• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, by this point in 2008, there were tons of jokes out there about how much Queen wanted to be President. How just gosh darn thirsty she was for it. Made her look like a power mad, she devil.

Yet, I don't see those same jokes/stories about Bernie. I wonder why that could be? I can't seem to put my finger on : coughshesawomancough: why people aren't making those jokes?

I wonder.....

I'd say Hillary hasn't ever done as well as others to point out why shes running for President.

I'd say both Bernie and Obama did a better job at running on an image of "a campaign for the people" than Hillary.

I thought Hillary's first ad this cycle was really great. Probably her best by far..But she got too defensive after Bernie started attacking her and got away from the "message". And in 08 I think she became too spread out in trying different angles to find out some way to somehow come back from behind, where as Bernie hasn't pivoted from his original points at all really.

I'd say Hillary hasn't ever done as well as others to point out why shes running for President.

I'd say both Bernie and Obama did a better job at running on an image of "a campaign for the people" than Hillary.

I thought Hillary's first ad this cycle was really great. Probably her best by far..But she got too defensive after Bernie started attacking her and got away from the "message". And in 08 I think she became too spread out in trying different angles to find out some way to somehow come back from behind, where as Bernie hasn't pivoted from his original points at all really.

I think her best argument for why she wants to be President was her speech after winning South Carolina. It was brilliant, pragmatic, but also inspirational. It was a damn good speech and as good a reason as anyone else has given. In 2008, she simply didn't plan for a contested primary. That was her and her campaign's fault. Big time.

David Siders ‏@davidsiders 14h14 hours ago Emeryville, CA
After days in Central Valley, @BernieSanders asked again about water, says he still hasn't studied issue

:sigh :

No one in the campaign came up with a soundbite for him?

I think her best argument for why she wants to be President was her speech after winning South Carolina. It was brilliant, pragmatic, but also inspirational. It was a damn good speech and as good a reason as anyone else has given. In 2008, she simply didn't plan for a contested primary. That was her and her campaign's fault. Big time.

:sigh :

No one in the campaign came up with a soundbite for him?

“You are asking me questions about California that I am very interested in but right now I’m running for president of the United States,” he continued when asked about the water drought in California.

Oh wait he can't actually use the Latin America excuse because because California is part of the country he's "running" to be Preisdent of, and he still doesn't have an answer.....hmmmmmmmm! A pattern is forming.

Clefargle

TYT just called CNN "The Clinton News Network".

Hoo boy.

Oh they've done that before. TYT is so far up its ass they have convinced themselves that media bias is tilted to provide positive coverage towards the politicians they align with or "own" (lol). Despite the much simpler and evident bias towards sensationalism and turmoil that explains the trump phenomenon much better as well as the "neck in neck" horse race narrative they've been peddling about the dem race.
Also, most of the coverage trump had received has been negative but that didn't stop him rising to the top. Bernie received the third most coverage this cycle right behind Clinton and trump, but they never mention that. But TYT gave up any attempt at objectivity long ago when they set out to be the antithesis of "corporate media" by owning their own bias proudly.

Oh they've done that before. TYT is so far up its ass they have convinced themselves that media bias is tilted to provide positive coverage towards the politicians they align with or "own" (lol). Despite the much simpler and evident bias towards sensationalism and turmoil that explains the trump phenomenon much better as well as the "neck in neck" horse race narrative they've been peddling about the dem race.
Also, most of the coverage trump had received has been negative but that didn't stop him rising to the top. Bernie received the third most coverage this cycle right behind Clinton and trump, but they never mention that. But TYT gave up any attempt at objectivity long ago when they set out to be the antithesis of "corporate media" by owning their own bias proudly.

I use to actually watch and follow TYT for a while. But their antics during this primary season made me unsubscribe soo fast. They've destroyed any Integrity they may have had by being so far up Bernie ass and so staunchly anti-Hillary they they've resorted to using right-wing bullshit to attack her.

Clefargle

I use to actually watch and follow TYT for a while. But their antics during this primary season made me unsubscribe soon fast. They've destroyed any Integrity they may have had by being so far up Bernie ass and so staunchly anti-Hillary they they've resorted to using right-wing bullshit to attack her.

Me too, I'm actually still subbed and I still enjoy a lot of their coverage. But they have tied their entire messaging and image to Bernie and become absolutely nonsensical just to be contrarians.

thebloo

55 - 33 percent would trust Clinton more to make the right decisions regarding nuclear weapons

I love that this is an actual thing. People trust him to handle ISIS, the economy, foreign policy, but when it comes to nukes, he drops under 40%.

Edit: People are fucking weird. Trump is more honest and a stronger leader, but Hillary has higher moral standards and is better prepared...

Diablos

TYT just called CNN "The Clinton News Network".

Hoo boy.
TYT is so irrelevant it's not even funny. They are way more guilty of being "The Bernie Network" than CNN would be "The Clinton Network". They capitalized on anti-Bush fever and rode the Obama wave but after that they were pretty meaningless. Cenk is one of the most annoying reporters I've ever seen. He's horrible at his job and has nothing interesting to say.

+5 say Trump is more honest and trustworthy lawl
Please tell me you're joking

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Trump University and veteran charity fuckary will hopefully correct that unfortunate statistic.

Not sure that will shift the needle much on their own, but I think the press is going to become increasingly aggressive in fact checking and calling him out on every single thing. And unless he gets his ego and temper in check, he is going to appear increasingly agitated and unstable as a result too.

It will be a very slow but steady decrease in confidence towards the election.

I use to actually watch and follow TYT for a while. But their antics during this primary season made me unsubscribe soo fast. They've destroyed any Integrity they may have had by being so far up Bernie ass and so staunchly anti-Hillary they they've resorted to using right-wing bullshit to attack her.
TYT and Cenk have always been trash, and I pride myself for seeing that years ago when they first gained popularity and gaf was riding their dick.

I just want to bitch about something here.

Not only did my dad tell me he's voting for Trump, he implored me to not vote for Hillary.

I can't even guys.

amigod

lshfkldhfkshfsf

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

That's rough. Voting Republican is one thing, but Trump is such a particularly loathsome and deficient human being that I can imagine it must exacerbate the challenge for family members to overcome having such disparate values. I feel fortunate that my immediate family are all liberals. I can't imagine how different my relationship with my dad would be if he would even entertain voting for Trump.

thebloo

We're doomed.

Q7OGkBq.gif

NeoXChaos

So it looks like Diablos and cartoon solider are back to normal after their primary soul switching.

Diablos is back to his usual Diablosing.

Poll: Clinton, Sanders lead Trump in Michigan match-ups

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton holds a small lead over businessman Donald Trump in new Michigan poll that shows the unpopularity of both leading presidential candidates could create an opportunity for a third-party candidate to pick off votes.

In a head-to-head general election match-up, presumptive Democratic nominee Clinton led presumptive Republican nominee Trump 43 percent to 38.5 percent, according to the poll released exclusively to The Detroit News and WDIV-TV. The survey of 600 likely voters found 4 percent saying they’ll vote for someone else and 12 percent remaining undecided.

My Dad consistently votes Republican. He started off saying Trump is terrible, but recently I've watched him contort himself more and more to justify voting Trump. Apparently he believes Hillary is a criminal mastermind lol. But my Mom ain't buying that shit, and is a full Hillary Stan.

Moms>>>>dads

Emarv

My Dad consistently votes Republican. He started off saying Trump is terrible, but recently I've watched him contort himself more and more to justify voting Trump. Apparently he believes Hillary is a criminal mastermind lol. But my Mom ain't buying that shit, and is a full Hillary Stan.

Moms>>>>dads

So much of my facebook is in Stockholm Syndrome mode, slowly convincing themselves that Trump isn't so bad after months of saying he was unfit. It's glorious to watch the mental gymnastics going on.

So much of my facebook is in Stockholm Syndrome mode, slowly convincing themselves that Trump isn't so bad after months of saying he was unfit. It's glorious to watch the mental gymnastics going on.
Yup. My Dad followed the same path as the Republican Establishment.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
No one will accuse msnbc of anything because no one watches msnbc (my phone Keeps trying to change this to "man but") but where is Joe Scarborough on there?

4073756546_c37d04fd60.jpg

Michael Steele muppet was one of my favorite things TDS ever did.

No one will accuse msnbc of anything because no one watches msnbc (my phone Keeps trying to change this to "man but") but where is Joe Scarborough on there?

They honestly try and pretend like he is some kind of impartial voice of reason. That being said he is better than 90% of current republicans.

ampere

If everyone totally changes avatars I'll have no idea who I'm talking to o.o

I'm gonna go with a flair modification to my current one

I just want to bitch about something here.

Not only did my dad tell me he's voting for Trump, he implored me to not vote for Hillary.

Did he say why? I mean some Asian Americans do vote GoP, but this election in particular it's quite surprising.

Literally one positive news cycle at this point will probably send her GE lead up by five points.

What was her last GREAT news cycle? The Benghazi hearings?

HylianTom

Banned
Literally one positive news cycle at this point will probably send her GE lead up by five points.

What was her last GREAT news cycle? The Benghazi hearings?
That was the week where:
- she handled the hearings deftly
- Biden announced he wasn't running

Her numbers ticked-up. That hearing was some of the best advertising she could've asked for.

Emarv

Nobody watches MSNBC except for Maddow at night. Be real, no one under the age of 75 watches Hannity, Kelly, Don Lemon, etc. I don't care what political affiliation you have. People watch Anderson. People watch Maddow. Even if they're hatewatching.

Okay, I lied. Sometimes I watch Erin Burnett and Megyn Kelly ;)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That was the week where:

Her numbers ticked-up. That hearing was some of the best advertising she could've asked for.

People actually like her when she's doing a job, the hearings reminded everyone of that.

That was the week where:

That's what I mean. That was her last unqualified (no pun intended) fantastic news cycle and her numbers soared. She had some good ones after some of the big primaries but even those were more in an indirect "reality check for Sanders" way. She's basically just been absorbing punishment for seven or eight months and has never lost the lead in either race.

Now one might very reasonably argue that a better candidate would be able to make better news cycles for herself along the way. But I think it also shows how little she actually needs to be prohibitively far ahead again.

teiresias

Fun story about the effectiveness of contractor's for the federal government. My work's janitorial service contractor has no toilet paper in their warehouse. There is no toilet paper at work anywhere - in any building so far as anyone can tell.

Yeah, awarding to the lowest bidder always works out so well.

Fun story about the effectiveness of contractor's for the federal government. My work's janitorial service contractor has no toilet paper in their warehouse. There is no toilet paper at work anywhere - in any building so far as anyone can tell.

Yeah, awarding to the lowest bidder always works out so well.

Are you in Venezuela?

Nobody watches MSNBC except for Maddow at night. Be real, no one under the age of 75 watches Hannity, Kelly, Don Lemon, etc. I don't care what political affiliation you have. People watch Anderson. People watch Maddow. Even if they're hatewatching.

Okay, I lied. Sometimes I watch Erin Burnett and Megyn Kelly ;)

I hate watch hannity every once in a while. Im 29. I usually take months between watches to recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom