• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, with regards to Sanders having not studied the water issue in California, it's worth pointing out he's a member of the Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources. As well as the Subcommittee on Water and Power, and the Subcommittee on Fisheries, Water, and Wildlife.

So, with regards to Sanders having not studied the water issue in California, it's worth pointing out he's a member of the Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources. As well as the Subcommittee on Water and Power, and the Subcommittee on Fisheries, Water, and Wildlife.

But if we break up the big banks, water will no longer be an issue.

he can just study up on it, someone go get some flash cards and a diet soda

Ophelion

Fucking plz

Look at that phony, pandering to people who like nature and birds and shit.

Seriously though, the magical thinking of some people that the stupid bird was some kind of sign that Sanders is the chosen one is unbearably saccharine. No matter how much some people might like reality to function on Disney movie logic, birds still don't give a shit who's POTUS.

ampere

E9xDx2l.png

What are birds? We just don't know

Look at that phony, pandering to people who like nature and birds and shit.

Seriously though, the magical thinking of some people that the stupid bird was some kind of sign that Sanders is the chosen one is unbearably saccharine. No matter how much some people might like reality to function on Disney movie logic, birds still don't give a shit who's POTUS.

Many of them are probably people who will then talk about how great it is that he's not religious and make fun of Clinton's "God-given potential" line

If you didnt realize with Bernie switching to a Democrat. Vermont now has two Democratic Senators for the first time in its history.

Vermont used to be the most consistently Republican state in the nation. It went Republican in every presidential election from the founding of the party until voting for LBJ in 1964. In fact, that election was the first time that a Democratic presidential candidate had ever carried Vermont, as prior to 1856 it always voted for Whig and National Republican candidates against the Democrats. Even FDR never managed to carry Vermont.

That 1964 result seemed to be an anomaly caused by Barry Goldwater being a poor fit for the state, as Vermont went right back to voting Republican after that election. However, as the Republican Party came to be increasingly influenced by Goldwater's brand of conservatism, the state slowly began moving towards the Democrats. By 1988 it had moved towards Democrats enough that it was one of 18 states that Dukakis was seriously contesting by the end of the campaign, though he ended up falling short. 1992 was the breakthrough year, as Bill Clinton easily carried the state. Vermont has gone Democratic in presidential elections ever since.

Pat Leahy was the first Democratic senator elected from Vermont, narrowly winning his seat in the Watergate-fueled Democratic midterm wave of 1974. He's held the seat ever since. The other seat remained in Republican hands until 2001, when Jim Jeffords switched his affiliation from Republican to Independent and began caucusing with the Democrats (his switch was a big deal since it gave control of the Senate to the Democrats).

olympia

dramatis

i'd figured it was this one that would already be on this thread's mind, ya rudes.

it might be paywalled. can i paste the article text? is that allowed?

you guys probably discussed it already but it's hard to keep track of these threads on mobile

http://www.wsj.com/articles/clinton-might-not-be-the-nominee-1464733898
Oh, someone linked to that earlier.

It's WSJ opinion. Which means it's pretty much clickbait. WSJ proper is not bad, but their editorial/opinion section is a swirling mass of...something.

I do feel it's kind of sad nowadays that we have to think twice about sources even at the highest level.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Argh Georgia:

Political Polls ‏@PpollingNumbers 20m20 minutes ago
Political Polls Retweeted Political Polls
Georgia General Election,
4-way-race:

Trump (R) 45% (+7)
Clinton (D) 38%
Johnson (L) 6%
Stein (G) 2%

@ppppolls

olympia

Oh, someone linked to that earlier.

It's WSJ opinion. Which means it's pretty much clickbait. WSJ proper is not bad, but their editorial/opinion section is a swirling mass of...something.

I do feel it's kind of sad nowadays that we have to think twice about sources even at the highest level.

haha, gotcha. I guess "story" was being generous.

NeoXChaos

Jane Sanders on Andrea Mitchell: "The media wants to tell you that it's over on Tuesday. It's not over. Bernie is taking this to the convention.""No one will have the necessary pledged delegates to secure the nomination of 2,026."

sigh

dramatis

haha, gotcha. I guess "story" was being generous.
Like I said, WSJ itself isn't bad, but most people probably wouldn't know that their opinion section is strongly conservative/Republican (establishment type).

Of course, you do have to remember that WSJ is "Wall Street Journal", so they will always favor Wall Street. Same goes for "The Economist", which also isn't all bad, but it does favor big business and stuff like that. Publications have their nuance.

Jane Sanders on Andrea Mitchell: "The media wants to tell you that it's over on Tuesday. It's not over. Bernie is taking this to the convention.""No one will have the necessary pledged delegates to secure the nomination of 2,026."

sigh
I think she said the wrong number because someone will definitely have that amount

Google Search for Author:
He is a political analyst for Fox News and a columnist for Newsmax.

Also, apparently a disciple of the art known as "experimental writing"

I can literally feel him channeling the presence of Seth Abramson, "guys, guys, guys... okay, maybe a long shot... but, guys, guys, guess what? ... what if... okay this is gonna seem totally crazy, but what if this one weird thing happened that changed EVERYTHING... and what if I told I KNEW it was going to happen... guys? guys?"

HylianTom

Banned
PPP:
By 50/31 spread Trump fans in GA approve of calling Sen. Warren 'Pocahontas.' Rest of electorate disapproves 10/86..

Keep baiting him, Senator. If non-Trumpians in Georgia don't like how he interacts with her..

“How do you do it? It’s a good question. And the truth is, right now I’m a bit busy running for president to have figured that out, other than to tell you that it requires a mass-based political effort bringing millions of people together.”

— Sen. Bernie Sanders, in an interview with Rolling Stone, on how he would get his proposals through a GOP-controlled Congress.

First time I have seen this. God fucking dammit

Jane is not very good with numbers.

Numbers are an establishment tool to oppress the white working class.

First time I have seen this. God fucking dammit

Numbers are an establishment tool to oppress the working class.

It's the fundamental trap of populism - you reach the early phase of your political aspiration very quickly on the backs of big numbers and big enthusiasm... it's hard not to think the continuing solution to every problem is even bigger numbers and even bigger enthusiasm.

If it were really that easy, Taylor Swift should have run.

WSJ is gold standard for business reporting in the sense that they very rarely if ever report incorrect business information. Their sourcing is ironclad and they don't report rumors unless they're really.. not rumors.

Op-ed page is a dumpster fire.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Nate Silver, Harry Enten and others are saying the exact same thing most of us said in here from the beginning: republicans are all lining up behind Trump. It will be no different this time (or any time). They will NEVER stop supporting their candidate.

Nate Silver, Harry Enten and others are saying the exact same thing most of us said in here from the beginning: republicans are all lining up behind Trump. It will be no different this time (or any time). They will NEVER stop supporting their candidate.
Maybe we should be happy Cruz isn't the nominee. Still wonder how that would've played out.

studyguy

Maybe we should be happy Cruz isn't the nominee. Still wonder how that would've played out.

Zodiac Killer memes all day every day to November. More people in disbelief that Cruz had like 5 mistresses. Lots of chest thumping with bibles in hand from CURAGEOUS CONSERVATIVES out to abolish every reasonable woman's health issue/gay right.

Personally I prefer the shitposting on social media with Trump to that any day.

Yeah, for all they got wrong about Trump's path to the nomination, they've nailed everything since then in regards to party behavior.

studyguy

Republicans falling in line and Democrats falling in love will never change.
Even in the face of a party meltdown or insurmountable odds.

Maledict

Republicans falling in line and Democrats falling in love will never change.
Even in the face of a party meltdown or insurmountable odds.

Hardly though - 2008 and 2012 were exactly the opposite. In 2008 once HIllary conceded the party fell behind Obama very rapidly and successfully, whereas McCain struggled all summer and ended up having to pick a lunatic as his VP choice purely to motivate the base. Similarly in 2012 Romney really struggled against a clown car of opponents to win the republican primary, and again the base only got really engaged after the first debate.

Emarv

I legit just woke up from a nap where I dreamed the FBI announced Hilary was 100% clear during the middle of the NBA Finals.

What are you doing to me, PoliGAF?!

thefro

WSJ is gold standard for business reporting in the sense that they very rarely if ever report incorrect business information. Their sourcing is ironclad and they don't report rumors unless they're really.. not rumors.

A lot of people seem to think that Emily Rogers and a person banned from GAF are more credible than them on the NX, so we'll see what happens there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom