• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine the printing company was getting subsidized or may have been doing a solid for the school in that case. I know it reduced the rich kids making fun of the poor kids in our era - but I do not think it would have nearly the same effectiveness now due to the rise of cell phones / social media and other ways to a) determine socio-economic status and b) bully.

Your mom and I are kindred spirits on NCLB, I suspect.

They may have done, but they switched companies a few times over the years while keeping it $5. Ya, my mom and NCLB is a fucking dumpster fire. To make a long story short, she was no longer considered qualified to teach the class she had taught for 15 years and had to be "observed" by another teacher for an entire year. Said teacher actually did her student teaching in my mom's classroom. Then all that other bullshit the law did. Mess. Sad. etc.

Indictments

LOL

The indictments just got 10 times longer. Keep laughing.

Hah, I can only imagine how Obama spoke to Bernie. To be a fly on Obama's wall...

iBBavTm.gif

Paskil

Also, is it just me or does HA Goodman look like someone you want to see freak out at a distance? Like preferably a state away. He seems so unbalanced, I can totally picture him running up to the closest person to headbutt them in rage because his senpai lost.

bernie doesn't have the luxury of getting three hundred thousand dollars per speech to every bank on wall street like your """"queen""""". he's gotta get it from the people.

What does that have to do with throwing away 5 dollars while unemployed on a campaign that will be over in less than 48 hours?

Over twelve million Californians can participate in the democratic election tomorrow. Comparing that number to how well Bernie does in other percentages of primary turnouts - If they all participated (not all voted Bernie but just plain participated) Bernie would not just win CA, but he would tie this election.
Please do your part to ensure the largest turnout possible.

Um....am I dumb or does this make no sense?

Ralph Nader is really a "liberal" in the maleness and whitest sense.

Now that you mention it, Trump is a fascinating phenomenon. What does his popularity tell you about the electorate and what they want?

Well, and you see this when you walk past construction sites and you talk with white male workers, they feel they have been verbally repressed. It’s hard for someone your age to understand what I’m about to say. They like to stand on a corner and whistle at a pretty lady. They like to flirt. But they can’t do that anymore. Multiply that across the continuum. You can’t say this about that, and you can’t say that about this. And the employer tells you to hush. And perhaps your spouse tells you to hush, and your kids tell you to hush. So they have a whole language that they inherited — ethnic words like Polack. A lot of these people grew up on ethnic jokes, which are totally taboo now. Do you know, Lydia, there are no ethnic-joke books in bookstores anymore?

There used to be?

All the time. There were Negro-joke books, Jewish-joke books, Polish-joke books, Italian-joke books. They used ethnic jokes to reduce tension in the 1930s, ’40s, ’50s. And they’d laugh at each other’s jokes and hurl another one. But it still flows through ethnic America, you know. There are hundreds of things that people would like to say. So here’s this guy — he doubles down on them, he blows their minds. So that’s the first way he got their attention.

... Nader mourning the lost days of when you could buy books that insulted Jews and when you could sexually harass women without repercussion.

https://psmag.com/election-season-p...lic-interest-crusader-82d6fbd6e13d#.2kwldzrhe

Paskil

Nearly every campaign ends with debt. Hillary didn't pay off her 2008 debt until the end of 2012. Retro is just helping Bernie eat.

Iolo

Is there some standard for when political donations become frivolous?

I don't see how its any different than the people who helped pay off Clinton's massive '08 debt.

Speaking of which, I really think Bernie is going to have a significant debt to pay off. I wonder if his supporters would pony up to do so, or if they will leave it up to Hillary and her supporters to cover it?

HylianTom

Banned
(As I imagine) Obama to Bernie: "I am telling you right now: there is no chance in hell that you will ever get superdelegates to flip. Wrap this up."

And.. can someone put a tiny Hillary 'H' on RBG's glove for me?

--

WAAAH!

CkTrl5qXIAEVC0U.jpg

Wilsongt

OMG, did y'all go on HAHAs Twitter?

He tweeted his story 11 times with a different hashtag each time.

#FeelTheBern
#FBImWithHer
#FBIPrimary
#FBI
#BernieInLA
#BernieOrBust
#HillarySoQualified
#BernieInSanDiego
#BernieInModesto
#BernieInOakland

He does that. Tweets the same thing a bazillion times with different indicators.

Worth noting the WH had been trying to get in contact for awhile with Sanders' campaign to no avail, so that likely played a role in Obama's alleged tone.

I'd imagine it went something along the lines of telling him you do what you think is right, but in the mean time I'm going to be doing x,y,z and it would benefit you to be on board.

Obama knows he can unify the party regardless.

Paskil

(As I imagine) Obama to Bernie: "I am telling you right now: there is no chance in hell that you will ever get superdelegates to flip. Wrap this up."

--

WAAAH!

CkTrl5qXIAEVC0U.jpg

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

http://www.seattletimes.com/nation-...n-has-delegates-to-win-democratic-nomination/
WASHINGTON (AP) — Hillary Clinton has commitments from the number of delegates needed to become the Democratic Party’s presumptive nominee for president, and will be first woman to top the ticket of a major U.S. political party. An Associated Press count of pledged delegates won in primaries and caucuses and a survey of party insiders known as superdelegates shows Clinton with the overall support of the required 2,383 delegates. Now the presumptive nominee, she will formally accept her party’s nomination in July at the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia.

Cerium

Worth noting the WH had been trying to get in contact for awhile with Sanders' campaign to no avail, so that likely played a role in Obama's alleged tone.

I'd imagine it went something along the lines of telling him you do what you think is right, but in the mean time I'm going to be doing x,y,z and it would benefit you to be on board.

He's been on the sidelines for so long that I think some people forgot just what kind of stature Obama really has. If he comes out and says "cut it out bros" then Bernie's movement dies the next day. The call was probably a "don't make me come over there" moment.

NeoXChaos

--

WAAAH!

CkTrl5qXIAEVC0U.jpg

WE DID IT AND IT ONLY TOOK EIGHT YEARS

Do you have a source for that? Would like to share it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom