• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there goes the fantasy/sci-fi genres. :(

Er, no. Transcriptions of dreams are not stories. They don't have much of a narrative. It's usually a mess of unrelated things that your brain has tried to piece together into some form of narrative, but they don't fit.

A dream is like a bunch of random jigsaw pieces that have been hammered together. That doesn't mean one can't inspire a great story. They just don't pass muster as stories in the light of the day, even if they can be compelling, funny, scary, or heart wrenching as we're experiencing them.

User1608

Banned
Darn it, more payment method issues for Uncharted 4:SE so it's gonna be a bit before I get to play it. gonna try to fix it again.;_; at least I get to finish 3 HD though!

Uncharted 4 is great. I bet Bernie likes it.
But Drake is the 1%! It's his image, at least! I think! ...I don't play the series. At least by the look of his house he's in the ">$250,000 a year gets a tax hike" range. Probably has some offshore assets?

More on-topic, I'm looking forward to in another decade or so it becoming 100% normal for candidates for Senate and President to have answers to the question of what video games they 1) like, and 2) enjoyed when they were younger. Rubio admitting he likes EDM was already a step in the direction of "even vaguely able to express social familiarity with millennials." This even got my father's attention! A couple years ago I saw a flashy S-tier DJ with him for the hell of it and his overall takeaway was "I wish disco had been this exciting back in my day."

More data from PPP. They had Clinton up 42-38 on Trump in the polling previewed on Maddow's show last night, but that was in an open field with Johnson and Stein. In a head to head she's up 47-41 nationally.

Her margins over Trump at least in the short term are going to depend on how Sanders decides to exit the stage.

Democrats overwhelming like and it probably will increase over time, independents and Republicans don't at all. That is probably the reason her favorablities are low. Some of those independents lean Democrat, but are still holding out or still supporting Bernie. Once she becomes the official nominee I'm sure it might go up when rest of the Democrats go to her and some more independents.

I don't think Stein or Johnson will get a lot more of the vote. Stein will get her typically number of voters will more will be Bernie supporters, but it'll be very little of that support. The white blue collar workers that supports Bernie will got to Hillary, and most of the younger voters will go to her too.Johnson will probably get the small chunk of the young vote that lean conservative,are libertarian, and ones that vote Republican.

Iolo

Is there going to be a chat tonight? I can't make it if there is because stupid work...but I'm sure we all expect Bernie to win relatively comfortably. I'm surprised Tyler and Bing made it appear closer than I thought.

I still think Bernie takes it by double digits. If it's less than 20, though, I'll be ecstatic.

It'll probably be 30+.

Meanwhile, in other purity news, it's not enough to move Clinton left, she must adopt 100% of Bernie's views:

“Secretary Clinton’s proposal to let the American people buy into Medicare is a step in the right direction, but just like her support for a $12 minimum wage, it is not good enough,” Bernie Sanders says in statement to Bloomberg Politics.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/t...on-s-medicare-buy-in-proposal-not-good-enough

So has there been any polling in orgeon?

I expect my home state go to Bernie since its one of the whitest states in the union.
Help definitely win. I would think it would be somewhat less than his win in Washington since that was a caucus. Help do well. I'm not sure what his current benchmarks are supposed to be though.

ampere

Hillary is extremely likable. This is the weirdest argument ever. What is unlikable about her?

Hillary also doesn't really... embellish her plans very much. Bernie takes the "Hope and Change" thing and turns it up to 11 with a bunch of impossible proposals, but Hillary dials it back a bit to a more realistic campaign. Result is less "sexy", and not to mention she isn't the charismatic public speaker that Obama is.

It might be mostly Republican attacks over the past 30 years and sexism though. I'm not sure. Really hard to figure out why she's so disliked by non-bigots. If you're a bigot yea of course you're gonna dislike her, but otherwise... policy differences? Crazy stuff like blaming her for every death during her SoS term? Emails? Who knows

Nathan Drake y'all. I don't know who the singer Drake really is. I'm sure he's hot too though.
Drake only looks like he's in a videogame sometimes

maxresdefault.jpg

So has there been any polling in orgeon?

I expect my home state go to Bernie since its one of the whitest states in the union.

I don't think there has been, cause why would you? Oregon is extremely favorable to Bernie, it's not worth very many delegates and it's so late in the calendar that the race is already fundamentally over. No one wants to pay for a meaningless poll here.

Ophelion

PoliGAF will be proud to know I got branded "The Hillary Clinton" in a game of Secret Hitler the other night. I got the Liberal role and no one in the game could mistake me otherwise. I was very clear and communicative with other players and was constantly reinforcing my excellent Liberal voting record. Had those fascists on the ropes. Alas, they got a perfect chain of events. The secret Hitler was president when assassinations started and he murdered my second in command and put me in a situation where I had to either make him Chancellor or his other fascist crony Chancellor, either way they'd win the game. Sucked. Wasn't my fault. Still came out of the game feeling like I'd failed the liberal cause.

Anyway, despite it ending on kind of a sour note, it was a fun game I'd recommend for like election night parties or whatever.

Degrassi was almost like a videogame.

I loved watching and pointing out the occasional thing that reminded you that the show was shot in Canada.

Like how they bowl with only five pins tied to strings.

Expect to see more polls that show zero desire to push undecideds with 20 percent undecided to show a tight 41-39 dead heat.

Pollsters can't help but capitalize on this.

benjipwns

Banned
Her campaigns' hit job lies about Bernie's ready to be enacted day one health care legislation might even put her coronation in danger.

People are waking up to establishment scams like this "Tax Policy Center" front for the Clinton Foundation.

Iolo

Her campaigns' hit job lies about Bernie's ready to be enacted day one health care legislation might even put her coronation in danger.

People are waking up to establishment scams like this "Tax Policy Center" front for the Clinton Foundation.

Why even wait until day one to enact it? That's establishment thinking. The American people need relief now.

benjipwns

Banned
Why even wait until day one to enact it? That's establishment thinking. The American people need relief now.
Day Zero is for the culling of traditional society and culture to make way for the revolutionary regime.

This is a scientific process proven by dialectical and historical materialism.

gcubed

when does bernie announce his transition team?

benjipwns

Banned
Ted Cruz floated the possibility of restarting his presidential campaign if he wins Nebraska’s GOP primary on Tuesday and avoided saying whether he supports Donald Trump's bid for president.

Cruz, who suspended his White House run last week, said he does not expect to win Nebraska's primary but is leaving the door open.

"We launched this campaign intending to win. The reason we suspended our campaign was that with the Indiana loss, I felt there was no path to victory," he said Tuesday on conservative host Glenn Beck's radio program.

"If that changes, we will certainly respond accordingly."
zodiac

hawk2025

I actually forgot there were primaries today

As did I, but mostly because Uncharted 4 is arriving at any time and I have little to no work to do today!

Also, the Vox thread on OT regarding the oligarchy study only got 16 replies, so that died before I could really get into it and in the mood for politics today :/

CCS, you only get a couple of points for a twist on the Samantha Bee tweet :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom