• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

3phemeral

HU1JSMh.png

Updating furiously at the gym.

teiresias

Haha, Steve Schmidt on MSNBC saying this speech will make Clinton's inner circle quiver and some woman saying it will calm the political waters within the GOP.

I'm sorry, but this speech does nothing to get rid of the fundamental "racist" problem Trump has brought upon himself, particularly since he gave no indication he's willing to walk back anything he said that brought on all this grief. If the GOP establishment glosses over this because of one speech, they'll be left looking again like fools (probably in like a week or two) when Trump steps into it again.

mo60

Prediction: Hillary will get a boost in polls due to the primary ending, Trump will blame it on the attempt to shackle his campaign (teleprompters, less bravado) and will return to the Old Trump.

And then his poll numbers will still stay the same and the dynamics of the race won't change at all.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Does Trump not know that all you have to do to win is have the biggest crowds when doing speeches? It looked cheap. A couple of rich people sitting at tables.

User1608

Banned
Haha, Steve Schmidt on MSNBC saying this speech will make Clinton's inner circle quiver and some woman saying it will calm the political waters within the GOP.

I'm sorry, but this speech does nothing to get rid of the fundamental "racist" problem Trump has brought upon himself, particularly since he gave no indication he's willing to walk back anything he said that brought on all this grief. If the GOP establishment glosses over this because of one speech, they'll be left looking again like fools (probably in like a week or two) when Trump steps into it again.
Yup. He's shown far too many times he's very volatile and incredibly thin-skinned. It's not a question if he will lash out with another racist tirade. It's a question of when.

watershed

Banned
This Trump speech accomplishes nothing but prove that he can be a boring republican if he really tries hard. It won't erase people's minds, nor does it suggest that he won't go back to being himself on the campaign trail.

I hope Obama is at her rally tonight
I don't think he should be there. I think it would take away from her "moment." But he should have her at the WH or something tomorrow where he and Biden endorse her.

This will be her history making night despite the AP jumping the gun.

watershed

Banned
Seriously no one watches MSNBC but why do they think republicans will start watching them

MSNBC knows young people who are mostly liberal don't watch tv so now they're going after the older republican tv viewer who might be tired of Fox News. It's not gonna work but I suppose they think its better than trying to appeal to people who don't even have cable.

I thought Trump's speech was horribly written and delivered. Really highlights that this is not a traditional campaign, or a campaign at all: it's Trump and a ragtag group of amateurs sinking their ship before reinforcements can arrive. He needs help. I'd imagine the RNC is getting ready to play a larger role but given who is running Trump's campaign I just can't see this being a smooth transition.

Slayven

I thought Trump's speech was horribly written and delivered. Really highlights that this is not a traditional campaign, or a campaign at all: it's Trump and a ragtag group of amateurs sinking their ship before reinforcements can arrive. He needs help. I'd imagine the RNC is getting ready to play a larger role but given who is running Trump's campaign I just can't see this being a smooth transition.

I heard his family is doing a lot of the work, especially his sons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom