• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iolo

Wait, so if Hillary won every delegate from Puerto Rico, she'd be the winner already? Lol.

Yes, even without additional superdelegates, although that assumes she gets 7 delegates instead of 6 in USVI. It would kind of spoil her speech on Tuesday, but it would be hilarious.

Bowdz

So how long do you guys think it'll be until we hear Trump state the inevitable "Look folks, Hitler did some good things. Not everything was bad folks"?

Search your feelings, you know it's coming.

Paskil

It's obviously fraud that we don't have PR results yet. It will also obviously be fraud if Hillary Clinton wins. It's obvious that we should only count white millennial votes. Obviously.

Also, it would be great if depending on the results for today, some news organizations start calling her the presumptive nominee. Just to shit in Bernie's Cheerios.

Accept that we can't save Afghanistan?

This is yet another example of America getting really invested in a specific impossible task. It is not possible for us to create a stable, non-theocratic government in Afghanistan. This should be clear both because we've repeatedly failed and because it has never happened in Afghanistan. Moreover, there are plenty of other countries with failed or theocratic governments in the world and we don't feel the need to invade and permanently occupy all of them, so why permanently occupy this one?

So maybe they should try to stop them.
Because the insurgency is creating a region where non-state actors can proliferate?

I mean I don't know the answers but until there's a deal with the Taliban I don't think it makes sense to leave. Let them be a theocracy but have some level of crackdown on terrorism targeting our vital interests (and the world in the case of Pakistan)

Brinbe

Well who knows, maybe she garners 85% lol.

Probably not. But she'll get super close I bet. Tuesday will be super fun, too bad I have to work and I'll miss the fun. =(

Anyway, I think it's clear that there'll be a good percentage of Bernie Bros/Gals that'll never come around and after Tuesday it's time to stop worrying about them or paying them attention.

sanders-full.png
Make Puerto Rico Great Again.

It's better that she doesn't clear the threshold with PR, because it would send some people into a tirade about voters that can't participate in the GE deciding the nominee.
I think it'd also give a lot of ammo to people who think the whole thing is rigged because Bernie will certainly win some contests on Tuesday even if Cali isn't one of them. Best to wait for that to play out, it's only two days.

Can't wait for Bernie's speech justifying staying in the race. "The people of North Dakota have spoken! Also everyone in California and New Jersey can go fuck themselves! Including the ones who voted for me!"

I hope a big win in PR comes coupled with enough superdelegate endorsements to put her at 2,382. That's right, Bernie can be the nominee if he literally wins 100% of all remaining delegates. Dat clear but narrow path.

studyguy

Thus dude says he doesn't accept paypal. Just digital gift cards from amazon or like giftrocket? Whatever that is... eh sounds... err

Effect

When Sanders talks about large voter turn out has that ever benefited him this primary? Why does he keep talking about it? I never understood that coming from him.

When Sanders talks about large voter turn out has that ever benefited him this primary? Why does he keep talking about it? I never understood that coming from him.
It really hasn't. All you need to do is look at the caucus results.

It just gives him something to complain about. Same thing with open vs. closed primaries even though Clinton has won more open primaries than he has.

So, Bernie said today that he's going to introduce a different bill to help PR.

BRAH, you say that shit weeks ago not the day of caucus. God, he can't even pander correctly. Mess. Sad.

ampere

You guys are giving the comic author too much credit. It just means Hillary wants to shoot Bernie because she kills everyone

Duh

wikipedia said:
US Virgin Islands

Black or African American 76.0%
White 16.6%

Puerto Rico

Non-white 24.2%
White 75.8%
psst, Ampere. Puerto Rico is almost entirely Hispanic. Like, that 75% is all Hispanic. Sometimes Latin-Americans identify as "white" or the census considers them white. But rest assured, PR is all brown. All. brown.

Source:
I had a Puerto Rican boyfriend.

ampere

Question for you nerds:

After the point on Tuesday when Hilldawg clinches the magic number, if all of Bernie's supers and all unpledged supers start to move to Hillary, do you expect Bernie to drop out? I think he will, although possibly waiting until after the DC primary on the 14th.

psst, Ampere. Puerto Rico is almost entirely Hispanic. Like, that 75% is all Hispanic. Sometimes Latin-Americans identify as "white" or the census considers them white. But rest assured, PR is all brown. All. brown.

Source:
I had a Puerto Rican boyfriend.

Yeah that's true that white doesn't mean non-hispanic. Still thinking it won't be a blowout like VI which is mostly black

shem935

Banned
Question for you nerds:

After the point on Tuesday when Hilldawg clinches the magic number, if all of Bernie's supers and all unpledged supers start to move to Hillary, do you expect Bernie to drop out? I think he will, although possibly waiting until after the DC primary on the 14th.

Nope. He's staying. Guy doesn't like being wrong. I will be incredibly surprised if he does drop.

Bowdz

Question for you nerds:

Yeah that's true that white doesn't mean non-hispanic. Still thinking it won't be a blowout like VI which is mostly black

I honestly don't know at this point. His rhetoric from this morning is arguably some of his toughest yet and it seems increasingly unlikely that he'll walk it back in two days IMO. I think he'll probably get a call from the President if he hasn't dropped out by DC strongly urging him to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom