• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

I agree that he definitely thinks he's the smartest man in the room, and that were all to corrupt to see it. I don't doubt that at all. I think Hillary is more patient, though, because of her experience in 2008. She knows losing this thing sucks. That's why she's never called for him to drop, and has said he should stay in if he wants. I think she'll pressure him after she has the nomination on Tuesday, though. They'll give him a chance to land the campaign on his terms. If he refuses, I'm pretty sure we'll get endorsements from Obama and Biden.
The thing they are worried about is what we just saw in San Jose.

Political violence is the easiest way for the Dems to lose this election.

Cj_01v1UUAMPFEk.jpg:large

On these incidents...

Crossposting my thoughts pertaining to these violent protests from a thread on this on Facepunch:

At this point I'm starting to think the violent protests against him are his own well-scripted Reichstag Fires to drum up support for him.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Fox News positing just now that Hillarys last speech incited the violence in San Jose, suggesting that calling Trump a racist is dangerous rhetoric.

Thanks. I was wondering who the instigator was.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Fox News positing just now that Hillarys last speech incited the violence in San Jose, suggesting that calling Trump a racist is dangerous rhetoric.

The instigator and The Real Racist™

Crocodile

"Being called a racist is worse than racism" is a cancerous mentality on our ability to talk about racial issues in this country. I hate it so so much :(

HylianTom

Banned
Shit.

Payrolls +38k (+155k expected)

March revised down 22k
April revised down 37k

---

C'mon, economy.. hold-out for just a few more months..

Diablos

Shit.

March revised down 22k
April revised down 37k

---

Great timing.

Looking increasingly like Sanders is going to suspend after the 7th. No reason to wait, and add that to his continual putting off of releasing the tax returns it's shaping up for a suspension.
Or he's just being a stubborn jerk and moving at a slow pace so that if there was anything controversial he can delay it for as long as possible.

Teggy

Shit.

March revised down 22k
April revised down 37k

---

Well that's not going to help :/. Unemployment dropped because a bunch of people dropped out of the workforce, which is weird, because more recent reports had people coming back.

NeoXChaos

A group of rabble-rousing Bernie Sanders supporters from New York is headed for the Democratic National Convention next month as hand-picked, at-large delegates -- and they’re threatening to make trouble for Hillary Clinton at the very moment she hopes to make history as the first female nominee of either party and unite Democrats for the coming battle with Donald Trump.

The disgruntled Sanders delegation, heading to Philadelphia with deep reservations about Clinton’s brand of center-left pragmatism, serves as a reminder of how contentious the four-day meeting could become, and a warning to Democrats of the importance of bringing Sanders happily into the fold.

Some 20,000 protesters are reportedly planning anti-Clinton protests outside of the convention hall. But interviews with members of Sanders’ New York delegation reveal that supporters of the Vermont senator are also considering bringing some of those protests inside the Wells Fargo Center itself — raising the prospect of an embarrassing spectacle on prime-time TV.

Other Sanders delegates are not just hoping for concessions or negotiations, but are actively rooting for Clinton's downfall. Dave Handy, a 27-year-old progressive activist from New York who will go to Philadelphia as an at-large Sanders delegate, wrote on Twitter last week: “It’s going to be funny to watch when Hillary gets indicted, and all her supporters are like -- #FeelTheBern,” with a GIF of someone’s head exploding attached to his tweet.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/bernie-sanders-convention-delegates-223848#ixzz4AWIX75eJ

SIGH

Emarv

He has to drop next week. If he brings this mess to Philly, there's no way the big Dems stand idly by. There will be political consequences from party leaders, however wimpy they might be.

NeoXChaos

Cesera is there going to be a way to prevent these delegates of his from becoming rowdy? I can't see her being nominated by acclamation without boos from his folks. Heck boos when Barney Frank go on stage or Debbie.

I want order and hope we get it. We need a contrast from the Trump show the previous week.

It doesn't seem like they want to make any concessions at all, and just want to go and cause trouble. Protesting for the sake of protesting.

Attitudes like that make it harder for Bernie to bargain for being part of the convention. If they're going to protest no matter what the DNC does, there's no real reason for the DNC to give anything to Bernie.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Um don't buy into politicos bullshit please. If you think 20,000 people are going to protest outside the convention hall instead of, I don't know, eat Doritos and play over watch, I have a bridge to sell you.

Um don't buy into politicos bullshit please. If you think 20,000 people are going to protest outside the convention hall instead of, I don't know, eat Doritos and play over watch, I have a bridge to sell you.
Did you close said bridge to piss off and inconvenience your enemies. Cause them babies died on that bridge.

Diablos

It doesn't seem like they want to make any concessions at all, and just want to go and cause trouble. Protesting for the sake of protesting.

Attitudes like that make it harder for Bernie to bargain for being part of the convention. If they're going to protest no matter what the DNC does, there's no real reason for the DNC to give anything to Bernie.
But he's so selfish that if they would shut him out then I think he'd really try to run as an independent. You can't trust a campaign that on the one hand says they have an uphill climb and would eventually drop out if they don't win, but on the other hand basically condone a bunch of supporters actively trying to disrupt the convention in huge ways.

Maledict

These fucking people. No clue as to the party, what it stands for or what it's accomplished over the last 30 years against insane opposition.

It really sickens me to read that delegates have the same uninformed *dumb* views as random Sander's Facebook supporters. 'Clinton is what a republican should be and Bernie what a democrat should be'. The demands from one delegate that she will protest if every Sander's issue isn't adopted in the platform. The total lack of recognition of any views outside their own, and the complete disregard for anyone not 100% in agreement as a traitor.

I mean, Barney fucking Frank? That's who we on the left are supposed to be condemning now?

Emarv

Hilary needs to walk into the Philly convention dressed like Rocky. And Obama like Apollo Creed. And put a Trump picture on the wall like Ivan Drago. And Biden dressed like Mickey. I guess that makes Bill Clinton dressed as Adrian? Idk, I lost the thread there.

What were we talking about again?

I'm willing to bet 20,000 people committed to protesting at Philly in Facebook. But much like my last birthday party, Facebook invites do not mean people are gonna show up. There will be token people, annoyed, outside, that are mostly ignored. Bernie will have dropped out by then and endorsed Hillary. It'll all go smoothly, and we'll have a four day Roast of Donald Trump.

Diablos

I'm willing to bet 20,000 people committed to protesting at Philly in Facebook. But much like my last birthday party, Facebook invites do not mean people are gonna show up. There will be token people, annoyed, outside, that are mostly ignored. Bernie will have dropped out by then and endorsed Hillary. It'll all go smoothly, and we'll have a four day Roast of Donald Trump.
Bernie's staying in this thing well into the convention.

I'll come to your birthday party. I'll even mix the drinks!

But he's so selfish that if they would shut him out then I think he'd really try to run as an independent. You can't trust a campaign that on the one hand says they have an uphill climb and would eventually drop out if they don't win, but on the other hand basically condone a bunch of supporters actively trying to disrupt the convention in huge ways.

By the time the convention rolls out, he will have missed tons of deadlines. He also lacks the funding and infrastructure to go third party. He'd also pretty much destroy his senate career, his legacy and his entire movement.

At some point he'll ask himself "do I want to be remembered in history as the man who brought fascism to the United States" because that's his legacy if he runs third party. That's the only thing anyone will ever remember about Bernie Sanders.

NeoXChaos

As a loser of our game I going to honor the non-official requirement of wearing a Trump Avatar for the RNC convention week.

B-dubs gets the honor of choosing it.

Diablos

By the time the convention rolls out, he will have missed tons of deadlines. He also lacks the funding and infrastructure to go third party. He'd also pretty much destroy his senate career, his legacy and his entire movement.

At some point he'll ask himself "do I want to be remembered in history as the man who brought fascism to the United States" because that's his legacy if he runs third party. That's the only thing anyone will ever remember about Bernie Sanders.
Third party deadlines are done with pretty much. But he could still rally his base to get signatures and fundraise for an independent campaign. He's 74, I don't think he cares much about his career after this. He's making it clear that he is putting everything he's got into this race.

As for him coming to a moment of realization regarding a Trump Presidency, don't count on it. He and his people have their heads so far up their asses and it seems to get worse by the month.

at this point, it will just be a very bad look for Bernie. They reached past the point they are looking like sore losers.
Tons of people protesting on prime time television in and outside of the DNC won't just make Bernie look bad. You don't want a convention where every other person taking the stage is getting booed while protesters start going crazy.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I could have done without waking up to these videos of the idiots protesting the Trump rally throwing eggs at his supporters. Trump doesn't need fodder like that.

GutsOfThor

The jobs report is worrisome. Am I correct in thinking that if the economy goes south than Clinton's chance at winning plummets as well?

Tons of people protesting on prime time television in and outside of the DNC won't just make Bernie look bad. You don't want a convention where every other person taking the stage is getting booed while protesters start going crazy.

Man, Bernie is really becoming an awful person. I can't believe this is going to happen--to think we initially thought that it was the RNC that was going to deal with a disruptive convention :/

HylianTom

Banned
The jobs report is worrisome. Am I correct in thinking that if the economy goes south than Clinton's chance at winning plummets as well?
Gut feeling?

if we muddle-along to November, she's still quite favored. It might be less of a 2008-style laugh-along joyride and more of a 2004-style close electoral contest (where she doesn't get over 300EVs and we're waiting a bit later into Election Night).

It's going to take something absolutely dramatic to override her demographic and electoral advantages. If the economy has a 2008-style tanking? All bets are off.

(I've long held the belief that the check is in the mail for more economic turmoil, but I wasn't sure of the timing..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom