• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

dramatis

I made things for people to take if they wants (mostly just experimenting)

VFmE5fS.png

OXcA3Bn.png

RI9SHyh.png

Cs7I23H.png

nkgDfWo.png

I also made thing for Paskil

rfNW6KA.png

Ryan is looking a like a political amateur. I don't believe the House is in play but it's becoming clearer and clearer Ryan isn't built for this job.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Ah, watching the bitter, desperate last throes of Bernie fans on Facebook. Math is a foreign language to them.

catbird

Neo Member
I voted for Hillary in NJ today!

I have a 6 year old daughter and she is SO HYPED for a female president. Now, obviously she doesn't know much about politics (although she has enough sense to dislike Donald Trump ("He's a bully" - in her own words without prompting) and would probably be hyped about any woman being president, but it really reminded me how much representation matters.

A bit back there was an NPR article that featured a clip of a 6/7 year old girl telling her dad (a Cruz supporter) that she wanted Hillary to win because she was a woman. Her father told her that was wrong and that was the same as him saying that he supports Cruz because he is a man. I got into it with some people because it's NOT the same thing. And it also bugs me when people dismiss a child's enthusiasm and can't see it for what it is - happy that a girl can do it ("so maybe I can too") and not a sexist remark.

Of course, then people think I am only voting for Hillary because she is a woman. Which is some patronizing shit I get from some of my Bernie-supporting friends. No, that's not why, but I do consider it a plus. (I am a woman btw.)

dramatis

Working the polls.

Messssss.

Dumbass college kid says he doesn't want provisional voting because he hears it doesn't count, doesn't know how counties and precincts work.

Thanks for holding up the line and crying about fraud lol.
I had that in NY, but once I told the guy that sure he can get a non-provisional ballot, but he had to go to court and then come back, he lost effort and settled on a provisional ballot.

thcsquad

Is Johnson going to be this cycle's Nadar? I wonder if he'll take equal amounts of voters from both parties, or if he'll mainly pick up the #NeverTrump people.

I just don't see how he would take many Democrats, or left-leaning independents. He would pick up moderate Republicans who Hillary hopes to poach this year, or right-leaning independents. Maybe some angry Bernie supporters (left-leaning independents) are somehow rationalizing it for now because he's not Hillary/establishment but also not racist (well, I assume...I don't really know much about Gary Johnson). But after months of Dems uniting behind Hillary and the general election giving libertarian views greater scrutiny, I don't see how a left-leaning independent would end up thinking that's a good idea.

Christine

I voted by dropping off my mail-in ballot. There were guys with a "Medicinal Marijuana in [City]" sign in their car window hanging out near the polling place, accompanied by what I'll describe as a strongly medicinal odor.

Brinbe

Doesn't really mean much nationally right now. But it will be really interesting to see what effect Johnson has in statewide numbers. He could either help or be a real big spoiler. You'd think he'd be a help in splitting the GOP ticket, but he'll definitely garner some disaffected Sanders votes too.

I was super hyped for today's primaries... but now I'm kind of not. Stupid AP ruined my night, I was going to hang out, eat ice cream, and watch the drama unfold in real time...

Emarv

I was super hyped for today's primaries... but now I'm kind of not. Stupid AP ruined my night, I was going to hang out, eat ice cream, and watch the drama unfold in real time...
Oh, that's still my plan. I need these results. We won't get that voting high for another 5 months.

Is there a GAF chat tonight?

Sharpeye

Had to use the provisional ballot as my name was not in the roll because it was my first time voting and they previously got me mixed up with my Dad as we are a Jr. and Sr.
So +1 in NJ for Hillary in November, bit disappointed I won't experience the voting booth and all that until next election.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Your avi is hard to put into an H without losing what the image is. If you have the original image or something maybe I could work it out.

It's cool. I'm at work and I don't have access to my files so I'll just have to whip up something when I get home. Thanks for the effort though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom