• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Berners care a great deal about climate change so it's going to be reallllly hard for them not to come home.

imrs.php

HylianTom

Banned
I hope that French and his supporters hit a certain sweet spot - enough to chip a percent or two from Trump in certain areas, but not enough to majorly boost downticket turnout.

I wonder how hard Romney will push him, and I wonder if there are any other big names waiting on the sidelines to offer public support. Just nudge that needle a tiny bit.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I hope that French and his supporters hit a certain sweet spot - enough to chip a percent or two from Trump in certain areas, but not enough to majorly boost downticket turnout.

I wonder how hard Romney will push him, and I wonder if there are any other big names waiting on the sidelines to offer public support. Just nudge that needle a tiny bit.

That'd be nice.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Never thought I would see someone legit rep the Laugher Curve on PoliGAF.

I'm willing to become a single issue "people who always side with alleged domestic abusers should be shot in the balls" voter.

Gary Johnson: Shoot someone's balls off with me 2016

HylianTom

Banned
Never thought I would see someone legit rep the Laugher Curve on PoliGAF.
*rimshot*

You all know what the best part of the New York Magazine article was, right?

*pic*

Kinda shocked no one has taken it as their avatar.. she's Martha Stewart-esque in that shot.
(that's a Good Thing)

===

Also, Bernie has tweeted this this evening:
I do think that we can fulfill the legacy of presidents F.D.R., Truman, and L.B.J. and guarantee health care for all people as a right.
No Obama, eh? Interesting..

*rimshot*

Kinda shocked no one has taken it as their avatar.. she's Martha Stewart-esque in that shot.
(that's a Good Thing)

===

Also, Bernie has tweeted this this evening:

No Obama, eh? Interesting..

Bernie doesn't like or respects Obama. He fails Bernie's progressive purity test because Obama actually gets things done instead of just talking about them.

Scott Adams is that guy who takes a contrarian position and synthesizes some bullshit "middle road" solution to every single problem so he can think he's the smartest person in the room. He's like the "I'm not religious OR atheist... I'm way smarter - an agnostic" debate on the internet manifest into flesh and blood on every single issue.

no. I like this one. Someone else can take that one.

Okay. :)

Well, I'm going with this one for the time being. Pride Month+Queen=Adam's month of happiness.

YASSSS.

I'm also doing a Wonderlocke, and the first thing I got was a shiny Mudkip...followed by a Mew. XD

Everything's coming up Adam.

Looking at a hardcore white nationalist who has 12 followers and only tweets at official media accounts that never check their replies but has tweeted at them 2,500 times in the last year and I'm dying.

User1608

Banned
Looking at a hardcore white nationalist who has 12 followers and only tweets at official media accounts that never check their replies but has tweeted at them 2,500 times in the last year and I'm dying.
You love to punish yourself, don't you?😲😛

I know that feeling.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I hope DWS wins reelection, but I hope they find a new chair.

Religion is struggling among young people.

https://twitter.com/BibleEmoji/status/737074056596443136

This is like what people pretend Hillary is like.

Like, maybe I'm just old...but I don't get the purpose of some of those comments? Why shit on someone's religion? I grew up going to church every time the doors were opened. Sunday morning, Sunday night, Wednesday night prayer meeting, chapel on Friday (I went to a Christian school) and cleaned the church on Sunday. I no longer believe, but I don't get why people on Twitter have to shit on people who do.

If people have faith, and they don't hurt or restrict the rights of anyone? Knock yourself out. And if an Emoji Bible is fun for them, have at it.

thebloo

Sounds like that individual understands it about as well as the average American understands marginal tax rates

It's probably the most frustrating subject to come out in the last elections. At least most subjects are either straightforward (Lewinsky for example) or complicated enough that most people don't speculate (Whitewater).

But this one...everybody feels that they understand it and start spewing uninformed crap. And I really mean everybody, it happens on both sides that refuse to understand the complexity of the case. I can't wait for the FBI to finally make their decision and be done with it.

You know, by this point in 2008, there were tons of jokes out there about how much Queen wanted to be President. How just gosh darn thirsty she was for it. Made her look like a power mad, she devil.

Yet, I don't see those same jokes/stories about Bernie. I wonder why that could be? I can't seem to put my finger on : coughshesawomancough: why people aren't making those jokes?

I wonder.....

i don't make those jokes because I like bernie and I don't like Hillary. There should be room in your conclusion for bias as well as plain old misogyny, adam

i don't make those jokes because I like bernie and I don't like Hillary. There should be room in your conclusion for bias as well as plain old misogyny, adam

I'm talking on the pundit level, not on the personal level. :)

And, ya, I do think, again at the larger level, it's misogyny, internalized or realized, that's the difference. It's okay for a man to be "in it to win it" but it's not okay for a woman to feel the same. One of the worst things a woman can be is ambitious. This sentiment has always been directed at Hillary by the right. (See the Stand by Your Man baking cookies issue in 1992).

Pundits and comedians have humored Bernie far more than they should have. And, ya, I do think it's because he's a man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom