• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
LGBT isn't even in the Democratic platform from 2008

and Transgender isn't mentioned in the platform from 2012.

The progress is unprecedented

See the Dems don't do what they say they will!!!!111

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
LGBT isn't even in the Democratic platform from 2008

and Transgender isn't mentioned in the platform from 2012.

The progress is unprecedented

We're moving faster than the party can actually update it's platform, it's crazy. I think only part of it's the internet though. It just feels like everything lined up perfectly over the last few decades and we're just reaping all the benefits right now.

AntoneM

Yeah while their sitting in France and the UK which is dismaintiling their labor rights in one and destroying their public welfare in the other.

Don't.

This already happens everytime some european gets thrown in jail or deported for saying a joke (unless he's insulting islam when free speech is of utmost importance!)

I love europe, I'm just so sick of their superiority complex.

I won't because I understand that different nations and regions need different rules. It just would be a nice change of pace. If I was more than tempted I would just do it, because I'm American, lol.

We're moving faster than the party can actually update it's platform, it's crazy. I think only part of it's the internet though. It just feels like everything lined up perfectly over the last few decades and we're just reaping all the benefits right now.

Its the snowball of empathy. Once you start its hard to stop.

To be honest I think all these things, Black Lives Matters, the LGBT movement, Women's rights, etc all are working off each other. Once you start seeing a gay person as human you see a black man as human, then a transgender person as human then a women as human.

And once you see discrimination one place you see it in another, and another, and another and work to stop it.

Someone posted a poll in that thread where most people were for people using their assigned gender. I'm guessing in two months that changes

Edit: it also is people of a certain age who are leading the opposition are beinging to be numerically outnumbered and I think that happened around 2012ish. Straight white 45+ voters can't decide national elections so they don't have veto power anymore

User1608

Banned

To be honest I think all these things, Black Lives Matters, the LGBT movement, Women's rights, etc all are working off each other. Once you start seeing a gay person as human you see a black man as human, then a transgender person as human then a women as human.

And once you see discrimination one place you see it in another, and another, and another and work to stop it.

Someone posted a poll in that thread where most people were for people using their assigned gender. I'm guessing in two months that changes

Edit: it also is people of a certain age who are leading the opposition are beinging to be numerically outnumbered and I think that happened around 2012ish. Straight white 45+ voters can't decide national elections so they don't have veto power anymore
Great and beautiful post. Love the empathy theme to it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Once you see discrimination one place you see it in another.

I was trying to word a metaphor with a broken dam and some floodwaters but it just wouldn't come. I'm going to keep working on it.

I totally agree with you though. Everything is working off everything else and a lot of credit needs to go to activists for setting that up and seeing that they all benefit from one group's success. A series of dominoes has been set up and we're just seeing them all go at once.

NeoXChaos

I remember a thread where a BritGAF saying "You guys were dumb enough to reelect George W Bush" and the guy he was responding to said "Well at least we have a choice. You live in a monarch and have no choice in who your leader is"

I am so sick of the "omg the US allows this?" shit posts in every damn minority/lgbt/stupid thing some Floridian did threads.

And of the enablers too who respond seriously as if accepting the premise as correct somehow absolves them of certain wrong doings and makes them some moral superior special angel

Pretty much gun threads are the only acceptable place for that. Otherwise glass houses and all that.

The whole European superiority complex really should've taken a hit in the past year when half the continent starting sounding like Strom Thurmond when they talk about Muslim refugees.

I remember a thread where a BritGAF saying "You guys were dumb enough to reelect George W Bush" and the guy he was responding to said "Well at least we have a choice. You live in a monarch and have no choice in who your leader is"

I mean they elected tony blair who supported the same damn war, then after barely electing a labour seat filler went right to david cameron.

The whole European superiority complex really should've taken a hit in the past year when half the continent starting sounding like Strom Thurmond when they talk about Muslim refugees.

France is going to go right, the uk as a right leaning government till at least 2020 and probably 2025. The netherlands is going right, germany, etc, etc.

Nevermind their unemployment and refugee crisis.

I don't think europe is going to be a crap hole or is worse but, again, glasshouses.

What's funny is how so much of Europe's "superiority" is built around the U.S. military-industrial complex unilaterally upholding global security, freeing revenue and political capital to go toward other goals, yet there is so little appreciation of this. I for one am happy the U.S. is trying to pivot toward closer relationships with the crucible of growth and innovation that is Asia, because frankly, the U.S.-European alliance feels very much like a relic to me, much of the time.

France is going to go right, the uk as a right leaning government till at least 2020 and probably 2025. The netherlands is going right, germany, etc, etc.

Nevermind their unemployment and refugee crisis.

I don't think europe is going to be a crap hole or is worse but, again, glasshouses.

Cosigned.

What's funny is how so much of Europe's "superiority" is built around the U.S. military-industrial complex unilaterally upholding global security, freeing revenue and political capital to go toward other goals, yet there is so little appreciation of this. I for one am happy the U.S. is trying to pivot toward closer relationships with the crucible of growth and innovation that is Asia, because frankly, the U.S.-European alliance feels very much like a relic to me, much of the time.

Also this.

There are times when I feel revenge is bad as policy and then there are times when I feel like the abused in a relationship with domestic violence should be able to take a baseball bat to their abuser without consequences.

HUELEN10

And now I just read about Trump's racists Butler.

I'm not one to judge people solely on the people around them, and I've said it time and again that Trump is horrible and a shitheel of a person, but damn it, it's becoming too much. If he had my vote (at this stage of the game, it's Sanders or Trump for me after all), wouldn't it also be a victory for the shitty people around him who are actually really, really garbage people? This development, that video, Sanders allegedly running out of funds? What a week.

Like, I don't wanna sound like a debbie downer, but for me personally, if Sanders loses, I might write him in the general kinda like I did in the 2008 election (I voted for Ron Paul in that general).

I'm not one to judge people solely on the people around them, and I've said it time and again that Trump is horrible and a shitheel of a person, but damn it, it's becoming too much. If he had my vote (at this stage of the game, it's Sanders or Trump for me after all), wouldn't it also be a victory for the shitty people around him who are actually really, really garbage people? This development, that video, Sanders allegedly running out of funds? What a week.

Like, I don't wanna sound like a debbie downer, but for me personally, if Sanders loses, I might write him in the general kinda like I did in the 2008 election (I voted for Ron Paul in that general).

This is what we call "on brand."

So you're still voting for trump?

Crayons

Banned
some GAF posts make me want to drink

giphy.gif

royalan

I want her campaign to focus on the South, Southeast, and Southwest, as she'll have traditionally blue regions locked up before June.

I want her to get a record number of Latinos registered. I want her to expose Trump as amoral and anti-religious to the fundamentalist base. I want her to completely eviscerate him in every major metropolitan area in this country. #TeamTotalAnnihilation.

Trump has done a good enough job exposing himself. He's been unapologetically vulgar all primary, and he referred to II Corinthians as "Two Corinthians." That should be as egregious to religious fundamentalists as "basketball ring" was to Hoosiers. LOL

This primary has proven what was already obvious: a lot of evangelicals care more about nationalism than they do those religious principles.

I've had some success explaining the US political system to outside observers, but the key is to try and quickly figure out if the person is open to learning or just looking for a way to feel superior to the "dumb Americans."

HUELEN10

So you're still voting for trump?

Sanders or Trump, one of the 2 definitely. I am not not voting though, Kristoffer inspired me of how important it is to vote, because not voting means you don't care, but I do care. Without Kristoffer, I would have never even considered actually, seriously voting for that scumbag, but now after weeks of new revelations and just seeing the type of vile people he seems to attract, it's almost a sick thought to even consider it. Yes, there are a handful of things I like about him, but the bad outlays the good 15-fold for me at this point, at least.

Kristoffer if you are reading this, I thank you for inspiring me with how important it is to vote instead of sitting out, but you gotta admit, it's not easy.

I mean seriously, that rally video, his fucking butler is racist. You think I want to purposefully be associated with racists? With queerphobes? With discriminatory bigots? Of course not. I've been marginalized and discriminated against for my race and my gender, I have no protection for my orientation. I've been a victim, why would I want to seem like I enable the offenders simply because a of handful of things I like about the guy. I mean, I have strong feelings about our veterans and being anti-top, but at the end of the day, that's not enough good to overshadow all the bad.

Not gonna lie, poliGAF has opened my eyes and has helped me stay more in touch about not just the candidates, but the people and movements around them, and how they could have an effect. i consider this very valuable, and a good citizen should stay well-informed after all, but all the information can be overwhelming. I wanna thank the lot of you who have brought great discussion and resource, not mere attacks or fanboyism, into this thread. Thanks to you guys, I've considered things I perhaps wouldn't have considered before. You are good people.

Sanders or Trump, one of the 2 definitely. I am not not voting though, Kristoffer inspired me of how important it is to vote, because not voting means you don't care, but I do care. Without Kristoffer, I would have never even considered actually, seriously voting for that scumbag, but now after weeks of new revelations and just seeing the type of vile people he seems to attract, it's almost a sick thought to even consider it. Yes, there are a handful of things I like about him, but the bad outlays the good 15-fold for me at this point, at least.

Kristoffer if you are reading this, I thank you for inspiring me with how important it is to vote instead of sitting out, but you gotta admit, it's not easy.

So you're voting for trump...

Sander's isn't going to be on the ballot and any vote for him eliminates a Hillary vote and is a de-facto vote for trump

I mean seriously, that rally video, his fucking butler is racist. You think I want to purposefully be associated with racists? With queerphobes? With discriminatory bigots? Of course not.

So what you are saying is that you are clueless about what you actually want?

I mean seriously, that rally video, his fucking butler is racist. You think I want to purposefully be associated with racists? With queerphobes? With discriminatory bigots? Of course not.

Then dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon't dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttt

NeoXChaos

-Not voting is a vote for Trump
-Voting for Trump is a Vote for Trump
-Voting Third Party is effectively a vote for Trump

Not gonna lie, poliGAF has opened my eyes and has helped me stay more in touch about not just the candidates, but the people and movements around them, and how they could have an effect. i consider this very valuable, and a good citizen should stay well-informed after all, but all the information can be overwhelming.

Then vote for Hillary. Is casting a ballot for her going to kill you? No. Geesh your putting too much emotional feelings into this.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/the-trump-gop-feud-lives-on-223150
For an hour, the Republican Party’s presumptive nominee sat face to face with House Speaker Paul Ryan, who just a week ago surprised Trump by declaring he couldn’t yet support his candidacy. And soon after it was over, both men issued a statement expressing optimism about working together – Ryan saying he was “very encouraged” and Trump calling it a “great meeting.”

But those platitudes are window dressing, a temporary distraction from the still-real rift dividing the GOP’s intellectual class personified by Ryan and the frustrated, blue-collar base that has anointed a billionaire populist as the party’s new standard-bearer.

Indeed, while Trump, Ryan and RNC Chairman Reince Priebus have spent the last week trying to tell the country that there’s nothing to see here, there is, in fact, still plenty to see.

There’s money and a joint fundraising agreement between the RNC and Trump’s campaign that is still needs to be hammered out. It's likely the most pressing concern for both sides. Trump's ability to monopolize earned media enabled his campaign to succeed without a serious fundraising operation. His dominance of a wide GOP primary field and the unpredictability of the race has left many of the party's traditional donors on the sidelines and the RNC millions of dollars behind expectations. Now both sides are playing catch-up as they try to cobble together an agreement to match the joint fundraising agreement Hillary Clinton and the Democrats have established, which includes 32 states and can accept donations of up to $356,100.
Presumptive GOP nominee Donald Trump arrives to the National Republican Senatorial Committee for a meeting with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and other Republicans in Washington, D.C.

Then there’s Cleveland and questions about Ryan’s role as chairman of convention that the former reality TV star-turned-candidate is eager to control.

And of course, there are the real policy differences between the party’s professional class and Trump, and questions about whether the nominee will adhere to positions elemental to the GOP platform.

While Trump is looking to smooth over potential disagreements, his campaign brass is sounding far less conciliatory. Recognizing the daylight between some of the candidate's positions and the traditional GOP platform, Trump's inner circle believes that the nominee has earned the right to dictate the terms of the convention schedule, vendor contracts and party platform.

"It's the nominee's party," one Trump campaign source said. "He gets to set the rules and if you don't like it, work harder next time."

Ryan and Trump will never be a natural match. One is a thoughtful policy wonk burdened with the responsibility of holding together a fractious coalition of conservatives. The other shrugs off policy minutiae, speaks in a popular, often incendiary vernacular and won the Republican primary by accentuating the intra-party divide and encouraging the base’s general revulsion for establishment leaders. But their marriage is, at least for the moment, one of necessity—for both sides.

“Trump needs to quiet the ‘Never Trump’ crowd,” said Bruce Haynes, a GOP strategist in Washington. “Ryan on the other hand needs straight tickets and a unified party to get every vote for every caucus member he can. The fewer split tickets the better.”

Ryan is certainly feeling some pressure as members of his caucus, including his two deputies, Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy and Whip Steve Scalise, have thrown their support behind the presumptive nominee. Ryan’s endorsement of Trump, many think, is only a matter of time.

Donald Trump is going to spend awhile to just get the party behind him. That is actually fairly ridiculous.

HUELEN10

I thought Heulen was a joke character?

Like Timedog.

Every community has one.
If there's one on GAF, I assure you it is not I.
Then dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon't dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttt
Yeah, that's what I think will end up happening. The hate on the Trump side is getting too strong, and is completely overpowering the handful of good things I can stand with with Trump.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/05/trump-butler-anthony-senecal-facebook-kill-obama

Seriously, I can't stand alongside people like this, it's too much.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I don't even know why you guys bother at this point. If Huelen wants to vote for the most racist major candidate of the last 30 years then let it happen.

Huelen, if you don't want to be associated with racists and homophobes then don't vote for them. It's that simple. If you can't bring yourself to vote against them then don't vote. It's not a complicated thing. Also, and I mean this seriously, take an economics class or two.

I'm not responding after this.

If there's one on GAF, I assure you it is not I.

Yeah, that's what I think might end up happening. The hate on the Trump side is getting too strong, and is completely overpowering the handful of good things I can stand with with Trump.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/05/trump-butler-anthony-senecal-facebook-kill-obama

Seriously, I can't stand with this.

Why did you go from Paul then Sanders and to Trump? What did they have did you valued and what policies of theirs attracted you towards them?

I mean seriously, that rally video, his fucking butler is racist. You think I want to purposefully be associated with racists? With queerphobes? With discriminatory bigots? Of course not. I've been marginalized and discriminated against for my race and my gender, I have no protection for my orientation. I've been a victim, why would I want to seem like I enable the offenders simply because a of handful of things I like about the guy. I mean, I have strong feelings about our veterans and being anti-top, but at the end of the day, that's not enough good to overshadow all the bad.

Not gonna lie, poliGAF has opened my eyes and has helped me stay more in touch about not just the candidates, but the people and movements around them, and how they could have an effect. i consider this very valuable, and a good citizen should stay well-informed after all, but all the information can be overwhelming. I wanna thank the lot of you who have brought great discussion and resource, not mere attacks or fanboyism, into this thread. Thanks to you guys, I've considered things I perhaps wouldn't have considered before. You are good people.
Well I'm happy you feel that way. But I have no fucking clue why? I mean, you were for Ben Fucking Carson. Dude has said absolutely DISGUSTING things about race relations, gender relations and had absolutely no policy platform whatsoever, NONE. Now you have this strange fixation with Trump, an equally imbecilic cartoon candidate who said nasty things about women, Latinos and has a pillar of his policy to ban a people of the 2nd largest religion in the world from ever entering. Like really, has any of this ever entered your head.

Wilsongt

Bless your heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom