• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emarv

CNN has some good pundits and some truly terrible ones. I flip back and forth between MSNBC and CNN depending on who's talking.

Brinbe

Gonna watch CNN, they usually have better/easier to follow graphics on-screen (as compared to MSNBC) showing the numbers in the various contests. KEY RACE ALERT!!!!

And I always enjoy the dozen or so talking heads on stage jabbering over one another.

So Trump's "apology" is a textbook "well I'm sorry you're offended" apology, nothing more or less. He claims he won't discuss it anymore but does anyone truly believe Trump is disciplined enough not to be baited again?

I wonder what it took to get to this point, behind the scenes. If left to his own devices he would not have released a statement IMO.

That Trump statement got read just as I was going out for a few errands. I was sitting in my car giggling for the past 90 minutes straight. That's such textbook "no, fuck you, you're the one getting it wrong, also I am awesome and have more money than you" Trump, even if there's no way he himself wrote it.

Christie for VP for being the only guy supporting Trump on this.

If Clinton wants to play this super cool, she'll air the Trump press conference at her event and then go on and speak as soon as it's over. It'll act as a warm-up act for the crowd. Otherwise there's no way the media would move over to Trump while she was giving an historic speech. ..........Right?

So, I was thinking.

The Anti-Trump protesters aren't doing as much good as they could. If the whole point is to protest Trump...why not do this?

Protest in front of Paul Ryan's house. Protest in front of Mitch McConnell's house.

Protest in front of all the high ranking, well known politicians that are endorsing Trump.

A coordinated effort in this vain could have a real effect on what they want.

itschris

A voter in Los Angeles had this experience:

I usually enjoy voting in person, but today the Berniacs showed up with a slew of various complaints that just slowed everything down. I had to listen to obnoxious Berniacs:

• argue with poll workers about EVERYTHING
  • quizzing poll workers to determine if they had been properly trained
  • making unnecessary proclamations about their voting rights
  • accusing poll workers of attempting voter suppression
  • demanding to speak to a "Precinct Captain"
  • LOUDLY announcing that they were "surrendering" their NPP ballot and requesting a Democratic ballot with Bernie's name on it.
  • citing various laws/statutes and using legal terms that made them sound like those Sovereign Citizen asswipes.
  • wanting TWO ballots so they could vote twice - the second vote was for the guy's brother who was on vacation and out of state.
  • announce that something was suspicious because the names on the ballot were in a different order than what they saw on the internet (we rotate names differently in each voting district)
  • not understand that you only get a ballot stub as your receipt when you're done. They do NOT give you a fucking copy of your ballot no matter how much you whine about it.
In addition to their constant bitching and nasty attitudes, they also cut in line in front people because they think their fucking time is more important than others.

THEY were the ones slowing everything down, then bitching that the process was taking too long. They came to the polls looking for problems. The only problem was them.

And a later reply to the topic:

All of this bullshit took place within a 90 minute time frame. I feel really sorry for the poll workers who have to deal with this crap for the rest of the day. It usually only takes me 10 to 15 minutes to vote, so this was absurd.

I'm assuming they're not making this up - they have a lot of posts and they've been consistent about living in LA.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
8OYqnJ7.png

https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/739939661091635201
Say what you will about the tenets of zodiac killerism, at least it's an ethos.

As much as I dislike Ted, sometimes he is amazing. You do you Ted. Just stay the fuck away from elected office while you do.

I can't believe Trump Ughazi is really happening. There's still like six months before the election!
I don't see a lot coming from this. His supporters don't care, they'll appeal the decision, and nothing will happen until after the election. At best, they settle out of court.

Waiting for a Trump U indictment would be hilarious ironic.

I don't see a lot coming from this. His supporters don't care, they'll appeal the decision, and nothing will happen until after the election. At best, they settle out of court.

Waiting for a Trump U indictment would be hilarious ironic.

I seriously do not know how you've been following the news this week and write this post. Like this is the most oblivious post I may have ever seen

This week is not going well for Donald.

Overlooking terrorism that killed Americans, including the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland, Donald Trump sought investment partnerships with Muammar al-Qaddafi and the Libyan regime. He invited the dictator to rent his Westchester estate, tried to set up a face-to-face meeting, and took the Libyan ambassador on a golf junket.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/danielwagn...-qaddafis-cash?utm_term=.eap2VEQqx#.oaDVgnm6E

The dictator, who was overthrown and killed while resisting a bloody revolution by the Libyan people in 2011, never slept at the estate. After a storm of publicity stoked outrage, the town of Bedford yanked permission for the tent, scuttling the Libyans’ plans and forcing their leader to stay in Manhattan, indoors. Qaddafi, Trump said on Face the Nation, “paid me a fortune, never got to stay there. And it became sort of a big joke.”

But BuzzFeed News has learned there was more to the relationship between Trump and Qaddafi than the short-term rental of an expensive campground and surrounding estate. According to four U.S. and Libyan sources, Trump sought to use the opportunity to gain access to Qaddafi, who was in a position to release billions in investment capital.

It is not clear exactly what kind of project Trump had in mind, according to the sources, most of whom spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter.
More at link, I recommend reading.

Attention fellow Gaffers TYT is about to start soon. Required viewing. I predict a complete Cenk melt down along with a complete Jimmy Dore meltdown tonight.
Already delivering. I'm going to mute my TV and leave this on all night. He's already rather unhinged, forgetting that even Clinton said calls last night were silly and everyone should go vote today.

But indictment! They'd still give it to Biden before Sanders, lol.

pigeon

Banned
Coming from me, is that really surprising at this point?

But no, seriously, I need help understanding.

It is bad when your party's Presidential nominee attacks a Latino judge by suggesting that he cannot be trusted to do his job because of his ethnicity.

It is more bad when he repeatedly does it and when people say not to do it he overrules them.

It is even more bad when he says that other ethnicities, like Muslims, are probably also subject to the same issue.

It is SUPER bad when he schedules a special press conference against his opponent's nomination-clinching press conference to talk more about the topic for no reason.

These actions will make your party much less likely to win the presidency and make members of your party unlikely to win Latino votes in general, possibly for many years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom