• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even wunderkind Tyler is predicting a Hilldawg win in Cali.

screen-shot-2016-06-05-at-8-38-52-pm.png

Tyler needs to add a retroactive momentum variable and then Bernie will win CA.

Obama to be in NYC on Wednesday for.. fundraising.

HMM..

CkOImnDVAAAsCRb

I know it would never happen, but if he would come out on Tuesday night I would lose my shit. I know it's not going to...but still.

There's an option 60 miles from here that doesn't have high costs... but I don't have a car.

First some antibiotics so I don't die.

:( So sorry. I know that feel. I hope you feel better and aren't in too much pain.

I'm watching the last season of Parks and Rec. Watching the episode with all the Senators and stuff. God, I miss this show.

this is the worst week of my life. hillary was supposed to make it better but I arrived 20 minutes after Holmes did and didn't make it in. pretty beyond devasted just in the context of this week but also because if I had just spent 20 minutes less time eating cereal or arguing with my dad or defending Asian dictators then I would have been able to take a picture I could show my grandkids.

i don't even like politics anymore

Drakeon

this is the worst week of my life. hillary was supposed to make it better but I arrived 20 minutes after Holmes did and didn't make it in. pretty beyond devasted just in the context of this week but also because if I had just spent 20 minutes less time eating cereal or arguing with my dad or defending Asian dictators then I would have been able to take a picture I could show my grandkids.

I wanted to go but already had plans :( i didn't realize there were so many other poligaffers near Sacramento.

Bernie's campaign has always been about the movement.

NO, it hasn't. And his antics over the last month have proven that. Bernie's 'Movement" began and ends with him wagging his finger at anyone hat doesn't meet his standers of leftest purity. Apparently that includes entire democratic party, Planned parenthood, large swaths of black southern democrats and ACTUAL progressive icons like Barney Frank. Bernie's movement was and is a sham. And not a very convincing one at that.

Oh it's a movement alright.

LOL

I will fly anywhere obama's speaking this summer, because I have to see him before he leaves. I kinda wanna visit Chicago this year so I hope he stops there. Hope it's a joint rally.

I wanted to go but already had plans :( i didn't realize there were so many other poligaffers near Sacramento.
I had a final :(

I'm sorry brah. I'll mix you a drink and it'll get better.

Not the drink, obviously. But, you know...in general.

Bowdz

Dems just need to roll a 3 day schedule:

1. Obama
2.Biden
3. Clinton

Trump will not know which direction the flames are coming from.

Indeed.

Trump basically shat the bed EVERY single day this week, a week in which he should have laid low and let the media hammer Clinton on the State Department IG report. Clinton's single speech put him on defense for four days. Just think about the onslaught that is about to rain down on Trump. It's going to be great.

Cerium

Trump also said that he plans to go after Obama like he did with Bill as soon as Obama starts campaigning for Hillary.

I mean, bruh, Obama is not a Clinton. He's the unicorn politician with a sparkling clean record, empty closets, and 52% approval on Gallup. He's also a much higher caliber of politician now that Bill has seemingly lost his touch. Go after him about the birther shit or whatever and you're going to get rekt. Obama is going to fucking torch him like it's 2011 all over again.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Trump also said that he plans to go after Obama like he did with Bill as soon as Obama starts campaigning for Hillary.

I mean, bruh, Obama is not a Clinton. He's the unicorn politician with a sparkling clean record, empty closets, and 52% approval on Gallup. He's also a much higher caliber of politician now that Bill has seemingly lost his touch. Go after him about the birther shit or whatever and you're going to get rekt.

Certainly not much you can use against him that you would not already use against Clinton.
Expect to hear a ton about the Iran deal and Obamacare.

Wallach

I mean, bruh, Obama is not a Clinton. He's the unicorn politician with a sparkling clean record, empty closets, and 52% approval on Gallup. He's also a much higher caliber of politician now that Bill has seemingly lost his touch. Go after him about the birther shit or whatever and you're going to get rekt. Obama is going to fucking torch him like it's 2011 all over again.

Obama getting in on the Trump destruction is what I am looking forward to most this election year.

Certainly not much you can use against him that you would not already use against Clinton.
Expect to hear a ton about the Iran deal and Obamacare.
The entirety of him flaming the clintons has been on personal shit. Trump actually discussing policy is gonna be zzzz. "The Iran deal is a MESS" doesn't sting like calling a former president a rapist.

Bowdz

What I love is that with the exception of the Clinton Foundation, Trump has already used every single attack that the GOP had ready for Clinton including calling Bill a rapist, invoking Vince Foster, and labeling Hillary an enabler. He blew his load so goddamn early while the endless treasure trove that is Trump's past statements is still waiting to be rolled out by the Dems.

mo60

T-minus 1 day and about 20 hours if I recall until we can say that Hilary Clinton is the presumptive democratic presidential nominee. I do hope the FBI finishes their investigation also in the next couple of weeks so people can stop wishing for Hilary to get indicted.

Hillary is definitely winning tomorrow and is going to be the nominee, but is Bernie really not going to run as an independent? Running as an independent would likely make Trump win, but I just have this weird feeling that he snapped and no longer cares.

Hillary is definitely winning tomorrow and is going to be the nominee, but is Bernie really not going to run as an independent? Running as an independent would likely make Trump win, but I just have this weird feeling that he snapped and no longer cares.
He's said countless times he wouldn't do it. Even if he drags this out to a floor fight I don't think he's that desperate.

danm999

He's missed the boat on being viable as an independent candidate in many critical states. Even more so if he hangs around until July to try and tilt at windmills at the Convention.

Diablos

He's said countless times he wouldn't do it. Even if he drags this out to a floor fight I don't think he's that desperate.
You don't? I see a campaign that will give reassurances one minute and then the next thing you know they increase the rhetoric against the Democratic Party. It's a notable trend. I don't trust them at all. Bernie's campaign has completely gone to his head.

You don't? I see a campaign that will give reassurances one minute and then the next thing you know they increase the rhetoric against the Democratic Party. It's a notable trend. I don't trust them at all. Bernie's campaign has completely went to his head.
Nah man I think this is his line in the sand. And he's never said anything to even hint that he's considered it.

Hell he's even said the only reason he's running as a Democrat is because he knows he would get zero traction if he was running as an independent.

I agree that it's gone to his head and I'm not sure his exit will be very graceful, but I feel 99% positive a third party run isn't in the cards.

BTW I think if he loses California he drops. That would be super embarrassing for him after his campaign has hinged everything on it. If he wins by even a hair, and even if Hillary has a massive pledged delegate lead we'll probably be in for a few more weeks of this bullshit.

Nah man I think this is his line in the sand. And he's never said anything to even hint that he's considered it.

Hell he's even said the only reason he's running as a Democrat is because he knows he would get zero traction if he was running as an independent.

I agree that it's gone to his head and I'm not sure his exit will be very graceful, but I feel 99% positive a third party run isn't in the cards.

BTW I think if he loses California he drops. That would be super embarrassing for him after his campaign has hinged everything on it. If he wins by even a hair, and even if Hillary has a massive pledged delegate lead we'll probably be in for a few more weeks of this bullshit.

Maybe this is me being hopeful, but I could see him (if he's not really the....grumpy person he appears to be) using a California win as an exit point. He could put it as a feather in his cap. He won the state, but Hillary still has the lead and she is the nominee. It lets him go out on a high, and it gives him the semblance of control over the entire situation. He gets to drop on his terms after he's won the....whatever his campaign has turned the state of California into.

If he loses California, he has absolutely nothing. I really, really want Hillary to win it. Does that make me a bitter queen? I hope not....

Obama entering the fray also will revive the birther story. I'd expect Obama to light heartedly bring it up, prompting a reporter to ask Trump if he still believes Obama is not American. And considering that Trump has a clear inability to admit he's wrong or back down, he will double down. It'll look even worse in light of his attacks on the "Mexican" judge.

I'm not sure when Trump will have a week in which he stays on message, discusses policy, and attacks Hillary's policies.

Diablos

Good points but he said he'd gain no traction as an independent how many months ago? Was it over a year ago? He's established quite the following now. He could go against his word. He'd come up with any bullshit excuse he deems appropriate. You know he has a huge bag of them. FRAUD

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
i have a job interview tomorrow

pls wish me luck poligaf

Good luck!

He's missed the boat on being viable as an independent candidate in many critical states. Even more so if he hangs around until July to try and tilt at windmills at the Convention.

Also, lots of sore loser laws that while they don't apply to a presidential run, have caveats or registration rules that make it almost impossible to apply for both - would take roughly 250 million dollars to get the petitions signed necessary to do it. I feel like people freaking out about a potential Sanders third-party run haven't sat down and looked at what it would take this late in the game.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...onths_to_consider_independent_bid_129032.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom