• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, those maps are beautiful.

Trump kind of has to contest VA though. Might as well give up right now if he doesn't. It's NY and CA that are truly stupid.

He has to contest it, but it's a highly inelastic state with a huge Democratic base that's becoming insurmountable.

If she wins VA, Trump will have to win Florida and Ohio and Pennsylvania.

I think more likely than Ohio, certainly. Florida... I'm not sure. Virginia has more of white workers badly hit by post-industrialism, Florida has more old people.

This is an incorrect analysis of Virginia. Virginia has a much higher base of Democratic voters, plus NoVA, and the Appalachian parts of VA don't have any electoral influence anymore due to diminished population.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think people are again overreacting to the map. He will hold like two rallies in NY in October on his way fucking home for the night and that's it.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
This is an incorrect analysis of Virginia. Virginia has a much higher base of Democratic voters, plus NoVA, and the Appalachian parts of VA don't have any electoral influence anymore due to diminished population.

I don't think you can be that confident Virginia will be less close than Florida is all I'm saying. I don't think Trump is going to win *any* of the swing states, just in the world where he won at least one, I think that world would probably have Virginia be the one he won.

ampere

"Crooked Hillary thinks she can win States just because Obama did? I've been to these states folks, we had huge rallies, the best rallies. Women love me. I love the Hispanics. The people of California won't believe the lies about the drought anymore!"

I'm mostly interested in how many Congressional seats we can flip and if Georgia goes blue I'm gonna spurt

itschris

Bookings at Trump Hotels Plummet

DTIeaaM.png

#MakeTrumpBankruptAgain

VRMN

I don't think you can be that confident Virginia will be less close than Florida is all I'm saying. I don't think Trump is going to win *any* of the swing states, just in the world where he won at least one, I think that world would probably have Virginia be the one he won.

If he wins just one, it's North Carolina, not Virginia. Just saying.

HylianTom

Banned
June7Dumpster.jpg

LOL..

==

And I just noticed: Hillary's site now has custom state-by-state t-shirts available.

$35 is pricey for a "Virginians for Hillary" tee, but it's a donation I guess.

Virginia-_0002_m-blue-heather_grande.jpg

The original wall wasn't that effective, though, as Kublai and Nurhaci would attest to. Maybe she wants a Mexican dynasty to run the United States?
I was about to say. The Wall was shit.

stop breakin down my shitty wall you stupid mongowians
Did you eat your shitty beef?

I could see a world where Trump wins VA, I guess.

I can also see a world where NoVA is randomly hit by a meteor.
That and Hampton Roads.. No way can he pull it out.

He can win Ohio over VA. That is possible to me.

Armaros

NoVA is massively growing in population year over year.

User1608

Banned
Maybe those extra, hidden white voters are biding their time for a true man of the people as the candidate! Not like weak Mitt Romney.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Gotta keep the Democratic Party energized. Step one is not to have a cluster duck convention. Step two is for mcaullife to not be An asshole.

I'm at a BBQ which is really just alcohol and ...more alcohol and there is literally a personification of s4p here. He is telling everyone Hillary won't be viable in California
And he knows someone at the state department who knows Hillary is going to protection. And the FBI probe more includes bill and Chelsea. I sense no irony

I'm wearing a Hillary shirt and he may kill me. Halp fam

I'm at a BBQ which is really just alcohol and ...more alcohol and there is literally a personification of s4p here. He is telling everyone Hillary won't be viable in California
And he knows someone at the state department who knows Hillary is going to protection. And the FBI probe more includes bill and Chelsea. I sense no irony

I'm wearing a Hillary shirt and he may kill me. Halp fam

Make him one of your delicious cocktail concoctions. When he passes out from disgust, run.

Did you know? Current chief justice John Roberts wrote a memo to President Reagan in 1985 that he should not assuage public hysteria on aids spreading through casual contact. Despite at that time scientists stressing it was a sexually transmitted, blood borne disease, Roberts wrote that the president should not make any statement saying such. Reagan's words would be heard by millions of people and would go a long way toward easing the persecution of those afflicted as well as hemophiliac children being thrown out of public school, but Roberts felt that the president should not say so until there were comprehensive demonstrations that aids could not be spread by touching or being near.

I wish the military would sweep in with their tanks, trained soldiers and trillions of dollars in high tech weaponry to see what Sue Googe and her army of rebellious hick voters would do. Probably drop their guns, shit their pants and run into the woods. Fucking hicks.

Absolutely. Militias are an outdated concept, and currently, they're completely irrational. People don't realize how contradictory the ideals of "Support the cops/troops!" and "Protect the 2nd Amendment!" are. The latter exists to kill the former, but for some reason, militia folks today think the tyrants they'd be overthrowing are all going to be bureaucrats and not soldiers of any kind.

I could see a world where Trump wins VA, I guess.

Pop growth in VA since 2010:

Obama's 2012 VA map:

EDIT: Used an even better map

Yeah, VA is moving left quickly. I think the only surprise flip could be some state like WV where the population is actually moving to the right. Maybe Michigan or something. I haven't looked into it. But VA is definitely moving leftward, and this is post-2012 where Obama won it.

Speaking of voting rights, I was wondering, how big of an impact do people think the Supreme Court's gutting of the Voting Rights Act will have on the general election? This will be the first presidential election since the case.

Obviously, Hillary's going to win this election, but it's something I've been wondering about for the future.

He brought three bottles of organic beer which he has managed to drink on his own. And he asked for gluten free buns. I told him gluten is the protein of the 1%. He didn't laugh.
Oh god.. How the hell haven't the rednecks beat the shit out of this guy? Cause he seems like a douche from this description.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
sometimes I wonder why ethics isn't discussed more with respect to politics. it'd be interesting to see how politicians defended particular values on a conceptual level. I'd be really interested to hear for example Clinton and Sanders' respective takes on prioritarianism vs. egalitarianism, or luck egalitarianism vs. democratic egalitarianism.

Wilsongt

sometimes I wonder why ethics isn't discussed more with respect to politics. it'd be interesting to see how politicians defended particular values on a conceptual level. I'd be really interested to hear for example Clinton and Sanders' respective takes on prioritarianism vs. egalitarianism, or luck egalitarianism vs. democratic egalitarianism.

How can politicians discuss ethics honest and openly when they are the run writing the ethics laws?

Wanna see an example of ethics fuckery? Look at the South Carolina legislature.

I think people think Trump can win NY because he's from there I guess? I don't know. I think this is a lot of people's first election. Even if you were just barely paying attention to politics in general over the last few years you would know why that map of his is a joke.

Sanders: 'California is the big enchilada’

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/bernie-sanders-california-223689

Can we photoshop bernie's face onto Trumps "I love hispanics" photo?

Hope we burn his mouth. :)

Oh god.. How the hell haven't the rednecks beat the shit out of this guy? Cause he seems like a douche from this description.
Why you assume there are rednecks here? There are kinda...but still. :p

His girlfriend is vegan. Like I couldn't make this shit up. She brought wine. With a cork. To a BBQ.

My mom wants to hurt them. It's like Portlandia and Reddit had a baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom