• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emarv

We should just start |OT7| tomorrow morning that way when generations look back and ask where you were when Hillary got nominated, we could just send them a hyperlink :p

CrazyDude

Oh god, election night is going to be glorious, I can't wait to see what blustering nonsense (or half-dangerous calls to action) he throws out as a "concession" speech. I'm half entertaining the idea that the party won't even let him make a speech knowing he'll go ballistic and torpedo the party's reputation from space with whatever he says.

Trump is just going to blame the media and establishment. If something fails with Trump, it's always someone else's fault.

Oh god, election night is going to be glorious, I can't wait to see what blustering nonsense (or half-dangerous calls to action) he throws out as a "concession" speech. I'm half entertaining the idea that the party won't even let him make a speech knowing he'll go ballistic and torpedo the party's reputation from space with whatever he says.

I dunno, wasn't he pretty gracious (unexpectedly) when he lost certain primaries?

mo60

We should just start |OT7| tomorrow morning that way when generations look back and ask where you were when Hillary got nominated, we could just send them a hyperlink :p

We may be able to start it tommorrow if we can add another 110+ pages to this thread by tommorrow which has a small chance of happening.

studyguy

Getting off work in an hour, rolling out to the rally after that since we have to be there by 5 for security and what not. Plus midday traffic zzzzzz

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Are people diablosing about Gary Johnson getting 10% in a poll? I bet someone is diablosing. Maybe Diablos.

ampere

Beyond the horrible terrible racist optics of all of this, just the notion of attacking the judge of your trial is such a terrible look.

Yeah I mean how hard is it to say "these allegations are false! this case is blah blah" and not actually attack the judge

Are people diablosing about Gary Johnson getting 10% in a poll? I bet someone is diablosing. Maybe Diablos.

Gary Johnson is the only candidate who has held public office as a Republican. I think he might actually hemorrhage a lot of Trump's vote if this whole thing continues they way it's going

19 delegates guis. Oh my....yasssssss.

I got polled a few minutes ago. Yasssssss. The girl was terrible at her job, though. Seems like it mainly for Ohio Senate race.

When you've lost lyin Ted

CkS8A14WEAAeh5W.jpg

mo60

Yeah I mean how hard is it to say "these allegations are false! this case is blah blah" and not actually attack the judge

Gary Johnson is the only candidate who has held public office as a Republican. I think he might actually hemorrhage a lot of Trump's vote if this whole thing continues they way it's going

even if Gary Johnson got around 5% of the vote it may prevent trump from breaking even 40% of the vote while Hilary is possibly in the low to mid 50's for vote share.

One beautiful side effect of this Trump U fiasco and Trump himself keeping it in the news is that it completely defangs the "Crooked Hillary" attack.

Paskil

Oh my god, this is just the beginning. Oh lawd. Jesus is a biscuit and he needs to sop me up.

How is it possible for each day to be better and better? Like this is an amazing day and tomorrow, an angel choir will probably be following me. The last time I said this was the best election of my lifetime, it wasn't even close to as awesome as it now is. Like what does two months look like? The first debate?

GutsOfThor

Wow at Johnson. Really hoping he keeps gaining support as that would make it that much more difficult for trump to win in November.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
The Libertarian party is the only party that has two elected republican officials on it.

Libertarian will probably siphon equally from GOP and Dems; should work out for Clinton either way. If they have a legit shot at getting a 5% national vote - I might be tempted to vote for them (I vote in WA...so no worries about it tipping a state race) for president just so we can see at least a chance of a third party. Last time they got 1% so not too big of a worry yet.

But 10%? Holy crap. I want them to get to 15 so they can enter the debate!

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister

Holmes

I don't see how a right-wing third party will siphon away votes from the Democrats, especially in equal amounts to Donald Trump.

Paskil

The Libertarian party is the only party that has two elected republican officials on it.

Libertarian will probably siphon equally from GOP and Dems; should work out for Clinton either way. If they have a legit shot at getting a 5% national vote - I might be tempted to vote for them (I vote in WA...so no worries about it tipping a state race) for president just so we can see at least a chance of a third party. Last time they got 1% so not too big of a worry yet.

But 10%? Holy crap. I want them to get to 15 so they can enter the debate!

Given my work and experiences in life, a Libertarian president might potentially be one of the worst events in the history of our country. Assuming that a Republican Congress goes along with their agenda.

How is it possible for each day to be better and better? Like this is an amazing day and tomorrow, an angel choir will probably be following me. The last time I said this was the best election of my lifetime, it wasn't even close to as awesome as it now is. Like what does two months look like? The first debate?
Trump comes out on stage. Calls Hillary a bitch, and takes a literal shit on the stage. That's the first debate. Then in the town hall debate, Trump gets asked a question by a Mexican American woman. He tells her he loves churros and tacos, then he winks at her. Orange spray tan flies everywhere. In the third debate, Trump just screams WALL for 90 minutes.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Can someone make a *Dumpster Fire Intensifies* gif?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Honestly, the only best thing to me about Johnson possibly getting 5% is whether the Libertarian Party would actually accept matching funds
KuGsj.gif

Maxim726X

Put another notch into the "he's trying to lose" column.. geez.

It's clear now that Trump just wants to be surrounded by 'yes' people, at the expense of winning an election.

Because, you know, who's smarter/better-looking/genuine/hard-working than Trump?

Great news for the Dems. He may implode his own campaign without any help at all.

Good, hopefully Obama talked some sense into him. I'm assuming that he would like to continue his career as a senator with the backing of the democratic party. He'd be wise to listen.

The most interesting thing about the poll with Johnson included is, it still has 15% that are un-decided in them. So he could definitely gain the extra 5% or so to be in the debates. he would just have to hold them across many polls.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Great news for the Dems. He may implode his own campaign without any help at all.

Seriously, the entire judge thing is his own doing.
I figured he would at least need to be poked a bit to meltdown.

Angry Grimace

The real question for me is who in their right fucking mind would blow money contributing to a Trump campaign? The only reason to do it is to save downticket races and's basically blowing those up.

I'm in no way a Libertarian, but I'd love to see them do better and make a third party more prominent. And even better if they could split the GOP base away from the racists and religious regressives.

And this before Trump even comes under sustained attack.

I wonder. Let's suppose that Trump makes it past the convention, but then somehow spontaneously implodes during the campaign. Is there then a process for putting up an alternative candidate?

After the convention? Noooope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom