• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy sold me seats where 1 person sits between my girlfriend and I. Hopefully the person between the two of us is okay with swapping a seat otherwise shit's gonna be real real awkward lmao

Just threaten to do weird straight people stuff over top the person in the middle. That'd get me to give up my seat. :p

It also ignores the supreme court.
If a liberal SCOTUS majority ever put the kibbutz on redistricting by laying out some standard for what constitutes fair districts (Kennedy has hinted at supporting something like this), Republicans are completely and utterly fucked in their current state. Fair district lines would have easily given the Democrats the House in 2012.

lmao

CkI7QXjVEAE4ZC4.jpg

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Not likely. Clinton campaign doesn't want it to either.

What's the reasoning behind wanting to clinch on Tuesday instead of today? Is it just because they have things scheduled for Tuesday, or is it because they specifically don't want the Virgin Island and Puerto Rico to be the votes that seal it for reasons I don't quite get?

What's the reasoning behind wanting to clinch on Tuesday instead of today? Is it just because they have things scheduled for Tuesday, or is it because they specifically don't want the Virgin Island and Puerto Rico to be the votes that seal it for reasons I don't quite get?

Don't want to depress turnout.

Because everyone is going to pay attention on Tuesday. No one is paying attention now.

I guess this makes sense. I thought it was just about the sad internet manbabies who would cause a furor about the evil yas queen finally crushing their birdie.

That's probably the real reason.

In a way, I'd hvae preferred her to clinch today. Then if she does lose Cali, she can be like LOLOLOLOL Who cares? I didn't try. I already won. WERK FUCK QUEEN YASSS.

Crocodile

One thing that frustrates me in conversations between Clinton vs Sanders surrogates is that the former perhaps lean a bit too much on math when the later bring up "message". What should be done is that people should be pressed on what they think the message is, how Sanders intends to push it into legislation and why they think Clinton doesn't care about those issues. When Sanders supporters talk about income inequality as being a big issue, I get the sense that some of them think Clinton doesn't care about income inequality. When they call Sanders a fighter I get a sense that some of them don't think Clinton has been a fighter her entire political career? I legit think some Sanders supporters don't know a lot about Clinton but I have no idea if that's because they haven't done the research or if Clinton hasn't explained herself well enough. It's weird.

NeoXChaos

Reminder for Tuesday

"Hillary Clinches Democratic Nomination" Thread will go up at 8:00pm EST
PoliGAF chat will go up at 7:30 EST
All HiIlaryGAF will be in their Hillary Avatars on Tuesday and Wednesday
If Bernie drops out Tuesday Night, I ask Y2Kev to update my thread with "Bernie to concede" or I'll just make a separate thread for that.

Places to watch the salt flow in

GAF OT "June thread" "Hillary clinches Democratic Nomination" and possibly "Bernie Sanders to drop out of Presidential Race"
dailykos
Facebook friends
r/politcs and r/s4p
the twitters of Shaun King, Seth Abramson, HA Goodman etc

*basically the whole internet where liberals congregate.

It's probably a robotext.
One thing that frustrates me in conversations between Clinton vs Sanders surrogates is that the former perhaps lean a bit too much on math when the later bring up "message". What should be done is that people should be pressed on what they think the message is, how Sanders intends to push it into legislation and why they think Clinton doesn't care about those issues. When Sanders supporters talk about income inequality as being a big issue, I get the sense that some of them think Clinton doesn't care about income inequality. When they call Sanders a fighter I get a sense that some of them don't think Clinton has been a fighter her entire political career? I legit think some Sanders supporters don't know a lot about Clinton but I have no idea if that's because they haven't done the research or if Clinton hasn't explained herself well enough. It's weird.
Clinton surrogates, like Clinton, are pivoting to the general. Income inequality is a big issue, but it's not a centrepiece and devoting substantial amounts of time to trying to push how good she is on it, as opposed to their GE messaging, just to get the Faith Militant onboard isn't really their current aim.

Chris...he's not letting this go.

OMFG

Hillary has a "bad record on race" so he might have to go with the fucking LIBERTARIAN!?

OMG. I need alcohol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom