• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
HillaryGAF next Tuesday.

ieOuFk2.gif

Right in time for e3 the following week. Should be a fun two weeks

In retrospect, hugging over an E3 conference is really weird.
That's fandoms for ya, glad they could find a passion to that degree :)

Read Suiko's link please and thank you.

It's pretty good, even admits how a couple of them have some merit.
But, it's still 90% bullshit.

HUELEN10

You don't have to reply to my posts, I neither want or need it. Someone asked a question, I thought I would link a resource I recently re-watched, that's it. Seriously, troll accusations are getting very hurtful. I just wanted to share possible resource that might be relevant to a fellow PoliGAFer's inquiry, that's it. I know a lot of people don't share the same political views or concerns I do, and that's fine. There re a lot of things here that people support that also makes me question their creeds, and my thoughts and opinions, but that's okay. But please, understand that I've bene on PoliGAF because I've been learning a lot about politics, coming with an open-mind and learning about points raised, and sharing some stuff back. It saddens me that pretty much anything I post is accused by some who may disagree with it as troll or bait, simply because it might not be popular. I, it hurts me. Perhaps I should leave the community. I try to welcome ideas different to my own, but I don't feel like I am getting much of the same back. I never meant to cause trouble or discord. Farewell, and much love and respect.

Teggy

You don't have to reply to my posts, I neither want or need it. Someone asked a question, I thought I would link a resource I recently re-watched, that's it. Seriously, troll accusations are getting very hurtful. I just wanted to share possible resource that might be relevant to a fellow PoliGAFer's inquiry, that's it. I know a lot of people don't share the same political views or concerns I do, and that's fine. There re a lot of things here that people support that also makes me question their creeds, and my thoughts and opinions, but that's okay. But please, understand that I've bene on PoliGAF because I've been learning a lot about politics, coming with an open-mind and learning about points raised, and sharing some stuff back. It saddens me that pretty much anything I post is accused by some who may disagree with it as troll or bait, simply because it might not be popular. I, it hurts me. Perhaps I should leave the community. I try to welcome ideas different to my own, but I don't feel like I am getting much of the same back. I never meant to cause trouble or discord. Farewell, and much love and respect.

The fact that you thought the person seriously didn't know what Benghazi was is not helping your defense. He even wrote "what's email even" right after it and you quoted it!

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Has anyone ever received so much press about possibly winning a state they were down by 12 points in before?

It's even worse than that, based on polls in other states, he is going to need 70%+ of the vote to bring the pledged delegate total close.

I hope Sanders has the good sense to concede after California is over. I don't see how he intends to cling on for the weeks after that, especially when he's lost the popular vote by millions.

There is no reason he would concede if he didn't already.

The media is pretty powerful, and they love a horse-race, but even far-left places won't be able to bang the drum for a month straight when it's this obviously over. Clinching the nomination means there are basically no good headlines that people can salivate over other than a month and a half of "When Will the Loser Drop Out?"

Bernie is surrounded in his echo chamber right now, but that facade cracks pretty hard when the donations start falling through the floor (moreso than now). I feel pretty confident that Bernie will concede. Maybe not for a few weeks, but the beauty of how late the convention is held is that he's got zero chance to change the narrative for a month and a half. That'll wear him out pretty badly.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
The fact that you thought the person seriously didn't know what Benghazi was is not helping your defense. He even wrote "what's email even right after it and you quoted it!
I thought I was in a safe place where I could be sarcastic without tagging it :/

hawk2025

Omg

From Joyful Noise, a record label:

VIPs: This has been a long time coming, and we are delighted to finally make this available to you...

We recently brought together two inspiring individuals for a very special release: a brand new composition by Thurston Moore, created in collaboration with the Bernie Sanders campaign. Titled "Feel It In Your Guts," the track is a twelve-string acoustic piece laced with excerpts from Bernie Sanders' speeches, touching on topics like the worship of money, economic inequality, social justice, and the need for basic human rights for all people.

This release is limited to 1000 hand-numbered copies on square, white flexi-disc vinyl, with screen-printed cover art by David Kloc. The release is currently available to joyful VIPs, but you have to jump through some hoops to get it:

You see, we wanted this to be a benefit release, but Joyful Noise is a company... and that means Bernie won't accept a check from us. True story. So, here is how it works:
Step 1: Donate at berniesanders.com (suggested amount $27).* This must be a new donation in your name.
Step 2: Take a screenshot of the confirmation page or email.
Step 3: Upload that screenshot to this page, and claim your free record.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Omg

From Joyful Noise, a record label:

VIPs: This has been a long time coming, and we are delighted to finally make this available to you...

We recently brought together two inspiring individuals for a very special release: a brand new composition by Thurston Moore, created in collaboration with the Bernie Sanders campaign. Titled "Feel It In Your Guts," the track is a twelve-string acoustic piece laced with excerpts from Bernie Sanders' speeches, touching on topics like the worship of money, economic inequality, social justice, and the need for basic human rights for all people.

This release is limited to 1000 hand-numbered copies on square, white flexi-disc vinyl, with screen-printed cover art by David Kloc. The release is currently available to joyful VIPs, but you have to jump through some hoops to get it:

You see, we wanted this to be a benefit release, but Joyful Noise is a company... and that means Bernie won't accept a check from us. True story. So, here is how it works:
Step 1: Donate at berniesanders.com (suggested amount $27).* This must be a new donation in your name.
Step 2: Take a screenshot of the confirmation page or email.
Step 3: Upload that screenshot to this page, and claim your free record.

See, this is just going to lead to even more people going over the campaign contribution limit. Couldn't they pick a charity instead? Or maybe the party?

Suikoguy

See, this is just going to lead to even more people going over the campaign contribution limit. Couldn't they pick a charity instead? Or maybe the party?

But then, how can Devine get paid?

ampere

"Coronation Complete. Queen Hillary Crowned Democratic Nominee. St Bernard Banished from DNC Kingdom"

Need ideas.

As the thread title?

On the 7th day, the Queen had finished her work and was ready to PARTY

He can't, they money would have to be refunded if it's over the limit. It's why Bernie's got the FEC troubles, he hasn't been returning illegal contributions.

To be fair that's probably not something he manages personally at all, but it definitely shows poor judgment and campaign organization by the people he's hired, which is not good at all.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
"Feel It In Your Guts"

I guess that's fitting. Anyone who donates at this point isn't using their brain.

border

Bernie is surrounded in his echo chamber right now, but that facade cracks pretty hard when the donations start falling through the floor (moreso than now). I feel pretty confident that Bernie will concede. Maybe not for a few weeks, but the beauty of how late the convention is held is that he's got zero chance to change the narrative for a month and a half. That'll wear him out pretty badly.

The back half of his campaign has basically just been "Wait until xxxxxx date, then we're really going to start beating Hilary!" But once all the primaries are over, I don't see how they can really hold on to that. He polls better against Trump, but that seems like such a flimsy piece of evidence for them to cling to......the primary is decided by voters, not pollsters.

Maybe I'm an idiot for thinking that Sanders will come to his senses, but I'd like to think he'll concede once California has been called.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
If Trump loses, who thinks he'll start his own news company of some sort? Glenn Beck is down for the count, and FOX News is shaky.

I mean really if he loses he has to try and make some money out of this, otherwise he will just have ruined his brand.

Edit: Sanders will concede nothing if he feels Trump can beat Hillary, unless his wife convinces him to do so.

Slayven

If Trump loses, who thinks he'll start his own news company of some sort? Glenn Beck is down for the count, and FOX News is shaky.

I mean really if he loses he has to try and make some money out of this, otherwise he will just have ruined his brand.

Edit: Sanders will concede nothing if he feels Trump can beat Hillary, unless his wife convinces him to do so.
Cause Trump started enterprises have the best record

ampere

Having a business fail is great. Having it go into debt is great. I love debt, I love playing with it. Sometimes I have a business go into debt and fail just to play with it.

The back half of his campaign has basically just been "Wait until xxxxxx date, then we're really going to start beating Hilary!" But once all the primaries are over, I don't see how they can really hold on to that. He polls better against Trump, but that seems like such a flimsy piece of evidence for them to cling to......the primary is decided by voters, not pollsters.

Maybe I'm an idiot for thinking that Sanders will come to his senses, but I'd like to think he'll concede once California has been called.

I have no proof for this, but I have a feeling that the real reason Sanders does better than Hillary in general election polls is because of the 30% or so Sanders supporters who are "Never Hillary" as compared to the 9% or so Clinton supporters who feel the same way about Sanders.

I have no proof for this, but I have a feeling that the real reason Sanders does better than Hillary in general election polls is because of the 30% or so Sanders supporters who are "Never Hillary" as compared to the 9% or so Clinton supporters who feel the same way about Sanders.

It's because he hasn't been vetted at all. There is still the image of never changing on stances and the old dude who is right on everything. Like this past weekend there isn't much play on his gaffes or scandals.

It's because he hasn't been vetted at all. There is still the image of never changing on stances and the old dude who is right on everything. Like this past weekend there isn't much play on his gaffes or scandals.

Bernie is a zombie candidate. No point in focusing on his scandals when he wont be the nominee. Republicans and the media have been all eyes on Hillary.

I mean, I think part of it is also the fact that 91% of Hillary supporters know they're not going to have to vote for Sanders, so, sure? Why not? I'll vote for him. Bernie's people may still be in the bubble that he's going to be the nominee. Hard feelings exist on the side of the also ran. As it was in 2008, so shall it be now.

gcubed

I mean, I think part of it is also the fact that 91% of Hillary supporters know they're not going to have to vote for Sanders, so, sure? Why not? I'll vote for him. Bernie's people may still be in the bubble that he's going to be the nominee. Hard feelings exist on the side of the also ran. As it was in 2008, so shall it be now.

True, saying you'd support Sanders is an empty platitude.

If someone handed me one million dollars in 20s in the next 10 minutes I'd ... drink one of Adam's terrible drinks and eat some of his terrible food .

Sure, why not, it'll never happen

border

It's more because she has run a very clean, very fair campaign against him.....not really resorting to the sort of dirty tricks and opposition research that a Republican candidate would. He has plenty of skeletons in his closet, and she never even opened the door.

The press never took him that seriously either, so negative stories about Sanders never really got any traction. Cable news will spend hours and hours talking about Hilary's emails or her Nancy Reagan AIDS comment, but negative Sanders news seems like a quick footnote at best. "His campaign violated Hilary's database and stole privileged information? Meh." If Hilary's side had done the same it'd be the next Watergate.

True, saying you'd support Sanders is an empty platitude.

If someone handed me one million dollars in 20s in the next 10 minutes I'd ... drink one of Adam's terrible drinks and eat some of his terrible food .

Sure, why not, it'll never happen

Now...I'll admit my drinks might not be, you know, "good" BUT my cooking is actually amazing. :p

Right. California is the most populated state in the Union. It makes sense that he'd want to hold out for that, even if he'll probably lose it. But it's over after that. His only drum to keep banging will be spent. And a big reason will be...

...I wonder how many of these holdouts are in CA? Because after that, a lot more people will have to face reality, and I think they move over. This will raise Hillary's polling (where she's still winning anyway) and Bernie can't keep going on about his poll numbers. It'll just look weak, and he's ultimately running a message platform with a bit of demagogue to taste. He's got the beliefs and the ego to guarantee that he'll want to be remembered well, and that means not going down like a chump.

Any good book recommendations on the 2004, 2000, and 1980 election? It doesn't need to be as poppy as something like Game Change or Double Down, but something that is a fun read.

HylianTom

Banned
Watching Bernie Stans talk up Hillary's emails and I'm fucking dead.

This final period is going to be brutal for them. The moon of reality is basically crashing into their planet; playtime is up. And despite their threats that they hold significant influence on the November outcome, we all know it ain't true.

I've been there, and it isn't fun. But after what I've seen hurled this cycle, I can't muster much empathy for the hardliners.

Makai

Dilbert guy said Trump will win in a land slide. Huh?

SCOTT ADAMS: I've been studying persuasion for decades and when I saw Trump last summer displaying the tools of persuasion I thought, 'Oh my God, he's not a crazy clown. Everything he's doing, including his complete ignoring of the facts, is persuasion perfection. I called him to be the landslide winner in the general election last year.

Essentially he's basically bringing a flamethrower to a stick fight. There's nobody using the same tools that he's using. So his complete ignoring of facts are actually part of the persuasion because he doesn't give you targets. He doesn't give you details of his policies, usually. So he's reducing the number of targets while making you feel good and focusing on the things he wants. So it's not about facts, it's about focus and attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom