• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned
FRRRRRUUUUUMMMMMM

Interesting article by GWB speechwriter David Frum for anyone who hasn't read it.

Little snippet that jumped out at me:

Trump is running not to be president of all Americans, but to be the clan leader of white Americans. Those white Americans who respond to his message hear his abusive comments, not as evidence of his unfitness for office, but as proof of his commitment to their tribe.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/05/the-seven-broken-guardrails-of-democracy/484829/

Nice to see Frum back on the right side of history after his lengthy vacation in Liberal Political Correctness is Just as Bad As Racism Land.

Iolo

Maybe the VI numbers are taking so long because the Dem party heads are boarding up their windows and doors for the coming Bernicane

User1608

Banned
How annoying, why does it take so long to get the actual vote count?

Also, Trump after the 2012 election:

pbC3EHP.jpg

https://twitter.com/rebeccagberg/status/739225513076662272
Oh yes, I remember this from last year elsewhere. I seriously am at a loss with this clown whether or not it's all an act. Then I remember yes, he is a racist and is as malleable as silly putty.

Neogaf of course. Maybe Reddit.
PoliGAF to celebrate, OT for salt.

I don't know about you guys but my Facebook is going to be awesome on Tuesday night.

Also Queen got $25 from me again as she will be every month from now. I believe I've now given her more money than I have to Bernie.

FRRRRRUUUUUMMMMMM

Interesting article by GWB speechwriter David Frum for anyone who hasn't read it.

Little snippet that jumped out at me:

Trump is running not to be president of all Americans, but to be the clan leader of white Americans. Those white Americans who respond to his message hear his abusive comments, not as evidence of his unfitness for office, but as proof of his commitment to their tribe.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/05/the-seven-broken-guardrails-of-democracy/484829/

*white, non-LGBT, fully abled, non-Jewish, male Americans.

Iolo

Benchmark can be a little weird or overzealous when it comes to these things, so I'm going to reserve my hope for now

ampere

How annoying, why does it take so long to get the actual vote count?

Also, Trump after the 2012 election:

http://i.imgur.com/pbC3EHP.jpg[img]

[url]https://twitter.com/rebeccagberg/status/739225513076662272[/url][/QUOTE]

Every time one of these things comes to light, I'm speechless and think "there's no way there's another thing this stupid" and then bam there is

I can't even

[quote="Iolo, post: 205664487"]Question, have all 4 VI supers been included in the count already?[/QUOTE]

I believe so. Huff Po had them already allocated to Hillary

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
You guys had someone on the ground telling you it was a landslide. There was one polling place in my island. Bernie had not a single sign or supporter out there. Bill Clinton was here like two weeks ago. Come on.

You guys had someone on the ground telling you it was a landslide. There was one polling place in my island. Bernie had not a single sign or supporter out there. Bill Clinton was here like two weeks ago. Come on.

Ya, but we're all emotional and prone to panic. We can't help it.

I still want my margins.

mackaveli

What would happen if for example the DNC got rid of super delegates. The amount of delegates would decrease in order to win. Would Hillary win this way or no?

itschris

Puerto Rico Dems 'appalled' by accusations from Sanders camp

"The claim that the Democratic Party is delaying the certification of the Sanders' poll workers is preposterous. The first complete set of pollworkers for tomorrow's primary we have certified were all from the Sander's Campaign."

Prats also said that certifying poll workers is out of the hands of the party and that the Sanders campaign did not allow much time before they began accusing the party of fraud.

"Inmate voting is handled not by the Democratic Party but by the Commonwealth's Absentee and Advance Vote Administrative Board," Prats said. "I have been told that the Sanders campaign submitted their prison pollworker list at 6:10 pm on the evening prior to inmate voting and began complaining early in the following morning that the Board had not completed their pollworker's certification. But in the end, despite the late submittal, the Sanders campaign had representatives at the prison voting places."

He also accused the Sanders campaign of stealing two boxes of ballots that had been cast by prisoners before delivering them to an election office.

NeoXChaos

What would happen if for example the DNC got rid of super delegates. The amount of delegates would decrease in order to win. Would Hillary win this way or no?

2,026 would be the magic number or if it was like Republican rules she would have been done 2 months ago.

Yes, because she'll have more pledged delegates than Bernie will. If we pretend that we don't need superdelegates, she'd need 2026 pledged to have a majority. She'll end up, after all is said and done, with somewhere around 2162.

mackaveli

Yes, because she'll have more pledged delegates than Bernie will. If we pretend that we don't need superdelegates, she'd need 2026 pledged to have a majority. She'll end up, after all is said and done, with somewhere around 2162.

So really if we got rid of super delegates Clinton would clinch without this fuss and the DNC convention would be fine. But since we got super delegates we got to go into the convention potentially with sanders and his supporters crying foul but if we eliminated the supers Clinton clinches without any problems. Crazy. Why doesn't Hillary just say that. Guess you can't reason with Bernie anymore. Just hope the convention isn't too much of a shit show. And it's great.

Iolo

Nate Cohn tweeted that unofficially, Hillary won 92% of the vote in St. Croix, rendering Bernie unviable and giving her 3 delegates. But this is where I think Benchmark is wrong—if Bernie won St John, he should still get a delegate, right?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Nate Coh tweeted that unofficially, Hillary won 92% of the vote in St. Croix, rendering Bernie unviable and giving her 3 delegates. But this is where I think Benchmark is wrong—if Bernie won St John, he should still get a delegate, right?

I guess it depends on if that is a "congressional district"?

Iolo

I guess it depends on if that is a "congressional district"?

Hmm!

The United States Virgin Islands's At-large congressional district encompasses the entire area of the U.S. Virgin Islands. The territory does not have a voting member of Congress, but does elect a delegate who can participate in debates.[1]

So really if we got rid of super delegates Clinton would clinch without this fuss and the DNC convention would be fine. But since we got super delegates we got to go into the convention potentially with sanders and his supporters crying foul but if we eliminated the supers Clinton clinches without any problems. Crazy. Why doesn't Hillary just say that. Guess you can't reason with Bernie anymore. Just hope the convention isn't too much of a shit show. And it's great.

Because they're not going to listen. It's harsh, but it's true. There is no universe in which Bernie could have legitimately lost this thing. It all has to be fraud and cheating and establishment and whatever. He got his clock cleaned. Her win was decisive. There's no ambiguity on what the Super Delegates are going to do. There never has been. They're always going to go with the person who had the most popular vote/delegates.

If we followed the GOP rules, Bernie would have been eliminated a long time ago.

Nate Coh tweeted that unofficially, Hillary won 92% of the vote in St. Croix, rendering Bernie unviable and giving her 3 delegates. But this is where I think Benchmark is wrong—if Bernie won St John, he should still get a delegate, right?

I thought it was 15% territory wide, but I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom