• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plumbob

The very process of taking the nomination out of the hands of voters and bargaining with party insiders would make Sanders the very candidate he criticizes in Hillary.

Paskil

How about this?

HzffjEG.png

Just used GIMP instead of paint to maintain transparency.

Great, thanks! Much cleaner than before.

watershed

Banned
The very process of taking the nomination out of the hands of voters and bargaining with party insiders would make Sanders the very candidate he criticizes in Hillary.

This has been his only strategy for months now. He needs the very establishment he decries to give him the nomination and take it away from the candidate who won the popular vote. That's why his strategy makes no sense.

Would the lack of support in PR be indicative of money troubles for sanders? Or are those unpaid volunteers?

I think they're unpaid volunteers, but that's just from my experience. It could be different in PR. I think he had little infrastructure in the territory, though. That would be party of the problem.

Hillary has also won every single territory. They're all southern, oligarchy, corporate, Wall Street frauds, though...

Wilsongt

Would the lack of support staff in PR be indicative of money troubles for sanders? Or are those unpaid volunteers?

Well, of course he is having money troubles. I mean, school is over for the year and those financial aid checks are done until August.

I can't be the only one who pictures this as adam's mom.

zjQXNJ3.jpg

When my mom watched Queer as Folk she legit said "My god, poor Micheal having a mother like that." AND I WANTED TO DIE.

Nate Cohn ‏@Nate_Cohn 1m1 minute ago Manhattan, NY
Clinton now needs just 30 percent of remaining pledged delegates to clinch a majority of pledged delegates.

Nate Cohn ‏@Nate_Cohn 3m3 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
Clinton's pledged delegate lead is back to 289, per Green Papers--exactly where it was post 4/26, up from 208 post-WI. Peak was 309 on 3/15

Dierce

This has been his only strategy for months now. He needs the very establishment he decries to give him the nomination and take it away from the candidate who won the popular vote. That's why his strategy makes no sense.
Exactly, I wish a Sanders supporter could explain this without resorting to doublethink "We hate superdelegates and the establishment they stand for but we will convince them to be on our side for the good of the establishment."

Bill Kristol ‏@BillKristol 5m5 minutes ago
David French would have been a fine alternative to Clinton and Trump. But the path is open, and a better choice remains necessary.

I'm sure Bernie has a nice Tweet thanking his supporters in Puerto Rico.

: goes to Twitter :

Bernie Sanders ‏@BernieSanders 43m43 minutes ago
It's irresponsible that my opponent justifies sending children back to terribly violent countries as a way to "send a message."

no-nose-girl.gif

Slayven

Exactly, I wish a Sanders supporter could explain this without resorting to doublethink "We hate superdelegates and the establishment they stand for but we will convince them to be on our side for the good of the establishment."

a more savvy person would have spun as "I am going to beat the system using their own rules, then fix it from the inside"

royalan

...is she your opponent though when she effectively ended your campaign over a month ago? It's delusion that propels the Sanders' campaign; not any sort of actual path to victory or any "weakness" on Hillary's part.

Hillary completely ignoring Bernie is, like, the best shade ever. And it's completely eating him up.

a more savvy person would have spun as "I am going to beat the system using their own rules, then fix it from the inside"

Exactly. This should have been the angle. I'm not sure why no one told him to do that. It's so obvious. But, then again, his campaign has been completely all over the place the entire time. The only narrative that has gone through consistently is FRAUD.

Slayven

Sanders is the Azelia Banks of the 2016 election, his meager achievements are forgotten and only known for being messy on social media

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I don't know if I like my avatar. I think the rainbow pantsuits are too small to see when it's avatar size.

KpbOVTz.png

I might change it to something else before Tuesday.

Here, using a better scaler.
2tBE2M2.png

Also, NYCMetsFan, you forgot this:
qeM3p3t.png

So this not enough volunteers to count votes in Puerto Rico didn't come out of nowhere btw.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc-quick-cuts/watch/sanders-faces-criticism-from-pr-staffers-686810179995

Sanders own people in Puerto Rico let him know about low staff/volunteers last month.

The exact thing that MSNBC is reporting now, Sanders not having enough people to man polling stations, the Sanders camp was warned about by his own freaking people last month.

It makes me sad that he hung his volunteers out to dry like that. That dude was so damned heartfelt.

hawk2025

In the documentary The Source Family -- spoilers to follow, I suppose, if you do not know how the end of the California-based cult came about -- there is this incredible scene near the end that is extremely interesting.

You see, as the leader and master guru of the movement, Father Yod" became more and more committed to his own cause, even as the group splintered into chaos and controversy despite the deepest believers circling the wagons and remaining true believers, he decided that he was going to go hang-gliding. He was called to it, he was going to get closer to God somehow that way.

Now, he had never done it before, and with no real knowledge on how to actually go about it, he ended up missing the air currents, losing altitude rapidly, and crashing into the ground.

He broke his back, legs, and was bleeding profusely.

His cult followers rushed to his side, and took him back to their commune.

As he remained in pain, bloody and dying, he realized he didn't stand much of a chance, and asked one of his closest followers:

"Should I go to a hospital?"

She replied:

"But master, you taught us that modern medicine is not to be practiced."

He died in agonizing pain.

Holmes

Looks like it's tight in San Juan. Might be because of the economy and maybe Clinton benefited in 2008 by not being black. I dunno.

CkO-iusWkAA_XGM.jpg

This is a statement by Bernie Sanders. He made it on June 5, 2008. Two days after Obama claimed victory.

I don't quite see where Bernie was saying it didn't count until the convention. Maybe I'm missing it with my oligarchy eyes.

At least Bernie personally campaigned in Puerto Rico, and from what I can gather, held a well attended town hall style rally in San Juan, that far eclipsed Bill's "low key" gathering the following day (MSNBC has a 48m live stream, but apparently he was running very late; campaigning at its finest, right there ;) ).

Although I'm sure Bernie wishes he did better in PR, it looks like he's at least beaten Obama's popular vote, with currently 37%, versus 32%.

On this whole declaring victory, a full six weeks before the superdelegates actually vote, if it was anyone other than Hillary, then you might have a point, but with a full compliment of FBI investigators on her case, anything could happen between now and July 28th.

TheFatOne

Daniel B·;205766592 said:
At least Bernie personally campaigned in Puerto Rico, and from what I can gather, held a well attended town hall style rally in San Juan, that far eclipsed Bill's "low key" gathering the following day (MSNBC has a 48m live stream, but apparently he was running very late; campaigning at its finest, right there ;) ).

Although I'm sure Bernie wishes he did better in PR, it looks like he's at least beaten Obama's popular vote, with currently 37%, versus 32%.

On this whole declaring victory, a full six weeks before the superdelegates actually vote, if it was anyone other than Hillary, then you might have a point, but with a full compliment of FBI investigators on her case, anything could happen between now and July 28th.
lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom