• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emarv

Fun fact, I do some part time work as an EMT, and last week I took in an 84 year old man who told me he went skydiving for this 80th birthday. Blew my mind.

I'll donate if Bernie does it in full Bernie Bird costume.

I79NJPQ.png

http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-na-pol-sanders-donors/

I guess it explains why they have so much free time to be protesting hopeless causes.

This just means 70% of people who gave him money have a job.

Fun fact, I do some part time work as an EMT, and last week I took in an 84 year old man who told me he went skydiving for this 80th birthday. Blew my mind.

I'll donate if Bernie does it in full Bernie Bird costume.
While showering fake $27 bills from the sky.

This just means 70% of people who gave him money have a job.
All lulz aside, I think its a sobering statistic. People without jobs are lashing out, at least via Sanders (not sure how much its fueling Trump). I dont want to be in the shoes of someone without a job, but I can see why Bernie's message about rich wall street fat cats is resonating especially with that group.

All lulz aside, I think its a sobering statistic. People without jobs are lashing out, at least via Sanders (not sure how much its fueling Trump). I dont want to be in the shoes of someone without a job, but I can see why Bernie's message about rich wall street fat cats is resonating especially with that group.

I'd say this is more reflective of sanders youth support than the jobless rallying behind him

All lulz aside, I think its a sobering statistic. People without jobs are lashing out, at least via Sanders (not sure how much its fueling Drumpf). I dont want to be in the shoes of someone without a job, but I can see why Bernie's message about rich wall street fat cats is resonating especially with that group.

I wouldn't be able to explain why it is the way it is. Maybe 30% of the donors are college students without jobs? Even then, I had a job when I was at university...and still didn't donate to Obama in 2008. I'd be interested in seeing the age breakdown of the 30%.

Id say if a majority of the 30% is college age students without a job, then it is more attractive than it being just unemployed people in general hoping for "free" school/healthcare.

At the same time, are there any stats on Hillary's contributions? Since she does better with Older voters, maybe those retired, they could also not have a job.

Emarv

Totally. I remember reading those Bernie supporters who threatened the Nevada chair. All of those interviews explained some sort of unemployment usually from a handicap, disability, etc. They seemed like people really affected by the worst of what capitalism offers (in addition to pretty apparent mental health issues)

Not accusing all of Sanders supporters at all, but that percentage doesn't surprise me and isn't necessarily something I see worthy of mockery. It's totally understandable and sucks to see. At least they're reaching out to liberal policies and not Trump anger.

I'd be curious what Trump's number of unemployed support is?

I'd say this is more reflective of sanders youth support than the jobless rallying behind him

Yeah I could see this too. Although I'm not sure why the poll wouldn't stratify that as a metric? Seems odd.

Why are you sending money to a political campaign when you don't have a job? I remember being poor and unemployed and barely scraping by. Shit sucks. I supported, voted and volunteered for Kerry but I needed to buy food instead of contributing to his campaign. Unless these are people who live with their parents or something.

thebloo

Some cursory googling: 122M people employed in April 2016 out of 200M people over 18. So it's not so statistically odd honestly.

Maledict

The Teleprompter thing is one of the dumbest racist things that came out of the republicans facing Obama. It's so patronisingly stupid - and Donald Trump uses teleprompters which makes it even more stupid.

The Teleprompter thing is one of the dumbest racist things that came out of the republicans facing Obama. It's so patronisingly stupid - and Donald Trump uses teleprompters which makes it even more stupid.
Yea he used the teleprompter delivering his foreign policy speech as well. I cant believe he ran with that teleprompter attack.

ampere

She's out on the war path now.

http://i.imgur.com/ZkGC9BQ.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Her article has all the receipts and everything too. Juicy

[quote="Kristoffer, post: 205529251"]No he doesn't. He'd love to have a teleprompter, it would make his life so easy. He'd have one here, and over there, and just go, ba-ba, ba-ba ba ba, ba ba-ba ba... It would make his life so easy instead of having to work his ass off up there.

But he doesn't.[/QUOTE]

Why do you keep doing this? I thought you stopped playing a character

Posting "nope you are wrong" as a response to others and not having anything to back it up constantly gets old. The "Latinos are violent protesters" one was particularly frustrating : /

Or is this just sarcasm and it's going over my head? It's hard to tell with you

My favorite part of him using a teleprompter for the foreign policy speech was the one article describing him reading it as though it was his first time learning what his foreign policy platform would be.

Also, yeah, he doesn't know how to spell it. He made the same exact mistake twice. I imagine maybe he accidentally told his autocorrect that was how it's spelled or something.

Paskil

ZkGC9BQ.png

This is amazing. Also, all these recommendations are terrible. Hillary needs to take up wingsuit flying, or bust.

Ken Starr allowed rape to go on Baylor so I think it's cool to point and laugh at him being a total fuckup and loser in this interview.

https://www.facebook.com/kwtxnews10/videos/vb.197881290741/10154264638380742/?type=2&theater

There's some weird timing on this, as well. Just a day or two before, he was praising Bill Clinton.

Kenneth Starr, Who Tried to Bury Bill Clinton, Now Only Praises Him

An unlikely voice recently bemoaned the decline of civility in presidential politics, warned that “deep anger” was fueling an “almost radical populism” and sang the praises of former President Bill Clinton — particularly his “redemptive” years of philanthropic work since leaving the White House.

The voice was that of Kenneth W. Starr, the former Whitewater independent counsel, whose Javert-like pursuit of Mr. Clinton in the 1990s helped bring a new intensity to partisan warfare and led to the impeachment of a president for only the second time in the nation’s history.

The presumptive Republican presidential nominee, Donald J. Trump, increasingly seems to be trying to relitigate the scandals that Mr. Starr investigated, dredging up allegations of sexual transgressions by Mr. Clinton to accuse Hillary Clinton — the likely Democratic nominee — of having aided and enabled her husband at the expense of Mr. Clinton’s female accusers.

But Mr. Starr expressed regret last week that so much of Mr. Clinton’s legacy remained viewed through the lens of what Mr. Starr demurely termed “the unpleasantness.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/25/us/politics/ken-starr-impeachment-bill-clinton.html?_r=0

http://i.imgur.com/ZkGC9BQ.png

That's what people who have a narcissistic personality disorder do. They will tell you to your face that they didn't say something that you and they know they did. Zero respect for anyone else. I know a few narcissists just like Trump. It's fascinating how similar they all behave. Petty, vindictive, and plenty of that shit where they will say anything and just deny it later regardless of how absurd the denial is.

There are books out that help people deal with people with narcissistic personality disorder. They're basically playbooks for handling a guy like Trump, who has no control over his disorder. Trump will melt down before too long, as it seems that the Democrats are well aware of what they're dealing with.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

ZkGC9BQ.png

The debates are going to be so important for the general election. Remember when Fox News played video/audio of Trump that showed him contradicting himself and completely made him look like a fool?

I'm willing to bet THAT won't happen this time around.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The debates are going to be so important for the general election. Remember when Fox News played video/audio of Trump that showed him contradicting himself and completely made him look like a fool?

I'm willing to bet THAT won't happen this time around.

I'm worried about the expectations game with the debates to tell the truth. A victory for Trump might be speaking in complete sentences, especially if Clinton and the Dems keep dropping hot fire all over his face.

Emarv

That's what people who have a narcissistic personality disorder do. They will tell you to your face that they didn't say something that you and they know they did. Zero respect for anyone else. I know a few narcissists just like Trump. It's fascinating how similar they all behave. Petty, vindictive, and plenty of that shit where they will say anything and just deny it later regardless of how absurd the denial is.

There are books out that help people deal with people with narcissistic personality disorder. They're basically playbooks for handling a guy like Trump, who has no control over his disorder. Trump will melt down before too long, as it seems that the Democrats are well aware of what they're dealing with.

This is spot on and I think you're right. The Dems see his disorder and are hopefully advising Clinton on exactly how to deal with him.

This is spot on and I think you're right. The Dems see his disorder and are hopefully advising Clinton on exactly how to deal with him.

So basically keep poking him and he'll unhinge himself.

The clip I saw of his rally last night he looked absolutely infuriated like never before.

Emarv

The clip I saw of his rally last night he looked absolutely infuriated like never before.
Essentially.

It's why I'm happy Ryan and everyone is supporting him now and not waiting. Once the full DNC onslaught happens and Obama starts going at him, Trump's gonna go ballistic. And all of those Republicans are gonna look like even bigger idiots when the real racial and sexist epithets start flying.

I honestly think we're gonna see the biggest political meltdown we've ever seen. Trump hates feeling like an idiot and the Dems are gonna make him look like the class dunce that he is.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Yep. Trump is just a ticking timebomb the GOP had no way of dealing with. All the Dems need to do is keep poking at him and he'll go off before long. The best part is the explosion will almost certainly be public. I'd almost put money on him going off in the middle of a debate.

Emarv

Imagine if Trump said the Carly Fiorina "Look at that face, would anyone vote for that?" to Hillary. Imagine the fallout. Nobody on the planet even liked Carly and he still took heat. Imagine when he says worse about Hillary and the blowback.

ampere

Bernie Is a Huge Golden State Fan. Here’s How Much They Would Pay in New Taxes if He Were President

http://injo.com//2016/06/619142-ber...-would-pay-in-new-taxes-if-he-were-president/

I mean, I'm not gonna get upset at the idea of higher taxes on wealthy professional athletes.

Yeah I'll play them the world's smallest violin.

I'm all for top marginal tax rates being 90%+, while I'm not completely sure where those brackets should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom