• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoXChaos

As might be obvious, I am a Hillary supporter. I do take issue with a bit of the salt around here that has been thrown at Bernie though. Honestly, he really hasn't done anything horrific towards Hillary (save MAYBE the Michigan twitter image about destruction of neighborhoods). I feel like all is forgiven up until this point, and I don't need to keep pointing out his flaws as a political candidate.

He isn't as good at politics as she is, and that's the game she is and has been playing for her entire life. I feel like that is actually a good thing for both candidates, in a way.

/ rant

nowhere near as much as the salt that will flow through his supporters on June 7th.
Some of us here will be celebrating.

mo60

As might be obvious, I am a Hillary supporter. I do take issue with a bit of the salt around here that has been thrown at Bernie though. Honestly, he really hasn't done anything horrific towards Hillary (save MAYBE the Michigan twitter image about destruction of neighborhoods). I feel like all is forgiven up until this point, and I don't need to keep pointing out his flaws as a political candidate.

He isn't as good at politics as she is, and that's the game she is and has been playing for her entire life. I feel like that is actually a good thing for both candidates, in a way.

/ rant

I kinda don't like some of the things has done so far in the democratic primary but some of his supporters are on another level compared to him.

Iolo

There's talk about physical violence and chair throwing at the convention but somehow none of the videos captured it -- maybe somebody did throw a chair, but it sure doesn't seem like "violent" is an accurate description of the event when you watch the videos. There was loud chanting and booing and they protested.

Take a step back, and consider for a moment that there is a candidate in this race that has used exactly this line of argument about the behavior of his supporters and campaign surrogates at his own rallies and elsewhere. This is not good company to be in.

To be fair, his campaign hasn't done anything that bad recently, although maybe I haven't noticed it because his campaign coverage has fallen off a cliff

Charles C. Johnson goes further off the deep end

Cin9WZeU4AI8LPH.jpg

Seems legit.

JP_

Banned
Take a step back, and consider for a moment that there is a candidate in this race that has used exactly this line of argument about the behavior of his supporters and campaign surrogates at his own rallies and elsewhere. This is not good company to be in.

Trump? There's plenty of video proving it and he eggs it on. Stupid comparison.

You going to admit you were wrong about the callers being delegates?

Yeah, after listening to those voicemails left on Roberta Lange's phone I am perfectly satisfied burning the olive branch and viewing Bernie's not-a-cult appropriately as cancer that should be removed.

If someone wants to "come back" to the party, that's perfectly fine. But the onus isn't on me to find a reason to like them and accommodate their political demands; the onus is on them to demonstrate they are no longer allied with people who think that level of vileness is acceptable political discourse.

It's easy to say Trump and Sanders are different because Trump encourages this kind of behavior, whereas Sanders simply stands by and lets it happen - but at some point that attitude silently slips into approval. He needs to actually engage with this monster he has created.

SE Cupp beat Chuck Todd and Jonathan Franzen on Jeopardy tonight.

She was in second going into Final Jeopardy*, they all got it wrong, and she wagered the least.

*Category: Political Terms

Officials called tribunes sat at Rome’s Senate door & if they didn’t like what was going on, shouted this Latin word

What is Veto

jtb

Banned
SE Cupp beat Chuck Todd and Jonathan Franzen on Jeopardy tonight.

She was in second going into Final Jeopardy*, they all got it wrong, and she wagered the least.

*Category: Political Terms

Officials called tribunes sat at Rome’s Senate door & if they didn’t like what was going on, shouted this Latin word

What is Veto

really sad I missed this

I actually really like Chuck Todd

and unashamedly think Franzen is a literary genius

NeoXChaos

MONDAY, MAY 16:
Chuck Todd
Political Director, “NBC News”; Host, “Meet the Press” – NBC
Charity: Samaritan Inns

S.E. Cupp
Political Commentator – CNN, NY Daily News, Glamour
Charity: No Kid Hungry

Jonathan Franzen
Best-selling Author – “Purity,” “The Corrections”
Charity: American Bird Conservancy

TUESDAY, MAY 17:
Anderson Cooper
Host, “AC 360°” – CNN
Charity: Spike’s K9 Fund

Lara Logan
Correspondent, “60 Minutes” – CBS
Charity: Committee to Protect Journalists

Michael Steele
Political Analyst, MSNBC; Host, “Steele & Unger” – Sirius XM
Charity: Catholic Charities Mona Center

WEDNESDAY, MAY 18:
Louis C.K.
Comedian, Actor, Director, Writer & Producer
Charity: Fistula Foundation

Kate Bolduan
Co-host, “At This Hour” – CNN
Charity: Free Arts NYC

Jonathan Capehart
Pulitzer Prize-winning Journalist, The Washington Post
Charity: Sasha Bruce Youthwork

THURSDAY, MAY 19:
Al Franken
United States Senator (D-Minnesota)
Charity: USO

Ana Navarro
Republican Commentator – CNN, “ABC News,” Telemundo
Charity: Operation Smile Nicaragua

Sunny Hostin
Senior Legal Correspondent and Analyst, “ABC News”
Charity: Bronx Children’s Museum

FRIDAY, MAY 20:
Melissa Harris-Perry
Professor & Editor-at-Large, Elle.com
Charity: Girls for Gender Equality

David Gregory
Political Analyst – CNN; Author, “How’s Your Faith?”
Charity: Martha’s Table

Matthew Weiner
Series Creator/Executive Producer, “Mad Men”
Charity: Alexandria House

Bowdz

I think he feels some kind of obligation to his voters. His money also hasn't run out, although he's basically stopped fundraising.

I can agree with both points, but Sanders seems incapable of not attacking Clinton and then DNC. I remember a time when he claimed he'd run a positive, issue oriented campaign. What a fucking joke.

Armaros

Trump? There's plenty of video proving it and he eggs it on. Stupid comparison.

You going to admit you were wrong about the callers being delegates?

Are you going to admit you were wrong to put up a video with no commentary and expect people to get anything out of it.

While forwarding NV Bernie conspiracy theories?

Marco Rubio ‏@marcorubio 1m1 minute ago
Ok that's enough for one night. Twitter isn't something you should just rush back into. You have to slowly increase the dosage.......

This guy drunk or something

border

So how is everyone expecting Oregon to go? I am really not sure what to think about it.

Is there a reason that 538 is only doing predictions for California and NJ? Nothing for Oregon or Kentucky.

Iolo

So how is everyone expecting Oregon to go? I am really not sure what to think about it.

Is there a reason that 538 is only doing predictions for California and NJ? Nothing for Oregon or Kentucky.

There are virtually no polls, that's why.

Bernie will probably win both but not by the margins he needs, unless Tyler is right and Facebook likes are votes. I guess that is possible at this point, I don't know anymore.

Trancos

I'm expecting 10-15 margin for Sanders. Which is still pretty bad for him. If he can't hit his target in OR not sure he can convince anyone he will hit it anywhere else.

The poll showing HRC ahead is assuming only a 30% of voters will be under 45 ( and that's their high youth turnout model). In 2008 the 18-45 bracket represented 42% of the voters according to exit polls.

Tyler probably thinks Oregon will be like Washington. And something something Facebook likes.
You have to be mad to think that.

Washington was an open caucus, Bernie's best case scenario. Oregon is a closed primary. His worse. He'll likely win but it's not going to be close to the margin he needs. Not remotely.

I expect Clinton to win Kentucky.

border

I'm expecting 10-15 margin for Sanders. Which is still pretty bad for him. If he can't hit his target in OR not sure he can convince anyone he will hit it anywhere else.

What sort of target does Sanders need to hit if he wants to have any convincing path to victory? Or has that ship sailed anyway?

You have to be mad to think that.

Washington was an open caucus, Bernie's best case scenario. Oregon is a closed primary. His worse. He'll likely win but it's not going to be close to the margin he needs. Not remotely.

Also, Oregon has auto voter registration and mail-in ballots. It probably has the best voting system in the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom