• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP_

Banned
The people throwing chairs were delegates.

Yeah I'm trying to find footage of that, but some people seemed to assume the callers were delegates.

Technically we were judging delegates who were throwing chairs and calling in death threats, not random dumbasses on Twitter.

edit: haven't found any footage of chair throwing despite seeing tons of cell phone cameras recording at the event. One vid showed someone on the ground and they were calling security, but it didn't show what led up to that -- video title was "hippy down" so I don't think we can assume it was a Clinton supporter. Not saying lines weren't crossed, but it seems like a lot of it is just media hype.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzIYOHMtEbE

Closest thing I've found to violence in videos is loud chanting and booing.

Congratulations are in order.

Sanders has inspired a revolution albeit a tiny one that will fail but not against the GOP and their governance of hate and oppression but against the only party that stands a chance at stopping them.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Today sucks. People who threaten violence suck. Delegates who aren't Democrats but think they can still be Democratic delegates are terrible. Everything is a mess. Dems are in disarray. Queen better win one tomorrow or I swear, I'll totally...um...I'll write a strongly worded letter. Tyler's a mess. Benchmarks is GOD TIER. Everything is terrible. Big wall.

Fuck.

This is my favorite Adam rant.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| For you, it was the worst day of your life. For Hillary, it was Super Tuesday
PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Even if this thread turns out bad, we're only looking at 4 years

Hexa

Shocking! I think he would really have a chance if he did.

28TGhtH.jpg

JP_

Banned

Valhelm

contribute something
The time for appeasement in the face of radicalism is over. The cancer must be excised from the Democratic party before it can spread.

Christ, you sound like Pinochet.

What do you find to be cancerous? Any discussion of wealth redistribution?

Clefargle

You watched the video and honestly concluded Roberta Lange handled the votes appropriately?

I agree that the entire thing seemed shady, but doesn't justify calls for violence. Maybe nonviolent protest but no way if any of this justification for violence, that's what I think most of the people in this thread are angry about.

You watched the video and honestly concluded Roberta Lange handled the votes appropriately?
I never said that. In fact I said it was arguably dubious. I'm asking you why it matters. The counting was over. Who gives a shit? Like, hey, you could send the spot of the ball up to the replay booth to check after the last play of the game but what's the fucking point? It's still over. Just because you say and think it's not over doesn't mean it's not over.

Even beyond any of that, it doesn't excuse any of the Sanders supporters' behavior.

I don't think any reason can retroactively justify the behavior on display at that convention and the post convention death threats. Maybe Bernie's revolution can focus on getting rid of caucus

I genuinely don't understand what Sanders is trying to accomplish at this point. Unless his plan is to try help give Trump a chance at the GE, in which case I understand perfectly.

ampere

You watched the video and honestly concluded the votes were counted appropriately?

I think there's inherently going to be a lot of difficulty in determining a voice vote with that many people. Even if you used a device to measure the decibels in voice votes, it's possible that one group would be louder with fewer people.

Caucuses are just... awful. I'm not sure she handled the voting perfectly, but it's not a good system.

Valhelm

contribute something
I genuinely don't understand what Sanders is trying to accomplish at this point. Unless his plan is to try help give Trump a chance at the GE, in which case I understand perfectly.

I think he feels some kind of obligation to his voters. His money also hasn't run out, although he's basically stopped fundraising.

Zornack

I would just like to say for the record that those anti-Semitic Hillary supporters are horrible bigoted trash.

I just checked out three of them and they were all troll accounts trying to make Hillary look bad.

I think he feels some kind of obligation to his voters. His money also hasn't run out, although he's basically stopped fundraising.

Judging by how other congressmen have talked about him I think he's just an old man who thinks he's the only one with the correct answers.

Riling up his base to the point where he feels the dems will have to give into his demands and conditions when it comes time to endorse Clinton.

JP_

Banned
I agree that the entire thing seemed shady, but doesn't justify calls for violence. Maybe nonviolent protest but no way if any of this justification for violence, that's what I think most of the people in this thread are angry about.

I'm obviously not suggesting the threats are ok, but it seems pretty clear that those are just random nut jobs. For some reason a lot of people in this thread assume the calls were from Sanders delegates even when the transcripts suggest they aren't. There's talk about physical violence and chair throwing at the convention but somehow none of the videos captured it -- maybe somebody did throw a chair, but it sure doesn't seem like "violent" is an accurate description of the event when you watch the videos. There was loud chanting and booing and they protested.

I never said that. In fact I said it was arguably dubious. I'm asking you why it matters. The counting was over. Who gives a shit? Like, hey, you could send the spot of the ball up to the replay booth to check after the last play of the game but what's the fucking point? It's still over. Just because you say and think it's not over doesn't mean it's not over.

Even beyond any of that, it doesn't excuse any of the Sanders supporters' behavior.
You don't understand why people might protest something dubious?

I think there's inherently going to be a lot of difficulty in determining a voice vote with that many people. Even if you used a device to measure the decibels in voice votes, it's possible that one group would be louder with fewer people.

Caucuses are just... awful. I'm not sure she handled the voting perfectly, but it's not a good system.

Totally agree. That was my comment when I first posted it.

HylianTom

Banned
I don't think any reason can retroactively justify the behavior on display at that convention and the post convention death threats. Maybe Bernie's revolution can focus on getting rid of caucus

That's what I find most disturbing. Folks hand-waving away physical violence, almost seemingly seeking to justify it with, "yeah, but look at what they did during floor proceedings!"

Have a grievance? File it with the party. Or better yet, get your revenge against party operatives at the ballot box. And make sure to bring enough folks to the polls to actually win next time around. If this were a real "revolution," it won't be close, and it won't come down to chaotic floor proceedings.

NeoXChaos

I can see it now this July. Debbie walks out to massive boos to try and suspend the roll call to nominate Hillary by acclamation. Sanders supporters shout big fat juicy NOOOS.

I didn't watch any video. I was just pointing out how annoying video links are without commentary. And that there shouldn't be any expectations of people watching them.

As might be obvious, I am a Hillary supporter. I do take issue with a bit of the salt around here that has been thrown at Bernie though. Honestly, he really hasn't done anything horrific towards Hillary (save MAYBE the Michigan twitter image about destruction of neighborhoods). I feel like all is forgiven up until this point, and I don't need to keep pointing out his flaws as a political candidate.

He isn't as good at politics as she is, and that's the game she is and has been playing for her entire life. I feel like that is actually a good thing for both candidates, in a way.

/ rant

From our Labour leader across the pond:

@jeremycorbyn
Thanks Hugo Chavez for showing that the poor matter and wealth can be shared. He made massive contributions to Venezuela & a very wide world

Excuse me???????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom