• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goddamn, NBC. Clinton scrambling in California! Tightening race!

I know, right? My mom started opening another bottle of wine and moaning "She's going to looosseee to that old, white man, she's gonna looose.." : pouring wine :

(Bernie is like 5 years older than my mom....)

Mess.

border

I hope Sanders has the good sense to concede after California is over. I don't see how he intends to cling on for the weeks after that, especially when he's lost the popular vote by millions.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
It is, absolutely!

I'm just joking because everyone always lists Cal and maybe UCLA at the top, so I thought it was kind of funny :p

Oh definitely. The very first acceptance letter I got was from UC Davis, and I was the happiest guy in the world.

...until a bunch of my friends started getting their acceptance letters from UCLA and Berkeley, and then suddenly it was made clear that nobody gave a shit about Davis. Also found out that it was a farm college in the middle of nowhere and had a pretty high acceptance rate to begin with. Kinda made it lose a bit of prestige. :/

mo60

Wow at bill kristol potential choice for an independent presidential run. Will that guy even help the republicans downticket races in the fall because I don't see the guy getting even 5% of the vote.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I hope Sanders has the good sense to concede after California is over. I don't see how he intends to cling on for the weeks after that, especially when he's lost the popular vote by millions.

There is no reason he would concede if he didn't already.

border

He doesn't. He is a vindictive asshole. We have known this for a a few months.
There is no reason he would concede if he didn't already.

I don't see how he can, with a straight face, just go on for weeks after the end of the primaries claiming that the will of the people needs to be overturned. California has always given him a legitimate excuse to continue because however unlikely he could score some massive upset there and become the legitimate victor. Once that is over though, he doesn't have much argument beyond "Oh, well I poll slightly better against Trump". He's just going to look like a fool, continuing to campaign after all the votes have been counted.

If he does choose to continue, I just hope that people don't indulge his delusion. Obama should start campaigning for Clinton ASAP.

Diablos

I really think Bernie and his campaign are playing everyone. When they absolutely have to they will say stuff like no third party run, won't allow Trump to win blah blah but the second they turn around they start acting like bitter assholes who are one step away from blowing the whole thing up.

I DONT TRUST THEM.

Farmboy

Wow at bill kristol potential choice for an independent presidential run. Will that guy even help the republicans downticket races in the fall because I don't see the guy getting even 5% of the vote.

Yeah, pretty terrible. Less name recognition than Gary Johnson. I'm willing to bet he doesn't even run, in the end.

ampere

Yeah Kristol must be smoking some bad weed if he thinks anyone gives a shit about his nobody nominee

Either he got Mittens or it was gonna be someone small I guess

My friends and I were on a road trip last week, and stopped by UC Irvine for the first time (in high school, my first choice for college was UCI, but alas, didn't get in. Always had a soft spot for that place). I knew Irvine was supposed to be a nice place, but damn, y'all are a bunch of rich bastards.
UCI is beautiful and has a great pub (I graduated from there)

hawk2025

UCLA has Westwood though. I quite like Westwood.

But the whole dry campus thing is ridiculous. Stanford has an open container policy! Anything goes!

Lol. This why we need genetics and evolution to be taught correctly in school.

The humans evolved from apes is the biggest teaching blunder next to calling global climate change "global warming". It allows people like TwatRocket Limbaugh to spew more drug fueled crap.

"Global warming" is actually correct, though, since the net and most worrying effect of the whole thing is the increase in global average temperature. It's not the warming's fault people go, "It's COLD outside, so much for global warming!!"

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah Kristol must be smoking some bad weed if he thinks anyone gives a shit about his nobody nominee

Either he got Mittens or it was gonna be someone small I guess

The fact he couldn't get Mittens to do it says everything you needed to know.

Also, when did GAF get Facebook like buttons?

Hypothetical question: Obama has a net approval rating of 1%. Once he starts campaigning, assuming he does, for Clinton, what will happen to his approval rating? Maintain, decrease, or rise, and to what?

hawk2025

It's not 100% enforced, but they WILL break up parties, cite students, and make them do community service for having alcohol on the dorms.

Well, they did nearly a decade ago. Not sure if it's more lax these days.

Hypothetical question: Obama has a net approval rating of 1%. Once he starts campaigning, assuming he does, for Clinton, what will happen to his approval rating? Maintain, decrease, or rise, and to what?

Campaign Obama has always been more popular than President Obama; I expect that'll hold, even if he's not running for anything this time around.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

His approval is likely due to Trump, so long as Trump stays prominent it should not only hold but inch up a bit. As we close in on November expect Obama to get more popular, we're not talking 60% but just slightly higher than you see now.

#FBImwithHer is kind of clever.

Also I, for one, would be eager to hear the editor of Rolling Stone's plan for a revolution.

Step 1 - turn off internet, print headline Make Periodicals Great Again (since no internet, no Twitter, no hashtags)

Step 2 - Figure out mid-term election turnout

Diablos

Weaver on 5/17:

But despite the reported chaos in Nevada regarding delegate selections last weekend, Weaver insisted Trump’s assertion that the system is rigged against Sanders was wrong and reiterated that Sanders will not run as a third-party candidate and will support the nominee.

“And that’s what he’s gonna do,” Weaver said. “Trump obviously would like a third-party candidate on the left so that he could try to divide the vote and win. But I think what you're gonna see is unity to defeat Trump.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-...esults/2016/05/bernie-sanders-no-trump-223257
I think this was the last time the Sanders campaign behaved rationally. I honestly wonder what Bernie himself thought of Weaver's comments because he seemed to start acting crazier than usual after this interview.

mackaveli

His approval is likely due to Trump, so long as Trump stays prominent it should not only hold but inch up a bit. As we close in on November expect Obama to get more popular, we're not talking 60% but just slightly higher than you see now.

What was Obama's approval rating during the 2012 election. It was net negative? Anything positive should bode very well for Hilliary?

I think I know one of your skipped classes...

giphy.gif

I went to those...I just wasn't always sober, okay? :p

Adam's skipped class: how to have good taste in stuff 101

Here you go Adam

image-11.gif

I see you. I see you REAL good.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
The more Obama talks, the more people like him. He's defused just about every campaign crisis with a speech.

Yep. I expect he'll make some no fucks given hot fire speeches on the trail. Obama is at his most likable and inspiring in that context. Plus he will get to trot out the progress and positive impact his Presidency has made, reminding people just how far things have come in the last 8 years and just what they have to lose.

Teggy

I'm looking forward to Trump coming out and saying how the press is so sleazy for asking Clinton endless question about her emails and other obvious topics. So unfair, right Donald?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Clinton +13 in the newest poll and Clinton +12 in the poll aggregate.

Also known as TIGHTENING RACE!

Did they permaban you or just denied for the dates you wanted to go

Dates I wanted to go. I'm going to be in DC after Sanders is smushed into the ground for the DC primary...that week. Hillary asked that I be there to help sweep us his remains so he doesn't get in the way of her inauguration next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom