going to be the first presidents to have banged? Or did our founding fathers have some crazy gay antics going on in the 1700s? Gay-GAF get on the case!

This isn't going to magically change. The great thing about Trump is that he wears his insecurities on his sleeve. He responds to any and every attack hurled at him, meaning he is never on message and has zero self control. This is why it'll be impossible for him to pivot. Warren, Obama, and others will have a field day agitating him. You just egg him on and sooner or later he'll go too far, as he did with his attacks on John McCain for instance. But whereas that didn't hurt him in the GOP primary it'll bury him in the general.

I bet he never apologizes to McCain, which is really bizarre, but also very Trump. Why would you shit on someone for being a PoW... c'mon son.

My brother was talking tonight about how "Trump is a good businessman and you can't argue that" lol. Gonna have to share some of this with him. (he'd never vote for Trump, but for some reason that criticism of Trump wasn't valid to him in our discussion tonight)

Someone posted this in the GoT thread and it's just killing me...

GettyImages-156732208.jpg

lol

HUELEN10

You know that DINO Sanders Delegate I posted about earlier?

She fucking won AND was so irresponsible for running in the first place, preventing an actual Democrat for Bernie winning instead, all while not having any funds or plans for transportation to Philadelphia to begin with.

She wants to take her win to indiegogo to see if she would be able to afford to get there that way. Jesus wept...

Why would you be so irresponsible to run knowing you have no means to get there?

So I called my mum yesterday my mum yesterday to wish her a happy Mother's Day, and the conversation briefly turned to the US elections. She then asked me who I wanted to win, and asked if it was Sanders. Never have I been so insulted by my own mother

HUELEN10

So I called my mum yesterday my mum yesterday to wish her a happy Mother's Day, and the conned satin briefly turned to the US elections. She then asked me who I wanted to win, and asked if it was Sanders. Never have I been so insulted by my own mother
Everyone's different, mothers, children, I bet someone would feel the exact same way you felt had their mother said Clinton or Trump.

You know that DINO Sanders Delegate I posted about earlier?

She fucking won AND was so irresponsible for running in the first place, preventing an actual Democrat for Bernie winning instead, all while not having any funds or plans for transportation to Philadelphia to begin with.

She wants to take her win to indiegogo to see if she would be able to afford to get there that way. Jesus wept...

Why would you be so irresponsible to run knowing you have no means to get there?

I think the DNC should have some type of assistance program to help lower income people get to the convention as delegates if they are selected. I don't know feasible it would be, and there are probably laws against it....but some type of assistance program or something should exist.

HUELEN10

I think the DNC should have some type of assistance program to help lower income people get to the convention as delegates if they are selected. I don't know feasible it would be, and there are probably laws against it....but some type of assistance program or something should exist.

But it doesn't, and it's incredibly irresponsible to run when you don't even know if you will be able to get there. I mean, why the fuck did she run instead of support another Bernie Delegate not he ballot who actually has the finds ready to go?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
So I called my mum yesterday my mum yesterday to wish her a happy Mother's Day, and the conned satin briefly turned to the US elections. She then asked me who I wanted to win, and asked if it was Sanders. Never have I been so insulted by my own mother

What did you do to con your mom, and why do you call her satin?

Not nearly as good as Adam's phone typing mishap

Was the only point of this post to tell others in a mostly hillary supporter thread about how much you hate sanders lol?

I'm getting pretty sick of the democratic primary and can't wait for clinton to wrap things up (even though i support bernie).

But it doesn't, and it's incredibly irresponsible to run when you don't even know if you will be able to get there. I mean, why the fuck did she run instead of support another Bernie Delegate not he ballot who actually has the finds ready to go?

Maybe for the same reason Bernie is staying in the race when he can't win? I agree she probably shouldn't have run if she couldn't get there. It's why I don't ever try to run for things that would require me to drive or whatever because I don't drive.

I do feel like this is something the DNC should be involved with, though. Definitely not the campaigns, because then it would be paying supporters. But, if the DNC could set up some type of fund to encourage lower income, disadvantaged or those who lack transportation to run for delegate positions.

Thank goodness we're all out of cock uses this cycle. Mostly.

Lol. Autocorrect is proof that the devil exists.

Was the only point of this post to tell others in a mostly hillary supporter thread about how much you hate sanders lol?

I'm getting pretty sick of the democratic primary and can't wait for clinton to wrap things up (even though i support bernie).

Pretty much. Not particularly helpful, I admit. I'm just letting out frustrations that the democratic base is more interested in idiotic squabbles over a fight that's already over, rather than focusing on actually winning the GE.

I've long considered the Dems as being experts at grasping defeat from the jaws of victory, and the BernieOrBust movement is the latest manifestation of the American left's overpowering desire to lose winnable fights.

It's pretty awkward when you're the only one in your liberal friend group who supports Hilary. Luckily none of them are the crazed Bernie or Bust people. It was pretty nice at the beginning where it felt like everyone was happy to have two good democratic candidates running to stop whatever dumpster fire the GOP started. I don't really remember at what point that kind of soured and the conspiracy theories started

HUELEN10

Maybe for the same reason Bernie is staying in the race when he can't win?

Except he can.
I agree she probably shouldn't have run if she couldn't get there. It's why I don't ever try to run for things that would require me to drive or whatever because I don't drive.

I do feel like this is something the DNC should be involved with, though. Definitely not the campaigns, because then it would be paying supporters. But, if the DNC could set up some type of fund to encourage lower income, disadvantaged or those who lack transportation to run for delegate positions.
She's a college professor though. Would look bad a for a college professor to need fund money to get there, for something she shouldn't have ran for in the first place.
It's pretty awkward when you're the only one in your liberal friend group who supports Hilary. Luckily none of them are the crazed Bernie or Bust people.
Low blow, that was uncalled for. Do I look crazy to you?

Lol. Autocorrect is proof that the devil exists.

Pretty much. Not particularly helpful, I admit. I'm just letting out frustrations that the democratic base is more interested in idiotic squabbles over a fight that's already over, rather than focusing on actually winning the GE.

I've long considered the Dems as being experts at grasping defeat from the jaws of victory, and the BernieOrBust movement is the latest manifestation of the American left's overpowering desire to lose winnable fights.

Welcome to humanity, tribes within tribes within tribes sadly. I think the dems have the election in a pretty good spot all things considered though so you shouldn't worry too much. There will be plenty of crow for all if things turn sour before or after the election

Except he can.

She's a college professor though. Would look bad a for a college professor to need fund money to get there, for something she shouldn't have ran for in the first place.

You don't want me to answer that.

I just want to announce some new conventions we should follow on Poligaf.

If you've got breaking news, put NEWS in the title. If you've got a poll (macho) put POLL in the title. Lastly, if you've got an interview or gossip or TYT video or something like that, put it in the TRASH.
Execute Plan Huelen.

Except he can.

Just because you're a college professor doesn't mean you're intelligent or good with money. Trust. I had some professors who didn't know their butt from a hole int he ground.

I just want to announce some new conventions we should follow on Poligaf.

If you've got breaking news, put NEWS in the title. If you've got a poll (macho) put POLL in the title. Lastly, if you've got an interview or gossip or TYT video or something like that, put it in the TRASH.

Execute Plan Huelen.

What if the poll is news and the story broke on TYT and we want to gossip about it.

Where's your god now, Kristoffer?

Just because you're a college professor doesn't mean you're intelligent or good with money. Trust. I had some professors who didn't know their butt from a hole int he ground.

Also, being a college professor can easily mean you're an adjunct barely making enough to pay your student loan payment.

Plan Huelen?
So, um I mostly lurk this thread because your elections are fun to watch.

But I feel I need to point out that the Trump supporting, Palin backed candidate for congress Paul Nehlen is an anagram for HUELEN-plan. Running on that executive order 11110.

Just sayin'.

paulnehlen.com/paul-ryan-betrayal/
paulnehlen
paln uehlen
PLAN HUELEN

I did not expect to see this once.

And I definitely didn't expect to see it twice.

Holy shit. Huelen, explain yoself.

We need to compare Paul Nehlen's site's textual content with HUELEN10's (http://thishereismona.pizza/) to begin with.
What if the poll is news and the story broke on TYT and we want to gossip about it.

Where's your god now, Kristoffer?
I'm bisexual. We don't believe in God.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
How did I miss that?
I read like every page too.

Thanks berzeli, you are welcome here whenever you want.

HUELEN10

An anagram is why people think plan Huelen is a thing...

And they call ME crazy? I know I drive people to drink, but it is people who believe in stuff like this who are mad. Also, wow, people know about http://thishereismona.pizza/? Awesome. Plan Huelen is yet another reason why I've started going on as Redhead On Moped, that and the fact that I am not brazilian, ands I was tired of people making that joke.

Guis ima let you get back to politics... But Surge and pear vodka is amazing. You'll be flying and crashing at once
Its like touch in NY the face of Hillary. Werk Yasss.
You'll thank me later or maybe your liver will explode. I don't know. I'm not a doctor.

HUELEN10

If you're a Trump voter, primary or not, you are a deeply irresponsible person.

Closing thought for today.

An act that would make you an even more irresponsible person than a person who makes a well-thought and much-considered vote for Trump would be a person who is not voting for the reason of simply not giving a shit who becomes president. Kristoffer thought me that, and it is something to consider.

Chichikov

Guis ima let you get back to politics... But Surge and pear vodka is amazing. You'll be flying and crashing at once
You'll thank me later or maybe your liver will explode. I don't know. I'm not a doctor.
Pear vodka?
That's not how you celebrate success right.
Congratulation, you played yourself.

Such bad taste in everything

alcohol, pizza, etc

An act that would make you an even more irresponsible person than a well-thought and considered vote for Trump would be not voting for reason of simply not giving a shit who becomes president. Kristoffer thought me that, and it is something to consider.

Better to sit out than vote Trump.

But better overall to vote Clinton

HUELEN10

Better to sit out than vote Trump.

But better overall to vote Clinton
The same can be said for Trump, just reverse the names. You know all those people who are voting Clinton and can't stand Trump? There might be as many people who feel the exact opposite. Bothe of these people are making entirely valid choices.

The same can be said for Trump, just reverse the names. You know all those people who are voting Clinton and can't stand Trump? There might be as many people who feel the exact opposite. Bothe of these people are making entirely valid choices.
No. You are acting irresponsibly if you vote Trump. That's what it is.

Holmes

Yoooooo.

#4. I had no idea turnout drop off was that bad in 2014 in less competitive states. Jesus, no wonder we got slaughtered. This is kind of the same as the point I've made before about states like Indiana, Georgia and Missouri dropping off in Obama support between 2008 and 2012 - it's not that they weren't competitive, it's that Obama just didn't bother competing.

If things don't change in Trump's favor, I agree that we'd see a repeat of that on the Republican side. Most people don't see past the top of the ticket. They'll vote party line once they're in the booth, but how many people are going to ass themselves with voting if they know their presidential candidate doesn't have a chance in hell?

I think from now on I'm going to remain bearish on Democrats winning the House. I wouldn't want to get my hopes up for the furthest possibility and ruin an otherwise great night.
Nevada Dems just totally gave up in 2014. Did not show up at all. I mean, even if they did, Sandoval would've won, but it allowed Hardy to squeak in to a victory. Take a look at the downballot and state legislature races too to get depressed about Dem turnout in 2014 in Nevada.

I'm optimistic that Dems are out-registering Republicans in Nevada. It seems to be a safe Democratic state in Presidential elections, especially this year, and it has the potential to become similar to California in terms of voting, but unless the state's Democrats get serious and committed to voting in midterms, Republicans will continue to rule the state.

We have every right to critique someone voting for Trump as an invalid choice, as much as a person has a right to make that choice. Trump is a fucking buffoon and I seriously question the judgment of anyone who casts a ballot for him.

Nevada Dems just totally gave up in 2014. Did not show up at all. I mean, even if they did, Sandoval would've won, but it allowed Hardy to squeak in to a victory. Take a look at the downballot and state legislature races too to get depressed about Dem turnout in 2014 in Nevada.
Yup. Lost the House, lost the Senate, lost a safe Congressional seat. Fucking ridiculous.

Suikoguy

The way Trump takes everything so personally, and can't let anything go should disqualify him on that basis alone. That is not the temperament of a leader or President.
Only a few Republican opinion writers seem to get this key fact, and understand why they should not support him in any way.
Many others dislike him for other reasons, but they don't home in on this issue as much as they should. They attack him from the right, like they always do.

Voting for Trump is not a valid choice.

Holmes

The only two interesting primaries remaining are Kentucky and California. The former because it's the only really competitive one remaining, and the latter because it's the biggest primary contest and it's California after all.

pigeon

Banned

I dunno where this idea came from.

You have the right to cast your vote for any dumb reason you please, because you're an American*. Nobody can take that right away from you.

But just because you have the right to do something does not make it a "valid choice." You have the right to do all kinds of things that are actually stupid and terrible ideas that people will rightly criticize and yell at you for. You don't have the right to not be told that you're an idiot. Not in America!

* who is not under the age of 21, nor not a naturalized citizen for some reason, nor a currently serving felon, nor a convicted felon in most states, nor lacking a mailing address or otherwise too poor/disenfranchised to navigate the voter registration process in your state. Also there might be something here about Native Americans, I actually don't really know.

Nope

Only one of them is a white supremacist

You want to vote for him? Go for it. But no one is going to coddle you and tell you that it's ok and right to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom