• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Omg I am so fucking over Emailghazi, just like I was over Benghazi a couple of weeks after it happened.

Is there an imaginary Hillary Clinton-based scandal ending in "-gate" that you aren't over?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't understand why certain segments of BernieGAF get so angry at the simple request for proof of literally anything to do with Hillary's email despite the fact it doesn't seem like these people even vaguely understand how classified information was even sent or what rules were sort of kind of maybe broken.

Guis,

I think I reached the pinnacle of bad taste.

Playing Killzone HD...on Playstation NOW....while eating Sloppy Joe nachos (made with Doritos....) I also have an alcohol.

Also, Hillary keeps texting me for money. Does she want me to break campaign finance law!? Or would they just put it in the GE fund. I thought I couldn't send her anymore until she officially has the nomination? Or would she just launder it into her victory fund? So many questions.

I don't understand why certain segments of BernieGAF get so angry at the simple request for proof of literally anything to do with Hillary's email despite the fact it doesn't seem like these people even vaguely understand how classified information was even sent or what rules were sort of kind of maybe broken.

In a sense, it's all that's left. There is no other way Bernie will get the nomination, so beating that drum (hard) is the best hope for Bernie to win. (ie. Never going to happen) . But, ya....I get you.

Their anger overrides their logic. Some of them can't be reasoned with regardless of evidence to the contrary. I had a "conversation" with a die hard Bernie supporter, and she refused to see any good in Hillary or see the system isn't rigged. I told her I hope when it comes down to Trump and Hillary that she will make the right choice and vote for Hillary; because, Trump is unacceptable. I am not holding my breath though.

I am not trying to generalize here but these types cannot see logic right now, hopefully later they will...

Wilsongt

They only care about their lord and savior Bernie Christ and their hatred for Abuela runs too deep to examine facts.

No one really knows Lmao outside of Poligaf, tho...

Slayven

Say Clintion clinches it on Tuesday, doesn't that mean they don't really have to entertain Bernie's craziness anymore? Cause at this point I doubt he will give a speech at the convention.

Omg I am so fucking over Emailghazi, just like I was over Benghazi a couple of weeks after it happened.

It is silly at this point, just silly.

This country can't support Andrew Jackson Part II.

Seriously, one just needs to look at Andrew Jackson to see how a Trump presidency would go.

That should be enough to scare any fucking Bernie supporter, but it's not.

Iolo

Is there an imaginary Hillary Clinton-based scandal ending in "-gate" that you aren't over?

Agate, the colorful Ozark strip-mining scandal

Also, Hillary keeps texting me for money. Does she want me to break campaign finance law!? Or would they just put it in the GE fund. I thought I couldn't send her anymore until she officially has the nomination?

It's on her website:

An individual may contribute up to $2,700 per election (the primary and general are separate elections). By submitting your contribution, you agree that the first $2,700 of a contribution will be designated for the 2016 primary election, and any additional amount up to $2,700 will be designated for the 2016 general election.

Also Mook is emailing me to let me know he is running out of money.

Angry Grimace

I just don't understand why people can't understand the single relevant sentence: you can't send classified information over a .gov email either. The issue of classified information is irrelevant unless information specifically marked as classified was sent by Hillary herself, which there is no evidence of. It's an entirely different system.

Say Clintion clinches it on Tuesday, doesn't that mean they don't really have to entertain Bernie's craziness anymore? Cause at this point I doubt he will give a speech at the convention.

It is silly at this point, just silly.

I man, some humoring is perfectly fine. We don't want to alienate his supporters. If that means being the bigger person, I have no doubt Hillary will be as gracious in victory as she was in defeat. So, giving him token things he wants is perfectly fine.

However, there is a line, and he has to realize that if he gets too close to it, he's going to get shocked. He doesn't get to have a say in her Veep selection. He doesn't get to determine the platform. He doesn't get to determine her cabinet. A few things to give him the illusion of having some power over the convention? Meh. Fine. no worries.

The moment she has 2383 delegates, though, the media will be 100% done with him. He can wag his finger all day long and no one will pay him no mind. How he wants to land the plane will be up to Bernie.

kess

Cj0IWoOVEAAS_gt.jpg

An alternative reading of this strip is that this, in fact, is not a regular molehilll after all, but a worrying epidemic of Camponotus arantius tubicinem, a semi-parasitical ant species which thrives in darkness and uses the rotting infrastructure of previously established colonies to create excessively large and bloated structures using the labor of the larger indigenous species (which are now rendered mindless and willing slaves). When left unchallenged the anthills can reach many times the height of a normal man and are noted for their garish, distended appearance. Entomologists are split on the long-term dangers of this species, but it has been noted that even a single bite can cause distortions of reality and spatial anomalies among certain individuals, where the victim perceives insignificant issues with the utmost importance, and harbours compulsive, paranoid fantasies bordering on obsessiveness and mania.

This visual representation above is an example of the fevered mindset of such an individual, where benign issues have taken on mountainous importance and other humans are perceived as bug-eyed and abnormal creatures.

Gary Johnson was on cnn talking to Anderson Cooper a minute ago and it's a mystery to me why a candidate so electrifying and enthralling is not receiving more media coverage.
As he started to get into how democrats and republicans were shutting him out of debates, Anderson said "Gary Johnson thank you for your time", kek

Gary Johnson was on cnn talking to Anderson Cooper a minute ago and it's a mystery to me why a candidate so electrifying and enthralling is not receiving more media coverage.
As he started to get into how democrats and republicans were shutting him out of debates, Anderson said "Gary Johnson thank you for your time", kek

All he has to do is get at least 15% in some polls before the debates, and he's totally in!

Slayven

I man, some humoring is perfectly fine. We don't want to alienate his supporters. If that means being the bigger person, I have no doubt Hillary will be as gracious in victory as she was in defeat. So, giving him token things he wants is perfectly fine.

However, there is a line, and he has to realize that if he gets too close to it, he's going to get shocked. He doesn't get to have a say in her Veep selection. He doesn't get to determine the platform. He doesn't get to determine her cabinet. A few things to give him the illusion of having some power over the convention? Meh. Fine. no worries.

The moment she has 2383 delegates, though, the media will be 100% done with him. He can wag his finger all day long and no one will pay him no mind. How he wants to land the plane will be up to Bernie.
Being the bigger person sucks some times .

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安

Are you serious? That guy is an idiot.

Diablos, quit Diablosing. Breathe into a paper bag, or something. Bernie will Bern out soon.
Thats a given. He will be long gone after Cali. But the problem is how much damage he is causing to everything else. He's like a JRPG boss battle. You will defeat him but you have to fight Trump with your remaining hp and mp. And you cant summon Knights of the Round because fuckin bernie needed to go and you lost all your elixers.

Angry Grimace

Thats a given. He will be long gone after Cali. But the problem is how much damage he is causing to everything else. He's like a JRPG boss battle. You will defeat him but you have to fight Trump with your remaining hp and mp. And you cant summon Knights of the Round because fuckin bernie needed to go and you lost all your elixers.

I don't think Bernie is going to have the kind of long term impact his supporters believe he will; its mostly just preying on certain level of diablosing among the democratic population in general in exchange for influence.

Am I surprised Bernie supporters believe that Bernie has the sole discretion to deny Clinton the presidency? No. Its nice to think your special snowflake coalition alone can decide the general election for President of the United States.

Angry Grimace

I just don't get it: this entire Bernie or Bust thing seems completely intellectually bankrupt. The entire argument against "establishment Democrats" isn't that they aren't ideologically similar, its that they don't enact enough of the liberal agenda. Except they can't because the GOP has a majority in Congress. So the remedy for this is to stop voting for Democrats? What?

kess

Whoa, look, there's "like" and "share" buttons on the topic bar now. Share the love of PoliGAF with your Bernie loving friends!

I just don't get it: this entire Bernie or Bust thing seems completely intellectually bankrupt. The entire argument against "establishment Democrats" isn't that they aren't ideologically similar, its that they don't enact enough of the liberal agenda. Except they can't because the GOP has a majority in Congress. So the remedy for this is to stop voting for Democrats? What?

Congress and the Supreme Court are just part of the establishment, so that train of thought doesn't register. Bernie is leading a real revolution...or some shit.

ampere

I think it's largely the Ron Paul crowd, aka they were never democrats anyway

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
... The Clinton Email thing was just compared to Snowden.

I just can't.

Edit: Eh, I'm just venting. Don't reply, if you must go to the other thread.

Your first mistake is thinking the BoB voters care about Congress, Supreme Court, executive actions, etc. They're just there for their guy to win or burn it down. Not voting for Hillary or abstaining from voting altogether gives them the satisfaction of watching democrats suffer if they lose the election or sitting on a high horse and complaining about everything for the next 4 years if democrats win. In their eyes Hillary is everything that's wrong with politics. At least with Trump you can get "lulz".

Crocodile

Yeah this is the thing that gets me about the "rage at the man/machine" mentality. The government isn't an amorphous blob. There are very specific parts of it that are non-functional for very specific reasons. We are in this mess because the Republicans stopped being the party of "we want what's best for the country too but we disagree with how to do it" to "fuck you burn it all down fuck you!". The Democrats aren't perfect but my displeasure with the government on the national level isn't really with them (local politics is a different matter but then again there are no unifying issues here since local politics are well.....local). I'm not mad at the "establishment" and that word has lost all meaning to me. When someone starts droning on about the establishment, that's usually a tip-off that nonsense is about to follow.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Sounds like that individual understands it about as well as the average American understands marginal tax rates

Eh, I'm just venting. Discuss it over there if you want to comment before we get yelled at ;)
Part of the problem these community threads have created, are what they are called; communities.
So I instinctively come here to vent, when it's really the same board.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys did you know the press never covered the emails or Benghazi.
What's Benghazi? I legit have never heard of it once. What's email even?

Edit: Ugh that politifact thread fam. I can't.
I'm like "wait these last hundred posts weren't sarcasm?" *horror movie scream*

HUELEN10

Here is a video made a while back, It's no commentary, nothing but real news clips, and could use a heck of a better title, but please don't bother with comments. You would drive yourself mad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dY77j6uBHI

I find some of what this video has, specially the email and Bosnia bits, quite eye-opening. I saw it at a Sanders rally BTW. I do agree that the title could be a lot better, of that there is no argument.

Suikoguy

Edit: Ugh that politifact thread fam. I can't.
I'm like "wait these last hundred posts weren't sarcasm?" *horror movie scream*

You should not hide gems like IMAPghazi in the edit comments.

my first act as president will be to firebomb the houses of every person on the internet who has ever shared that video

Just remember the link:
https://pimeablog.wordpress.com/2016/05/19/responseto13min/

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Oh Jesus Christ kill me now.

Wait first let me convert to Christianity, then kill me and send me to hell. Surely I have done something to deserve this.

You should not hide gems like IMAPghazi in the edit comments.
I put all my best material there.

Also POP3ghazi might have gotten confused with Bernies trip to the Vatican.

TheFatOne

I've been meaning to ask this so when can we expect the FBI to finally finish the investigation into the emails? From what I gather it seems like no one really knows. Is that the case?

HUELEN10

my first act as president will be to firebomb the houses of every person on the internet who has ever shared that video
Why such hate over it though. It's not a trump-loving, racist, clinton-hating commentary vid, it's just news clips, and it's been played in some democratic events and rallies. You don't have to like it, or even agree with it, but it's not like the video news clips themselves, specially the Bosnia segments, are not legit.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Why such hate over it though. It's not a trump-loving, racist, clinton-hating commentary vid, it's just news clips, and it's been played in some democratic events and rallies.

Except it's all taken out of context and not at all what the video title says it is. The person who made the video is literally counting on you to either not bother watching the video or not bother fact checking it.

shem935

Banned
Why such hate over it though. It's not a trump-loving, racist, clinton-hating commentary vid, it's just news clips, and it's been played in some democratic events and rallies. You don't have to like it, or even agree with it, but it's not like the video news clips themselves, specially the Bosnia segments, are not legit.

Read Suiko's link please and thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom