• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shihon

A little nugget coming out tonight,Puerto Rico is tomorrow.One step closer my friends,Tuesday is gonna be fire.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/04/politics/hillary-clinton-wins-virgin-islands-democratic-caucuses/index.html
b5YsEEM.gif

Real and serious talk. I have argued with people who want dreamers to be deported and it really is frustrating. As much as we love the US and consider it our home, it wasn't our choice to have come here. That doesn't mean we're going back either just because you hate us for being here, to a place we know little to nothing about. It can mean certain death in many cases, like for me. Life is very grey and complex, like with our cases. Immigration remains the most important issue for me this campaign followed by lgbt (and civil rights in general, police brutality, etc) rights then the economy.

Until Trump loses I shall remain vigilant. Just needed to vent a bit. Again. I have built up too much here to lose it all to some loser racists.

Listen, we have a very moral and reasonable and intellectual argument here. People that came here at 5 years old to have their lives ruined by forcibly taking them from their homes and bringing them to a country they barely know. This is a perfectly reasonable response to a "crime" committed by a kid.
I think in 50 years it will be undisputed that deporting children was a moral crime and a blight on our history. I'm certain of it.

User1608

Banned
Listen, we have a very moral and reasonable and intellectual argument here. People that came here at 5 years old to have their lives ruined by forcibly taking them from their homes and bringing them to a country they barely know. This is a perfectly reasonable response to a "crime" committed by a kid.
Hah, that's exactly what I get told by these people.

"They broke the law. Deport everybody."

Hsjsjsj.

Tubie

Real and serious talk. I have argued with people who want dreamers to be deported and it really is frustrating. As much as we love the US and consider it our home, it wasn't our choice to have come here. That doesn't mean we're going back either just because you hate us for being here, to a place we know little to nothing about. It can mean certain death in many cases, like for me. Life is very grey and complex, like with our cases. Immigration remains the most important issue for me this campaign followed by lgbt (and civil rights in general, police brutality, etc) rights then the economy.

Until Trump loses I shall remain vigilant. Just needed to vent a bit. Again. I have built up too much here to lose it all to some loser racists.

I feel so fucking bad (and angry) you even have to be afraid of this.

Chichikov

Also, I like Bacardi Breezers. Are those bad too? :(
They are not highly regarding in drinking circles and are generally the easy go-to reference when someone make LOL BAD ALCOHOL TASTE joke.
But you do you adam, you do you.

p.s.
I personally think that if you like that type of taste and function (i.e. low alcohol fruity and easy to down), there are other option that I think at least worth exploring.
But for real, fuck alcohol snobbism, drink what you want and shank the world in the neck with your broken bottle of smirnoff ice if it makes fun of you.

So why is it impossible to watch even stevens now?

Not on any streaming service

not on DVD/Bluray

not shown on reruns on any network

its just like the show has been banished for all eternity.

Why cant I watch it anywhere ? this is totally BS

Trouble

Banned
It's really weak and kinda heavy, making it one of the worst beer options if you want to get drunk.
I'm also not personally a fan of its taste, but that's obviously subjective.

Oh wait, I forget we're on the internet -

HOT TAKE ALERT
yC3d1AJ.gif
yC3d1AJ.gif

IT'S A SHIT BEER FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T LIKE TO DRINK, IT'S LIKE BACARDI BREEZER ONLY WITH A BETTER PR AND LESS ALCOHOL

:p

Right because the Irish don't like to drink.

Also, sorry about your shit taste.

No lies detected. I had Guiness for the first time when I was maybe 30, and I was at a bar and wanted a stout. They didn't have any good ones, so I decided I'd give it a shot. It tastes like nothing.

It's not a stout and isn't advertised as such. It's probably closest to a porter, but they are pretty secretive about the process.

In the opinion of the only person who matters (me), is is the single easiest to drink beer on the planet. I'll take it any day over the shitty hop water that bearded hipster fucks have demanded take up 90% of the tap space at every bar.

studyguy

The only alcohol I'm remotely picky about is gin. Since cheap shit tastes like drinking a Christmas tree. Hendricks was introduced to me by a friend and I've had a bottle at my home ever since.

It's so damn smooth.

My very much loved nieces are dreamers. 3 of them, to be precise. So I kind of understand your anger and frustration. It angers me that you and millions others have to see someone like trump being catapulted to a GOP nomination aided by such a dehumanizing rhetoric.

Oh man thats so disheartening. Its happened to me too. Not even with people that I figured were just racist but with friends who considered themselves liberal but were entrenched in the 'they gotta go back home' mentality anyway. They didnt even stop to consider they were maybe talking to one at the time. Downside of being 'one of the good ones' is that people dont think the problems that plague latin american immigrants could also possibly apply to you or your family or your close friends.

E: one of the positives of Trump exposing people as racists or as totally Ok with racist hateful policies is that now I know which people actually see me and my kin as human beings. The, admittedly small, group of people who are bernie or bust are diet racists as far as Im concerned. Like they cant give a shit if my life, my family, my friends, my culture all come under systemic attack.

They are not highly regarding in drinking circles and are generally the easy go-to reference when someone make LOL BAD ALCOHOL TASTE joke.
But you do you adam, you do you.

p.s.
I personally think that if you like that type of taste and function (i.e. low alcohol fruity and easy to down), there are other option that I think at least worth exploring.
But for real, fuck alcohol snobbism, drink what you want and shank the world in the neck with your broken bottle of smirnoff ice if it makes fun of you.

Aww thanks.

Ya, I like fruity drinks. (No jokes please). Like, I can't do hoppy things...or anything like that. Just grosses me out. I try though. But, I very rarely get rekt on anything light. If I want to get rekt, it takes some liquor to do the job. The other day when we went to that three martini lunch thing. Lawd jebus. I was a mess.

User1608

Banned
I think in 50 years it will be undisputed that deporting children was a moral crime and a blight on our history. I'm certain of it.
Agreed. I've always believed kids should be safe and cared for.
I feel so fucking bad (and angry) you even have to be afraid of this.
It's okay. I don't want to derail the thread much, but I actually read up on US politics as a way to stay informed and survive in my own way. Really, being part of the lgbt and immigrant communities has helped give me a lot of perspective on things which I will always be grateful for.

When people say both sides are the same or simply state how terrible this election will be with how bad they feel for Americans all over internet, they may not have that perspective. What I can say is Hillary in no way threatens the lives of millions and millions of lives here in the US, the way Trump does. And that's just with immigrants and muslims alone! Once you get into their other policies, it has a huge cumulative effect, which you obviously all know. Of course, I have my qualms with Hillary's foreign policy, but that's simply the reality of dealing with again, many different players, nations and events of a volatile nature and so on. Let's not even get started on that orange advocating for war crimes.

All I know is Hillary is pretty trustworthy in my eyes. Trump is a dumb old racist popular with sad, pathetic bigots.
My very much loved nieces are dreamers. 3 of them, to be precise. So I kind of understand your anger and frustration. It angers me that you and millions others have to see someone like trump being catapulted to a GOP nomination aided by such a dehumanizing rhetoric.
Thanks Melkr. One gets used to it after many years. I must say I was pretty shocked how much it put Trump at the top though. I knew he'd get the nomination, but not so, dare I say, impressively. It does feel uncomfortable to feel the hatred of millions of people, yes.

I'm sure your nieces have a great future here!!!!😃 I really wish them well!
Oh man thats so disheartening. Its happened to me too. Not even with people that I figured were just racist but with friends who considered themselves liberal but were entrenched in the 'they gotta go back home' mentality anyway. They didnt even stop to consider they were maybe talking to one at the time. Downside of being 'one of the good ones' is that people dont think the problems that plague latin american immigrants could also possibly apply to you or your family or your close friends.

E: one of the positives of Trump exposing people as racists or as totally Ok with racist hateful policies is that now I know which people actually see me and my kin as human beings. The, admittedly small, group of people who are bernie or bust are diet racists as far as Im concerned. Like they cant give a shit if my life, my family, my friends, my culture all come under systemic attack.
I know that feeling. Some of these friends didn't realize I am an immigrant so it was indeed pretty disheartening to hear them say dumb stuff and repeat make America great again. It was a shock when I told them the truth, and boy did things get awkward.

studyguy

There's wrong with sweet or fruity drinks. Whatever man, if everything was meant to be taken neat then the world would be a boring fuckin place.

Trouble

Banned
There is no difference between a stout and a porter.

There used to be. I meant it's closer what a porter was when they first started making porters and marketeers hadn't confused everything. Guinness' origins are from the same time period.

http://vinepair.com/wine-blog/difference-between-porter-stout-beer/

There's wrong with sweet or fruity drinks. Whatever man, if everything was meant to be taken neat then the world would be a boring fuckin place.

Nothing at all. I made a couple pitchers worth of hard Arnold Palmers last weekend for Memorial day. Black tea infused bourbon, fresh squeezed lemons and a shit ton of simple syrup. It was the hit of the cookout.

Wallach

Give me an imperial or obsidian stout any day. My enjoyment of a beer tends to be proportional to how well you can see through it.

Aww thanks.

Ya, I like fruity drinks. (No jokes please). Like, I can't do hoppy things...or anything like that. Just grosses me out. I try though. But, I very rarely get rekt on anything light. If I want to get rekt, it takes some liquor to do the job. The other day when we went to that three martini lunch thing. Lawd jebus. I was a mess.
I drink beer mostly but I do have a sweet tooth for liquor drinks

Pinapple juice and amaretto
Sour and amaretto
Buttery nipple
Gin and dr pepper
Long island ice tea
Tequila sunrise
A well done margarita is godly

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Give me an imperial or obsidian stout any day. My enjoyment of a beer tends to be proportional to how well you can see through it.

Man after my own heart. Personally I'm partial to Left Hand or Singlecut.

Oktoberfest style is also great if you can get it. Especially if it's from a German brewery.

Wallach

If you're going to go cheap and sweet to get drunk, my advice is a bottle of Sailor Jerry's and a case of Coke.

In fact I kind of wish I had a bottle in the house right now, as after that amazing UFC card I feel like getting smashed. Will have to stick to the stouts tonight.

Man after my own heart. Personally I'm partial to Left Hand or Singlecut.

Oktoberfest style is also great if you can get it. Especially if it's from a German brewery.

I think I had a chocolate milk stout from Singlecut that I really liked. Rogue made a double chocolate stout that I liked but I haven't seen in a long time, but lately I've really been into this imperial stout from Crooked Fence (Sins of our Fathers that I mentioned earlier).

I drink beer mostly but I do have a sweet tooth for liquor drinks

Pinapple juice and amaretto
Sour and amaretto
Buttery nipple
Gin and dr pepper
Long island ice tea
Tequila sunrise
A well done margarita is godly

I like vodkas. Like, flavored vodkas are my jam. A shot of pineapple vodka, a shot of orange vodka, an ounce or an ounce and a half of orange/pineapple juice and a little squeeze of lime is delicious.

I also had a ruby red cosmo the other day that was god tier. Also, anything with watermelon flavored vodka or liqueur. Had a watermelon martini the other day. Was good.

I;ll have wine with dinner or a cocktail, just depends on my mood. Sometimes nothing.

I also like Buckfast. My ex managed to ruin a lot of my alcohol, so I'm stocking back up. :p

If you're going to go cheap and sweet to get drunk, my advice is a bottle of Sailor Jerry's and a case of Coke.

In fact I kind of wish I had a bottle in the house right now, as after that amazing UFC card I feel like getting smashed. Will have to stick to the stouts tonight.

Sailor Jerry's is rum, right? I can't do rum often. It's too heavy or something.

So someone found that Sanders' billing of his Vatican trip to his campaign was questionable, to the tune of $613,000. How legal is this (or not)? This looks like a partisan and biased as hell website, though. http://www.politicade.com/confirmed...d-campaign-funds-for-overnight-trip-to-italy/ They post this image--

To make sure this isn't bullshit, looking at the FEC site, I can verify that there's a payment of $613k on 4/11 for air travel to his common chartering agent and lodging spent in Italy on 4/18 for ~$15k. The data is here, search for Bernie, hit the tab for expenditures. I apologize if this was already news somewhere, but I tend to follow the PoliGAF threads a good deal and never saw anything on it. A search for relevant terms in OTs 3-6 didn't get me anything.

Wallach

Sailor Jerry's is rum, right? I can't do rum often. It's too heavy or something.

Yeah, it's a spiced rum pretty much made for getting wasted. 92 proof. Cheap too, one of the reasons I like keeping it stocked.

It's pretty sweet so if you already can't do rum between the sweetness and the alcohol content it'd probably put you away.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think I had a chocolate milk stout from Singlecut that I really liked. Rogue made a double chocolate stout that I liked but I haven't seen in a long time, but lately I've really been into this imperial stout from Crooked Fence (Sins of our Fathers that I mentioned earlier).

Left Hand has a very smooth and drinkable stout, seriously I go through a glass of it like it's nothing when I order it. Definitely recommended.

Trouble

Banned

Rogue Mocha Porter is tasty, used to be one of my go-to's. Also, if you want to get down with a Chocolate Stout on the cheap Trader Joe's has a pretty decent one for like $3 per 22.

I will try pretty much any beer that has chocolate, coconut or vanilla in it. The winter brew fest here is heaven.

http://brewpublic.com/beer-events/2015-washington-winter-beer-fest-returns-december-4-5/

User1608

Banned
I must say Fairlife chocolate milk is pretty damn good and it has way less sugar than regular 1% choc milk to boot too. Not to mention creamier!!

Wallach

Rogue Mocha Porter is tasty, used to be one of my go-to's. Also, if you want to get down with a Chocolate Stout on the cheap Trader Joe's has a pretty decent one for like $3 per 22.

I will try pretty much any beer that has chocolate, coconut or vanilla in it. The winter brew fest here is heaven.

http://brewpublic.com/beer-events/2015-washington-winter-beer-fest-returns-december-4-5/

Yeah, winter is by far the best time for seasonal brews. I'm not sure I've had a vanilla stout before to be honest, but I need to keep an eye out because that sounds really good.

We recommend you try countering Bastion as Hanzo, Genji or Widowmaker.
Oh I can beat him with junk rat no problem

But normally he still gets all the glory in play of the game

I can wreck bastions all day but they'll still get the cred over me in best play

Mess. Sad.

Holmes

Looks like there's some disagreement between the Green Papers and the AP over whether the delegate split is 6-1 or 7-0. The chairman of the VI Democratic party has also said it's 7-0. Might be a while before we have the definitive delegation split.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom