• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still surprised Trump went so overtly racist this soon. I would have counted on it happening around September at the earliest. Thought he'd at least ride things out until the convention.

Speaking of doesn't Cruz still have all those delegates locked up. What's to stop him and others to pointing to what is happening and actually taking the nomination from Trump. Trump has given so many people an out and it's the type of implosion no one would say was an unfair reason for picking someone else.

Trump's still over the hump.

BTW Trump has been "campaigning" in CA for two weeks, wasting time and chasing cameras. He's been the presumptive nominee for quite some time and hasn't had any serious campaign events. Meanwhile Clinton will be in OH and PA next week. Out the gate and running.

benjipwns

Banned
What that's from:
http://www.telesurtv.net/english/op...-up-the-Masses-or-the-Few--20160331-0068.html
The ANES asks the following questions, which we aggregate to compile a racial resentment score for each respondent in the survey.

1. Over the past few years, Blacks have gotten less than they deserve (disagree).

2. Irish, Italian, Jewish, and many other minorities overcame prejudice and worked their way up. Blacks should do the same without any special favors (agree).

3. It's really a matter of some people not trying hard enough; if Blacks would only try harder they could be just as well off as whites (agree).

4. Generations of slavery and discrimination have created conditions that make it difficult for Blacks to work their way out of the lower class (disagree).
Figure 1 shows the percentage of each candidate's supporters who score high (above the average) and low (below the average) on our measure of racial resentment.
Results suggest that for white supporters of Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders, racial resentment decreases support for: 1) the of expansion social programs in health and education, 2) affirmative action in university admissions for Black applicants and 3) the idea that police often stop Blacks without a valid reason.

Racial resentment was also found to decrease support for the idea that the gap between rich and poor has increased over the past 20 years among white Bernie Sanders supporters. This effect was not found for white Hillary Clinton supporters or even for white Donald Trump supporters (see Figure 2).

Surprisingly, racial resentment was also found to predict attitudes toward foreign policy. Specifically, racial resentment was found to decrease support for allowing Syrian refugees into the United States for both Clinton and Sanders supporters.

Lastly, racial resentment was found to increase support for the war against the Islamic State group in Syria among white Sanders supporter but not for white Clinton supporters or even for white Trump supporters. Part of the explanation for these findings is that Sanders supporters who are low on racial resentment tend toward very tolerant positions – so the change between them and those high in racial resentment is quite stark.

Ophelion

BTW Trump has been "campaigning" in CA for two weeks, wasting time and chasing cameras. He's been the presumptive nominee for quite some time and hasn't had any serious campaign events. Meanwhile Clinton will be in OH and PA next week. Out the gate and running.

He's completely squandered the head start he had on Hillary. What a dope. If this is what he's going to do for all the GE, this isn't going to be a simple routing. It's going to be a fucking massacre. I do hope he at least devotes equal time and money to New York. People love him there, right? Makes total sense! *snicker*

It really does shine a light on just how much it didn't matter than Bernie didn't drop early. Maybe if Trump was at all competent it would've been something, but as it is, didn't matter at all.

Ryan has got to be furious that he endorsed Trump last week. Now he's forced to say he'd prefer a racist over a Democrat. That's insane.
He already knew this when he endorsed. Hell, Trump hasn't ever backed off the Muslim ban or Mexicans coming over here are rapists comments.

Paul Ryan should have just held out until he could see a good track record of electable speech. He did not, and he should get punished for it.

Iolo

Bernie, this is your legacy

7EO5Xze.png

"I will never love again"

benjipwns

Banned
More like desperate to roll back the hidden Trump surge that already locked down OH and PA. He won his primaries with this same low key operation, while she spent like a drunken sailor, with billions of staffers and lost every real and fair primary to nothing but an old man, his bird and an inspirational, real world message.

So PPP has Trump UP one in FLA between 6/2 and 6/5? Ugh. Please don't tell me the judge comments are playing. https://twitter.com/benchmarkpol/status/740254071953592320

The Presidential race in Florida looks like a toss up. Donald Trump’s at 41% to 40% for Hillary Clinton, with Gary Johnson at 4% and Jill Stein at 2%. In a head to head match up, Trump leads Clinton 45/44. What’s interesting about that is Clinton actually leads 45/34 with independents. But Trump has the slight overall edge because his 83/9 advantage with Republicans is a good deal better than the 77/14 one Clinton has with Democrats. If she can get the party unified around her after officially clinching the nomination she should have a slight edge in Florida, but for now Sanders supporters are showing some reluctance.

It's the Berner hold outs, That's all.

Kusagari

Those FL numbers are honestly really positive for Hillary. Once those obvious Sanders holdouts push her up to the numbers Trump has with Republicans she wins comfortably for Florida.

avaya

Red you mean, I hope?

I meant as in it will be blue in November. Just run the numbers based off the latest registration data, be as generous as possible with white voter turnout. The Hispanic numbers are going to be banana's come the general.

There are simply not enough non-college educated white voters to make it work for him.

I still cannot believe that top Republicans are calling Trump outright racist on TV TV... yet they are still voting for them and letting their endorsement stand. Do they not realize how this looks and sounds?

I'm fucking loving it.

benjipwns

Banned
It's the Berner hold outs, That's all.
It's general Democrat hold-outs it looks like. It's 75/15, 13/79 and 52/30 for D/R/I with Bernie v. Trump.

In the four-way races (Clinton or Sanders/Trump Johnson/Stein Not Sure) with Clinton:
Code:
D: 71%/14% 2%/2% 12%
R: 8%/74% 6%/2% 9%
I: 38%/28% 7%/4% 24%

With Sanders:
Code:
D: 69%/13% 1%/2% 15%
R: 8%/75% 8%/1% 8%
I: 44%/24% 7%/1% 23%

There's a slight drift to Stein with Sanders out. Even among Republicans. But more D's drop to Not Sure with Sanders over Hillary.

Random question regarding supreme court justices.

A Democrat wins the presidency. What prevents Republicans from cockblocking every single nomination to replace Scalia?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

A Democrat wins the presidency. What prevents Republicans from cockblocking every single nomination to replace Scalia?

If it looks like Hillary will win they'll move so fast on Obama's pick your head will spin. They know it's a bad deal for them, but it's far better than any deal Hillary will offer.

Rubenov

Hi guys,

I'm deployed in the middle of the desert and haven't been paying attention. What is this racist implosion with Trump I'm reading about in the last page?

If dems win the senate then nothing really.

If we don't, then I mean.. who knows what they are capable of or how obstructionist they are willing to go. They've argued that they are waiting for the election to be over so that "the people have a say in who replaces scalia" but when we know they are full of shit I doubt they will keep their word

Hi guys,

I'm deployed in the middle of the desert and haven't been paying attention. What is this racist implosion with Trump I'm reading about in the last page?

He said a judge who was born in Indiana of mexican decent was unable to judge his Trump U case fairly because he's mexican

HylianTom

Banned
I have no doubt in my mind that if the Dems win the Senate while Hillary takes the White House, they won't hesitate to exercise the nuclear option on judicial nominees if the GOP decides that they want to continue to obstruct.

Hi guys,

He's been calling the judge presiding on his Trump University fraud case as 'Mexican' (the judge was born in Indiana to Mexican-American parents) and therefore not fit to judge on the case because Trump said Mexicans are mostly rapists and bad people.

He not only double down on this, but tripled, quadrupled and quintupled down on it. He even forced his campaign surrogates to keep attacking the judge. Top Republicans have been forced to call his ass racist, but that they are still voting for him and their endorsement still stands.

Rubenov

He said a judge who was born in Indiana of mexican decent was unable to judge his Trump U case fairly because he's mexican

Thanks. I did hear that one; thought something else may have happened. By the way, anecdotal impressions (military), Trump is fairly popular with the older troops (overwhelmingly white) and dead in the water with the less than 30 crowd from all races.

Anyone thinks Kennedy will step down if Hillary wins?

He's said he's pushing off retirement under Obama to wait for a pro life POTUS. But if she wins it might not happen for him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom