• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paskil

Trump likes his steak well done. You're a goddamn monster, Adam. Here's a dry aged ribeye I cooked for an hour sous vide and then seared for like a minute on each side in a cast iron skillet.

ArnjBkAl.jpg

That's a steak. Abort, abort, posting picture to try to save the ship from going down!

bananas

Banned
Hand on heart, I'm 100% serious. Why do you all not put ketchup on steak? It's delicious. Otherwise, it just tastes like fucking meat. I'm not fucking with you all. My favorite meal is steak (well done), with fried shrimp. I dip my shrimp in sour cream and I put ketchup on my steak.....

Is this like some meme I'm not familiar with?

Otherwise, it just tastes like fucking meat.

qjuKmh2.gif

Trump likes his steak well done. You're a goddamn monster, Adam. Here's a dry aged ribeye I cooked for an hour sous vide and then seared for like a minute on each side in a cast iron skillet.

That's a steak.
Steak should taste like meat. That looks amazing.

bananas

Banned

That's a steak.
I got a Ribeye that I was gonna grill up tomorrow, but I might just do it tonight.

I couldn put that piece of meat in my mouth.
First time I've ever said that.

If there's any pink, it has to go back. I want it extra well. Slightly burnt, actually.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I'm just sitting here laughing my ass off.

royalan

What's wrong with shrimp and sour cream? Sour cream is the base for some fine, fine sauces.

Shrimp with sour cream, chives and a tad bit of horseradish? yum.

Can't defend the steak and catsup thing though.

Paskil

Adam, doll, get some prime or dry aged beef. Steak is supposed to taste like meat, silly goose. Do you only take dinger with whipped cream or chocolate syrup? Otherwise, it just tastes like penis.

What's wrong with shrimp and sour cream? Sour cream is the base for some fine, fine sauces.

Shrimp with sour cream, chives and a tad bit of horseradish? yum.

Can't defend the steak and catsup thing though.

: Bro fist :

The reason I can't do meat not 100% well done, is when I was little I watched that episode of Oprah about mad cow disease or whatever. And I remember there being a picture of a really, really rare steak in the thing. And it freaked me out so bad.....I used to not eat meat at all for like 10 years. So.....

bananas

Banned

The reason I can't do meat not 100% well done, is when I was little I watched that episode of Oprah about mad cow disease or whatever. And I remember there being a picture of a really, really rare steak in the thing. And it freaked me out so bad.....I used to not eat meat at all for like 10 years. So.....
The blood is what gives it it's flavor 😛

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
I look up and Tuesday is right around the corner.
I like ketchup on my steak? I like my steak well done, with like a bit of a burnt crust on the outside...and then you smother it with ketchup. Don't you all put ketchup on steak?

smh, ruining some perfectly good steak.

Adam, doll, get some prime or dry aged beef. Steak is supposed to taste like meat, silly goose. Do you only take dinger with whipped cream or chocolate syrup? Otherwise, it just tastes like penis.

I mean...no? But, the taste of like meat is kinda icky to me. I'm not a huge meat eater. I have a very narrow palate of meat I will eat. And it all has to be extra well done.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I actually believe you. Hahahahaha. Oh man. Mayo? Mayo!?!?! Old bay?

I love Old Bay seasoning. You take some Old Bay, some mayo, soy sauce and a sprinkle of dill and it makes a good dipping sauce for sushi.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Why on earth would you ever spend the time and/or money on steak to just make it taste like ketchup?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

Yeah, but with Mad Cow, it would have to be literally incinerated to get rid of it.
The good news is, the secondary incubation period for the disease appears to be bunk. The extended incubation supposition was primarily based on statements from "former" cannibals where the disease started.

Iolo

I hate to tell you this but cooking doesn't prevent mad cow disease.

Just don't eat nervous system tissue and you'll be ok.

Teggy

Mayo is the base for tartar sauce, which is the god-tier shrimp condiment, so I can get that.

This ketchup on burned steak noise is indefensible, though.

I grew up in Britain during that entire thing. When they banned selling beef on the bone, my parents continued buying it on the black market (they still get annoyed when I call it that, but I don't know what else you call shady back door cash transactions for illegal meat). I do not regret eating all that delicious beef cooked on the bone all those years.

Especially since I'd still be banned from giving blood here in America for even eating british beef a few times.

Sanders is a child who thinks the rules don't apply to him and cries foul and fraud and conspiracy when they are applied to him.

Sanders was scheduled to hold a Saturday concert at Los Angeles’ famed Greek Theater, but on the day before the event, his campaign sent an email to supporters saying they were forced to change venues. The Sanders campaign’s email attributed the switch to intervention from a local politician.

“Unfortunately, after reaching terms with the professional staff at the Greek to host our rally, interference from a local Los Angeles City Council member forced us to move from this iconic venue,” the email said.

The council member was not named in the message, but a Sanders campaign source said it was David Ryu, a Democrat whose district includes the theater. Ryu is a supporter of Sanders’ Democratic primary rival, Hillary Clinton. In the email announcing the venue change, the Sanders campaign noted that Clinton had “scheduled an identical event” at the Greek Theater next week and “no objection has been raised.”

But wait... What actually happened was:

The Greek Theater is operated by the City of Los Angeles Department of Recreation and Parks and managed by a company called SMG. Montemayor said the councilman found out about the planned Sanders event on Thursday evening and stepped in because they had “deep concerns” about potential crowds.

“As the council office, overall, we oversee everything that’s in our district,” Montemayor said, adding, “We were made aware of this in the last 24 hours, and we asked if there was a traffic mitigation plan and a ticketing system. We were told no, and we had deep concerns. Sen. Sanders has proved he draws thousands of people.”

Though Ryu did step in, Montemayor said he made the same requests of the Sanders campaign and the Clinton team.

“The campaign’s portrayal is an inaccurate depiction of the last 24 hours. Any person, group or organization that chooses to have an event at the Greek Theater needs to follow the same guidelines,” Montemayor said. “We asked them to work with L.A. city staff to work on a traffic mitigation plan and a ticketing system. This is the same request that was made of the Clinton campaign, nothing more nothing less.”

Montemayor claimed that the Sanders campaign “came to the city 24 hours in advance while the Clinton campaign came to us weeks in advance.” He said city staff “waited for hours” to get details on traffic mitigation and ticketing plans from the Sanders campaign. Instead, Montemayor said, Sanders’ team simply responded that it would choose a different venue.

The Sanders camp, as unorganized as usual, didn't follow the procedure, gave all of 24 hours notice, and instead of doing what they needed to do to get the venue, took their ball somewhere and cried fraud and favoritism and suppression!

But Clinton is allowed they cried! Not fair he yelled! Yes Clinton is allowed because she contacted them weeks ago and arranged everything needed to ensure a safe rally and Sanders' team just believed that all they had to do was book a venue and safety and traffic be damned.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/6886-180157763.html

I hate to tell you this but cooking doesn't prevent mad cow disease.

Just don't eat nervous system tissue and you'll be ok.

No, I know that. It's the Pavlovian response that I have with rare looking meat and that whole fiasco.

I only really put salt and pepper on my steaks, but I'm a sucker for a creamy horseradish sauce. Y'all need to take up meat smoking
huehuehue
. This is probably more in line and Adam would like it. I cooked this brisket for 26 hours last weekend. I took it to 200 degrees, which by your standard, would be perfect. Of course, this isn't steak.

That looks delicious. I would eat the hell out of that.

Wilsongt

Sanders is a child who thinks the rules don't apply to him and cries foul and fraud and conspiracy when they are applied to him.

But wait... What actually happened was:

The Sanders camp, as unorganized as usual, didn't follow the procedure, gave all of 24 hours notice, and instead of doing what they needed to do to get the venue, took their ball somewhere and cried fraud and favoritism and suppression!

But Clinton is allowed they cried! Not fair he yelled! Yes Clinton is allowed because she contacted them weeks ago and arranged everything needed to ensure a safe rally and Sanders' team just believed that all they had to do was book a venue and safety and traffic be damned.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/6886-180157763.html

Someone is about to get a slew of angry tweets and emails.

Someone is about to get a slew of angry tweets and emails.

It takes a certain level of impressive incompetence to think they'd be allowed to host a major huge rally despite not figuring out traffic/parking/etc... and only giving the city 24 hours notice.

Guys! Time is now part of the establishment!

It takes a certain level of impressive incompetence to think they'd be allowed to host a major huge rally despite not figuring out traffic/parking/etc... and only giving the city 24 hours notice.

Guys! Time is now part of the establishment!

To be fair, some of Bernie's policies haven't been given 24 hours of thought, so I can't imagine this should come as that much of a surprise.

Sanders campaign accuses Puerto Rico Dem officials of fraud

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...o-dem-officials-of-fraud#.V1MpWJuAJuM.twitter

Bernie Sanders’s campaign is accusing Puerto Rico’s Democratic Party officials of fraud in the territory’s presidential primary.

The campaign’s head of Hispanic voter efforts, Betsy Franceschini, told Caribbean Business in an interview that Sanders officials were initially denied access to prisons to help inmates vote.
“Our Bernie Sanders officials were never certified. We had 40 officials we submitted in time for the prisons. Not one of them was certified, while all of theirs [Hillary Clinton’s] went in. Attorney Manny Suárez had to go in order for us to be let in. This is a great fraud,” Franceschini said.

In an internal campaign document, the Sanders camp also alleged the local party’s president Roberto Prats and elections commissioner Ramon Lopez de Azua “are holding back the certifications of Bernie Sanders’ voting center officials.”

Well that was fucking fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom