• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Embarrassing.

LOL

Of course not. They won't ever admit it because they know their constituency feels the same way, yet doesn't want to be labeled as racist.

Chichikov

In my day Zima* was the go to name drop to clown other people's taste in drinks. Simpler times.

Adam try some lambics, or some ciders. But like Chichikov said, you do you and F what anybody else thinks.

*or B&J wine coolers. Fuzzy Navel 4 life.
Zima was for certain in my days too, but I'm trying to get down with the kids. And yeah, I second your recommendations, especially for ciders, ton of great options there.

NeoXChaos

CkMa6GzWUAQjc5-.jpg

CkMa3etXAAE7ka3.jpg

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Don't you feel like there is herding going on at some point? +2 in every poll is bizarrely consistent.

Iolo

The +2 everywhere is very suspicious, especially with the crosstabs being utterly different between these polls, but I'm not a statistician.

Kind of hoping the LV model is being skewed by the unusual age demographics of Latinos in CA—if older / foreign born don't answer as much, the proportions within the sample could be off, even if the sample overall is proportionate to other groups.

Slayven

Water. Planning on vaping a tic tac container's worth of weed when my wife goes to bed though. For Hillary of course.

TYT is appointment viewing for me this Tuesday. Hopefully Jimmy Dore's salt doesn't come pouring through my monitor.
I think Anna will crack and say she is voting trump just to teach people a leason
How is Hilldawg gonna get reelected if we're all dead
Everclear isn't that strong

Tarkus

I hate IPAs. It's nice to find a place where the tap isn't like half IPAs.
IPAs are my jam. The more bitter the better. A nice double will put some hair on your balls. Sierra Nevada Hoptimum was the best I've had. I've seen it at a little dainty resort mountain town restaurant.

Embarrassing.

It's the same tightrope they're trying to walk when they make convoluted statements about how they'll vote for "the nominee." They know Trump's rhetoric is toxic, but they depend on his base for votes. Hence they try to neither embrace him nor push his away. It's pathetic and I hope it backfires on them badly. Then maybe they'll finally start to confront the problems that have been festering within their party for decades.

Y2Kev

But it's young Latinos, and they favor Bernie. Though not as much as white youngs.

I guess the question is what is the average age of Latinos in Nevada vs. California.

Y2Kev

Yeah, sorry, not buying it. I'm very prepared to be wrong (and sad and embarrassed), but I don't get why results would be that different.

I figure Arizona is all old ppl tho.

HylianTom

Banned
I want to know how close she gets today.. after waiting so long, to be so close, she has to be going bonkers internally.

expect a Hillary wins. Demographics have been the story of this primary and continue to be.

If PoliGAF ever wants alcohol poisoning, watch MSNBC's 2012 Election Night coverage and take a shot every time the word "demographics" is uttered. The "demographics is destiny" is hammered like craaazy.

Bowdz

Fucking lowlife Bernie just keeps using GOP talking points today. He hit her on the Clinton Foundation saying it was a conflict of interest and that both Clinton and Trump are too eager to go to war. Dude, it's over. Please try not to shit the bed on the way out.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It makes me laugh that Redstate is so ridiculously anti-Trump.

Craaaaaaazy predictions

Bernie wins California by 3 points
Hillary crushes NJ by 25+ points

Clinton is declared the nominee after California polls close

How is someone supposed to spend money for a trip to Vatican during campaigning? I'm asking cuz I dont know. From his own pockets?

Imagine that the campaign didn't exist. Now imagine how a Sanders Vatican visit would go. Pretty much exactly like that.

The real issue is that he displayed the bad judgement to go at all, everything else spins out from that.

studyguy

No one is going to wait for CA to close to call presumptive nominee. If Sanders wins CA after she clinches the nom, it's gonna be the narrative for days. Shit is just too good to pass up.

Sanders isn't crushing CA, by the numbers we are irrelevant this primary year. The horse race narrative by the media is the only smoke left.

Iolo

No one is going to wait for CA to close to call presumptive nominee. If Sanders wins CA after she clinches the nom, it's gonna be the narrative for days. Shit is just too good to pass up.

That would be the same whether or not they call before CA.

Y2Kev

Well, it would be embarrassing. Sort of a rejection of the obvious nominee would be the spin. Though Clinton won california in 2008. I think it's just important she win and that's it.

Watching Tapper's show and his Trump interview....wow. Trump is a mess.

Yeah, it seems like his tactic of holding a press conference to attack the press has maybe made the press remember what their job is in an election.

I want to fast forward to the debates so bad. Primadonald is going to come off as a rambling, whiny, spoiled rich brat in the face of clinical Clinton's precise takedowns and policy analysis.

Iolo

Well yes, I agree it matters overall if she wins. But if she loses CA, it doesn't matter when they declare her the nominee—whether before or afterward, the narrative will be the same: she can't close the deal. Remember when they said that over and over about Obama?

Also looking forward to a slew of endorsements starting Wednesday.

That makes no sense. Why wait for CA?

because the predictions are craaaaaaaaazy!

also I don't think it's a stretch to say the DNC would like to prevent as much complaining by Sanders as possible, and holding off the presumptive nominee shit from the media till California closes would at least be a step in that direction.

studyguy

'She can't close the deal' would be forgotten about the moment Obama, Warren, Biden and crew all go to bat for her. Shits a wrap once the DNC mobilizes no matter what narrative is getting kicked around.

I do hope she seals up CA and we all just move on but I'm prepared for a deluge of nonsense no matter what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom