• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Spectator article from a couple pages back that somehow tied Jacksonian democratic politics to Black Lives Matter...I think it gave me a stroke. I smell burnt toast everywhere, and I don't own a toaster.

Trump doing a press conference at 9pm is a horrible idea. The questions will largely focus on the judge as well as the multiple republicans who have recently called his comments racist. So Trump will either double down and attack his own party OR he'll apologize and admit he was wrong. Either way it'll be ugly, especially in contrast to Hillary's victory speech. He's basically inviting terrible optics and there's literally no benefit for him.

I genuinely think he could essentially end his campaign tonight, if he goes all out attacking Ryan/McConnell/Graham/etc.

And really, he's likely doing this out of pure spite/ego. He doesn't want Hillary to get her moment in the sun and will jump out a 12 story window to steal the spotlight.

She now threw her phone at me and asked me "How do I tweet Rachel on this thing?"

She doesn't have Twitter. She's; not getting Twitter. This is not a thing that will happen in my lifetime.
It's better than Grindr now isn't it? Let her have this Adam

Trump doing a press conference at 9pm is a horrible idea. The questions will largely focus on the judge as well as the multiple republicans who have recently called his comments racist. So Trump will either double down and attack his own party OR he'll apologize and admit he was wrong. Either way it'll be ugly, especially in contrast to Hillary's victory speech. He's basically inviting terrible optics and there's literally no benefit for him.

I genuinely think he could essentially end his campaign tonight, if he goes all out attacking Ryan/McConnell/Graham/etc.

And really, he's likely doing this out of pure spite/ego. He doesn't want Hillary to get her moment in the sun and will jump out a 12 story window to steal the spotlight.
When you say end.. You mean Donnie dropping or the party taking the mom away?

I don't know how to use Twitter, so I'm terrified to set her lose on Twitter. I don't know how to monitor her effectively.

Me: You know, Hillary might win California?
Mom: What? No. Not the home of the gays.
Me: Not everyone in California is gay.
Mom: Why do you shit on my dreams? : walking into the kitchen for wine : Fuckhead.

I don't know how to use Twitter, so I'm terrified to set her lose on Twitter. I don't know how to monitor her effectively.

Mom: Why do you shit on my dreams? : walking into the kitchen for wine : Fuckhead.
Who said you should monitor her?

It's better than Grindr now isn't it? Let her have this Adam

When you say end.. You mean Donnie dropping or the party taking the mom away?

He won't drop out. But if he goes out tonight and calls Ryan/McConnell racists and/or makes more outrageous attacks...I can imagine the establishment rescinding their endorsements and calling for a convention intervention.

When you say you're nominee is making racist comments it becomes very hard to stay the course.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Yep. There's no way on hell he doesn't get asked a million questions about Trump University. He's such a goddamned moron, I love it.

"It is unfortunate that my comments have been misconstrued as a categorical attack against people of Mexican heritage. I am friends with and employ thousands of people of Mexican and Hispanic descent," Trump said in the statement.
But Trump also said it is fair for him to question whether Curiel has a conflict of interest because of his Mexican roots and Trump's proposal to build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.
"Due to what I believe are unfair and mistaken rulings in this case and the Judge’s reported associations with certain professional organizations, questions were raised regarding the Obama appointed Judge’s impartiality. It is a fair question. I hope it is not the case," Trump said.
"While this lawsuit should have been dismissed, it is now scheduled for trial in November. I do not intend to comment on this matter any further," Trump added.

Trump doing a jerkoff motion would be as effective of an apology.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/donald-trump-university-defense-224020

They literally couldn't be nicer to sanders in appeasing him allowing this to go the whole way, if they tried. And yet, Hillary is arrogant, inevitable, entitled, etc.

itschris

CNN: Why Hillary Clinton won't ask Bernie Sanders to get out tonight

Hillary Clinton and her many surrogates who will be blanketing TV tonight will not call on Bernie Sanders to get out of the race, according to aides and talking points distributed by the campaign.

Clinton, as she has been doing, will extend an olive branch to the Vermont senator's supporters, hoping that doing so will make uniting the party easier in the coming weeks. What's more, the campaign feels wins in California and New Jersey would put all the necessary pressure on Sanders to get out on his own, meaning a push from Clinton wouldn't be necessary or helpful.

Top Clinton aides expect Sanders to take a few days after California to evaluate his campaign and what he does next. And they have been encouraged by the fact he has said he will do everything he can to make sure Donald Trump is not president.

Surrogates, in a not-so-subtle message to Sanders, though, have been instructed by the campaign to retell the story of how Clinton endorsed Barack Obama after their contentious contest in 2008.

Emarv

I'm half convinced she's your Tyler Durden at this point. Or you are her's. I can't be for certain.

Teggy

"Due to what I believe are unfair and mistaken rulings in this case and the Judge’s reported associations with certain professional organizations, questions were raised regarding the Obama appointed Judge’s impartiality. It is a fair question. I hope it is not the case," Trump said.

"At this time, I am calling for a temporary ban on Judge Curiel handling my case until we can figure out what's going on."

What about Barney Frank?

Barney Frank ain't classy, but I do love him.

I gotta ask, it's come clean time: which of you is secretly my mother?

My mom: Damn, this wine's not strong enough if I have to listen about Bernie all night. I need cocktails.
Me: What do you want me to make?
My mom: You? I don't want you to make a damn thing. I'll make something drinkable.

: five minutes later :

My mom: Oh, fuck it, I've lived long enough. Make whatever you want. Knock yourself out.

Paskil

So what is everyone's planned viewing channel for maximum amazingness/salt? I signed up for that Playstation Vue service a bit ago and now I have access to like all the news.

Brinbe

What an idiot. This whole Trump U bullshit doesn't even have anything to do with the Presidency or his nomination. But HE'S taking advantage of his position to get a favorable ruling. Fuck him.

So what is everyone's planned viewing channel for maximum amazingness/salt? I signed up for that Playstation Vue service a bit ago and now I have access to like all the news.

I'n watching MSNBC because I always watch MSNBC. Unless it's after the GE has been called for my candidate, then I watch Fox News for the delicious salt.

+3 for Hilldawg in CA. Would have been 4 but the person who registered my wife inadvertently registered her as a REP. At least we can change it before the general.

Paskil

Fuck it's already gonna be 2:30!
No work so far done, thanks primaries.

I was afraid of this, but I was basically in meetings all day, so there was no way to do anything. I am starting to get concerned though since I need to submit a powerpoint for department approval by the end of the day Friday. It has to be then because I'm on vacation all next week YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS. I'm not sure how useful and focused I will be tomorrow, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom