• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is third term fatigue even a thing? We've had long stretches of time in this country with the president being from one party, with like, one term of some random, and back to the other party. That's actually been the norm in our country until the last generation or so.

I think it's just a thing where because there have been so few examples in modern times, it's a "rule".

Bowdz

Third term fatigue with a president running some of the highest favorable in a long damn time. The DNC coalition as a whole once mobilized is gonna really be something.

Also primaries next week then E3 the following.
No need to hoard salt, it'll be raining from the skies soon.

A Cali win for Hilldawg next week. God of War 4, Crash Bandicoot: Tokyo Drift, and Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster the following week.

Perfection.

It's great watching Fox News keep trying to cover Clinton e-mails while the rest of the TV media is covering Trump University. Great times.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Is third term fatigue even a thing? We've had long stretches of time in this country with the president being from one party, with like, one term of some random, and back to the long string before some event or swing in the country shifts it the other direction. That's actually been the norm in our country until the last generation or so.

It's hard for anything to be a thing due to the limited sample size and variables constantly changing due to altered demographics.

I think it's just a thing where because there have been so few examples in modern times, it's a "rule".

True, we've gone Dem, Rep, Rep (1 term), Dem, Rep, Dem now back and forth for 30 years, but I think Bush was such a disaster and the racial issues with the GOP are the thing that sets up the Democrats to continue holding the White House for the foreseeable future.

Historically, the things that caused massive blocks of the same party were things like the Civil War and Great Depression. Bush's Recession might be the event that causes the block of Democrats this time around.

You nerds still care about E3? It's been trash for years

I do want to see the Zelda stuff though
huh? E3 is great. You mad about booth babes or something?

E3 is like SNL. Everyone has an opinion about their favorite season but it's always been on the same level of quality.

E3 is like SNL. Everyone has an opinion about their favorite season but it's always been on the same level of quality.

'Always' is ignorant of the wilderness years away from the Staples Center.

I love E3 (and sadly can't take time off this year to follow along from home), but the best will always be 2006, and not just because I got to go that year. I doubt we'll see anything quite as hype as the Wii was that year any time soon.

I only really care about Indie, Nintendo, Sega, Bethesda and Valve games. Those are pretty much the only video games I play anymore. And when I say Bethesda, I mean Elder Scrolls and New Vegas, and nothing else they do (not even Fallout 4 excited me).

Nintendo is usually the only part of E3 I care about, generally. This year, days of Zelda coverage will be kind of nice I guess, but the game is so far away, it hardly seems worth it to get excited for it. It's not really like Smash Bros where I can get hyped for literally years and never get tired of it, since it has no story and basically limitless game play.

So this year will likely be the first year in about a decade where I don't really actively follow E3 or get excited for it. I am entirely out of touch with modern gaming (especially western games) and have very little interest to get into it at all.

Holmes

Final Fantasy XII HD at E3.

tumblr_n1qau1cdfj1tt9lrzo3_250.gif

The Last of Us 2 and I will lose my shit. The DLC was some of the best portrayal of LGBT characters ever. Ever.

I also want a new Ratchet and Clank game...or something from Insomniac. Sunset Overdrive 2 please.

ampere

Nintendo's Treehouse has NOT been trash. Get good brah. Although...idk if they're doing that this year.

I think they are only doing Zelda demo stations, no Direct either

I've mostly been playing indie games and Blizzard games over the past few years so I guess it just doesn't appeal to me as much anymore. Combined with Nintendo's diminished presence there I'm just meh

The Last of Us 2 and I will lose my shit. The DLC was some of the best portrayal of LGBT characters ever. Ever.

TLoU and the DLC were truly worthy of their prices and praise. I think I beat the DLC in one sitting lol

Diablos

I also want a new Ratchet and Clank game...or something from Insomniac. Sunset Overdrive 2 please.
Brick. Fucking. Master!

More R&C please.

Drakeon

The Last of Us 2, new God of War, and all the new Final Fantasy info, trailers, gameplay, etc. that I can handle please.

Please, no more FFXIII. Let's focus on XV and the VII remake. Anything but XIII.

You misread that, he said XII, not XIII. So the last PS2 one.

The Last of Us 2, new God of War, and all the new Final Fantasy info, trailers, gameplay, etc. that I can handle please.

Please, no more FFXIII. Let's focus on XV and the VII remake. Anything but XIII.
FF12 not 13.

Both are equally horrid imo so feel free to interchange.

I think they are only doing Zelda demo stations, no Direct either

I've mostly been playing indie games and Blizzard games over the past few years so I guess it just doesn't appeal to me as much anymore. Combined with Nintendo's diminished presence there I'm just meh

TLoU and the DLC were truly worthy of their prices and praise. I think I beat the DLC in one sitting lol

There's no Direct, but the gameplay segments are being hosted by the Treehouse people. Erik Peterson....:( I love you bae.

Also, I heard the reason Nintendo doesn't have more games at E3 is because of Bernie Sanders. My uncle works for Nintendo.

Diablos

FF12 not 13.

Both are equally horrid imo so feel free to interchange.
I wasn't crazy about XII either but it definitely deserves a HD version. I loved the music and game world... and some of the characters were ok, but I didn't like the battle system at all.

johnsmith

remember me
Glad it was rejected but it's gross anybody thought this was a good idea. They wanted a literal purge.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=40014400&ni...ats-reject-proposal-to-punish-clinton-backers

Utah Democrats have rejected a proposal to punish superdelegates that vote for Hillary Clinton at the party's national nominating convention.

Supporters of Bernie Sanders argued that because the Vermont senator won Utah's Democratic presidential caucus by a large margin, any Utah superdelegates backing Clinton are ignoring the voice of the people.

The Utah Democratic Central Committee rejected a proposal Tuesday that would have punished Clinton backers by kicking them out of party positions and withholding support should they run for office. Committee members noted the proposal would have violated national Democratic Party rules.

ampere

Persona 5 English release date

This is relevant to my interests. It's why I'm still keeping my phat PS3 around

If they announce a PC release... bye bye PS3 u gone

There's no Direct, but the gameplay segments are being hosted by the Treehouse people. Erik Peterson....:( I love you bae.

Also, I heard the reason Nintendo doesn't have more games at E3 is because of Bernie Sanders. My uncle works for Nintendo.

Woah your uncle is Reggie? Cray.

Race, Gender Biggest Differentiators in Views of Clinton, Trump

http://i.imgur.com/tAZHEta.png[IMG]
Are we surprised?[/QUOTE]

We need to ban white males from voting. Except me, I can handle the responsibility and vote Hilldawg

There are still a lot of uncommitted people in those categories. I'm definitely interested in seeing how those numbers change post conventions

Glad it was rejected but it's gross anybody thought this was a good idea. They wanted a literal purge.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=40014400&ni...ats-reject-proposal-to-punish-clinton-backers

Ugh. That's fucking GROSS.

This is relevant to my interests. It's why I'm still keeping my phat PS3 around

If they announce a PC release... bye bye PS3 u gone

Woah your uncle is Reggie? Cray.

We need to ban white males from voting. Except me, I can handle the responsibility and vote Hilldawg

There are still a lot of uncommitted people in those categories. I'm definitely interested in seeing how those numbers change post conventions

We need to ban straight, white males from voting...unless they pass a purity test that I just invented right now. They'll be a written test and an oral examination. (Not innuendo).

Question 1:

What is the proper way to address Hillary Rodham Clinton?
a) Secretary Clinton
b) Mrs. Clinton
c) Hillary
d) YASSS QUEEN WERK FUCK YASSSSSSSSS

Question 2:

What is the best color of pantsuit on Hillary?
a) WTF is a pantsuit?
b) Seriously, why do I care about---
c) Let me fucking finish!
d) ALL THE COLORS RAINBOW WERK YASSSS

Question 3 (short response):

What, in your opinion, is Hillarys most iconic look ever?

Question 4 (essay):

Write a story in which Huma and Hillary explore what it means to be a woman in modern politics. (Extra credit for any creative use of the word "caucus")

BONUS QUESTION:

Tell me I'm pretty.....

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
'Always' is ignorant of the wilderness years away from the Staples Center.

I love E3 (and sadly can't take time off this year to follow along from home), but the best will always be 2006, and not just because I got to go that year. I doubt we'll see anything quite as hype as the Wii was that year any time soon.

*high five*

That was my very first E3, and man what a great one to start off with. Easily the most hyped and funnest one I've ever been to. I'll be going again this time around, and though I've enjoyed all subsequent trips, none compare to 06.

Ugh. That's fucking GROSS.

We need to ban straight, white males from voting...unless they pass a purity test that I just invented right now. They'll be a written test and an oral examination. (Not innuendo).

Question 1:

What is the proper way to address Hillary Rodham Clinton?
a) Secretary Clinton
b) Mrs. Clinton
c) Hillary
d) YASSS QUEEN WERK FUCK YASSSSSSSSS

Question 2:

What is the best color of pantsuit on Hillary?
a) WTF is a pantsuit?
b) Seriously, why do I care about---
c) Let me fucking finish!
d) ALL THE COLORS RAINBOW WERK YASSSS

Question 3 (short response):

What, in your opinion, is Hillarys most iconic look ever?

Question 4 (essay):

Write a story in which Huma and Hillary explore what it means to be a woman in modern politics. (Extra credit for any creative use of the word "caucus")

BONUS QUESTION:

Tell me I'm pretty.....

Not Straight White Male, but I will take the quiz anyway!

1. D.
2. D.
3. THE YAAAASSS QUEEEEN WERKS WITH BEY look.
4. HUMA AND HILLARY SCREAM "YAAAAASSSSSS QUEEEEN!" Caucus.
5. No.

Not Straight White Male, but I will take the quiz anyway!

1. D.
2. D.
3. THE YAAAASSS QUEEEEN WERKS WITH BEY look.
4. HUMA AND HILLARY SCREAM "YAAAAASSSSSS QUEEEEN!" Caucus.
5. No.

Congratulations.

Your "I'm allowed to vote for Queen" card will arrive in 7-10 business days.

But, really on number 5? Really? I'd cry, but emotions are for ugly people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom