• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

bananas

Banned
6wIQ3Ue.jpg

WINNER
WEINER

Thanks...I think.

Urg. I feel like state solutions will always screw over smaller states that don't have the populations necessary to establish significantly sized insurance pools.

IIRC, there were multiple proposed public options back in 2009. Two were non-profit federally established insurance agencies that competed with private insurers, and the third was simply putting a Medicare buy-in option on the exchanges. I remember all the fearmongering of government takeovers on Waldon and Johnson (sp?) from my younger, more conservative days.

Ya, her plan is based on it not requiring additional laws to go through, I think. She can use the waiver program to help the states create their own program. I wonder if a group of states could like get together and create a public option for a region. I'm guessing not...

I think a public option is the smart way to go towards not-for-profit healthcare. I don't think single payer is ever going to happen, but a multipayer not-for-profit system seems like the better solution.

Tarkus

Thanks...I think.

Ya, her plan is based on it not requiring additional laws to go through, I think. She can use the waiver program to help the states create their own program. I wonder if a group of states could like get together and create a public option for a region. I'm guessing not...

I think a public option is the smart way to go towards not-for-profit healthcare. I don't think single payer is ever going to happen, but a multipayer not-for-profit system seems like the better solution.
Yes!! But before we can make your trophy for being the Weiner, you'll have two choices: Cut or uncut, and white or brown. What will it be champ?

Cerium

Re: Trying to get Barney Frank tossed, declaring war on HIV activists

EVERYTHING I EVER SAID ABOUT BERNIE AND HIS BROS HAS BEEN VINDICATED

I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG

F U BERNIE

Me when my straight guy friends start talking about cars:

LL

I have a few topics I can talk to my straight guy friends about.

Football (American and real) and video games.

That's basically it. I know nothing about cars. Like, I get where the key goes, but that's about it.

Paskil

After midnight, we're gonna build a wall down south
After midnight, we're gonna Trump-a-lump and shout
We're gonna stimulate some fascism
We're gonna get some masochism
We're gonna find out what it is all about
After midnight, we're gonna let it all hang down (after midnight, after midnight)

After midnight, we're gonna shake a minority (after midnight, after midnight)
After midnight, it's all gonna be rallies and stormfront dreams (after midnight, after midnight)
We're gonna cause PC sensationalism
We're gonna talk 'bout nationalism
We're gonna find out what it is all about (what it is all about) (what it is all about)
After midnight, we're gonna make MURICA great again (we're gonna make it great again)
(We're gonna make it great again)
After midnight, we're gonna build a wall down south

One should be called Handegg and the other just Football.

And Real Madrid is the only team worth following.

I watch MLS and the Premiere League mostly. (MLS my team is the Columbus Crew and PL Is Man United and Crystal Palace....but the latter is a long story...)

I also love Aussie rules football, and I'll watch rugby when it's on. I love the scrum...

I have nothing against Real Madrid. :)

johnsmith

remember me
lol

"We’re going to come to California. Now everybody said for a Republican to run in California, it’s not going to happen. But I’m sort of different, you know? I’m, like, different,” Trump said. “We’re going to work California hard. We’re going to work the state of Washington hard. We may even work Oregon hard because we’ve been really treated up there great. We’re going to work a lot of states that you wouldn’t work."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/donald-trump-california-oregon-washington-223809#ixzz4AOvbeULf

so Dave Wasserman and Nate Cohn dragged the shit out of Benchmark on Twitter tonight

basically called them out on knowing absolute fuck all about the geographic nuances of the data they're looking at (citing IN, KY, and the VA general "benchmark" in particular)

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
There's something kinda enduring about Trump ignoring all conventional wisdom and soulless statistics, and getting a feel for the electorate with on the ground campaigning.

It's idiotic, but I have to admit I like the sentiment.

I mean, it is a stupid name for a game in which the foot and the ball are only rarely linked.

Well Rugby football and Association football both came over here from England in the 19th century.. Rugby Football became really popular amongst colleges over here (which overtime grew into modern american football), where as association football became really popular overseas.

They dropped the association and we dropped the rugby. Cause football is just a better word than Rugby. And the english even created the term soccer to abbreviate association, but dropped it like a rock once we started using it as the main term to describe it

Well Rugby football and Association football both came over here from England in the 19th century.. Rugby Football became really popular amongst colleges over here (which overtime grew into modern american football), where as association football became really popular overseas.

They dropped the association and we dropped the rugby. Cause football is just a better word than Rugby. And the english even created the term soccer to abbreviate association, but dropped it like a rock once we started using it as the main term to describe it

That's super interesting. I knew none of that. Cheers. :)

Tubie

I watch MLS and the Premiere League mostly. (MLS my team is the Columbus Crew and PL Is Man United and Crystal Palace....but the latter is a long story...)

I also love Aussie rules football, and I'll watch rugby when it's on. I love the scrum...

I have nothing against Real Madrid. :)

I wanna get more into MLS.

I mostly follow the Spanish league and to a much lesser degree the English league. It's sad how far Manchester Utd has fallen :(

Chichikov

I have a few topics I can talk to my straight guy friends about.

Football (American and real) and video games.

That's basically it. I know nothing about cars. Like, I get where the key goes, but that's about it.
You need some Regular Car Review in your life.
Watch the 1986 Buick Grand National review, it will make you a better person (he also talks about Reagonomics there, so like it's topical or something).

And really, the Grand National should be in the citizenship test.

Tubie

As a massive Revs fan, it isn't an easy league to get into. It's incredibly frustrating. But just embrace the nonsense. It's worth it.

Any team you are close to? If you live in the US/Canada that is

Not close to any of the teams sadly.

It's why I've mostly ignored the league.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That Clinton email thread is hilarious. It's three Bernie Bros circle-jerking over legalese-sounding Woo they found on some blog.

You need some Regular Car Review in your life.
Watch the 1986 Buick Grand National review, it will make you a better person (he also talks about Reagonomics there, so like it's topical or something).

And really, the Grand National should be in the citizenship test.

I've just never been good with things like cars and such. It's like....I'll never drive one, sooo....ya. Although, I do have an addiction to YouTube videos...

Priebus thought Trump was going to cut the party a check? Aaaaaaaahahahaha. He really is an idiot. And to think he actually gets paid for his job, always fun. It might have been back in 2006-7 (I really can't remember) but Trump had this feud with Lawrence O'Donnell after he called Trump out on his alleged net worth. His claims were that Trump wasn't even worth $1B so his entire image was a lie. Trump never settled that claim and you'll note these days that he's in favor of expanding libel laws against the media. He refuses to release any of his taxes and he'd dodgy as hell on the subject of net worth.

Trying to tell him he's less wealthy than he says he is might be the worst thing you could do to Trump (other than insult his hands, apparently). I hope the attack dog democratic surrogates tease him about this in some way. It'd drive him crazy. Hell, look at how furious he got over $6M, only $1M of which was his. Any properly wealthy loon would have written a check for the full 6 million on the spot to get the media to back the hell off. When it comes to the GE you can't bully the media into extra coverage or predominately positive coverage anymore.
Where's Tad Devine? I've not seen him in weeks.
Took the cash and his family to the safety of the Caymans before the campaign ends and people start asking about it. I would, at least.

I just watched Chris Matthews tear Weaver a new asshole over the Bernie tax return thing.

OMG. Tweety, I didnt think you had it in you, brah. So beautiful.

BanGy.nz

Banned
Tad has ties with the Democratic Party that both Sanders and Weaver don't, him being backbenched isn't a great sign for #PartyUnity.
Posters changing their avatar and username on the same day is deeply confusing.
New avatar but same username.
I just watched Chris Matthews tear Weaver a new asshole over the Bernie tax return thing.

OMG. Tweety, I didnt think you had it in you, brah. So beautiful.
Led him down that garden path like a champ.

Tad has ties with the Democratic Party that both Sanders and Weaver don't, him being backbenched isn't a great sign for #PartyUnity.
New avatar but same username.

Led him down that garden path like a champ.

Devine is also pretty old. He's not in the Clinton's orbit at the moment, so that makes his presidential level ambitions pretty low until at least 2024. I doubt his name will have any weight after this cycle. He just probably wants the cash.

Also, Weaver was saying that Bernie is going to use his prime time speech to argue for the nomination? If that's the case, then he either doesn't get to speak at all, or he gets to speak on Wednesday evening....after the roll call.

Oh wow.

Did anyone post this from Gavin Newsom?

In 2004, after I ordered the city clerk to give same-sex couples marriage licenses, I quickly became a pariah in the Democratic Party. I was accused of endangering Sen. Kerry's campaign for president, my speech at the national convention was cancelled, and most hurtful, major democratic candidates and elected officials -- some of whom were my friends -- refused to be photographed with me or even be in the same room with me. I was being demonized by the left and the right. Only one major figure in the Dem party was willing to be photographed with me: Hillary Clinton. In 2004, we did an event together down at Delancey Street in San Francisco. I'll never forget that moment -- that when I was being attacked for my position on same sex marriage and what we did in San Francisco, she was willing to stand with me in public when no one else was. ‪#‎ImWithHer‬

I typically go over every page in these threads but the last two weeks my computer has been down and missed a lot of it.

I don't really have the time to go through the last 300 pages or such but can anyone summarize the biggest things recently?

I know and saw a few things such

Bernie Trump possible debate

but may have missed some good things that I usually wouldn't have

and then she will declare war on the straight white males and there will be no quarter
Thought I could trust you EBay..

But....I mean, it's not a competition...but I'm the gayest, right? I mean...not that it matters one way or the other...but, like, if you had to pick?
Adam.. You're so gay, you make Liberace look straight.
Did that work? People know who Liberace is still right?

I heard Adam once drunkenly hijacked the Oscar Mayer wienermobile. It was recovered several hours later with Adam passed out nakedly splayed across the top like a haphazard squirt of mustard.
:jnc

One should be called Handegg and the other just Football.

And Real Madrid is the only team worth following.
You son of a ..,

I kinda did that on purpose, sorry :)
Better. Everytime I hear/see some euro using that.. I tell them that when they say that, it makes me wish I could take back Normandy and leave you all to rot.

You have to watch either one season of RuPaul or six scUM games where they beat OSU. DECIDE.
So basically watching Cooper's entire tenure?

I can deal with that.

lol

"We’re going to come to California. Now everybody said for a Republican to run in California, it’s not going to happen. But I’m sort of different, you know? I’m, like, different,” Trump said. “We’re going to work California hard. We’re going to work the state of Washington hard. We may even work Oregon hard because we’ve been really treated up there great. We’re going to work a lot of states that you wouldn’t work."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/donald-trump-california-oregon-washington-223809#ixzz4AOvbeULf

work. fuck. trump.

Adam, y'all need to get this man for cultural appropriation.

dramatis

I typically go over every page in these threads but the last two weeks my computer has been down and missed a lot of it.

I don't really have the time to go through the last 300 pages or such but can anyone summarize the biggest things recently?

I know and saw a few things such

Bernie Trump possible debate

Trump was asked on Jimmy Kimmel if he would debate Sanders. Trump said sure.

Sanders campaign immediately fishes for media attention and calls to have the debate.

Trump changes his mind and decides he doesn't want to debate a loser.

Rachel Maddow obtains a letter from Sanders campaign to DNC demanding that Barney Frank and Dan Malloy be removed from the DNC rules committee because they are too biased against Sanders. If they don't get their way, the letter threatens Nevada repeat at national convention.

State department Inspector General released report saying email practices at the State department sucked and should be better. This bit of Hillary email news has to compete with the Sanders letter plus...

In Cali, Sanders meets with a group of AIDS activists. He talks about adopting his one stance on AIDS, they part. Sanders campaign releases press thing saying they wee endorsed by the AIDS activists. The activists release their own thing saying, no, we did not endorse. Sanders campaign accuses the activist of being big pharma toadies.

Trump accuses the judge presiding over the Trump University trial of being biased and, of course, Mexican.

BanGy.nz

Banned
  • Obama banned Y2Kev from the White House.
  • Trump University was a scam.
  • Trump implied Hillary killed Vince Foster.
  • Trump didn't raise 6 million for veterans, kept most of the money until reporters starting asking questions.
  • Bernie doesn't like Barney Frank.
  • Bernie will fight to the convention.
  • Elizabeth Warren gave a great speech about Trump.
  • Obama gave a great speech about Trump.
  • State department released a report on Clintons emails. She's probably
    not
    going to jail.
  • Clinton has 45 million cash in hand.
  • Tim Canova is kinda scary and Debbie Wassermann Schultz will crush him during the primary.
  • Libertarian party picked a more pragmatic and qualified ticket then the Republicans.
  • Bill Kristols #NeverTrump candidate is flop.

Getting tired of "California is so critical" narrative going around the news.

Wow, Bernie might finally win a big state.
What case can he make if he wins California?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom