• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

kess

All the rancor on the Democratic side has obscured things like Cruz talking about how he wants to run over Trump with a car.

tumblr_o4wt2h4l8f1r83d7lo1_540.gif

Super obvious corruption and constant dehumanizing is going to make the RNC a blast

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So Cruz is effectively done, yes?

Because if so I have just GOT to tune into talk radio today. There's been something of a civil war there between Trump and Cruz supporters.

He'll still end up with the nomination. He's pretty much securing all delegates for a 2nd ballot.

Here's how Hillary did in NYC:
Staten Island +6
Brooklyn +20
Queens +23
Manhattan +33
Bronx +40

I really didn't expect the +20 in Brooklyn because it seemed like Bernie was pandering pretty hard there.

Nah son, MD is rich as fuck. Boats and waterfront property everywhere. My wife's from SMC, and it was crazy hearing (as a Mississippian, so the poorest state in the Union) some of the casual conversation there. My sister-in-law's boyfriend off-handedly talking about taking the boat out on the bay, the high schools all have sailing teams, people talking about $60K a year as a "struggle" to live on. I legit felt culture shock.

Maybe I'm just out of touch because last year I visited Baltimore during peak tourist season and got an upper floor room in a decent hotel for a strangely low price for seemingly no reason. For some reason that made me believe Maryland wasn't that well off if such a nice hotel had pretty low rates.

Baltimore was a nice city to visit, though. Gorgeous aquarium. I absolutely love fish and sea life, so the aquarium was like a dream, just wish it wasn't so crowded. Nice sea food restaurants as well. I finally got to try fish tacos that weren't just a fishstick on a taco shell.

pigeon

Banned
All the rancor on the Democratic side has obscured things like Cruz talking about how he wants to run over Trump with a car.

Super obvious corruption and constant dehumanizing is going to make the RNC a blast

He just means that he's not great at driving stick.

On the subject of Bernie, I really think that he's going to tone down his shit and get everyone on line after he gets his ass handed to him next week.

Bernie tried the negative shit and it did nothing, but that was in NY so he's gonna give it another try in territory that's not Clinton's domain.

He'll get the message when it's clear he has been rejected by people who don't fit the perfect mold of his base, and after that he will either tone down his shit or simply drop out.

Unless he's been feeding on his own bullshit.

He says that about everyone.

Trouble

Banned
Staten Island +6
Brooklyn +20
Queens +23
Manhattan +33
Bronx +40

I really didn't expect the +20 in Brooklyn because it seemed like Bernie was pandering pretty hard there.

I guess Brooklyn isn't all white millennials like the TV tells me.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I know a Democratic official here who told me that Jim Hood said in a fundraiser, "Last year, I took a very long time to decide if I would run again, but there won't be any question. I'll be on the ballot in 2019." He's been thinking about not running for AG again, and it's interesting that he didn't mention for what office he'd run. This was during a conversation about Hood being MS's Bel Edwards.

Armaros

Maybe I'm just out of touch because last year I visited Baltimore during peak tourist season and got an upper floor room in a decent hotel for a strangely low price for seemingly no reason. For some reason that made me believe Maryland wasn't that well off if such a nice hotel had pretty low rates.

Baltimore was a nice city to visit, though. Gorgeous aquarium. I absolutely love fish and sea life, so the aquarium was like a dream, just wish it wasn't so crowded. Nice sea food restaurants as well. I finally got to try fish tacos that weren't just a fishstick on a taco shell.

the really rich counties are Howard, Montgomery and Anne Arundel

The median household income for Howard in 2014 was $110,000.

Baltimore is very much in the middle.

Staten Island +6
Brooklyn +20
Queens +23
Manhattan +33
Bronx +40

Ah, but how did he do among Brooklynites over 50 years old? Surely they remembered Lil Bernie, that troublemaker down the street.

CCS

Banned
That breakdown makes it particularly funny that people were claiming that the Democrats were deliberately suppressing the vote in Brooklyn to benefit Hillary, given she outperformed her average there.

ApharmdX

Banned
Maryland has big bio-tech, defense contractors, and other business that work directly with the government.

To note Bethesda Studios is HQed in Rockville MD. Like 30 mins from me.

The average median income in MD was 76K in 2014. Cali? 60K.

MD is also pretty expensive overall. Housing prices are pretty crazy here.

Yeah, we've gotten the benefit of a huge amount of federal dollars. Maryland is a great state, best schools, or near the best, and lots of jobs. Housing really is expensive here, you're right, that's the down side.

LOL I never realized that Bethesda was in Rockville until I met a tester who worked there a few years back.

I agree with this. Trump is the best (worst) candidate for the Dems, but if he hits 1237, then they'll have a month to get their voters to stomach him. If he's just shy of it, they'll still be talking about stealing the nomination, and that'll give them one less month to ease their voters into the decision.

Is it wrong that I'm rubbing my hands together with glee, awaiting this?

"Here's a turd. Now, eat it."

PBY

Banned
the latest CA poll showed a bit of a Trump bump. Hope thats real - really hope that this NE can create even some slight momentum for a trump wave into IN and CA

Holmes

Clinton's strength in NYC among white progressives was unexpected. She won quite a few white progressive areas that Teachout won in her 2014 primary against Cuomo. I think it just reinforces that urban whites are pretty different from rural whites, who went towards Sanders in New York last night, and we've seen this in other states - but it isn't always the case, of course.

If you guys keep posting Cruz gifs I'm gonna ask Kev to ban me.

PBY

Banned
Clinton's strength in NYC among white progressives was unexpected. She won quite a few white progressive areas that Teachout won in her 2014 primary against Cuomo. I think it just reinforces that urban whites are pretty different from rural whites, who went towards Sanders in New York last night, and we've seen this in other states - but it isn't always the case, of course.

NYC is a Wall Street area. I live here - its not a bad thing, I work in that industry. You can't villify a group that employs a fuckton of people in a concentrated area.

User 406

Banned
Wow, that was a fast 20K!

OT2 took less than two weeks. :X

That always surprises me. In the period where they were in the Senate at the same time, Hillary was the 11th most liberal senator. For comparison, Obama was 23rd.

It's hard to overstate just how distorted peoples' perception of Hillary has become because of the endless right wing anti-Clinton propaganda machine. Repeat a lie often enough and people will believe it, and they've been repeating this shit for decades.

And even so, she's about to become President anyway.

If someone had written this shit for television, producers would have laughed it out of the studio for being so ridiculously overdramatic.

And this OP is much, much better.

ivysaur12

Banned
I agree. And the very best scenario would be:

- Trump falls just short of 1,237 (this seems likely at this point), say he gets to 1,150 - 1,200

- Uncertainty abides all the way to Cleveland. People choose sides. Some unexpected names pop up in the Trump camp. Ditto for Cruz. Maybe someone floats Ryan or Romney again. Things get even nastier than they are now.

- Trump wins on the first ballot anyway.

So we have the worst nominee coupled to a terrible convention and the uncertainty of unity. 400+ EV landslide for Hillary, house may be in play.

I actually think this is what'll happen because he'll lose Indiana but get more unpledged Pennsylavania delegates.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I actually think this is what'll happen because he'll lose Indiana but get more unpledged Pennsylavania delegates.

I'm still not sure he loses Indiana. This FEELS like a Cruz state, but I really can't tell.

I guess Brooklyn isn't all white millennials like the TV tells me.

Yeah, he did well in the Hispanic portion of Brooklyn too. I still can't believe he got murdered in the Bronx with them making a big deal of that first rally. Then again, Hillary has a lot of local support and knows the area so she knew where to go to get her votes.

They both seemed to do well with Asians, but I'm not sure about the actual numbers.

Tad is doing some serious spins right now.

Williamsburgh Hipsters overestimated, LOL
Big time.

Yeah, he did well in the Hispanic portion of Brooklyn too. I still can't believe he got murdered in the Bronx with them making a big deal of that first rally. Then again, Hillary has a lot of local support and knows the area so she knew where to go to get her votes.

They both seemed to do well with Asians, but I'm not sure about the actual numbers.

Tad is doing some serious spins right now.

Pretty sure Hillary won Hispanic vote 60-40 or something like that.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I think it's now impossible for Cruz to hit 1237. He joins Kasich in the "openly running on a brokered convention" ticket.

Not quite mathematically impossible yet. He needs 92% of the remaining delegates going by Google's count.

Realistically, it was probably impossible for him to ever reach 1,237 on bound delegates the moment it became clear he was going to come away with 0 delegates from Florida, Ohio, and Arizona.

Yesterday's result only made it clear that if he's gonna win in a contested convention, it's going to have to come with a fairly large number of delegates voting against the side they were originally bound to, which isn't exactly a good look for the party.

Staten Island +6
Brooklyn +20
Queens +23
Manhattan +33
Bronx +40

She was actually predicted to do about that well in Brooklyn because the Democratic race is pretty easy to predict if you look at demographics.

(mumbles something about momentum)

Pretty sure Hillary won Hispanic vote 60-40 or something like that.
I was talking about in the Hispanic vote in Brooklyn only. 60/40 overall is actually pretty good for him.
She was actually predicted to do about that well in Brooklyn because the Democratic race is pretty easy to predict if you look at demographics.

(mumbles something about momentum)
Ah, gotcha. I was thinking that the hipster population was a lot larger than it actually is.

Did y'all see Tad speaking with Andrea just now?

Okay, because of the nature of the primaries, I think most of us are highly focused on this process specifically and staking sides. But speaking more broadly, what are the most important issues for PoliGAF this election cycle? What do we actually want accomplished?

The chance he murdered 5 different women tho.... After that .gif? Hmmmmmmmmm

I'll rank them from most likely to least likely.

1. Cruz is a Zodiac Killer copy-cat. I wanted to put him as the actual Zodiac Killer here but realistically it's more likely he's just someone inspired by the Zodiac Killer. Maybe he met the Zodiac Killer as a teenager and he bestowed the title on him or something.
2. Cruz had an affair. He's a guy in power, I can see there maybe being someone into that.
3. Cruz is the actual Zodiac Killer. Extensive plastic surgery keeps him looking... uh, yeah.
4. Cruz had sex with 5 different women. Not even cheating on his wife, just period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom