• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't know, and after his actions over the past few months, I don't trust him one bit.

I hope that the party closes ranks quickly and forcefully, so that Bernie and his bitter clingers are isolated and end-up looking petty/foolish.
I dont want to write Bernie out. He's a reliable, solid Blue vote in the senate and will make a good partner for Hillary when she decides to create a gun legislation bill. He has good clout in Vermont and whoever follows him will have his blessing.

I just want this primary to be over yesterday. His campaign has got to his head and making him erratic and a loose cannon.

Emarv

Obama got this, you guys. He'll woo the Sanders supporters over, no prob.

You don't think the Social Security expansion announcement wasn't important? My BernieBro friend text me "about time". I was like, "I see you, Barry. I see you."

The week before?
I'd expect much higher or at least the straggler absentee ballots making it in by this weekend.
Do we have any percentage to go by from previous primaries? I read a comment from someone saying that polls were showing Obama +5 in Cali the week before, but Hillary won the state because she had a massive early vote advantage that Bams couldn't overcome.

ampere

Obama got this, you guys. He'll woo the Sanders supporters over, no prob.

You don't think the Social Security expansion announcement wasn't important? My BernieBro friend text me "about time". I was like, "I see you, Barry. I see you."

Bams knows exactly what he's doing. Over 80% of Sanders supporters have a favorable view of Obama

Tubie

There's a reason Bernie did not shit on Obama during this campaign, even tho I'm willing to bet he would've loved to.

Obama will bring the Berniebros home and Hillary will win this thing easily.

Don't worry so much.

studyguy

Do we have any percentage to go by from previous primaries? I read a comment from someone saying that polls were showing Obama +5 in Cali the week before, but Hillary won the state because she had a massive early vote advantage that Bams couldn't overcome.

I don't but the ballots started going out the Friday of the first week of May.
It's basically been an entire month of sitting on the ballot at this point. The push for voting by ballot has been robust enough for it to become the majority of voters during primaries so eh, I'd imagine the chosen candidate is already in the mailbox. (You have to postmark before June 7th btw). I've always been curious as to how they handle the ones dropped same day, it's supposed to have arrived by the 10th, but what? It ends up being like those other primaries that announce the winner from the earlier ballots and the later stragglers just adjust the final tallies from the night of?

Chichikov

Also, just to add to this: There are actually sources that imply the term "football" did not originate as referring to actually using your foot to hit a ball, but that the game was played on foot. IE, as opposed to on horseback. Modern Rugby, American Football, and Association Football all share a common ancestor in that older form of "football", which was really just any sport/game people played while running around on a field and moving a ball to the other end.
All sources say that, the origin of the word football is not in doubt and it's not about kicking the ball.
Also, soccer is an British word, in fact it was widely used in England until the 80s when they collectively decided it's a vulgar Americanism because reasons.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Also, soccer is an British word, in fact it was widely used in England until the 80s when they collectively decided it's a vulgar Americanism because reasons.

They liked "soccer" before it was cool, then said it sucked once everyone knew about it

England - the original hipsters.

Maledict

They liked "soccer" before it was cool, then said it sucked once everyone knew about it

People don't know this, but we actually added in all those unnecessary letters into our words in the 70s just to act superior to Americans.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'm not freaking out. I think Hillary will win California. Losing it would be embarrassing though.

I'm not freaking out. I think Hillary will win California. Losing it would be embarrassing though.

What's weird is that they were talking about taking Clinton over in pledged delegates in Cali. Sanderistas are now salivating over the possibility of a 1-2 point win. What's that gonna accomplish?

Chichikov

It's okay, they got what's coming.
BrCttyR.jpg

Was listening to Steve Inskeep interview Mitch McConnell about his memoir. He detailed how hard it was to get fast track authority passed for the president when most Democrats were fighting Obama over it. I think that and the tenor of this election (Clinton pretending she's not a dirty globalist) proves that the Democratic party's leftward tilt might make it more and more anti trade. Which shocks and astounds, because Trump is proving the Republican party should adopt nativism, too.

So my open question is: which party ends up being the party of free enterprise and global partnership? What happens after realignment?

pigeon

Banned
According to the Field poll, it was 23% at the time of the poll, with about 66% estimated in the end.

Also, let's not unskew these polls. The Field Poll was conducted in English and Spanish with live interviews. You can assume the race is very tight, as evidenced by both Clintons going to campaign there.

I actually didn't know we were talking about a specific poll, I just meant generally Latinos show up as more conservative in polls than they vote because of the response rate issue. But response rates are getting worse in general, which might lessen the effect?

I still don't think the race will be that tight in the end, mostly because of mail-ins. Note that even in the Field Poll Hillary is leading by 9 points with mail-ins and only back by 1 point with non-mailed. Also note that 15% of mail-in voters did not report who they voted for, so you can make your guesses as to how many of those went for whom. We know they're not undecided!

https://twitter.com/DrJillStein/status/738100775725867012

TARP was passed before the 08 election. But hey, don't let facts get in the way of your shameless attempts to pander dumb hippies.

And more revisionism that the bailouts weren't actually a good thing for the country.

Bernie's vote against the bailouts is one of my biggest problems with him, actually. That he'd be willing to let a disaster happen to "stick it to the banks" or make a point.

Moral hazard is a real thing-- letting the bus drive off the cliff and saying "told you so" is not the solution.

Iolo

I actually didn't know we were talking about a specific poll, I just meant generally Latinos show up as more conservative in polls than they vote because of the response rate issue. But response rates are getting worse in general, which might lessen the effect?

I still don't think the race will be that tight in the end, mostly because of mail-ins. Note that even in the Field Poll Hillary is leading by 9 points with mail-ins and only back by 1 point with non-mailed. Also note that 15% of mail-in voters did not report who they voted for, so you can make your guesses as to how many of those went for whom. We know they're not undecided!

You could make the argument that, since the non-report percentage goes up substantially in older age groups (according to the crosstabs), and since Bernie voters are more likely to shout their support, a significant number of NR favor Hillary. But that's... kind of unskewing again. We already have 3 polls showing a +2 lead. I think she's going to win, but in a squeaker.

Brinbe

CA is not really worth sweating at all (none of this is at this point) when she's clinching by the time polls close in Jersey @ 8 PM. It would be a nice that extra sweetner to end the night on, but it's not necessary.

NeoXChaos

the question is did you send your ballot in pigeon?

ampere

johnsmith

remember me
If I'm going to donate to Hillary should I do it now or after the convention. Does it matter? Not huge amount, nowhere near any limits.

And more revisionism that the bailouts weren't actually a good thing for the country.

Bernie's vote against the bailouts is one of my biggest problems with him, actually. That he'd be willing to let a disaster happen to "stick it to the banks" or make a point.

Moral hazard is a real thing-- letting the bus drive off the cliff and saying "told you so" is not the solution.

Makes me not inclined to feel he'll do much if anything to help Clinton in this election.

Emarv

If I'm going to donate to Hillary should I do it now or after the convention. Does it matter? Not huge amount, nowhere near any limits.

My guess would be after the convention. I imagine campaigns are in slight limbo and just sort of treading water between the June Primaries and the convention.

studyguy

Sanders subreddit is telling NPP registered voters to exchange the NPP ballot for a Dem ballot, gotta feed that fraud fear burner.

andthebeatgoeson

Make it stahp.

That picture was taken right before King was shot.
#bernieshotMLK

Oh wait, hashtags don't let me put in punctuation.

#bernie'shotMLK

Aren't we close to claiming Hillary is playing 7th level chess and convinced Bernie to put the rest of his money into California so he would be demoralized and talk his way out of convention speech? I love that 7th level chess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom