• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should be considered an honorary gay because of my past relations.

Can you rock a feather boa!?

9yWqce2.jpg

This one's for you, Adam.

BWahahahahahah. You got me. Read me for filth. :)

Paskil

9yWqce2.jpg

This one's for you, Adam.

You make my life difficult at the poll. -.-

I'm not sure the machine would pick up your vote and I would have to recast your ballot, which means that I have to confirm with all my poll workers that I am correctly determining your intent.

I had to toss two ballots in April because I did not feel that voter intent could be adequately determined.

I'm not sure the machine would pick up your vote and I would have to recast your ballot, which means that I have to confirm with all my poll workers that I am correctly determining your intent.

His intent is drag ha. (with ha being me).

I approve this message, and I will register as "Don't Put Ketchup On Steak" as a write in candidate. :D

Paskil

The best part about working at the polling place is casting the absentee ballots. We had a total of 114 in April, which means I had to go up to the machine after ensuring they were all accurate and met the criteria to be valid ballots and insert them into the machine. Because we had a constant stream of voters, I could only insert 2-5 at a time before stepping back. Each time I had to loudly state: "CASTING ABSENTEE BALLOTS." To someone not paying attention, it would totally look like fraud and that I was rigging the votes, lol.

CDX

Reminder for Tuesday

"Hillary Clinches Democratic Nomination" Thread will go up at 8:00pm EST
PoliGAF chat will go up at 7:30 EST
All HiIlaryGAF will be in their Hillary Avatars on Tuesday and Wednesday
If Bernie drops out Tuesday Night, I ask Y2Kev to update my thread with "Bernie to concede" or I'll just make a separate thread for that.

Places to watch the salt flow in

GAF OT "June thread" "Hillary clinches Democratic Nomination" and possibly "Bernie Sanders to drop out of Presidential Race"
dailykos
Facebook friends
r/politcs and r/s4p
the twitters of Shaun King, Seth Abramson, HA Goodman etc

*basically the whole internet where liberals congregate.

Oh that's getting it's own thread!

I need to get myself a Hillary avatar for the occasion.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 20m20 minutes ago
The Clinton News Network, sometimes referred to as @CNN, is getting more and more biased.They act so indignant-hear them behind closed doors

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 3m3 minutes ago
I am watching @CNN very little lately because they are so biased against me. Shows are predictable garbage! CNN and MSM is one big lie!

Get Jack Tapper on his ass!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'm really offended that Bernie has called me twice and Hillary hasn't despite the fact I DONATED to Hillary. Her org is terrible.

pigeon

Banned

I had to toss two ballots in April because I did not feel that voter intent could be adequately determined.

Sorry! I was worried that writing somebody in and not voting for them would have the same problem.

I'm rather disappointed at the penmanship more than anything else.

Now you know my secret shame. I had a handwriting-specific disability when I was younger.

Cherry-picking recent history too. Democrats have won the popular vote in 5 of the past 6 presidential elections. The fact that Reagan dominated politics for over a decade is relatively meaningless.

Democrats have a firm advantage in presidential races. That doesn't mean they'll always win, but the GOP will need to moderate themselves dramatically to make themselves regularly competitive and not just winning fluke elections. House and Senate might take some time to catch up (remember that Democrats held the House for 40 years before losing it in 94, even when Nixon, Reagan and Bush won in landslides) but they'll get there.

Not to mention Carter and Clinton(and Gore) won by winning part of the white conservative vote. Demographic changes have proven Democrats dont need to appeal to conservatives anymore. The last few elections prove that. As you said, Republicans need to moderate and in turn steal some of the Democrats coalition just as Carter and Clinton stole voters from Republicans. (During 1968-2000 I mean, obviously white conservatives were firmly Democrats before then.)

HylianTom

Banned
I want to say: I am amazed that we're seeing hours and hours of cable media devoted to.. Puerto Rico.

This year still finds small ways to amaze.

studyguy

Muh free speech on a privately owned site though!
How can I voice my genuine concerns if I can't be a low rent version of /pol/?

Cerium

Looks like there's a good chance /r/The_Donald could get banned from reddit. One of the moderators called a reddit admin full of shit. There's a bunch of drama over /r/politics allegedly censoring conservative opinions, full summary here: https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditD...s_corruption_is_being_claimed_by_rthe_donald/

If it does get banned this could eclipse /r/fatpeoplehate as the biggest shitstorm in reddit history

That would be an interesting train wreck to watch unfold.

Looks like there's a good chance /r/The_Donald could get banned from reddit. One of the moderators called a reddit admin full of shit. There's a bunch of drama over /r/politics allegedly censoring conservative opinions, full summary here: https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditD...s_corruption_is_being_claimed_by_rthe_donald/

If it does get banned this could eclipse /r/fatpeoplehate as the biggest shitstorm in reddit history

I can't wait. Oh please let this happen.

Paskil

Sorry! I was worried that writing somebody in and not voting for them would have the same problem.

Now you know my secret shame. I had a handwriting-specific disability when I was younger.

Don't feel bad about the writing. Mine is only marginally better than yours, lol. Just make sure to close those lines. If the machine read it, no problem. I don't know how it is in California, but in Wisconsin, you only get a couple of replacement ballots before you're fucked, if you mess up. If you want them to be squeaky clean, they might have a ballot marker there where you insert your ballot, make your selections, and the machine will then mark the lines or write ins for you.

Again, if you have a machine tabulator and it read your ballot, there is no issue. Ignore my grumpy puss post.

Anything Sanders is saying or not saying about conceding right now is meaningless. I mean, I really don't think he's going to Tuesday and probably not until after DC, but even if he's got his speech ready for delivery in two days he's not even going to give even the slightest hint before a major primary.

He's taking it all the way to the convention until he isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom